- Text Size +
"You could've just TOLD me you shrunk!" Lexi sighed, kicking back in Josh's front seat as a now normal sized Krystal was in the back seat.

Lexi rapped her fingertips on Josh's dashboard now, a habit she'd find herself doing whenever she was nervous. It also seemed to ease any built up static that remained crackling through her digits. The last thing she wanted to do was shrink Josh WHILE he was driving.

"It just didn't seem like something I should trouble you with ..." Josh shrugged, trying to turn on some music to distract from the otherwise tense mood while the three briskly made their way towards the neighborhood holding the small computer parts emportium. "...plus I think I TRIED to tell you and you didn't hear ..."

"I remember my first time being shrunk..." Lexi groaned, not having the most pleasant memory of it. "I'm so sorry Josh, it won't happen again ... well... I guess I can't really promise that ... and Krystal? You're .. good, right? Like no more tingles or shrinky feelings?"

"I'm fine Lex..." Krystal nodded, "Like Josh said, it's all good... I know you aren't doing it on purpose..."

Her friends reassurance, while appreciated would only get Alexis Cole so far in trying to accept whatever was happening with her. Still, she was a bit relieved to see Aztek Parts & More appearing on the right side of the road as they neared it.

"Okay, let's go in" Josh said, shutting the car off as he pulled up to the curb by the entrance. Lexi was about to stand before Lexi put her hand on her shoulder for a moment. Lexi looked back in response.

"You go ahead Josh ... I just want to talk to Lex for a second..." Krystal said with a coy smile that had Lexi and Josh both curious, but Josh followed her orders and walked out of the car, walking around the front of the vehicle to then navigate towards the entrance of the shop which appeared very much closed.

"So ... you and Josh..." Krystal said with a low whisper in case he was listening

"What about us?" Lexi asked, confused again.

"Oh cmon, he so obviously likes you ..." Krystal giggled, regretful that she couldn't talk about it much further as it seemed Josh was heading right back to the car after getting nowhere with the front door.

"Huh? It's not like ..." Lexi started but again, ceased her talking once she realized Josh was quickly on his way back to join them. "No luck, Josh?"

"No..." Josh said with a sigh, "...he's not answering his phone ... the buildings dark inside ... I don't even see his car around ... I just hope he's alright ..."

Lexi frowned, "...I was so close..."

"So close to what?" Krystal asked, a bit curious.

"N-Never mind..." Lexi sighed, a bit of anxiety welling up inside of her which resulted in her shrinking again, just about 3 inches tall on the top of Josh's car seat.

"Well ... I was suppose to meet Chris and some of the guys here anyway ... our DnD campaign cotninues shortly" Josh sighed, referring to the card shop across the street. He hadn't yet noticed Lexi's change in stature as he spun his head around to look at his other surroundings, "Although maybe you girls wanted to do something else for now?"

"I don't mean to mess up your plans, Josh..." Lexi squeaked, getting his attention as that was indeed not the voice he was expecting to hear. Krystal leaned over the front seat from behind to have a better luck at the shrunken Lexi and tried to contain a giggle.

"Heh... you really ARE cute tiny, Lexi..." Krystal muttered, looking the 3 inch tall figurine sized girl over.

"Heh ... thanks" Lexi squeaked shyly, looking down at her phone as she had been texting Leah on and off to keep her updated while her best friend had been still at work at the Fashion Boutique.

"Well ...." Josh sighed, giving Krystal and Lexi a nervous look, "It's up to you both ... Krystal, I won't be able to drive you back for a bit while the game is going ... if you wanted to sit in, that'd be fine although I don't think you'd find it all that interesting..."

"You kidding me? I love D and D!" the bubbly blonde exclaimed. Lexi gave them both an uncomfortable thumbs up while messaging Leah to possibly hang out with her when she got out of work. Krystal shot Lexi a sad look downwards "Unless ... Lexi didn't want to, of course ... sorry ... I feel like I'm totally butting in here..."

"N-No you're fine ..." Lexi sighed nervously, looking up at both her friends while she remained currently unable to unshrink, "I just ... don't know what I'm really gonna be able to ... well ... DO ... in a D and D game ..."

An uncomfortable silence emerged, from which Josh would shoot his tiny friend a sly grin. Lexi looked up in utter discomfort and groaned.

"Oh no ... c'mon ... not that ..." Lexi squeaked

"You DID said you'd try it one of these days ..." Josh shrugged

"Ugh ... FINE...." a cranky tiny Lexi squeaked in resignation, "let's just get this over with ..."

_____________________

Meanwhile an evil Doctor gloated over the progression of his ongoing endeavor ... to potentially discover powerful new dimensions by leveraging both the work of his interdimensionally gifted colleague Dr. Giovanni Guillardo -- and using a seemingly invaluable trinket belonging to his greatest arch enemy -- she who shall not be named.

On that note, it was about time to kick up the Doctor's favorite "game" while he waited for the return of his Drone and its prize.

"Launch ShrinkGirl Simulator 7.2 ...." the Doctor proudly declared, watching as another dastardly scenario of the evil engineer's design came to life before his eyes -- a pixelated form of a wooden box proceeding slowly down a conveyer belt. Right on cue, Lexi herself would smash free of it, only to see a long row of nearly identical wooden boxes on a long, winding conveyer belt as they traveled their way deeper into the depths of a dank musty factory.

In this scenario, a digital version of Dr. Maximillian E Mumford himself would appear to taunt Lexi as he'd pull a lever which would trigger a piston to crush an unlucky crate if it should happen to line up with the moving machinery. Lexi looked up in fear for a moment before raising an eyebrow.

"You realize ... I can just get off the conveyer belt, right?" Lexi chuckled, doing just that as she rolled off to the side, rendering the entire exercise more or less useless.

"SHRINKGIRL WINS! FLAWLESS VICTORY!"

"What?! Nein Nein Nein Nein!" Max shrieked in defeat watching the horrid message play out yet again, "She's supposed to stay and get crushed! Aggggh!!"

BZT -- INCOMING VIDEO CALL : ORIGIN UNKNOWN --

Dr. Max knew such a call could only originate from one unique caller and he quickly peeked over his shoulder to make sure nobody was observing his large video monitor as he accepted the call, rubbing his aching temples as he did so. Being a crazy mad scientist certainly wasn't as easy as he remembered it being ...

Sure enough, popped up on the screen at a very close up angle was a stern looking woman with sharp piercing eyes. Her very presence would be much more menacing if not for the fact that she went by the title of "Leader of Fensteria -- the fairy colony" -- better known to her denizens as Esmerelda.

The two had been in touch sporadically since Dr. Max had done extensive scouting of the mystical fairy colony hidden deep in the trenches of Fenster Forest. It was therefore no coincidence that he was able to commission and ultimately build a second Enormo satellite location that may, in the future, serve a very strategic purpose. For now though, he faced the wrath of a fairy woman seemingly scorned.

"To what do I owe this distinct displeasure...?" the rude Doctor retorted before Esmerelda could even get a word in. After all, her pouty face already conveyed quite the message.

"You know damn well what this is about ..." Esmerelda quipped, similarly looking over her shoulder as she communicated with the thrifty humanoid via a magical reflecting pool deep in the Fensterian Citadel. She had to peek over now and then to make sure no knights or guards were able to observe her actions. "just a few moments ago, a wormhole opened up right in the center of the citadel..."

"A wormhole, you say?" the mad doctor replied with a wry smile that crossed his tired face

"Don't act coy with me Doctor..." Esmeralda sputtered, "...quite frankly I'm not sure what exactly you're a Doctor OF ... but that's another story ..."

"Insults will not be necessary Queen Tinkerbell" Dr. Max smirked as he slung another verbal arrow

"Regardless..." an annoyed Esmerelda replied, opting to ignore the "Tinkerbell" comment, "...this was not the plan"

"Ah but this WAS the plan!" Dr. Max cackled with glee, "this was always the plan ... I was just able to assemble the resources a bit ... quicker than planned..."

"Thats the other thing I wanted to talk to you about ..." Esmerelda said in a low cautionary voice, "...whatever you're using to power your ... gadget ... it's based off Fensterian energy ... which would explain the unexpected emergence of the portal ... brief as it was..."

Dr. Max looked back to see his "SG" trophy glistening in its metallic holding cell, giving off sparks from the recent experiment.

"Oh I'm sorry ..." Dr. Max replied mockingly, "you are wanting the belt? I'm afraid it's not for sale..."

"I don't WANT the belt ..." Esmerelda said definitively, "that belt holds but a mere fraction of Fensteria's true power ... but using it could be very dangerous if not ..."

"Yes yes, I know ... use caution, do not be swimming 30 minutes after eating..." Dr. Max shrugged, "you think I do not read warning labels?"

"This isn't a joke --!" Esmerelda yelled, again peeking over her shoulder to make sure she couldn't be overheard

"And I would think you'd be happy, after all..." Dr. Max rambled, continuing to ignore the fairy queen's concerns, "The plan is ahead of schedule ... if successful, you'll be able to capture your ... fairy thingy..."

"Yes ... the fairy thingy ..." a very disgruntled Esmerelda responded as she folded her arms in stark indignance. "We're both aware of the endgame here ... quite frankly, not sure it'll have a very happy ending for all involved..."

"Oh I already suspect that it won't ..." the curt Doctor replied with an indifferent shrug, "but that's why ... oh ... I've got to be going ... call on the other line ... bzt ... can't hear you!"

"Doctor ... you better not...!!" Esmerelda shouted but it was already too late. Dr. Max closed communications and left an already distraught Esmerelda burdened with the thought of what such a mad man could do with such power, even with such a small dose.

The reason Dr. Max had cancelled the call however was two fold. While he refused to listen to any more of the prattlings of the self entitled Esmerelda (as intriguing as her idea of Fensterian power was to him), he was also alerted to the arrival of his drone which had just returned after a successful (and destructive) mission to capture Lexi and her precious toy purple car as he so callously called it.

The eager mad scientist quickly departed his office to go greet his newest acquisition in the chamber it would be landing. Along the way he would be intercepted by fellow scientist Dr. Giovanni Guillardo who quickly took note of Max's unusual happiness.

"Well somebody seems excited..." Giovanni joked, "should I be worried?"

"No, you should be coming with me!" Dr. Max said in a half joking but still commanding manner as the two men sped up their walking pace. "Wait until you see this!"

______________________

"Wait until you see this!" Josh exclaimed, commanding the attention of all of his D&D brethren as they sat at a crowded rectangular table adorned with a shiny playmat. They looked at him curiously and with some skepticism remembering the last time he made such a proclamation. He had presented them with a mini statue of a dragon that breathed real fire. Cool, for sure but an obvious safety hazard. What he had in his hands this time however would be something much different -- or rather, someone.

Joshua James carefully opened his hands and deposited none other than Alexis Cole -- all three inches of her -- onto the playmat where she stood, looking up in sheer humiliation.

Losing control of her powers was one thing, but this was an all new low for the Shrinkster.

Lexi would wave shyly, and while she was maybe 50% sure she could grow herself back if she REALLY tried, she knew this gave Josh (and the other 'geeks' for lack of a better word) a slight thrill, particularly Chris and Will who seemed to lean down and have a closer look.

"Lexi? Is that really you?" Will chuckled

"No, dipshit, its the OTHER ShrinkGirl" Chris chuckled, laughing until he produced a small snort upon seeing his friend reduced to a DnD figure.

"Okay, guys ... be nice" Josh chuckled, taking a seat behind Lexi who looked back a bit annoyed but tried her best to hide it. "I was thinking we play a special campaign ... a ShrinkGirl adventure!"

"Well no fair, how come you get the authentic figure?" Will queried

"Your dad owns a toy store, dude" Chris chuckled, "You probably have like 16 ShrinkGirl action figures under your bed ..."

"No I don't ..." Will groaned defensively, "...not 16..."

"Alright, alright ... let's get started..." Josh said with a chortle, gently pinching Lexi around the waist and lifting her up, only to move her a short distance by what appeared to be a plastic door. "I'll roll to see if ShrinkGirl breaks through the door..."

"Is it too late to opt out of this??" Lexi squeaked and bemoaned

"Action figures don't talk, Lexi ..." Chris teased, drawing a crossed arm pout from the miniature superheroine.

'You guys don't think you're being KIND of mean?" a worried sounding Krystal said as she hovered over Josh's shoulder to watch.

"Heh, I agree..." another voice chimed in. Lexi almost leapt in joy to see it was Leah, out of work and standing beside Krystal to watch the demeaning scene play out. "...plus what gives, Lexi? You'll do THIS but you never offer to be my tiny fashion runway model??"

Lexi sighed, a slight giggle in her voice. Had she not been so internally freaked out about her powers going haywire, she'd find some humor in all of this. After all, she saw the value in not taking oneself too seriously and didn't mind using her powers on occasion to become small for just these kind of gags. Still ... a doll sized runway model? ...actually that did sound pretty cute, but maybe another time.

"Anyways ..." Leah continued, faking a step towards the exit, "I can see you're busy here with your friends so maybe ..."

Lexi squeaked and made a quick turn for the edge of the table, trying with all her might to grow back.

"Wait Leah -- don't leave!!" she squeaked, almost falling on her face as she grew back suddenly, going from 3 inches tall to nearly 5 and a half feet in no time flat, strewing things around the table in the process and causing some annoyed sighing from the D&D players as their D20's, character sheets and props were either knocked off the table or throw off their placements. Lexi gave a shy smile and a shrug as she sprung from the table.

"Hey you can't take our Lexi figure..." Chris said in a mocking tone as he stood up to meet Lexi, "we were still playing with her!"

"Sorry Chris" Lexi chuckled, pushing him playfully back into his seat by shoving him on the shoulder. What she didn't see coming, nor did poor Chris, is the event that would ensue, shrinking HIM to miniature size as he now just stood on the chair aghast at his new current size of only 3 inches tall.

"Hey!!" Chris squeaked angrily, "C'mon! I was just joking around!"

As the laughs grew from a murmur to a louder all out chuckle, Lexi only offered her newly shrunken friend a wry grin.

"Don't worry short fry, it should wear off ... eventually..." Lexi joked, following Leah out the door. "So, how was work?"

"Heh... it was fine ..." Leah replied, "but I have a feeling YOU'VE had the more interesting day..."

______________________________


Elsewhere sat a disgruntled young Roxie Wright, her dog Woof curled up by her ankles while she threw sharp pocket knives at a dart board, lining up each shot beforehand as if aiming one of her rifles. She'd groan as another shot would veer wide right, shattering an empty beer bottle.

"I'll clean that up later ..." she mumbled to nobody in particular before getting a phone call.

The reckless (and at times sloppy) criminal peeked around, trying to find the source of the vibrating phone only to dig it out from under her own posterior as she got off her futon.

The tired blonde answered the phone in the only manner she knew how as she picked up and said,

"Yes, this is Roxie ... if you somehow have this phone number, please lose it or I'll come find you and I will..."

"...still sticking with that same ol' voicemail message, huh?" the unimpressed female voice on the other end replied. Roxie rolled her eyes, toying with a knife between her dexterity gifted fingertips.

"Oh it's you ..." Roxie sighed, dropping the knife on the floor. It clattered there for a moment or two, attracting the attention of the inquisitive German shepherd, Woof. Roxie gently tapped him with the heel of her boot to keep the dog from playing with the sharp object, "whattaya want, blue hair?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Roxie ..." Aeris said with a shrug, seemingly getting suited up for something herself, buttoning up her sleek "Cybertek" blazer being careful to mind the extra attachments she had strapped to her belt to appear as inconspicuous as possible. "...do you have her or not?"

"If I did, do you think I'd just hand her over?" Roxie asked

"For the right price, yeah..." Aeris replied with an eye roll, "I know you pretty well after all..."

"Yeah well she ain't here ..." Roxie said, a strange lack of emotion in her voice.

"Huh. I actually believe you ..." Aeris replied, fumbling for her car keys, "if only because if she WERE with you, you'd be gloating about it right now ... just like you've been dangling her like a carrot over the Chaos Crew ever since you were sent in to --"

"Hey... that job was up for grabs" Roxie said, "You snooze, you lose..."

"Look I could care less about this job myself..." Aeris shrugged, "You think I like juggling all these reponsibilities? Thing is, if you don't have her that means she's either out in the weeds or Enormo has her..."

At this, Roxie sat up a bit.

"Enormo? What do those fuckers want with her?" Roxie asked

"They likely don't give two shits about her" Aeris said, checking to make sure she had everything as she made her way out to her dark blue Saab. "But the drone attack was a pretty dead giveaway that Max is in the hunt for SOMETHING big... maybe not our blonde friend but ..."

"She's NOT my friend..." Roxie said with a tone of detest in her voice

"You know what I mean, geez chill, Rox..." Aeris said, getting into her car, "Anyway ... I'm trying to get a head start before shit hits the fan ... Lexi's inside man seems to be on the run and I've gotta see if I can gather any clues ... you in?"

"Another chance to trash that place? Pass...." Roxie shrugged, resuming her made up game of "knife darts" with her free hand. "Just a word to the wise though, don't try the back way in..."

"Duh, he's got a laser grid..." Aeris said with yet another eye roll before ending the call.

Roxie looked down at Woof who let out a low whimper. Roxie, not one to emote found herself showing a similar look as her face displayed momentary sadness.

________________


Leah and Lexi waited in line for ice cream at the summer hot spot "Mini Scoops" located just nearby a skatepark. The area was bustling with activity and noise, but that was all taken up to 11 as many kids (and even some adults) erupted into hooting and hollering when Lexi had first arrived at the scene with Leah, wearing her ShrinkGirl costume, the only clothes she seemed to have on her for the time being. She sighed and offered some waves and even still a few selfies, all the while trying to contain this uncomfortable tingling feeling in her extremities even as she took the smallest of steps forward in line.

"Lex, are you okay?" Lean asked concerned, noting the uncomfortable look on Lexi's face, "it almost looks like you're trying to hold in a sneeze..."

"In many ways I am ..." Lexi stuttered, flinching and arching her back as Leah looked on with concern, wishing she could do something to help her suffering best friend. "It's like ... a struggle to keep my body this size ... although when I'm small ... it's also a struggle ...."

Leah was about to respond when a girl in front of them turned and gasped, although the gasp seemed "played up" as if her turning around was very much scripted and planned.

"Omigod it IS you ... you're ShrinkGirl!!" the girl chuckled, looking as star struck as some of the others had. The girl looked to be about 15 and was with a group of her friends who had a similar reaction. Lexi again waved sheepishly, but Leah seemed a bit more upset at the intrusion.

"Hey, can't my friend live her life?" Leah snapped, causing the girls to nod their heads obediently and slowly quiet down their excitement. Lexi had to chuckle at least a LITTLE bit as the line slowly advanced.

"You think you were a bit harsh on them?" Lexi asked.

"Maybe but ... I don't know ..." Leah sighed, "guess I'm stressed myself..."

"Work been tough?" Lexi asked as the line progressed forward at a brisk pace, "I know you said this was your big summer fashion rush..."

"Even more than that --" Leah said, seeming suddenly a lot more excitable, "Sally wants me to start like ... curating the clothes we order for the shop ... kind of like a 'staff picks' thing ..."

"Really?" Lexi smiled, the conversation taking her mind and body off any unusual sensations she had been feeling, "So like, I could go in and buy something from the 'Leah collection'?"

"I mean, not exactly ... it's just ... Leah approved... I guess?" Leah answered in a bit of a confounded way. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be rambling about work right now ... especially after everything you've been going through"

"Lee, it's fine" Lexi said with a smile, "I need it ... for real ... I just want to feel like a normal girl again ..."

Right on cue, as Lexi said those words, a few skater boys in t-shirts passed by and whipped out their cell phones at just the right time to sneak Lexi into the background of their selfie, giving each other a high five as if they had just won some kind of award.

"Since when has NORMAL ever been your thing?" Leah said with a joking tone, "when has it been EITHER of our things? We're the goofy goobers damn it!"

"You got that from Spongebob..." Lexi smirked as the two ladies were just a couple spots away from ordering ice cream.

"Actually I got it from Mara ..." Leah sighed, "she kept humming that stupid song and now it's in my head..."

Lexi simply nodded, feeling a bit of an electric charge go through her as Lexi and Leah finally reached the counter. Try as she might, she just couldn't stop this burst of energy from striking her through the leg and up her torso. She HAD however somewhat mitigated the overall effects of her size burst.

"Hi uh ... " Leah started to order but then noticed Lexi had again shrunk, although not all the way. Her best friend of over 15 years was now standing at approximately the height they both were when they met, if not a bit less, standing at no more than 2 feet tall and failing to even reach Leah's waist. "One adult and ... one child..."

Lexi simply grumbled as Leah couldn't take her eyes off the reduced Lexi. She wasn't sure how but this somehow felt more humiliating than when she was the DnD action figure ... at least then she felt an odd sense of adoration from the guys at the card shop. This just made her feel foolish and like a little kid as Leah led her to their seats, a set of 3 metallic chairs surrounding a round table with an umbrella hoisted high in the air.

Lexi let out a grunt, climbing up on the chair and looking down in dismay.

"My feet don't even touch the ground!" Lexi sighed and sputtered.

"Awwww calm down, shorty..." Leah teased, sliding a navy blue cup of lemon gelato towards Lexi with a spoon already in it, "at least you're big enough to eat your ice cream!"

"Yeah for now ..." Lexi sighed, having to sit up a bit to see into the cup and gather up a scoop, "Th-Thanks again for buying..."

"Well, I was going to anyway ..." Leah said, "but then I thought, you probably left your wallet at home in your Barbie dream house"

"Leah c'mon!" Lexi groaned, although half laughing as she lapped up a scoop of the frosty treat.

"Hey you wanted me to treat you like a normal person, this is what normal people do ..." Leah giggled, "and hey, the people have stopped staring now..."

"They're staring MORE now..." Lexi sighed, rightfully pointing that out. Leah simply offered a nervous grin.

After a pause while the two girls enjoyed their dessert, Leah finally spoke up.

"So, Josh said Trevor wasn't around anywhere?" Leah asked

"Yeah ... and I'm really worried about him ..." Lexi sighed, her wrist shaking a bit as she tried to pull up another scoop.

"Oh shoot" Leah eeped, noticing the momentary tremble, "you're not about to shrink again, are you??"

"I don't ... think so ... no" Lexi said, "but I appreciate the attentiveness ... I'd rather not dive into a pool of lemon gelato ..."

"Actually that sounds kinda yummy..." Leah replied casually, sampling her raspberry gelato on a sleek white plastic spoon with a goofy grin across her face, "how great is gelato anyway?"

"So great!" Lexi smirked, pushing herself more forward on the chair to make sure she had the right angle to eat the gelato.

"Well more importantly..." Leah said, having been well aware of the attack earlier, "what exactly happened ... with the drones and everything?"

"It was such a mess..." Lexi sighed, yelping as she suddenly shot up in height, growing back to normal, but almost slipping out of her chair as she did so. She'd scoot back and continue eating while talking, "Mad Max had like ... my exact location..."

"So he's ... tracking you somehow?" Leah asked worriedly

"Honestly, I'm surprised he hadn't tried it sooner..." Lexi commented, "the mad doctor's been crazy quiet for a while ... and now ..."

"Now, he's just crazy" Leah responded with a smile, proud to have finished Lexi's comment, "...I know your humor by now, I'd like to think"

"Heh yeah ... but ... some other crazy stuff happened, Leah..." Lexi explained, "For one thing ... I shrank a car..."

"You shrank a car?" Leah asked, "You mean ... besides your own?"

"Yeah..." Lexi said, still in astonishment as she recalled the harrowing events, "I ... I saved this police officer from being killed ... I dove in front of the car and ... I don't know how but I ... I shrank it ... it was like ..."

"...the coolest thing I've ever heard!!" Leah exclaimed, suddenly sounding like one of the spunky fangirls herself. "Lexi, you're a fucking hero"

"Th-Thanks Leah but I ..." Lexi paused eating, her body still only for her to resume movement again, "...false alarm"

"But nothing" Leah said, "You saved someone's life ... and you shrank a car ... wait, yeah how DID you shrink a car?"

"I have no idea ..." Lexi said, looking worried, "I was only under the impression that I could shrink myself and occasionally other people..."

"Whoa ..." Leah gasped, suddenly deep in thought, "you think you could like ... shrink this entire ice cream stand and we could just ... take it with us?"

Lexi simply shot her best friend a comical glare that may as well have said "Are you being for real right now?" Leah herself shrugged and resumed eating her gelato.

"But yeah ... I ... really don't understand the extent of my powers ..." Lexi frowned, "and ... I mean, yeah ..."

"Well hey," Leah said, trying to adopt her best friends mindset and look on the bright side, "you saved the police officer, it sounds like you saved Krystal too from what I heard"

"I did, and she was awesome as well" Lexi said, again recounting the intense battle she had just been in, before stopping and chuckling "...although ... you should've seen the look on Roxie's face when I shrank her!"

Leah gasped and started laughing out loud, dropping her spoon and drawing further attention from some adjacent park goers. She finally settled down before leaning in to talk quieter to Lexi

"You shrank Roxie?" Leah repeating, her laughter still evident as she tried desperately to hold it in "..and you didn't get pictures?"

"I would if I could have ..." Lexi chuckled, knowing that even if she somehow grew up to never defeat Roxie she'd always have that one triumphant moment "...she grew back super quick ... it seems like even the people I shrink also grow back ... eventually..."

Leah shrugged as if she understood this science perfectly while taking another hearty scoop of gelato, leaving nothing save for a dribbling drip of pink, "Guess that's why you left Chris tiny at the card shop..."

"Heh yeah ..." Lexi replied, at first retaining her smile but it slowly faded over time as she thought about something else, "Hey, Leah?"

"Yeah, Lex?" Leah asked, making sure to stay attentive as it seemed Lexi had something more heartfelt on her mind.

"You know? How I keep shrinking?" Lexi asked, to which Leah nodded, "what if I ... what if I couldn't grow back?"

"Lex don't say that..." Leah frowned.

Sure, the girls had often joked about life as fairies or being shrunk as kids but it was all make believe and even in those concocted storylines, they'd always end up being their normal selves again.

"I'm ... I'm not saying it's super possible..." Lexi said, while truthfully not knowing the answer, "but it IS possible ... what if I was ... you know? Stuck tiny? Would we still be best friends?"

"Lex, of COURSE we'd still be best friends..." Leah said sincerely, "I've got your back no matter what ..."

"Yeah?" Lexi said with a nod and a half smile, "I believe you of course, it's just ..."

"I mean ... things would have to change a LITTLE bit I suppose..." Leah teased, getting more and more into the nuances of thinking about the scenario in question, "couldn't really play basketball anymore ... not super fair to you ..."

"Well we ..."

"Whenever you asked me for a ride, you'd always have to say 'can I have a lift'? and then we laugh and laugh even though it's a played out joke..." Leah continued

"Yeah yeah..." Lexi sighed

"And you'd have to call me Supreme Overlord Leah for all times, that's non-negotiable..." Leah chuckled "AND..."

"Okay okay!" Lexi groaned, no longer enjoying the joke, "I'm serious Lee..."

"I am too ... you know that I love you Lex..." Leah said, "Now eat your gelato before it gets all goopy..."

"Okay okay..." Lexi giggled, about to do just that before her body began to have other ideas, "...shit. shit, Leah it's happening, move the cup, please! Hurry!"

Leah was just quick enough to swipe the gelato cup back a bit as Lexi leaned forward and shrank onto the table, now sitting down on the napkin that had been in front of the gelato cup.

"Thanks Lee... that was close..." Lexi squeaked, only a few inches tall again and using the napkin as a bit of a beach blanket.

"No problem, Lex" Leah said proudly, "like I said -- nothing bad happens to my --"

Just then, the red haired lusty elf known as Mara slid by, quick to snag Lexi's former seat as she hungrily eyed the half eaten gelato in the cup.

"Mara wai --!!" Lexi squeaked but it was too late. At her current position relative to Mara's she soon found herself smooshed below the woman's ample bosom as she scooted in closer to Leah.

"Is this Lexi's?" Mara asked, pointing down to the gelato cup, "do you think she would mind if I had a bite?"

"Ummmmm.....?" Leah gulped nervosly, already knowing exactly where Lexi was. "I don't think she would ... but ..."

"Hmm?" Mara asked, a bit naive still as she looked side to side, Lexi the victim of the increasing pressure as she squeaked out in pain, "...is there something on my face?"

"N-No ... not your face ..." Leah sighed, turning bright red, "You just boob smushed Lexi..."

"I what?" Mara eeped before scooting back, only to see the tiny Lexi crawling out from under the elf's large breasts acting like a bug that had been stepped on.

"My back...." Lexi squeaked, perhaps playing it up a LITTLE bit for sympathy. The impact wasn't a pleasant one but between the softness of Mara's flesh and the extra cushioning of the bra, she had just felt smothered for several seconds.

"Oh shoot, luv... what were you doing down there?" Mara frowned, before looking down at her own boobs with disapproval "...yknow someday I'm going to kill someone with these things..."

"You almost did ..." Lexi squeaked, straining to stand back up and somehow salvage this moment, "wh-what uh ... what brings you here anyway?"

"Oh, I just applied to work here!" Mara answered enthusiastically, speaking down towards her tiny friend

"Oh nice ... but aren't they only open for like another month before they close for the season?" Leah asked

"Why do you think I applied?" Mara said with a shrug, "this is their busiest season and they're desperate for help"

"So you got the job?" Leah asked

"Oh yeah no ..." Mara shrugged, "I asked for a free sample ..."

"Well that's not so bad ..." Leah started

"... of all 54 flavors in one cup" Mara continued, prompting both Leah and Lexi to let out an agreeable "ah...."

"You sure you're okay?" Leah asked Lexi again as the tiny woman slowly regained composure.

"Just my pride..." Lexi squeaked shyly

"Soooo what were you two doing out here?" Mara asked, "and why is Lexi super tiny? I guess I should be used to that second part by now though"

Lexi sighed as she attempted to explain, "We really need to get into Aztek Parts to talk to Dr. Hilfmann but ... he's gone"

"What do you mean? Where did he go?" Mara asked

"Nobody's sure ..." Leah sighed, "and he's not answering phone calls either ..."

"There MIGHT be something in that lab that could stabilize me ... but even then ... I'd have no idea where to begin ..." Lexi lamented

"Well Josh would know..." Leah said

"True" Lexi replied, "but we'd still need to find a way in ... awww what am I saying? That's breaking and entering ... we can't do that"

"Well you can't go on this way, Lex" Leah frowned, "in the last hour you've been normal height, half height and tiny height"

"Half height, what was that like?" Mara asked curiously

"Omigosh it was so cute ..." Leah smirked, getting distracted as she began to explain it to Mara, all the while frustrating Lexi further.

"Hey hey! C'mon! Let's focus!" Lexi squeaked

"Right right ...." Leah sighed

"If only you knew someone..." Mara smirked coyly, "with teleporting powers ..."

Lexi and Leah blinked for a second before almost feeling stupid for forgetting that.

"Ohhhh yeah...." Lexi said with a bit of a smirk.

"And if that doesn't work, Mara can just smash the door in with her boobs" Leah joked, eliciting a giggle from all 3 girls.