- Text Size +
Minitropolis Penitentiary was home to several unsavory characters and thanks to the heroics of one Alexis Cole AKA ShrinkGirl, the residencies were filling up fast as the young 20 something brunette was quickly collecting many new enemies.

Located on what one would call the shadier side of town, the maximum security prison facility was firmly gated off by thick tattered fencing, barbed wire and your usual gaggle of swat officers and police dogs.

The streets of Minitropolis might have been a hotbed for criminal activity and unrest but the locked down mecca of the Penitentiary would suggest otherwise. This was a place of law and order, of forced compliance. A place where nothing ever ever went wrong and nothing out of the ordinary ever happened.

“Bang bang motherfuckers!!!” came a cackling voice, determined to rile up the peace.

The voice was a familiar one to law enforcement and criminals alike and belonged to a blonde haired feisty young woman known as Roxanne Wright ... although many would only be able to eep out the word “Roxie...” before meeting their bitter end, if she so desired it. More often than not though, the playful vixen with the leather spandex and colorful crop tops would simply toy with her foes, keeping them at bay with her twin .45's colored ruby red or sapphire blue and if that didn’t work for whatever reason she may persuade others, like that foolish ShrinkGirl with her ravishing hips or crudely painted lips.

But even as Roxie engaged in one of her favorite pastimes, firing off curse words faster than the bullets that leapt from the barrel of her guns, a lingering question would be on the mind of all those she terrorized or worked with.... why?

Why would the reckless Roxie even bother breaking into a penitentiary that would be by all accounts happy to have her as a permanent guest? Why risk it? Sure, Roxie was a loose cannon with an affinity for gambling but this felt more like randomness for randomness’ sake...

“We have a code 14 security breach!!” an anxious officer shouted over the litenany of noise as bullets fired off in the background of his alarmed radio call. Alas, before he could finish his sentence, the officer would meet a gruesome fate as Roxie was all too eager to slam the barrel ofher firearm into the side of his face, giggling with glee as she watched him topple over.

“False alarm!!” she cackled into the fallen guards radio only further pointing out her less than subtle motives.

Indeed, Roxie wasn’t there to get captured but rather to spring someone from the prisons iron tight grip. She was here, perhaps ... for unfinished business.

To that end sat a girl, quietly sobbing in her cell even amidst the chaos and screams that rained down around her. The noises echoed like firecrackers in the night but she was numb to it. She was numb to a lot since her ... accident.

She barely could distinguish, nor even care about the desperate cries of the prison guard on the other end of the door holding her cell as she heard him yell “fuck fuck fuck fuck...” before a single gunshot silenced him for good.

The downed security guard had been trying in vain to stop Roxie from reaching the very door she had so easily reached, and with surprisingly low casualties. After all, ending peoples lives with a single gunshot almost seemed too simplistic to the oddly nuanced young criminal. She loved to kill, but there was something more satisfying in a long term approach, which brought her now towards her target ... the woman in the cage.

“..what do you want?” the forlorn young woman groaned, already recognizing the voice as it haunted her in her nightmares since their last encounter.

This was no ordinary woman and no ordinary prisoner for that matter. While most of the prisoners shared cells or were crammed into cells about the size of small closets, this woman could be contained in one no bigger than a hamster cage, which is where she lived out herhumiliating sentence after being arrested one fateful night, caught up with the wrong crowd and reduced to the size of a small toy by the wretched woman she knew as ShrinkGirl ...

“Come on now, Rush...” Roxie smirked, looking down at her shrunken accomplice, “that’s no way to say hello to your old friend...”

“We’re not friends...” the young woman, who now went by Rush (or Sugar) responded.

“Suit yourself...” Roxie shrugged, swaying her hips as she sauntered around the tightly guarded prison cage which was surrounded by a small but potent laser grid, should the tiny prisoner ever regain the ambition or desire to escape. “I was just coming by to say hello and... oh I don’t know...give you a shot at vengeance but ... hey...”

“What... did you say?” Rachel asked, her tired pale face looking up at Roxie.

Since Sugar met her fate, an accidental one at the hands of Alexis Cole she no longer appeared the same. Her face (and entire body for that matter) had been permanently altered by prolonged exposure to food additives while shrunk to tiny size. Her pale white flesh made her appear almost candy like in a sick twist of fate befitting her self given namesake, Sugar Rush.

“Oh y’know ... little vengeance ... little ... revenge...” Roxie chuckled, an almost content tone in her voice as if she were describing a pleasant stroll on the beach while she leaned in, the woman’s busty body dwarfing the small cage as the reckless blonde paid no mind to the lasers. “..maybe some shopping and sushi afterwards... kick off the ol boots and watch some Desperate Housewives...?”

“Fuck you ...” Rachel sighed, turning away as she was intent on resuming her moping ways.

“Awwww cmon...” Roxie said, a slight hint of sorrow in her voice even as she jeered down at her tiny accomplice, “...I know I wasn’t the perfect friend but wasn’t I better than living in a hamster cage?”

“It’s not a hamster cage!!” Rachel squeaked and snapped, feeling insulted yet again. “It’s a prison cell and you put me in here!”

“I... did no such thing” Roxie said in a matter of fact tone, shaking her head at the accusations. “I... could have been more helpful admittedly...”

“You left me to get arrested! You left me to die!!” Rachel shrieked, her words perhaps being more scathing if not for her diminutive size in the face of the comparatively gargantuan woman.

Roxie offered no verbal defense and simply slid her shoulders a bit and looked down, before reaching into her pocket.

“Well... I suppose ... if your mind is made up...” Roxie responded with a half grin on her face,showing only a fragment of something metallic in her hand.

“Wh-What ... what is that??” Rachel asked curiously.

“Oh... just your old shit... battlesuit and all...” Roxie grinned, holding it out as if making a peace offering, “now whattaya say we go make a certain Shrinkpunk’s life a living hell? Huh? Wouldn’t that be nice...?”

Rachel looked at Roxie with a strong trepidation but could only exhale, realizing her options were limited.

"I'm in”

___________________


While the tragically misguided Rachel Rutschmann was being broken out of one kind of prison,the resilient but bubbly Alexis Cole found herself plunged into another kind of prison altogether as a wicked wind blew through her burnt sepia colored hair, eyes squinting to see anything in the growing vortex of gusts and sand which seemed to swirl around her.

“Hello...?!” Lexi yelled, voice fading uselessly into the ether, “Uh ... anybody here?”

Lexi found the entire scenario beyond bizarre but then again that had become the order of the day since an incident at the much maligned Enormo Enterprises in downtown Miniborough set her life on a whole different course.

Shaking her head, Lexi held her clammy hands stubbornly against her own arms as a whipping frigid wind snapped and crackled at her feet and she watched in pure shock as the sandy ground below her morphed into a thick and fluffy froth of pinks and magentas resolving the unmistakable hue of an ... ice cream cone?

“Lexi?” she heard a voice beckon to her from through the noise. It sounded like her friend, Mara,the 5'6 green eyed red haired woman who at one time was Lexi’s coworker at a small college based eatery known as the Krazy Kookie.

“Mara?” Lexi yelped, a brief break in the noise making her voice suddenly audible to the looming red head who came into view through the blizzard like clouds above as they dissipated giving more coherence to Lexi’s current situation.

The stunned brunette found herself atop an impossibly large but somehow nearly perfect sphere of strawberry ice cream as it rested, perched atop a large Statue of Liberty-esque ice cream cone. Lexi was about to shout out again to her lovely friend with the sweet tooth before she felt her legs sliding a bit, as if being absorbed by the quicksand that was the ice cream surface below her.

“H-Hey!! Ack!! C’mon!” Lexi groaned, her body falling victim to the downward gravity of the viscous lactose as it pulled her down, although not enough to entirely submerge her.

“Oh Lexi...” the now aware Mara sputtered out, finally spotting her friends body on her scoop of ice cream as if finding a wayward sprinkle, “I knew you were sweet but this is a bit too much, no?”

Mara’s infectious but overbearing laughter filled Lexi’s ears as the curious elf girl (oh right, she was also part elf, was that not previously mentioned?) slid her powerful pink tongue along the surface, scraping a good amount of the geography and suctioning it into her mouth. Lexi let out a bit of a weak grin, finding the display a bit cute but perhaps not so much given her own frosty predicament.

“Mara?” Lexi chuckled nervously, not wanting her friend to lose sight of where she was on the ice creams circumference, “Um... I think that it’s great you've found a tasty ice cream but uh... remember, we’re friends... you know? Friends... don’t eat friends...”

As chaotic as things had been to that point for Lexi as she tried to keep her patented positive attitude up at full strength, she’d feel her heart sink just as her world shifted ; an unmistakable result of the giantess Mara tilting the ice cream cone to her gargantuan lips for a more up close and personal chomp.

“Maraaaaa!!” Lexi screamed, the elf girl’s teeth growing more and more prominent, as too did an unusual odor, “MARA!! Geez!! Heh... your breath kind of stinks, girl...”

Lexi then paused. This wasn’t Mara.

“Girl?”

Lexi groaned, her head feeling like she had been hit by a freight train as reality dawned on her in a very unusual way, although surprisingly this also was becoming a more common occurrence of late. The strange and twisted size based dreams...

“Seriously...” Lexi groaned, her hand reaching up and brushing against a bristly surface resembling a thick wall of fur, “what the hell are we feeding you, Tiny?”

Lexi in this case was referring to her ironically named orange tabby cat “Tiny” who was currently sniffing over her usually much bigger owner’s shrunken body as it lay within the sheets of her bed. Those sheets lay twirled and tangled up like the savage wasteland Lexi had dreamt herself to be.

“Okay okay!!” Lexi squeaked, beginning to shift her tone from panicked to a bit more irritated as she groaned and rolled onto her side, only to be further prodded by her cat. “Come on Tiny... I said enough!!”

As Lexi lay there, rolling a bit and giggling involuntarily as a result of the cat’s tickling whiskers she’d observe a hanging shadow as it encroached on the threshold of her bedroom’s doorframe.

“Lexi, sweetie?” a familiar female voice rang out through the room, as Lexi herself emerged from the sheets, laying sideways and shrieking as she tumbled out of the bed as the result of her sudden growth back to normal size, “..ugh there you are ... come on, stop goofing around with the cat, we’ve gotta get going”

“G..Going?” a confused Lexi sighed, petting Tiny gingerly as she sat herself up by leaning against the side of her mattress while she remained slumped down on the bedroom floor.

“Yes... remember your dad got today off to help you move your stuff into your dorm room?” Lexi’s mom sighed, finding herself equal parts confused and concerned for her daughter who hadn’t seemed quite right of late.

“Oh... oh yeah...” Lexi nodded, rubbing her head.

“You sure you’re okay?” Lexi’s mom asked, “It’s not like you to oversleep but lately you’ve spent a lot of time in bed ... you sure you’re not coming down with something?”

“’m fine, mom” Lexi chimed in, cheering up as she lifted herself up, wearing a white tank top, gray pajama shorts and socks, although still appearing a bit disheveled as she hobbled over to the closet, “I’ll be down in a bit to meet Dad ... what time is it anyway?”

“It’s almost 2...” Lexi’s mom said, sounding discouraged

“2 o'clock?” Lexi gasped, “like in the afternoon?”

Lexi’s mom could only nod as Tiny made his way out of the room, looking as if he had had enough as well.

“Oh shit... sorry uh... shoot...” Lexi sighed, “..why didn’t anyone come get me earlier?”

“We figured you could use the rest...” Lexi’s mom responded, leaning on the doorframe as another voice was heard behind her momentarily, “yeah hon, she’s awake...”

Lexi’s dad now Joined her mom at the door frame, holding an envelope up at angle as Lexi gave him an odd look. The envelope was addressed to Alexis Cole herself from the University of Miniborough.

“Incoming!” Lexi’s dad proclaimed, tossing the envelope in like a boomerang, Lexi snagging it in her right hand.

“Thanks Dad!” Lexi replied cheerfully as she perused her closet casually for clothes for the day while also using a free hand to begin shredding the upper half of the envelope.

Lexi’s parents were just about to retreat and give their daughter some privacy before the once bubbly brunette let out a defeated sigh.

“Lexi?” her dad asked, “..is everything okay?”

“Well...” Lexi replied with a huff, blowing a tuft of her from her hazy eyes, “looks like you won’t have to take me to campus today ...”

__________________________________


“That'll be $7.85 sir...” the friendly cashier at the Shrink Shack said from behind a wooden counter with red and blue trim as she handed a man in a white lab coat a bag from the restaurant containing a to-go order for a burger and fries with a drink.

“Thank you, Miss” the man responded, handing her exact change before slipping a tip in the tip cup and turning to exit the restaurant.

The “Shrink Shack” (formerly known as the Snack Shack) had always been a popular little spot for locals and tourists alike to enjoy a burger or shake in the Minitropolis area but recently its popularity exploded with its sponsorship of heroic youth ShrinkGirl taking the small area by storm.

As a result nearly the entire menu had been given clever names related to the city’s small heroine, such as the ShrinkBurger, Spritekin Cola or Freedom Fries ... wait... that last one had already existed...

Perhaps then it was even more perplexing that the man who made the to-go order was heading to work at the one place that found ShrinkGirl the most repugnant.... none other than the looming scientific factory all residents knew as Enormo Enterprises.

In would walk the veteran doctor by the name of Joseph Wright, an unusual smile on his face as something so simple as a brief lunch break brought him joy, especially when the staff at the “Shrink Shack” were on their game as had been the case on this afternoon.

Unable to contain his wait any longer, the Doctor had already begun munching on his burger, half unwrapping it in his hand as he walked past an office he was all too familiar with ... the office of scientific engineer and self proclaimed CEO Dr. Maxmillian E Mumford.

Most employees were all too familiar with the workings of mad genius Maximillian and this is why they almost all methodically avoided any route that would take them past said office for fear of being caught up in his latest never ending rant or worse, incurring his wrath if an experiment hadn’t gone according to plan.

Lately though, the mad doctor had been a bit more quiet than usual, which had some people relieved while others worried even further. Just what was the Doctor planning?

The curiosity was almost as strong as Dr. Wright’s hunger as he peeked into the office to just have a quick peek. To his surprise, the Doctor was inside the office but he didn’t appear his usual angry self, he almost had a semblance of a smile on his face as he grinned emphatically at the
sight of a large machine as it rose up over him.

Dr. Wright should have known better but he decided to investigate further, if for no other reason than he thought it unusual that the Doctor was working alone on what appeared to be such a massive project.

Maximillian didn’t usually take so well to unannounced and sudden visits from anyone, so Dr. Wright was pushing his luck a bit by shimmying up so close to his boss during his project. Even still, the Doctor didn’t seem too perturbed until he saw the bag in Dr. Wright’s hand.

“This?!” Dr. Max shrieked, snatching the bag almost instantly and holding it up as the fries shook and tumbled inside, “What is this that you are bringing here?! The SHRINK... SHACK?!”

“Um... y-yes sir..” Dr. Wright sighed, now regretting his decision to check on the Doctor, “would you uh.... like some of my ShrinkFries?”

“No! I would NOT be liking some of the... ARRRRRGH!!” Maximillian shouted, voice echoing off the walls as he threw the bag with disdain to the ground, fries spilling out everywhere, “Has this entire town gone insane?! We should putting this ShrinkGirl into the jail, not making FRENCH FRIES IN HER HONOR!! What in the actual hell is this indignation?!”

“I'm ... I'm sorry sir..” Dr. Wright sighed, his usual anxiety returning in a hurry as he rushed toscoop his filthy fries from the otherwise clean and glossy tiled floors. As he did so, he found himself being handed a fry by a metallic claw, “..oh, thank you ... what the hell?!”

“Oh please...” Dr. Max sighed, making no effort to help his associate out with the mess that he made and rather continuing to rant as a couple of Max’s faithful robotic minions, known as the Maximites went to work acting as vacuums, brooms and dustpans to clear the area of potato encrusted debris. “You know that even a genius such as myself couldn’t finish all this work alone ... or perhaps you have not noticed that I haven’t been as active on the floor making sure that everything is up to code...??”

“Oh no, sir..” Joseph stammered, never too comfortable with the Maximites, resembling mangy mutts as they walked unnaturally on 2 jagged legs with fierce mouths resembling metallic beaks.“I...uh...we.... yes, we’ve noticed...”

“I assure you ...” Dr. Max said, “it’s not because I’ve suddenly developed any shred of trust or confidence in any of you because I can say with certainty that is definitely not the case...”

“Oh uh... that’s uh... that’s good, I guess...” Joseph sighed, wondering when his own indignation would end.

“Well anyway ... you likely have no interest in this grand plan I’m working on... so...” Dr. Max stammered, about to send his underling away before realizing he wanted just a moment to gloat, “..no, you know what? Maybe you should be filled in... come... take a look at this...”

Dr. Wright did as he was told, taking a beleaguered step closer to the large machine on display where sparking wires and ominous creaking sounds made it none too approachable. Before he could get too close though, Dr. Max emerged from behind a desk holding a shiny purple medal.

While not an expert on such things, it didn’t take Dr. Wright long to surmise the significance of the medal as it bore an extremely bright, if not tacky, gold SG emblem on its surface. The Doctor’s eyes rose with astonishment.

“How did you ... get that?” Dr. Joseph Wright asked in pure bewilderment.

“That is not important” Dr. Max replied, his hands swirling over the warm surface of the medal as it still sizzled as if having been supercharged, “THIS is just one instrument in my foolproof plan to..."

“Uh... you know what?” Joseph sighed uncomfortably, taking a step back as he clutched his tattered Shrink Shack bag, “Maybe I shouldn’t know about this ... for uh... legal reasons”

“Suit yourself...” Dr. Max replied in a strangely sing-songing tone as he returned the SG medal into the slot on the machine from whence it came, “but hopefully you did NOT forget what today is...”

“Um... August 2nd?”

“Nein! ...I mean yes but also ... it is the date of the grand opening of our OTHER project in town...” Maximillian proclaimed, throwing a newspaper in the doctors face. Dr. Wright took the newspaper and briefly skimmed it with his eyes.

“Pack of puppies save a duckling from Central Pond...” Dr. Wright read out loud, a bit confused

“The other side! Read the other side...” Dr. Max sighed with frustration.

“City hall takes a pause as debates on the next school budget grow tense...”

“Down here... ugh....” Dr. Max groaned in disgust, “...too many of the Shrink Burgers have turned your mind to mush!”

“Oh... uh... new cookie place opens on school campus... August 2nd...” Dr. Wright shrugged, putting the paper down, before nodding as he remembered the labs loose affiliation with the operation, “Oh... that was today? Well I mean... I could swing by after work and pick up some snickerdoodles or something...”

“Is food all you think about?!” Dr. Max shrieked

“Well no... but you said ...”

“The Cookie Place is a FRONT!!” Dr. Max sighed, “..does ANYBODY read my NEWSLETTERS?!”

“Ummm well... uh... you know...” Dr. Wright stammered, attempting desperately to change the subject, “You know ... now that you mention it... my son was talking about applying for a job there...”

“Nobody cares about your son, Dr. Wright...” Max sighed, before realizing his own faux pas in his phrasing, “Oh uh... you know what I meant... sorry ... been a bit overworked in the laboratory you see...”

Dr. Wright just sighed and walked out of the room in disgust, walking past a tall young lady who had just started working there over the summer. Her nametag read “Gloria Graff” and she had long wavy brown hair with an olive complexion.

“Is ... Dr. Max alright?” she asked, “I heard some shouting coming from down here...”

“He’s in one of his moods again ... what else is new...?” Dr. Wright grumbled as he continued his schlepping back to his own office.