- Text Size +

Chapter 1
Bad Dreams

 

Everything was dark.

 

It was hot.

 

The air smelled of old garlic and sick.

 

Little Timmy ran through the dark cavern. He couldn't even see where he was going. A deep demonic gurgling sound chased after him.

 

Guuuuurggggg

 

It was like a giant frog was coming to get him.

 

Tim's heart was trying to burst from his chest.

 

Guuurggggglllleeee

 

Every gurgling croak brought fresh, hot gusts that stunk of vomit.

 

He felt sticky. His legs were like lead. Every step brought a gungy splatter as they gradually sunk deeper into the marshy floor. It was like someone had stuffed a swamp into a dark and scary cave.

 

Bluuuurggggg

 

The world of darkness shook, and Tim fell forward. His hands and knees splashed into the thick, mushy floor. He could feel himself sinking. He tried to pull back, but his limbs wouldn't budge and only continued to sink. The squishy, wet stuff made him shiver and pulled sick into the back of his throat.

 

This was so gross.

 

He sank deeper and deeper.

 

His arms, his legs, his butt, his tummy and even his chest were soon consumed by the chunky quicksand.

 

It was getting hotter. He was slimy with sweat like a little fish. A fish about to be eaten by a giant frog.

 

His heart screamed, making his chest hurt.

 

Tim's neck began to sink, the gunky ground slurping him up like a noodle.

 

"Daddy! Help!" Tim screamed, and the foul-smelling gunk poured into his mouth. It was thick, like mucky puddle water, but tasted way worse. His tummy lurched, trying to make himself sick as the stuff slid down his throat, the sick being pushed back down by the heavier liquid.

 

Tim's nose began to burn as he sunk deeper.

 

Alone in the dark.

 

Tim vanished into the gunky, foul-smelling quicksand.

 

Chapter 2

A Waking Nightmare

 

"Aaaaaah!" Tim awoke with a scream.

 

He was drenched in sweat and wrapped up in his twisted blankets. But he was out of that scary cave.

 

Taking deep breaths. Tim could even still taste the rancid flavour of that thick liquid. Slowly calming, he began to kick and attempt to untangle his legs and blankets. If he could throw the covers off and just feel the cool air of his room, he'd feel much better.

 

His legs wouldn't move.

 

It was dark.

 

Tim felt the fear from the nightmare rapidly climbing back into his mind. He tried to turn and open his curtains, but he couldn't move. There was no light at all. 

 

Guuuurgle

 

The familiar croaking sound of the giant frog returned, bringing with it bitter and vile flavours of digested garlic foods and beer.

 

Tim suddenly felt very hot as the cloud of nauseous smells enveloped him.

 

What was happening!?

 

'Daddy! Help!' Tim tried to scream, but his mouth didn't move; it wouldn't even make muffled sounds. In fact, it was more like he was screaming in his head than trying to speak.

 

Tim was beyond terrified now.

 

It was dark. It was hot. It stunk. And he couldn't scream for his daddy's help.

 

Tim wanted to cry, but tears wouldn't come.

 

The world suddenly shifted, and Tim felt his body move on its own, but it wasn't…normal, like not how he normally moved. His arms and legs didn't move. It was like they were glued together, and his body just started to move from one side to another while his feet remained stuck to one spot.

 

Warm water sloshed around Tim as his body moved, crashing over him like oddly gunky waves. It made him think of a snake, the way his body slithered from side to side.

 

Something hard and sharp scratched his sides. It felt like his entire side was getting grazed, like when he fell over when playing outside…except wetter and hotter.

 

It was like a very wet oven.

 

The darkness was suddenly pierced by a blinding white light. The walls and floor around Tim began to vibrate. His ears popped as the air suddenly became hard, and everything, including him, stretched. A wordless moan rocketed through this weird space.

 

By the time Tim's eyes adjusted, the light was shrinking as the stretched walls relaxed, and the hot, moist floor and ceiling began to come back together. Just as before Tim was banished back into the darkness, he saw the outline of what looked like the inside of a pair of giant lips and semi-circles of teeth bigger than his tricycle.

 

The giant mouth shut, and the heat rapidly began to build again. Tim hadn't even noticed the cooling breeze before it was gone, and now it was getting super hot again.

 

AWRGWAWGGR

 

Tim tried to scrunch his eyes shut as the bestial growl filled the giant mouth and made his bumpy skink vibrate.

 

'Bumpy?...'

 

Tim's thoughts were immediately disrupted as his body moved on its own again. He suddenly arched his back further than he ever had before. He'd probably be looking at his feet if it wasn't so dark.

 

Tim tried to cry out in pain as his face was suddenly slammed into the roof of the giant's mouth. The rough ripples that lined it, pounding against his face and forcing it to shape to the ripples. Tim expected blood to trickle down his face, but not only was there no blood, but his face began to dry out. He felt something warm sliding down his chest and back, as though moisture that had been on his face before was now sliding down his body.

 

The pain had even faded incredibly fast.

 

Maybe he was a tiny superhero now and couldn't be hurt? Like Superman!? Just…very….very small Superman?

 

Mmmmphhhhhh

 

Booming, echoing grunts made Tim's ears ring. His head was pounded with the reverberations. No…his whole body did! It was like he was a lightning conductor for the giant sounds.

 

Hmmnnphhh

 

The grunts continued for minutes that felt like hours. Tim wanted to cry and wail, but he couldn't do anything. He was just stuck, listening to giant groans and moans. He mentally begged and wept, pleading for it to stop. For his dad to come and save him from the nasty giant.

 

But nothing happened. No one came. No sound would leave him. He couldn't even move his body out of the unnatural position.

 

Suddenly, the moans stopped, and Tim slammed into the floor. Thick liquid splashed over him before filtering down the back of the giant's throat, being swallowed down with a giant gurgle. Tim felt his skin shudder as he realised it was the giant's spit.

 

'Ewww…' Tim wanted nothing more than to get out of this giant's mouth, but even when it did open its mouth, he couldn't move towards the opening. It was like the giant had absorbed him and glued him to the inside of its mouth.

 

Was it like in the comics? Was he supposed to break the chains and escape the giant's mouth, and then fight it? Beat it and save the day?

 

Tim pulled with all his might. But again, as before, his body wouldn't move an inch.

 

What was happening?