- Text Size +

Yes! Finally! We graduated from high school! After an exhausting day of talking to friends and family, taking diplomas and random other town traditions that grass would do. I was finally able to take off my gown and find my best friend. I has barely seen her through the ceremony as we were seated on opposite ends but we gave little waves to each other before we went on stage, but now we can finally catch up. My family drives by and asks if I want a ride while I’m sitting in front of the school, playing on my phone. I tell them I’m going to walk home, they drive off and I continue waiting. 15 minutes go by as I see the most adorable girl running up to me in her gym shorts and pac man hoodie. I barely get up to meet her as she squeals and slams into me. She wraps her arms around me in a death grip as she’s practically shaking. 


“I can’t believe we finally did it! Eeeee!” She continues screaming right into my ear as she keeps squeezing me, I pull my head away from the shrill noise as she laughs, finally letting go.


“Yea! A summer break that finally never ends” I respond. 


“Just wait until you get stuck in a dead-end hell job. Aagh adulting is gonna be so great!” She yells, completely consumed by her excitement as other people look over with a generally positive tone, it was a day of celebration after all.


She picks up both our bags and turns her head, shoving it into my shoulder and pushing me towards our neighborhood. I laugh and start walking as she stumbles from the lack of head rest. She yells some hey at me as she fails to attempt holding back laughter as well. Catching up to me, we make our way back. I try to walk as slow as I can to savor this moment.


As we reminisce about everything that had happened through school, arguing about how we became friends and everything else under the sun. I smiled at my longtime friend, considering how amazing she was. 


Jessica, this excitable little firecracker of a person had decided to be friends with me. I’m really not sure how I did it. She was a bit shorter than me, brunette hair partially covering her adorable yet beautiful face. I hadn’t realized til now that she only had a few freckles remaining from the vast amount she had as a kid. Her smaller frame usually covered by dorky oversized hoodies or shirts. When we were young I introduced her to a ton of my favorite games and she became obsessed. She always said she wanted to dress more trendy but I knew she didn’t have the attention span to put any coherent outfit together without being overwhelmed. It was pretty adorable… fuck… I think I might like Jess (Would be chapter 2)

We kept walking towards our house, laughing together as she rants about some weird kids she had in her class. I think she started to noticed that I kept getting lost in her smile, in her laugh, in her smile. Fuck…