- Text Size +

Olympian Footwear


Shrunken Man, Crush


We open to a man running. By the frantic look on his face and the constant look over his shoulder, he is not out for a morning jog.

In fact, he happens to be running in the strangest of places, a giant shoe store.

He dodges a black and white converse the size of a school bus and veers to the left to narrowly avoid a brown leather flat.

Despite his close encounter with these unaware fatal footwear, the his attention is focused on one set of footwear in particular.
We pan behind the unfortunate running man to the shiny black pumps following just seconds behind him.

The pumps slam down with exaggerated stomps as the tag on the shoe flops down with every step.

We then raise up to a giant's eye view as we see the woman dressed in her smart black business suit, her stomping and gleeful laughter betraying her otherwise professional appearance.

The other shoppers stand clear of the woman and her prey as most are either going about their own business, or they don't want to get in the way of a fellow giant's hunt.

In a stroke of terribly bad luck, the man finds himself trapped in the corner of the store.

The woman slowly looms over him with an excitedly evil grin, like a thunder cloud of dread sent from Mt. Olympus to smite the tiny man.

She raises her foot, encased in the shiny black pump, and slowly drags it down the corner of the wall with a terrible squeak.

The woman looks down, shocked and disappointed as the man, shaking with fear, has positioned himself in the corner in such a way that the shoe cannot reach him.

She tries again but in a kicking motion but once again the toe is too chunky to achieve this small goal.

Her pouts of frustration beckon forth an employee, a young woman with glasses and the mousy brown hair.

"Do you need any help, ma'am?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, do you have anything... pointier?" She gestures down at the man in the corner, pleading up at the two goddesses.

The employee cranes her neck to glance at the tiny intruder and thinks for a quick moment. It is unclear if she will help the woman eliminate her prey, or if she will be this man's salvation.

"I think I have just the thing," she responds cheerfully to the woman, and quickly walks off.

The woman lifts the pump once more to warn against any escape attempts, when the employee returns promptly, holding a pair of white leather pointed-toe heels.

The employee holds them up by the straps triumphantly and the woman takes them and puts them on.

The woman repeats her earlier move of sliding her foot down the corner of the wall; this time, the squeak of leather accompanied by the last cries of the man and silenced by a quick crunch.

The woman smiles and twists her foot back and forth and revels in the victory.

Satisfied, she exclaims, "I'll take them! Do they come in red?"

The employee looks down at the floor and grimaces but her lips slowly curl into a grin and she jests, "They do now."

The scene fades out to reveal the Olympian Footwear logo as a faint intercom announcement can be heard: "Cleanup on aisle 4."

"Save BIG at Olympian Footwear, crushing the competition since 1991."