- Text Size +
Story Notes:


Author's Chapter Notes:

As i said in the summary this is just a short story, normally not my thing but i looked for a story that had these elements of danger all simply around a speck hanging onto a necklace and the dangers of it all and couldn't really find one. So i wanted to write it and write it as something special. No real big themes or anything like that, just somone comfronted with a world they don't know and trying to survive it all

Put a lot of effort into this even though short. Feedback is always most welcome as are critiques and compliments. Thank you

I had awoken in a strange dark place, I couldn't really place where I was. I had settled in for a night at home and then trotted off to bed. I had been exhausted and wanted an early night, it wasn't like me as I was a bit of a night owl but after a week of work and barely able to keep my eyes open collapsing at around 7pm or 8pm. Now back awake my bed or any of my regular surroundings wasn't present, I was naked and cold standing in the darkness trying to figure things out. Squinting I could make out some of my directions, where I stood seemed stretch out for a bit but then the darkness prevented me from seeing more. I could feel a cold firmness underneath my feet, I bent down to inspect the ground under my feet. It had felt off when I got up, my body indicating quickly that this hard rock I woken up on was foreign. Having that closer look I couldn't tell from the dark but I swore I could see my own reflection, my mind probably going wild imaging things in the dark.


What strange dream was this? I wasn't convinced it was real and that I must be asleep at home still. Yet the sensation of touch felt very real. Not convinced completely I decided to walk around a bit, testing myself to see if this was my mind or not. As I walked I felt my naked skin slightly stick with each footstep, a feeling I was sure I could not depict with realistic certainty. I also felt over time the gradual feeling of going down hill, I had thought it was a straight and endless path but that didn't feel like the case any more. I had thought there was an end to this long road I was on, yet the dark seemed to stretch on beyond that. It still felt surreal enough to be a dream, yet I doubted my minds ability to construct such sensations and feelings so accurately.


I pondered on the dream thought for a bit longer, if this was a dream I was aware of it. I had dreamt lucidly before on rare occasions and now realising this I tried thinking of other things... but nothing, I couldn't change anything. I couldn't make the dark vanish, if this was a dream it was one I was trapped in unable to change.


I felt like I had walked for a while, but soon the drop became a lot deeper for me to navigate so I stopped. I rested feeling exhausted more so now than when I had gone to bed. This felt real.


Sitting down to catch my breath I paid more attention to the ground I sat on, I noticed a slight vibrations in the surface. I lay to one side trying to listen or feel for some more... I could feel it or something. My instincts told me something distant creating these vibrations.


'Had I not noticed it before?' No I told myself, I would have surely felt it under my feet, this was new. The vibrations they appeared to be growing stronger, more powerful. I could feel the tremors pick up. Soon it felt like not just where I sat but the whole world was shaking. I could hear now powerful clicks, I couldn't quite describe the sound but it became like roaring thunder with each click getting closer and closer. The noise no longer distant sounded right on top of me and when I thought I couldn't handle it getting any closer, it stopped.


Outside a different kind of click was heard, like a lock coming undone. Yet so loud and close. I knew the noise but it sounded so different, hard to put into words. There was no chance to even process or ponder the sounds as I was suddenly blinded by light. I instinctively raised my hands to shield my eyes from the sudden light, having been in the dark so long. Slowly my eyes adjusted and lowering my arms I could finally look around. Beige walls stretched up in every direction, I didn't understand. I looked down at where I had been sitting the whole time, I was on some sort of gem reflective and pretty I could see myself properly now in it's reflection. My eyes scanned down the slope I was sitting near, further down a gold ring, then the ring had a arch splitting off the top of it. Through that arch I could see a large chain of gold that went way out into the distance reaching to the far beige wall then coming back and looping through the arch again. Finally what seemed to be at the bottom of this enclosure was just wood, but never had I seen such a large plain of it... My brain was having a hard time processing these findings. I was putting two and two together slowly and it wasn't making any logical sense. Something moved out the corner of my eye, my eyes naturally drawn to whatever it was.


One of the beige walls I had only just discovered now had something hanging over it. I only could study it for a moment before the world violently moved, a deafening scratching noise could be heard from far under me as I had to hold on with all my might to not fall forward onto the gold ring. Scared and piecing it all together I looked again to the spot on the wall. There I saw it, someone's digit and thumb or a finger hung over the wall. It was only a glance at something so far away but I was sure it was a thumb. I was fixated on it, it was so far away and yet so incredibly large. While I hadn't been so sure the nail protruding from it all but confirmed in my mind what it was.


Now I took in all my surroundings, now I looked up and what I was met with was not the sky I expected but the face of dearest friend. She hung over my space, the beige box I had been in still seemed to large yet she seemed even larger. In denial this had to be a dream I told myself... but I could see her, tiny little details I knew my head could not imagine. Her soft plump lips met her little nose, her big blue eyes that always stood out to me stood out even more, pupils large. Then the little things, the eyelashes, the make up I could see covering her face, the tiny hidden little wrinkles in her forehead that I normally would never notice in the early thirty year old woman I could just see. Even the slight bags under her eyes seemed so detailed to me. I was taking in more of her than I normally would simply because I was looking at so much more of her. I had always viewed her as pretty but of course nothing more, our friendship far more solid than anything else would ever be. Yet now my 5'1 bestie was the whole world above me, I didn't even notice until now her blonde hair drooping over as she apparently leant over. She dwarfed the domain I found myself stuck in, which was equally as impressive as my spot was still larger than anything I could previously comprehend, her face alone was just even more beyond that in scale


I had to shake myself out of my terrified and curious trance that I had found myself in. Like a maniac I started jumping about waving and yelling, calling out her name. Hey eyes zoned in towards me, blue eyes locked on my position. As I looked at her face and those big blue eyes I didn't feel saved. She did on occasion need glasses but her eye sight wasn't that bad, however she was looking right at me. But it felt like she was looking beyond me, yet through me. These was no change in her face or emotions which was just a resting face, her eyes shifted away continuing to scan past the walls of my spot. Her head tilting ever so slightly to aid in her search as all the attention went away. She had looked right at me, but she hadn't been looking for me and more importantly she hadn't seen me.


“Let's try this one” Her voice suddenly boomed down at me, bouncing off the walls that surrounded me it was already loud enough. While I had on instinct cowered and looked away I saw when she had spoke, it provided a small glimpse into another world...


Her thumb which I had forgotten about jumped up from it's position, now gazing up again I watched as the rest of her hand joined the picture I was seeing. It moved across and over me, briefly eclipsing light on my position. Like I had seen with her face that had since retracted for the moment, I could make out every little line with great detail. Light shone down on me once again as her hand seemed to close in or something in the distance. Even though I had seen in great detail her hand, it had moved so fast as well. I saw it for a moment and then it was gone. Remarkable how enormous it was and yet the speed it could move at. I could hear it touch down nearby, it rocked my spot as I could hear the different louder sounds of fingernails dragging across wood, that would be such a minor sound to her. My curiosity peaked and I watched as her hand left with something within it's grasp. I could still hear scraping not far behind it before the object was fully pulled from it's location. I spotted the dangling chain one of gold for just a moment before suddenly with a slam I was in darkness again


I stupidly felt as if I should have pieced it together sooner, my brain was so drawn to the spectacle happening in front of me now back alone in the dark with nothing but solitude to reflect in I realised where I was. I sat atop one of her many necklaces, alone in this section I understood now I was in a jewellery box, or some sort of box that housed and divided necklaces. I was sitting in storage with one of them right now. Now the world I was in made sense but it didn't make it any less intimidating to be a part of. It was such a minor section I imagined being in, but to me it was so huge. The whole time I had been in the dark I had been on item she just stored away for safe keeping. I presumed with the dragging and her thumb I sat near the end of one side. She had come and simply picked out one to wear. Was it still early? Was she heading out somewhere? I did recall the make up covering her face. Either way a lump had formed in my throat as I realised I was trapped in here, and she was unaware of my existence. Now I felt scared and alone, although one of those feelings would not last


I hadn't been paying attention to the outside world as she softly spoke in the distance, but my attention quickly turned back to it as the earthquake like shaking of my surrounds picked up again. This time the lid didn't pop back open, although she hadn't locked it back up, instead the whole world shot up, forcing me against the gem I had sat on this whole time. It was in this moment that I remembered I was on one of her necklaces, I had been so focused on the confines of the box and her I had forgotten where I stood. Once the box came to a crashing halt, the lid lifted open again. I could hear the other jewellery sliding around stop. It didn't take my eyes to long to adjust this time as I could see her face peering down again but this time obstructed by something in the way, her face was a lot further away. I could see blackness and gold stars trailing all the way up? I was confused only for a little while before I recalled a dress she had worn prior, the stars a give-away. The box must have been in her lap, my eyes followed her all the way up but when I realised it was her bosom that obstructed my view of her face.


My polite nature kicked in, I turned my gaze back down. Refusing to look up, although now with the light the reflection in the gem did not help with looking down either. Pretty though she was, she was my closest friend. It would always feel wrong sort of to stare for to long, but more so now as she didn't even know I was here. There was a difference between admiring and gawking and this unflattering perspective made me feel like I was gawking even if I knew I wasn't.


The world shot up again once more, now I would be forced to look up as the world rushed past. Thankfully past her chest I could look at her direct in the face again, which was now really really close as she held the box right up to her face. She had dumped the other necklace back in it's place or somewhere as I heard it clang from being unceremoniously dumped. Her eyes looked with purpose, with a mission. Feeling that she was closer than the last time I again made an effort to move and yell. Her eyes stopped and rested on me, this time she smiled. For a fleeting moment my heart skipped a beat as she looked right at me. But again as I watched her smile that was ever so brief fade I realised again she had looked right through me.


“This one” She spoke softly to herself yet still enough to deafen me. Her hand appeared over once again, except this time it descended down on my location. I watched as her pointer finger came down in a hooking motion dragging the fingernail along the wood and then under the end of the golden chain. Effortlessly it hoisted the chain over the end of her finger pad and which then curled back up over it to secure it. Her other fingers and thumb came in for support for something I was certain I could never lift. I watched in horror as the finger with chain within it's grasp slowly took off again, my eyes watched the chain links that followed go up as well, shocked to see it getting closer and closer to my position. I knew now I would be going up as well and I hugged the wall of gem I was on as moving chain met the arch. The violent scratching and dragging was murder to my ears before being pulled up. Everything was quiet for a moment as I took off, first it was a forward thrust and then suddenly up in the air. I clung to where I was desperately and closed my eyes.


It seemed to come to a brief stop and I turned my head I was met with the bridge of her nose along with her piercing blue eyes going cross eyed in their focus. From here I could see from here the impressions from where she previously wore glasses. She for a moment seemed focused on me but again it wasn't me she was looking at. She lifted up the necklace further and I found myself going even higher than her head. She looked up getting a good glance at this angle unsure if she was satisfied or not. I couldn't help but glance into the sea of blonde hair. While so clean looking and organised, it still looked dense landscape to me. If I ever ended up in there I might truly never find my way out again. A terrifying thought. She made a noise of satisfaction that wasn't words and then lowered me slightly again. Now focused on not looking at her or down I looked up as her other hand came in and helped part the chain wider. With a quick swivel I was now facing her as I hugged the gem. Not that I could see past it, I knew what was coming as I rushed towards her unsighted but ever present form. It was a long already made necklace all she had to do was get it over her head. Not that I could see it as I was fully concentrating on holding on for dear life, she did it like everything else, with relative ease


The next part for me, I presumed was the most violent. The back of the gem or any normal person would call the end of the necklace smashed into her with great force and power. Once the chain was over her head she let it relax and the necklace go. It was so simple and carefree for her, yet for me so aggressive and powerful in it's force. Impact winded me as for a moment my grip came loose. Reacting fast I secured myself to the top of the gem again before I could fall. Then it thankfully it all came to a rest


What a whirlwind night this had been, in a matter of minutes I had somehow ended up on a necklace in the jewellery box of my beloved friend unknown to her, and now I was on her. In the real world she stood 5'1, certainly on the smaller side. Today she was everything to me. As even the necklace I found myself on, was much bigger than myself. She seemed for the moment pleased or satisfied as everything came to a stand still. It wouldn't last as she sprung forward. The momentum wasn't to bad as she walked asides from when each foot collided with the ground causing a shock throughout her body that she wouldn't notice but I however would. The gusts of wind that came with her fast momentum and being so high up where also unhelpful but thankfully not strong enough to harm me. The necklace didn't move around to much as she moved forward held in place against her skin and her forward movement, which meant I for the meantime was secure. The familiar clicking that had been ever present when she moved only became apparent to me now that it was her heels hitting the hard wood below, thousands of miles below.


The world that was her came to a rest once again as she stopped. I looked up for the first time, it wasn't anything I shouldn't have expected. The underside of her chin hung over me, once again demonstrating how out of sight I was to her, all I had was the underside of her jaw to look at with odd mole or two around her upper neck. Even those little dark spots seemed a lot bigger than me. Her head swivelled one way quickly and then back the other way. Even that had a flow on effect for me as her hair from one side raked along her chest before retreating and the other side doing the same, except the latter rested where it was. It fell over me like a massive blonde curtain. I hugged the gem again as her hair rested on me, turning the reflection golden as the light now had a gold tinge to it. I glanced over my shoulder and it was indeed a curtain, with no view out now. Each strand was different and unique, it was like a waterfall that didn't move as each strand though unique formed together in a united display. It baffled me that one strand started out thousands of meters away to reach me now and just beyond me. I for the briefest moment was tempted by the idea to reach out and grab hold a strand, but that was quickly shot down by my mind as stupid as I stayed frozen hugging the gem. The smell of her shampoo extremely strong throughout as her hair quietly lay over me for the moment, so strong was the scent that it gave me a headache that grew stronger with each inhale. Finally her fingers pulled the curtain back again allowing me to breath once more. I watched as with ease the ends of her hair where effortlessly flicked onto or over her shoulder. If I had jumped ship I could be hanging over her back right now, or safely on her shoulder. It would have been a risk, the outcome though very uncertain.


I had to get up more, I couldn't just hold the side of this jewel forever. I started to make some moves when I decided to look down for the first time. This was a mistake.


To me there where two floors far below me. One was so far down it was out of focus for my eyes to make out anything in great detail that stood at her feet. Not that I could see her feet as that was taken up by the more immediate floor that stretched out from under the necklace. A plain of flesh either side that protruded out, only stopped by the edge of her dress, which like a dam wall looked to try to contain the flesh from spilling beyond it's tight confines. My eyes looked around, off to both sides was more of her dress, strands either side but also draped over with a see through marital that matched the black starred colour scheme of the rest of her dress, and eventually met the darker fabric around the front. I felt ill knowing I now looked at what was the very top of her breasts, again my polite nature making me feel shame, deliberate or not I never intended to view her this way or this close. As my eyes scouted the landscape below with a feeling of shame and disgust than eventually where drawn to the middle. The two mounds met in the middle. Never had I seen cleavage from this perspective before, nor did I want too. Her well endowed breasts met, the sea of flesh was terrifyingly impressive in their own right, but where they met was an haunting abyss. To anyone at her height there would appear to be no gap, and really there wasn't... but there was enough of a crack where I could easily imagine me or even this whole necklace slipping below the surface.


I screamed out to her again, glancing back up there was no response from the wall that was the underside of her chin. Knowing my situation was in my own hands I continued climbing up keeping my eyes focused upward.


When I had been walking in the jewellery box before I had left myself close to the then downward rounded edge of the gem. Now it had become an upward slope as the positioning changed. That also meant I was closer to the rounded edge and could pull myself into an upward climb with more stability. Using all fours I met the golden ring coming to another stop between a small gap between it and the gem it housed. Finally I had a look back out able to turn around and look out at the world properly rather than constantly facing her. She meantime was facing a mirror, inspecting herself and her outfit she had selected. Looking at the mirror felt somewhat normal, I could see a reflection as if I was standing there, except my reflection was just hers. She must have been standing a good enough distance away as I could see all of her, head to toe. That also meant I couldn't see myself and now truly for the first time did I understand the perspective. It was just her I saw, my eyes moving along her body before finding the necklace sitting safely above her bosom. In real height i'd say a 3 to 5cm away from her breasts started parting, that was still a big distance for me. But my eyes focused on the necklace, that's all I could see. I simply could not see myself on it, and to the outside world even with a second or third glance would not see me either


One of her arms stretched out, her phone grasped within her what would normally be small and stubby fingers. I could see everything she was doing allowing me for a small moment from my viewpoint to feel almost like I was looking from her perspective. She snapped a picture of herself with her in the mirror. I did not know if she intended to put it up somewhere but if she did everyone would be oblivious to the fact she was taking a photo of two. She brought the phone closer and took a picture of herself, smiling as she did so, necklace just in frame with the top of her cleavage. It would be the same story if she put that one up too, even if it was closer. Happy stuffed that phone down the front of her dress, with the see through fabric creating a kind of hammock over the front over the denser stuff that held her breasts in place. I say in place but the flesh jiggled as phone made contact with the front of her. I shuddered at the sight. I wondered if in my wildest dreams I could make it to that location. But then what would I do? I probably couldn't power on the phone if I tried. I turned my attention back up.


Her. I needed her to save me. But to do that she needed to know I existed to start with. For her to save me I would need to save myself first.


It was becoming apparent while I was safely nestled here for the time being, she had a big night planned ahead of her. Whatever that entailed, I didn't want to be part of it. There where unknown risks coming into play as she started moving again. I needed her attention before things got worse, and for that I would have to step out of my comfort zone. I needed to go up to her, somehow make contact with her. When there finally was a still moment I began to climb the ring. She was darting around the house so quiet moments where few and far between, but eventually I passed the ring and to new ground the arch that housed the chain. I was At the bottom of the arch that was attached to the ring. Feeling accomplished for the first time tonight I could finally stand for a moment looking at the chain, how each link looped into each other. There was a considerable gap and I would have to scale the arch as well to make even the start of the chain, which in itself would have it's own troubles to navigate.


During this time something changed for a second. I was on the closest side to her skin when her skin started to drift away. It continued to get further and further as suddenly I could feel the chain was swinging freely. Looking down I noticed she was leaning over a key bowl, no doubt searching for a set of keys. Now for the first time since she had picked up the necklace I felt exposed out over open air. I glanced back forward at her for comfort hoping it wasn't that far away. Not only was it far away, the bottom of the necklace was now eye level with her cleavage, which had ever so slightly parted. My legs went wobbly as I looked into the dark void before finally breaking eye contact, It made me sick. Why did I have to end up in this situation, and worse it be with someone I cared a lot about. Looking up wasn't much help either but it was better than the tits of my friend. Looking up was just neck, chain and hair either side. What I now paid more attention to however was the strain I could hear as the chain creaked and it's metal moaned holding up the gem below me. She finished her search and then I realised I was caught of guard as she straightened up again, the flesh of her upper chest smashing into my small location like a solid wall. Having been standing I was dislodged and tumbled forward, her necklace bounced a moment before hitting me. I clung to it desperately now wedged against the gem again, but now I was being crushed under the weight of it as her skin was now behind me.


Why had this happened to me? Every little thing was an effort to survive. I had faced the challenges of it all afraid yes, but to the best of my ability. Even in danger I stuck by polite ways and just general morals, and now I felt I was being unknowingly punished for having averted my gaze, for doing the right thing.


While the skin of her upper chest was firm, it was soft for the weight of the gem to relax into. I could just feel her heartbeat pulsating underneath her skin. I hadn't noticed before with each step how the necklace ever so slightly moved, it didn't move out enough for me to fall but each tremor that reverberated throughout her body caused a slight bounce. The warmth from her skin was a bit soothing, but not enough to distract me from the situation I found myself in. Alarm bells where going off in my head. I couldn't crawl up and I was at risk of slowly being pulled down over time if I didn't hold on with everything I had. Even with my best efforts I was tired, with the weight of the gem slowly relaxing into me over and over again it left me short of breath. The gem suddenly shot forward again, unable to grasp the large surface as it rocketed away from me I was left to fall unabated.


I tumbled as the nightmare continued, in the short time I realised that she had lent over or was sitting down in her home. Wine glass was present. She was seriously having a predrink before going out? Whatever the case it was enough for her necklace to launch away from her. The wall that had been firmly flat I fell against, started to round and protrude out as I got further down. I could see the start, the very top of her cleavage gap before the wall that came out pressed back in again. I was on one side now, the very start of her breast forming outward when I saw strands of hair ahead of me right before things got deeper and the valley that awaited me. As I kept going I realised that not many hairs made enough contact with the ground for me to grab onto. I thankfully found one and clung onto it for dear life. It's end however did seem to dip into the abyss. I yelled out to her again tears formed in my eyes as I knew she couldn't hear me. Far above me she titled her head back and took a last swig of her wine. The hair I was on briefly along with the rest dragged up her bosom as she tilted her head high above me


“Time to go” she muttered to herself standing back up again she got to her feet. For me it all seemed okay at the start. The strand I was on moved out away from her slightly, but then once she started moving the momentum created wind that slammed the hair back against her breaking my grasp and dooming me to fall now right near the centre of her cleavage. Falling once again unable to hold on I smashed into the soft flesh. I screamed looking up as I fell, she ever still so oblivious. The chasm rose all around me. To the outside there was no gap, but at my size there was more than enough for me to fall into. I could not stop my decent, there was no other fate now for me. Flesh either side rose to swallow me whole. I found myself just stopped enough near the very top, looking up I could see the light from the outside as well as her chin and that necklace in the distance. I could see her hair come to rest again over the top, blocking out some of the light for me


“Help!” I pleaded to no avail. Holding onto one mound I tried to scale up, but the flesh proved to be unstable to create proper footholds in. While my view of the outside was boxed in by the flesh either side of me, I knew salvation was so close, yet so far. Already I was sweating, the air while still had some outside supply was somewhat stale. If I could just make it up far enough one of her hairs dipped in a little that I could maybe grab it. Eyes firmly focused on that, I saw her far above me. Her head shifted to look down, she was drawn in looking at her own breasts. Looking right down the centre I called out for help again and she looked right at me. Her finger entered the oppressive space near the top, dragging along and separating the walls of flesh as it did so. For a moment I allowed myself to imagine her view fishing me out from this pit of despair. She hadn't come for me. Her finger entwined with the canopy of hairs at the top, including the one furtherest down. She pulled them away, high above me with both hands she playfully patted all her hair behind her shoulders. She had lifted her head back as she did so to let her hair fall, she then shifted her gaze back forward. Unaware, cruel and uncaring She had dangled multiple carrots of salvation in front of me and then without knowing ruthlessly removed them right in front of me. She simply didn't care, why would anyone care for a speck they didn't even know existed. Out of frustration I cursed her and then myself.


Then came the footsteps


Each step, EVER single step had it's own impact where I was. The first one caused the breast I clung to, to shake violently, smashing me into the other one. Once the other footstep, the process repeated itself except now the other breast collided into me. All so quick and fast no one outside would even notice. With each collision, it started to pull me down. Step by agonising step. I was getting pounded from each side by tones of fat and mass, and it was getting more powerful the more I slipped down. As each breast smacked into each other, so did the gap widen a little and then close, creating a just audible clap over and over again.


Finally the last rays of light vanished as I continued my unavoidable decent downwards. No Small gap formed now deep within her cleavage, no layer of fat could separate far enough for it to come out and then smash into me. I was in place, held as each step shook my prison. Power and force could still be felt coming from both sides, pressure mounting on my form as far above her boobs simply jiggled as she walked. Each jiggle was tones of weight coming at me from all angles. I was so deep within her tits that all hope had vanished. There would be no help, no rescue and no one would know what had happened to me.


Air was essentially gone, nothing fresh got in. If I wasn't fighting to breath, I would have noticed the unbearable heat, the beating of her heart pounding my ears. Laughter and talking I could just make out coming from her although severely muffled through layers of flesh. If I did not die of suffocation, eventually the pressure of her breasts impacting would finally crush me, when enough force came from them. Even if I survived all that, a bead of sweat which was likely of forming could eve drown me


Starved of air, and unable the shed more tears I my vision began to weaken. Not that I could see anything in this hellish confined mess of mass. As I drifted off for what I knew would probably be my last time. I knew my fate, to me would be unknown. suffocation, the pressure crushing me or even drowned. I would not know as these where my last thoughts.


She would never know too