- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is another light-hearted chapter about the day after for Emily and Jane, with a hint of Maya in it. Hope you enjoy this one!

The alarm clock began to ring, and Emily started to wake up to the sound of it.

As she tried to roll over to the side of the bed with the alarm clock, she found that she was unable to move, and she felt a weight on her.

When she opened her eyes to see what it was, she saw that Maya was clinging to her like a koala to a tree, with her mouth open and drooling on her chest.

Sighing in exasperation, as this was something that always happened when Maya was sleeping with her, which was often, Emily began the arduous task of trying to free herself from Maya's clutches without waking her up.

It took a lot of time to do this, so when Maya was with her, Emily changed the alarm to a softer tone, not to disturb Maya's sleep, and set it half an hour early, for 5:30.

After succeeding in just 19 minutes, a new record for her, Emily went to her dresser for clean clothes to change into after showering. However, she noticed that her underwear drawer had already been opened.

Curious, she peeked in to try to understand why, when she saw... a little person sleeping, wrapped up in her underwear?

Her head tilted in confusion, Emily was stunned for a few seconds before her memory returned to Jane, the Little Folk she had saved the night before.

As Emily struggled to remember, Jane, though sleeping, instinctively sensed that something large and potentially dangerous was watching her, and she jerked awake and flung herself into the still closed and dark part of the drawer.

Letting out a small gasp at Jane's abrupt move, Emily remained silent for a few seconds. Then she whispered "Jane, are you all right?"

Nothing happened at first. But after a while, Jane crawled out into the open, a sheepish look on her face "Sorry, Emily... force of habit."

Emily's lips were in a twist. She cared about Jane, but she didn't want to say anything that would stir up bad memories for her, so she decided not to dwell on it and move on, at least for now.

"No worries, Jane, but how did you sleep last night? Did you get a good night's sleep?" Emily said with a smile, still keeping her voice low so as not to disturb Maya's sleep.

Jane could easily tell by the look on Emily's face that she was trying very hard not to say or do anything that would make her feel uncomfortable. And while one part of her was a little upset at being treated like a delicate doll, the other, and most important, part of her was thrilled that someone cared so much about her. Especially a human, something she never thought could happen.

"Well, it's not exactly like sleeping out in the cold with nothing but a leaf to cover yourself with, but I have to say, it has been nice." she teased Emily before she giggled.

"Just kidding, I had a wonderful night's sleep. Definitely the best sleep I've ever had," she admitted, rubbing the fabric she slept on with her hand.

"Anyhow, can you tell me what it is? The way it feels on my skin is just the most amazing thing! I'm in love with it!" she announced, before she flopped back down and rubbed herself on it with a smile on her face.

At first, Emily smiled at Jane's happiness. But at her question, her smile began to fade.

"These are... um..." Emily stammered awkwardly in her attempt to explain what they were without actually saying it. "These are... clothes for... you know... down there."

"Down there? What do you mean- oh..." Jane said as the realization dawned.

Looking down at the fabric that she was lying on, Jane stood still for a few moments... before she pressed her face to it and took a deep sniff "Emily's scent!"

"What are you talking about! My smell isn't there! It's a clean pair of panties! If there's a smell in there, it's yours!" cried Emily embarrassedly, forgetting to keep her voice down for Maya.

Jane was going to say that she was just fooling around, but she was amused to see Emily's embarrassed reaction, and she didn't want to end it just yet.

"Oh, is that so? So you're gonna wear them now?" Jane asked, pretending to have no idea what she was talking about as she rubbed the panties she was sitting on.

"No! I mean, you were sleeping on them, so I can't use them..." Emily replied awkwardly with averted eyes.

"What of it? I'm clean, because I washed yesterday." Jane said, tilting her head in an act of confusion, before pretending to have a revelation. "Oh! I get it now! You're feeling guilty about taking away my blanket, aren't you? No worries! You can use it now and return it tonight, I'll be fine!"

Emily gasped like a fish, trying to find a way to explain herself without being obscene... and failing.

Jane bit her lip trying to hold back laughing, but finally gave in and giggled maniacally.

Emily looked at her in surprise for a few seconds before she crossed her arms and sulked "You're kidding me, aren't you?"

Jane kept giggling for a while before she slowed down and, after a few seconds of deep breathing, finally got herself under control.

"Yeah... sorry, but your expression was just too much. Haven't had this much fun since... maybe ever!" Jane said with a sheepish but happy smile.

Emily huffed and rolled her eyes, but inside she was happy to see that Jane was enjoying herself. "Okay, if you're done with the teasing, I'm going to have a shower."

"What's a shower? Is it some kind of washing thing? Can I join you?" Jane asked. Half curious, half wanting to see how far she could push Emily.

"No! That's... I can't..." Emily tried to deflect the question again, embarrassed.

"Hey! While I'm glad you guys are getting along, could you please flirt in private? Someone is trying to sleep here! And that someone is me!" Maya said in a half-asleep voice, her eyes having a hard time focusing on Emily at all.

Emily covered her mouth with her hands and looked at Maya shamefaced "I am so sorry, Maya! It wasn't my intention to wake you up..."

Maya scratched at her head as she let out a yawn. "Ah, it happens... at least I saw..." she yawned again, "something funny..."

Reaching critical levels of embarrassment now, Emily sighed heavily before asking, "How much have you seen...?"

"Not much," Maya shrugged “Well, I'll go back to sleep, if you don't mind..."

As Maya lay back down, she moved to the other side of the bed, the one where Emily was sleeping, and laid her head on the pillow, from which she took a long sniff "Hmm... Emily's scent..." were the last words she uttered before she fell back asleep.

Emily watched her sleep in silence, not knowing how to react, when Jane said, "You're quite popular with the little ones, Emily!"

"Please, don't say that in public, or I'll get arrested…" Emily whimpered at the comment.

Ignoring Jane's curious look, Emily went to grab a change of clothes, but she picked up a different pair of panties than the ones on which Jane was currently lying.

As soon as she was done, she put her hand in the drawer next to Jane, "Come on, jump in. I don't think I can embarrass myself any more today, so we might as well wash together..."

Without needing to be told twice, Jane immediately ran to Emily's hand, climbing onto it and looking up at her face, "I'm ready! Let's do it!"

With a smile and a roll of her eyes, Emily grabbed another set of doll clothes from the pile that Maya had brought with her and placed them on top of her own clothes "Alright..."

As she entered the bathroom, Emily set the clothes down on a shelf near the shower and then walked over to the cabinet by the sink. "Come down here, Jane. I'll make you a little basin to wash in."

Doing as she was told, Jane watched in amazement as Emily effortlessly created a huge pool of water, large enough for her to completely submerge herself in. All it took was for Emily to twirl two things back and forth. "Incredible..."

Emily was oblivious to Jane's astonishment at such an ordinary device, busy preparing the water for Jane's bath, dipping her little finger in to check the temperature and turning the knobs if it was too hot or too cold.

Emily hummed her way through the task and smiled with delight at the end of it.

"Now, Jane, please take off your-" Emily started to say, but then sighed, seeing Jane sitting spread-eagled on the counter... already naked.

"I can see you're ready..." Emily went on, without getting into the matter, before she broke off a piece of soap and handed it to Jane

"Soak yourself completely in the water, including your head. Then rub this all over your body. Rinse off when you're done. Okay?"

"I get it!" Jane said smiling broadly before embracing the bar of soap, which was almost as tall as she was.

Walking unsteadily, her eyes barely above the bar of soap, Jane failed to notice the sink's downward curve and fell forward with a cry, the bar of soap becoming an improvised sled.

Emily watched, astonished, as Jane slid into the sink with the bar of soap and hit the water with a soft ‘plop’.

"Jane?”

As she still did not appear after a few seconds, Emily repeated, more anxiously "Jane?!"

Thankfully, Jane popped out of the water right at that moment. She clung to the bar of soap like it was a raft, taking gulps of air as Emily breathed in relief knowing that she was safe.

After catching her breath, Jane turned to Emily and, looking up at her with a shocked face, said "That... was... incredible!"

Then, with a broad grin on her face, she added, "I want to do it again! Emmy! Put me back on the top again!"

"Like hell!" Emily screamed before she covered her mouth and looked down at Jane, shocked.

Jane felt guilty for Emily's reaction, she had probably gone a bit overboard and made her worry too much. "I'm sorry..." she said, looking down with a sad expression on her face.

Emily sighed at her sad puppy face and said "Please be careful. You scared me, you know? I feared something had happened to you..."

"Okay, I promise. I'll be more careful." Jane said as she smiled up at Emily, who smiled back at her.

Once they made up, Jane began rubbing the soap on herself, following Emily's instructions, while Emily herself turned on the shower and did the necessary preparations while the water was heating up.

As soon as the water was at an ideal temperature, Emily began to undress, but when her shirt was halfway up and her belly was showing, she had a moment of doubt.

When she turned around, she did indeed see Jane, who had stopped washing and was looking at her shamelessly.

"Um... can you turn around?" Emily asked, flushing.

"Yes, I think I can." Jane replied. But she didn't move or avert her attentive gaze.

'Why are they both like this...' Emily thought with a sigh. She stepped into the shower and closed the door, deciding to undress inside and throw her clothes out through the top.

Jane groaned in displeasure at having her vision blocked by the glass of the shower. It was transparent, but made in such a way that she could only see the outline of Emily's body, not the details.

Fortunately for her, Emily had not thought about what was going to happen after that, and when she finished her shower, she realized that her robe was still on the shelf that was close to the shower but out of reach.

In an attempt to sneak out and put it on before Jane noticed, she carefully opened the shower door and stepped out.

Unfortunately, Jane's senses, sharpened by years of living in a dangerous and hostile environment, were instantly aware of the faint noise, and she turned instantly in its direction.

What she was faced with was the full, unobstructed sight of Emily's body in all its naked splendour.

"I've never been so glad to be alive..." Jane murmured in amazement.

Emily let out a squeak of embarrassment before running over to the robe and putting it on.

Once she was tied up, Emily began to realize that there were other problems she hadn't considered. In addition to getting dressed, there were many other things that required the removal of her robe and her nakedness.

‘I really want to go back to bed...’ she thought, already exhausted although she just woke up.

But then she closed her eyes in despair, remembering that Maya was still there, sleeping on her bed ‘I have no way out. I'm doomed.’

About ten minutes later, they were both fully dressed and eating breakfast in the kitchen.

Oatmeal with milk for Emily, while Jane was sitting on the table, munching on a musley bar with a cap full of orange juice next to her.

If anyone saw them, they would notice that Emily's face was strained by this morning's ups and downs, while Jane was clearly happy, almost radiant with happiness.

They ate in silence. Some time passed before Emily finished and put her spoon into the empty bowl, leaning back in her chair to relax.

A glance at where Jane was had Emily rolling her eyes in exasperation.

She was attacking the bar with a piranha-like fury. Her cheeks were puffed out and her belly was starting to swell like one of those Japanese cartoons, anime or whatever they're called, that Maya loved.

"Eat slowly. You don't have to eat the whole thing. It's bigger than you, anyway." Emily counseled, wiping her face with the corner of a napkin.

Emily sighed again as Jane's response was a jumble of guttural sounds from her full mouth "Chew thoroughly. Then swallow. Only then we can have a conversation."

Listening to her, Jane put the bar down and did as she said, before sucking the juice out of the cap to make sure it went down properly.

"Oh yeah, I never had so much food in my life! I think it will keep me going for at least a week," she said proudly as she massaged her full stomach.

"Okay?" Emily replied, preferring not to tell her about the existence of lunch and dinner or the various snack breaks. She didn't want to overwhelm her.

‘Maybe when I start cooking in the cafeteria at the homeless shelter later, she'll get hungry...’

Immediately, her eyes widened in concern "Oh! I nearly forgot! I should be on my way!"

"Huh? Where are you going?" Jane asked with a curious expression.

"Ah... the homeless shelter. I volunteer there." Emily said, but Jane cocked her head, confused.

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea what most of that words means..." she admitted sheepishly.

Emily gave a smile and a wave of her hand, "No need to be sorry. If there's anything that you want to know, just ask me."

She then begins to elaborate, "See, a homeless shelter is a place where people who are not so fortunate can go to find shelter from the weather, a place to sleep, or even just a hot meal. During the summer, I work there as a volunteer, which is someone who work without expectation of pay. They do it because they want to help others, gain work experience, or things like that." Emily finished her explanation.

"You spend your time helping people then, right?" Jane tilted her head thoughtfully before nodding, "Um, I see. We do things like that all the time, too..."

"Really? May I ask you how your people provide for the injured, the sick, and the elderly? Are there nursing homes or hospitals? How are they organized? And what..." Emily began to babble excitedly, but stopped herself when she a perplexed look on Jane's face.

"I don't know what those are, but I don't think we've got any. I was mainly talking about helping each other stay alive. Few live to see old age, and the injured, unable to recover and unable to do anything else, tend to vanish....” Jane elaborated, but then realized she might have said a little too much when she saw Emily's face, horrified at what she had said.

There was an awkward silence before Jane cleared her throat "Uh, how about we go to this, uh, sad person's storeroom? I'm dying to see it!" Jane concluded sheepishly, with a big smile on her face in the direction of Emily, who had the palm of her hand on her face.

"Yeah... that's probably better..." Emily replied, vowing to herself that she would do everything in her power to make Jane's life as good as it could possibly be.

Chapter End Notes:

The next chapter will continue Suki's day... and Nadia's, as long as she lives.