- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

I've rethought this story dozens of times, but I was never satisfied with it. So I decided to post it in chapters as I get pieces that I'm happy with.

The first chapter is just an introduction to the characters and there is no real action, but I hope it's at least an interesting start!

09/02/2023 - Small addition

Emily had just finished volunteering at the homeless shelter, as was her habit by now, and was walking back to her dormitory. On the way, she had stopped at the park, where she sat on a bench to rest for a bit.

Tucking her blonde hair behind her ear, she smiled as she watched the setting sun, one of the things she always delighted in doing. Unfortunately, something soon interrupted her pause, and she noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

She turned her head to see what it was and was stunned to see a tiny girl, who couldn't have been more than two inches tall, desperately running for her life. The tiny girl was so small that it was hard for Emily to even see her. As she looked at the tiny girl, she noticed that there was a cat chasing her. Without hesitation, Emily leapt off the bench and ran towards the tiny girl, catching her on the fly with her hands.

Holding the tiny girl in her raised right hand, Emily waved her left hand to chase the cat away. "Leave this poor girl alone. She's not a toy!"

Once it saw that the prey was no longer within reach, the cat turned and walked away.

Once the threat was dealt with, Emily decided to take a look at the tiny person she had saved to see if she was hurt or something.

Bringing the hand holding the tiny girl close to her face, her blue eyes carefully scanned every detail of her tiny body, which was covered only by a couple of small pieces of torn cloth on her chest and between her legs, leaving the rest of her body exposed, making it easier for her to inspect.

The tiny black-haired girl fixed her brown eyes upon her, trembling and sobbing in fear of her narrow escape and the uncertainty of what the giantess holding her in her hand might do to her.

"Hey, don't worry..." Emily said soothingly. "It's okay, I'm here to help you. What happened? Are you okay? Do you feel pain somewhere?" Emily asked, as she continued to watch her body for signs of injury or damage.

The poor thing was too scared to answer though, and she curled up in her hand, still crying and shaking.

Emily felt sadness for her, so she pulled her close to her chest, trying to give her the closest thing to a hug despite their huge size difference. "Shh. Shhh. It's okay, I'm here now. Everything's going to be alright."

It took a few minutes of reassuring whispers and gentle caresses, but she finally seemed to begin to relax. Once she calmed down, Emily returned to the bench and placed the tiny girl on her lap.

"What's your name, dear?" Emily asked gently.

"...J-Jane. My name is Jane." The tiny girl whimpered.

"Oh, Jane, what a lovely name." Emily replied, flashing a warm smile.

"Thank you." Jane said quietly.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Emily asked, curious.

"There was... there was a big monster that wanted to eat me!" Jane said, her eyes wide with fear.

"A big monster? You mean the cat?" Emily tilted her head in confusion.

Jane shook her head and hugged herself tightly, starting to shake again. "No! It was a monster! It killed and ate two of my friends! I was only able to escape thanks to you!" Jane cried out in panic.

Emily gasped, "That's... that's terrible! I'm so sorry!"

Jane nodded weakly "It is...I...I can still hear their screams...they begged me to help them, but I could only run away! And then-"

"Hey, hey, hey, it's going to be okay." Emily said gently, pulling her back into her chest. "I'll protect you. You're safe with me."

Jane clung onto Emily tightly, still trembling in fear.

"Oh, Jane, don't be afraid anymore," Emily said. "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

Emily then began to gently carry Jane, cradling her in her hand as she walked towards her dorm.

Once she arrived in front of her dorm, Emily breathed a sigh of relief. It was dark outside by now, and it had been a long, hard day at the homeless shelter. While she enjoyed helping others, volunteering was still not an easy job, and she was already feeling tired from just that. But coupled with the story of Jane's horrific experience, she wanted to do nothing more than go to her room and sleep the night away.

Emily glanced at Jane, who was sitting in the palm of her hand, wrapped around her middle finger like a koala, though Emily had made sure to hold her in a way that she couldn't fall, and gave her a reassuring smile.

Opening the door, Emily was about to enter the dormitory common room when she heard two voices that were familiar to her... but not in a good way.

Peering from behind the open door, Emily saw that across the room, sitting on the couch watching television, were two people who unfortunately lived in the same dorm as her.

Shana and Suki.

Shana was a tomboyish African-American girl with short curly hair who liked to play every type of sport possible… except those involving water. This means that she was almost always sweaty and... quite smelly. Emily wouldn't care that much, except that she was also crude and antagonistic to pretty much everyone, and with a tendency to use her body odor to harass or bully other people.

Then there was Suki, a Japanese girl who came from a wealthy family, who thought that sharing a dormitory with other people would make her more sociable and independent.

Sadly they were wrong, and after getting into an argument with Shana, which ended in Suki being slammed to the ground with Shana sitting on top of her stuffing her sweaty socks into her mouth, Suki had somehow become Shana's henchwoman. And though she was now only a subordinate, for some reason her ego and arrogance hadn't gone down, they'd skyrocketed. It was like she was proud to be Shana's lackey.

Emily wasn't someone capable of hating other people, but even she found their presence… unpleasant.

Wanting to avoid trouble, Emily took advantage of the fact that they had their backs to her and were immersed in watching television to quietly close the door and tiptoe towards her room, all the while keeping her eyes on them to make sure they didn't notice her.

Unfortunately, Emily hadn't realized the presence of Maya, Shana's thirteen year old little sister, who was playing alone with a doll on the floor near the entrance to the bedrooms, waiting for Emily to come back, as she was the only one who treated her well, while Shana and Suki just teased and nagged her continuously.

Seeing Emily, Maya, who unlike her older sister was a polite and kind child, was about to greet her with a smile but stopped, perplexed to see her walking backwards, and what's more, she had something strange in her hand.

Out of curiosity, Maya asked “What's in your hand, Emily?”

Not expecting anyone behind her, and with her attention focused entirely elsewhere, Emily was taken totally aback, and couldn't help but let out a cry of surprise, ending up doing exactly what she was trying to avoid. Draw Shana and Suki's attention to her.

Turning their heads, Shana and Suki looked at her. Suki glared at her for interrupting the movie, while Shana just looked bored. “What are you shouting about, Barbie?”

Emily cringed at that nickname, but she just smiled, albeit with an effort. "Oh... nothing. I thought I saw a cockroach, but I was mistaken..." she lied quickly.

Shana snickered at her “Don't worry, princess. It's just Maya who loves to crawl on the floor.”

Emily felt bad for Maya, who looked down in shame, her long black hair reaching down to cover her face, hugging her doll tightly, but she was glad she had distracted Shana, who had lost interest and was returning to watching television.

Or at least until Suki, who was still glaring at her with hostility, asked “Why are you holding your arms behind your back? What are you hiding?”

Emily immediately replied “Nothing!” but evidently her tone was rather suspicious, and Shana turned back to her.

“Good question... what do you have back there?” Shana said, intrigued by her behavior.

Emily was quite nervous, but she tried to smile again. “Oh, it's nothing interesting, don't worry about-”

“Maybe you misunderstood me...” Shana explained in a calm but commanding tone “I'm not asking, but telling you to show me.”

Emily started shaking when she saw Shana and Suki stand up and walk towards her. ‘What do I do now?!’

Chapter End Notes:

If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to comment!

I'm doing this to improve my writing skills, so any criticism is welcome if it can help me be better.