- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally chapter three! It took me a little too long to post this, but I hope it turned out to be a good chapter!

(P.S. - I only changed one line in the previous chapter, where Emily now says that she found Jane at the park, being chased by a cat.)

Emily was horrified by her statement and behavior.

"No... you can't do that... she's human!?" she whispered, looking confused as to how anyone could even imagine such a terrible act, let alone do it.

"She's not human," Suki said in exasperation, before looking at Jane's trembling, saliva-dripping form. "But she looks close enough. I can eat her and imagine I'm doing it to a real person!"

"This is murder, Suki... surely you can understand that... right?" Emily pleaded, refusing to even imagine that anyone could actually be that inhuman.

"And how?" Suki replied with a sneer, tossing her hair over her shoulder "Don't be so pedantic, Emi-chan. Learn to relax a little every now and then, for goodness' sake!"

Emily blinked slowly, not being able to understand what Suki meant, before turning to her captor "Shana... at least you understand that there's something wrong with what she's doing, don't you?!"

Shana looked thoughtful at what Emily said “Um, you're not entirely wrong...”

Emily looked up at her with watery, grateful eyes, but her relief only lasted until Shana turned and addressed Suki “Hey Suki, don't you think you should at least give that thing a wash before eating it? You don't even know where it has been.”

Emily collapsed to the ground in desperation, but was ignored by the two who began talking to each other.

"I already licked it. If there was something wrong I would have noticed by now." Suki said, annoyed that Shana was also trying to ruin her moment.

"I know you Chinese are used to eating everything you find, but at least cook it first." Shana advised, placing the hand that wasn't gripping Emily on her hip.

Suki gritted her teeth in anger, but remained silent.

This reminded her all too much of the conversation they had when they first met.

Suki was sitting at the table, eating sushi for dinner, when Shana arrived and made this exact same comment to her back then.

Suki tried to be polite, as her parents had requested her, and explained to her that she was Japanese and not Chinese, and that sushi was a popular type of Japanese food that was eaten by people all over the world, to which Shana shrugged and replied that they were the same since they all had slanted eyes, and that raw fish is still raw fish even if you call it in a strange way.

Scandalized, she replied piquedly that she certainly didn't expect someone who looked like a baboon whose face and butt had been switched to understand such subtle things... and this costed her a beating and a evening as a sock sucker.

She had no intention of repeating the experience, especially when she finally had a tiny in her hands.

It would be truly depressing if now she, who was one step away from doing something that she has long wanted to do, found herself not only beaten, but with an empty stomach and her chlothes ruined by blood splatters as well.

Emily, who was watching their argument as if it were a tennis match, felt disoriented by the casualness with which they talked about eating Jane, as if she were just a simple snack.

She was starting to wonder if she was actually the one who was exaggerating, seeing this as something that wasn't normal when in fact it was...

"You two are... so mean! How can you do something so...so...evil, to poor Jane! She didn't even do anything to you!" a voice rang out from beside them.

Surprised, Emily as well as Shana and Suki looked at Maya, who was swelling with anger and disgust at their attitude.

Although initially taken aback by Maya's outburst, Shana soon recovered and said "Why don't you go play with your dolls and stop interrupting when adults are talking?"

"What adults? I just see two stupid heads saying stupid things!" Maya shot back.

Shana narrowed her eyes, annoyed by Maya's defiance “I'll give you a chance to take back what you just said, pipsqueak, or else…” 

Maya placed her hands on her hips and looked Shana straight in the eyes "Or else… what? Are you going to hit me? Or bully me? You already do that all the time, so it doesn't really work as a threat!"

Shana, who had never seen Maya act like this before, became furious, and tightened her grip on Emily, making her whimper in pain.

"I'm your older sister! You owe me respect!" Shana demanded, but Maya was not intimidated.

"Stepsister." Maya hissed, clenching her fists as she trembled "Now I understand why mommy doesn't want me to spend time with you... you are a bad person."

“And you're as sanctimonious as that whore of your mother. And this is why I can't stand you. Both of you are always so quick to judge others as if you were perfect. But, news flash, you aren't!” Shana said coldly, her anger simmering beneath her skin.

Maya released a shaky sigh, knowing there was no point in trying to reason with Shana.

She was a person who didn't care about anyone but herself. And although it was something she had known for a long time, she had hoped that it was just a way of protecting herself against her mother, who had always treated her badly, and that one day they would become like real sisters...

But that was just a silly dream.

Not wanting to think about it anymore, she turned to Suki, who had stopped paying attention to their bickering and had started toying with Jane, who was desperately trying to escape, and extended her hand “Give her to me!”

“Hmm? What are you talking about?” Suki replied, tilting her head in a feigned expression of innocence, which was ruined by the smirk on her lips.

“Give me Jane right now, or I'll take her myself!” Maya ordered, uninterested in her games.

Suki's smirk turned into a frown “I'm an adult and you're just a little girl. Do you seriously think that you can command me?”

“You may be a lot older than me, but you're shorter and weaker than me, so I can easily beat you.” Maya said matter-of-factly.

Suki gritted her teeth in anger at Maya, but then calmed down with a snort and sneered, "You want her, huh? Well, then you're out of luck!"

In front of Emily and Maya's shocked eyes, Suki stuffed Jane completely into her mouth.

With a gasp, Maya tried to get closer to Suki, but she moved Jane into the space between her teeth and cheek with her tongue and said “Don't come any closer, or I'll swallow!”

Maya stopped, looking in fury and helplessness at Suki, who sneered at her in triumph.

Emily's heart was pounding incessantly in her chest with anxiety, knowing that Jane's life was just one step away from ending in one of the most atrocious and senseless ways possible.

“Suki...” Emily began, using her tongue to moisturize her dry lips “This is inhumane... please... just let her go.”

In response, Suki turned her head and stuck her tongue out at her, along with Jane's upper body.

It was as if time had slowed to a snail's pace for Emily as she took in the scene.

Her eyes were fixated on Jane's tiny form, covered in a thick layer of Suki's saliva, dripping down her body onto the floor beneath.

In a infuriatingly slow manner, Jane's head turned towards her, pure terror and desperation in her expression.

Emily felt helpless, only able to watch… but when Jane's lips moved, begging her with a silent plea for help… Emily exploded with rage.

Releasing an inhuman scream, which took Shana by surprise, forcing her to let go and cover her ears, Emily lunged at Suki like an enraged bull.

Suki could only gape in shock before being headbutted in her sternum, causing her to gasp and fall backwards, and for Jane to fling out of her mouth and begin falling to the ground.

Having had her eyes fixed on Jane the entire time, the moment she saw her being thrown out of Suki's mouth and about to fall to the ground, Maya leaped and caught her in her hands on the fly, continuing to run without looking back.

A little dazed by the scream and surprised by Emily's reaction, Shana noticed Maya's movement too late, and awkwardly tried to follow her, but by then Maya had already locked herself inside Emily's room.

Enraged, Shana began kicking and punching the door

"Get out of there, you little shit! So I can kick your ass into the next century!"

"This doesn't really make me want to do it..." came Maya's sarcastic reply from behind the door.

"Open the fucking door or I'll break it!" Shana added, not really happy with everyone's sudden rebellion.

"Oh, please, do it! Then you'll finally find yourself living under a bridge like you deserve, since mommy doesn't want you in her house!" Maya replied in a jubilant voice.

Shana was almost on the verge of having a nervous breakdown, and she would have liked nothing better than to smash the door and beat the shit out of the little bitch, but sadly the dorm warden would kick her out without a second thought if she damaged the place.

And as much as she hated to admit it, Maya was right about her mother.

The bitch has always hated her since the day her idiot father married her... or rather, she hated her even before, but she waited for her father to marry her and have a baby with her before making it blatant.

As soon as she came of age, the slut convinced her father that she needed to... find out her place in the world, or some shit like that, to throw her out of the house with his blessing.

Since then, she's had to support herself, competing in every single sport she could, working her ass off and training every single fucking day so she could earn scholarships.

With one last huff of annoyance, she strode towards her room.

"I'm going to bed. Don't disturb me if you know what's good for you." were the last things she said before slamming the door.

Emily and Suki were suddenly alone together, and looked at each other.

Suki, still sore from the headbutt and aware that while Emily wasn't as strong as Shana, she was still way stronger than her, swallowed nervously "Uh... you know that-"

"If anything happens to Jane, the city's homeless will find themselves with a new type of meat on the menu." Emily interrupted calmly, dusting off her sundress before heading to her room, where Maya opened the door for her before closing it as soon as she entered.

Once Emily was gone as well, Suki slowly stood up, bruised and hissing in pain.

Limping towards her room, she murmured “Kuso... I hate that bitch and that kusogaki... I was just one step away from making my deepest wish come true... and now, even if I were to find that stupid snack all alone I can't even eat it, or they'll kick my ass... and I don't think I can rely on that monkey either... she would immediately dump me the moment she gets bored…”

Then, all of a sudden, something Emily herself had said earlier that day came to her mind, and she smiled darkly "Well, I think I should take a trip to the park tomorrow... who knows, I could have a snack outside..."