- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kyle, a year after the night with the girls, lives a new life; hopefully free of trials and torment...

“Wow, that all sounds… very hard. I’m surprised you still function as well as you do considering what you’ve been through.” a voice said to Kyle, breaking him out of his trance.

“Well, I guess… I’ve kind of just got thick skin. It’s the way of the world for people like me.” Kyle sighed, scratching the back of his head as he laid back on the couch.

“And you don’t think being mistreated by women all your life has led to any issues with how you see them?” she continued.

“Not really… those girls… they’re monsters on their own. I’ve been treated badly by dudes too. Besides, I’m able to talk to you just fine, right Ms. Harris?” Kyle laughed.

“Please, call me Angela. It’s rare to address a therapist by their formal name. I want you to feel comfortable, especially after making such a big step by coming here.” Angela assured adjusting her glasses, then crossing her legs and leaning back.

“Right. But, yeah, they put me through a lot… and it kind of sucks that I can’t do anything about it… and the nightmares are hard to deal with… and honestly, I'm already seeing improvement, it's just… the memories of those times, they still get to me…” Kyle explained.

“I understand. You mentioned the new girl you’re seeing… does she elicit those feelings within you, consciously, considering what happened?” Angela asked.

“Sometimes. But it’s not her fault, she’s not the same as those girls. She respects me, both ways. She understands how I feel.” Kyle smiled.

“And your sexual relationship? If you don’t mind me asking…” Angela inquired, writing down notes.

“Well, we’re taking it slow, but honestly… I’ve never felt better about it in my life. Like I said, she’s respectful, tiny or not.” Kyle replied.

“That’s wonderful. Well Kyle, for our second session, I would say you did very well. I’d like to dive more into what happened and try and dig deep at some of these deep-rooted issues you seem to have. My hope is that with time, you may come to find you never even think about those moments anymore. This new relationship seems healthy, and if she’s as willing to participate in romantic, as well as sexual acts with you at your smaller size as you said, you may be able to reclaim control over that part of your life once more…” Angela elaborated, beginning to stand up.

“That sounds… good.” Kyle sighed, doing the same.

“Thank you for being so open and honest, Kyle. You made a very big step today. Please, don’t hesitate to call if there’s any emergencies, and I’ll see you at our next session. Have Kelly book your follow-up on your way out. Take care!” Angela smiled, shaking Kyle’s hand and motioning for him to leave the room. He did so, meeting up with the receptionist and exchanging back and forth as he got his next appointment scheduled…

-

Kyle leaned back, feeling the breeze as he walked along the city streets. There was a pep in his step, and well and truly, he felt unstoppable. Luke was right. Therapy was going great, and he had more control over his emotions and trauma than he ever had before. Hell, he even found a training program that helped mitigate ARSD incidents.

He continued to walk, looking at all the pedestrians passing by and taking in the vibe of his artsy city. The bustling streets sounded of happy conversations and speeding vehicles, with beautiful stores on every flank. The world had so much color that he failed to see until now. It was captivating, and he grew distracted.

Suddenly, he felt himself collide with another person, knocking him back into reality. “I’m so sorry!” he apologized, looking up to see who he collided with. His heart dropped.

A blonde girl, holding a cup of coffee that almost spilled. Someone he knew very well, inside and out some could argue, was standing before him, a scowl on her face that then changed to one of curiosity.

Cynthia looked into his eyes with that curious expression, seeming almost shocked. Her bright blue eyes looked at him with intensity, a natural response she possessed towards those who inconvenience her. The two stood still, not daring to move.

“Oh… hey Kyle…” Cynthia began with a toying tone, starting to smirk. Her posture grew tall, as if she was making herself larger to intimidate him.

Kyle paused for a moment. “Breathe… describe your surroundings… calm down…” he thought. “She has no power over you…” he continued, collecting himself.

He let out a sigh, then stood up straight.

“Hey Cynthia! Good to see you. I’d stay and talk, but I gotta go, you have a good one. Tell Luke I said hi!” he said with a confident smile, before walking off.

Cynthia stared at Kyle as he walked away, confused by his reaction. “Huh.” she muttered. This wasn’t the Kyle she remembered. He didn’t even seem scared. Why did that bother her so much?

"Hey, Cynthia, what's up? Who was that?" Kayla asked, walking up to Cynthia with Victoria and Sydney in tow.

"That was Kyle..." she answered, getting a collective pique of interest from the girls.

"Really? Aw, I missed him..." Victoria pouted.

"Did he say anything to you?" Sydney asked, puzzled by Cynthia's expression.

"He told me to have a good one, and say hi to Luke..." she grumbled, visibly annoyed.

"He wasn't mad?" Kayla inquired, looking back towards the direction Kyle went in.

"I guess not?" Cynthia said, her brow furrowed. "Let's get going..." she ordered, as the girls began walking to their next destination.

"Whatever..." she huffed, trying to forget about the interaction. Little did Kyle know, nothing killed Cynthia's ego more than kindness...

-

Kyle continued walking down the street, a wide grin on his face. He gleefully stepped along, eventually stopping in front of a restaurant, then walked inside. The place was packed, with tables full and the chatter loud, with the occasional sound of clanging plates and clinking glasses.

He talked to the hostess, and she directed him to a table, at which a familiar face was sitting, her dark attire contrasting with the bright white tablecloth on top of the table.

“Hey Kyle! You were almost late for our date… naughty boy…” a feminine voice called out playfully, a boot kicking his seat out for him to sit down.

“Sorry Heather, ran into someone on the way…” he laughed, taking his seat, settling down and letting out a satisfied sigh as he rested his legs.

“Oh? Who was it? Someone I know?” Heather asked, brushing her now blue side of her hair out of her face as she reached a hand out to touch his.

“No-one special. I’m hungry, let’s eat!” Kyle smiled, holding her hand back as they looked at the menu.

The two made their orders, and after a long wait, began eating their meal. They exchanged conversation, laughing as they revealed details about their day. They eventually finished, then left the restaurant, heading down to the riverwalk as the sun began to set...

-

The two continued to walk hand in hand along the river, giggling as they talked and talked until their voices grew hoarse. The light shone off of the water, illuminating the area with a dazzling brilliance only a painting could portray.

Heather, holding Kyle's hand, turned and faced him. Her body was as beautiful as always, as her elegant black dress swung in the wind, her eyes remaining steadfast as they looked into Kyle's, ignorant of the wind blowing her split-color hair into them.

"Hey Kyle… I love you." Heather smiled sweetly, feeling overwhelmed by the luck she had at meeting such a sweet and strong person.

"I love you too." he replied, running his thumb along her hand as he made loving eye-contact. She leaned forward, closing her eyes as she neared Kyle's face. He returned the favor, and the two shared a loving kiss.

"Don't eat me this time…" he pulled away and joked.

"Shut up… or I just might…" she giggled, pulling him back into the kiss.

For once in Kyle’s life, he didn’t feel small.


Chapter End Notes:

Thank you so much for reading! I wanted to end this story on a positive note, considering all poor Kyle has been through. Hope you liked it, and please leave a review, it helps me beyond belief to get feedback, negative or positive. I want to be the best writer I can, and every little helps. If you liked this story, check out my others, and feel free to engage with me on my socials!