- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A continuation! I hope you enjoy, and find this as faithful to the original as I intend!

Author's Chapter Notes:

Kyle tries to cope with the memories of the past...

Kyle awoke with a frantic start. Something was immediately off… shit.

“I’ve shrunken again. Goddamnit!” Kyle groaned, looking around and wondering where exactly he’d shrunken. Passing out every time this happened was a terrible match.

“Where am I…” he wondered, recognizing an unfamiliar place. It was… girly. Not pink and prim, but rather neat, with well-placed decorations adorning the room. The furniture matched, and it smelled floral. Wherever Kyle was, it wasn’t somewhere he knew.

Suddenly, the ground began to shake. Kyle had suffered through ARSD long enough to know someone was coming. 

“Gotta hide!” Kyle called out, looking for a place to ensure his safety. Unfortunately for him, he was in the middle of a knee-deep rug, and there was no chance at escape before the incoming giant had already made it on top of him.

Kyle threw himself on to his back, looking up at the source of the overcasting shadow now encompassing his surroundings. His heart dropped.

“Cy… Cynthia?” he sputtered. This was impossible. He hadn’t seen Cynthia since high-school!

The blonde queen-bee smiled wide, looking down at the tiny boy with greed in her eyes. Her locks hung down over her pretty face, breaking up the canvas of perfect skin and hanging over her blue-pools of light.

Before he could suspend his disbelief, another figure came out from behind Cynthia.

And another.

And another.

And another.

“No… no not you guys!” he yelled, looking up at the group of girls who caused him perhaps the most trauma he’d ever experienced; Cynthia, Sydney, Kayla and Victoria. All smiling down at him with that same expression they had when they tormented him all those years ago at the amusement park; hunger.

“NO!” Kyle screamed, hearing their monstrous giggles as they all leaned down, reaching their hands towards him ready to collect their prize. He shielded his face, and could do nothing but await their clammy grips…

-

“FUCK!” Kyle screamed, waking up with the same frantic start he experienced minutes prior.

“Wha…” he muttered, disoriented and looking around. Everything was normal, and he was in his room, just as things should’ve been. Damn, it was just another nightmare.

“Woah. You okay?” a voice called out from the doorway, staring at Kyle with concern.

“Yeah Luke, I’m fine. Just… another nightmare.” Kyle panted.

“You get those a lot. You sure you don’t want the number for my therapist?” Luke offered, seeing his friend clearly suffering.

“No, they don’t usually understand ARSD. What’s the point in going to a therapist that has no idea what it’s like to be an inch tall?” Kyle retorted, sweat dripping down his forehead as he sat up in bed.

“I guess I get you. But seriously dude, somethings got to give. You can’t keep living like this. Talk to me if you need to. I’m always here.” Luke finalized, before walking off to go continue his morning routine.

Kyle sighed, acknowledging his morning was ruined and accepting it.

He never told Luke about what happened that day. He figured it was for the best, as he couldn’t imagine what he would’ve done to the girls if the extent of their cruelty was made apparent.

He pulled himself out of bed, staring in his mirror. The person he saw had changed drastically since then, but deep down he knew he hadn’t changed in the slightest due to the trauma from that event. College life had been a welcome change of pace; getting a place to live with Luke meant he had someone there during his episodes, and he got to slum it up with his best friend.

Honestly, college was going great for him. He had a lot of friends, people were a lot more understanding of his condition, and he was doing great in his classes. But still, no matter how much he tried to move on, memories of Cynthia and the girls stayed present and in the forefront.

Despite wanting to just curl in bed and cope, Kyle knew that wasn’t going to get him anywhere. If he did that after every traumatic event that had occurred to him after acquiring ARSD, he wouldn’t ever leave his bed.

It was time to go to class, and sitting around wallowing wasn’t going to get him there. As he got dressed and threw his bag on, he hummed his favorite tune of the moment, doing everything he could to change the morning to a positive note. He slung his bag over his shoulder, and left the room, heading out in to the main hallway.

“Yo, wait up dude.” Luke asked, stopping Kyle in his tracks.

“What’s up?” Kyle responded, looking curiously at his friend.

“So… you know how I’ve been seeing that girl recently?” Luke explained.

Luke mentioned that he was going out with this cute little blonde last month, something that greatly surprised Kyle. Luke wasn’t a ladies man, so him pulling someone the way he described was shocking; not that he was ugly, far from it in fact. He was just helpless with women.

“Yeah, the cheerleader.” Kyle answered.

“Right. Well, her and her friends invited me, and a few of my friends out to go to some bars tonight. I want you to come with me. Maybe you could get lucky with one of em’?” Luke smiled, playfully elbowing Kyle.

“I don’t know man, drinking can be a trigger…” Kyle nervously hesitated. It was true. He cringed hard every time he thought of his first frat party.

“I know, I know. You don’t even have to drink. We’re going to pregame at their place, then we’ll head out. If you’re in, we can walk together after your classes finish. Just let me know before then, kay?” Luke offered, resting his hand on Kyle’s shoulder, then walking away back to the kitchen.

Kyle thought to himself. It was tempting, he hadn’t let loose at a party in quite some time. But crowded, busy environments were high-risk for ARSD, even if he was super-resistant to damage, plenty of other terrible things could happen besides getting stomped on.

Luke’s mention of potentially hooking up with one of the girls was another point of intrigue. Did they know about his ARSD? Because worst of all, sex was an extreme trigger of ARSD. Not many girls are okay with tiny dicks, let alone when the person themselves was smaller than their clit.

Kyle sighed. Thinking about this wasn’t helping his mood. Class was about to start, he needed to make headway now. He shook his head, saving the thought for later, then went off to class, saying bye to Luke as he shut the door behind him…

-

Kyle sat in his class with a busy head. The mathematical equations on the board were second-place to the internal storm raging in his mind, all centered around the nightmare in the morning and the offer from Luke.

Thankfully, nothing had happened since the day at the amusement park; not to say he hadn’t shrunken, but being manhandled by giant girls was a one-and-done deal, and Kyle was more than thankful. He’d been asked by drunk girls in the past, “Have you ever been in a pussy?” and he shuddered at the memory, only able to weakly nod and skip the subject.

Such humiliation was foundational for Kyle’s distrust in people, and he didn’t intend on putting that guard down anytime soon. But Luke’s offer was enticing. It was finals season, and he was beyond stressed. Perhaps getting loose with some alcohol and being at least around some cute girls would be a good break…

-

The rest of the day continued normally, with Kyle relaxing as his final throwaway class came to an end. He joined the groups filtering out of the classroom, eventually making it out into the courtyard.

Just as the thought crossed his mind, he received a call from Luke.

“Hey dude, sorry, I think I remembered correctly that your Sociology class ends a little before now. Did I call at a bad time?” Luke answered, ever polite.

“Nah, it’s over now, I’m in the courtyard. What’s up?” Kyle responded.

“Oh, word! I’m in the courtyard too, I think I see you. Hold up!” Luke laughed, hanging up on Kyle.

Kyle looked around, and his eyes settled on his friend, walking towards him.

“Sup, weird timing.” Luke said, wrapping his arm around Kyle.

“Yeah, weird.” Kyle replied, as the two began to walk.

“So, the pregame… you in?” Luke asked, persistent in his approach.

“Uh… I don’t know dude. I’m just… worried about shrinking again.” Kyle admitted, nervously fidgeting.

“I’ll be there the whole time dude. If you shrink I’ll be on top of it before you blink, I promise.” Luke assured. Kyle couldn’t help but laugh. He heard that before.

“I guess, but…” Kyle began, before being cut off by Luke.

“C’mon dude, you only live once. Let’s have some fun tonight!” Luke pressured, smiling widely at his friend as he contemplated the offer.

“...Fine.” Kyle answered, getting an elated cheer from Luke.

“That’s what I like to hear!” he laughed, patting his friend on the back.

“Well, do you need anything from the house, cause if not her place isn’t far from here.” Luke followed up, inquiring to be safe.

“Nah, I’m all set, as long as I can leave my backpack with them.” Kyle answered.

“Yeah, she’s chill with it, I already checked since I’ve got mine too. Let’s head out then!” Luke announced, pulling Kyle along towards his girlfriend's place...


Chapter End Notes:

Set-up galore, expect the same for next chapter...