- Text Size +
Chapter 2 

The little girl was playing by the anthill. She was acting like she was the queen of the ants. When the ants ignored her she started to stomp them.  Joann Northup looked at the scene with surprise. Darlene was a little girl again. She always though her daughter was a bit odd.  She was about to ask what she was doing to those poor ants when then scene shifted.

She was in Boston shopping with her husband. Then a huge Darlene came on the scene, crushing everything in sight.

“Stop Darlene. Were not ants, were not ants.”

Darlene didn’t stop. In the resulting panic, she and Mr. Northup got separated.

“Ms. Northup?” a voice called out.

 

Joann Northup opened her eyes. She had been dreaming of past events. Events that had lead to her current situation. For the past two days, she had been a guest of the US military. Or to be more exact the ‘Darlene Task Force’ who purpose was to find out as much as possible about Darlene. To do this task, they examined her school records, looked at her personal computer files and interviewed people who had known her.

 

Since she was Darlene mother they considered her a Darlene expert. They hoped she could tell them what made Darlene tick. They were hoping she could predict Darlene next move. Joann told them what she knew. Saying her daughter was hard to classify. There was times she was good, but capable of being a real bitch when she wanted to.

 

There were two other so called Darlene experts with the task force. Marsha Coleman who was Darlene best friend, and a man calling himself Bugman. Who was a member of the Internet GTS community, and one of Darlene fans.

 

General Hickman led the task force, and was standing in front of her now.

“I got good news and bad news. The good news is we found your son. The bad news your husband is still missing and probably dead.”

“You found Andrew?”

“Yes, he safe. You get to talk to him later, but right now a situation has come up. We need you in the briefing room right away.”

 

When Joann arrived in the briefing room, she was surprised to find Marsha and Bugman already there. General Hickman then went to the front of the room.

“Darlene is no longer alone. She has been joined by two other giantess.”

Images of Margaret and Doreen showed up on the screen. They seamed to be talking about something.

“Do you know these people?” asked the general.

Bugman: “They look like Doreen and Margaret. The embodiment of good and evil.”

Hickman: “What do you mean?”

Bugman: “Doreen represents good, Margaret evil. I’ve seen stories about them on the net. But I never dreamt they really existed.”

Marsha: “Is there any way to find out what their saying?”

Hickman: “We have a mike in range. Let’s listen in for the moment.”

 

Margaret: “Were you always so darn gentle?”

Doreen: “I was born an raised a christen. I try to fallow the teachings of Christ.”

Margaret: “The goal of Christians is to get into heaven and be united with God. Am I right?”

Doreen: “What your point.?”

Margaret: “You have  been good for nothing. Your never get to heaven.”

Doreen: “I may never get to heaven. But I will never be sent to hell.”

 

Bugman: “It’s them all right. Involved in the endless debate between good and evil.”

Joann: “You said Darlene was no longer alone. Where she is?”

Hickman: “Until 40 minutes ago, she was with them. She is currently 50 miles from their position.”

Joann:” Can I see her?”

The imagine on the screen changed. Darlene was sitting down in the middle of a forest.

Joann: “I know that look she’s in deep though.”

Hickman: “About what?”

 

Darlene tried to think up a plan. While she was tempted to avoid people altogether, she knew she had to deal with them sometime. Besides she missed her parents. Heck she was even starting to miss her brother. But were they still alive? She did not know, but wanted to find out. But how? It was a big world. Who would she ask for help? Or should she search for them on her own.

 

Darlene felt she needed help. While Margaret and Darlene were offering to be mentors she felt she had to talk to normal people. Getting up, she decided to head to the nearest large town.

 

A few hours later, in a secret location heads of state from all around the world were meeting.  When Darlene first came on the scene, it was to be considered to be an a local problem. When the initial military attacks failed. People wondered what her reach was. Could she cross oceans?  Countries outside the Americas felt reasonably safe, until two other giantess showed up out of nowhere. Worried that giantess could be showing up in their countries next. Every major country in the world agreed to meet to come up with a plan.

 

Disagreement soon showed its head. Some favoured a massive military strike. Pointing out that so far, only guns, tanks and missiles have been used. Chemical and nuclear weapons were just waiting to be used. Others fearing that these weapons would cause more damage than the giantess, suggested talking to the giantess. Make some sort of deal. Others pointed out that attempts to talk to Darlene during her rampage ended in failure. A few, asked if the Wishbone restaurant that helped start the whole mess, could help.  Only to be told that the restaurant had disappeared.

 

After arguing for a few hours, the majority of world leaders decided to try to talk to the giantess. In hopes a deal could be reached. Since the blond giantess (Doreen) had an reputation of being gentile. They decided to talk to her first.

 

Darlene approached the city. She wanted to make contact as many people as possible, without causing a massacre. Seeing a large mall on the fringes of the city she decided it was a good a place as any. She went to the parking lot, and got on her hand and knees.(in an effort to be less imitating and make it easier for her to see people)

“As you know my name is Darlene. The reason for my visit is  to find out if my family is still alive. My parents names are Dan Northup and Joann Northup. My brother name is Andrew Northup.  If  you have any information on their whereabouts. Please tell me. I’ll be hanging round this city. If anyone in authority wants to speak to me, I’m available. I promise not to kill any political leaders that want to talk to me, the same goes for the media. “

Darlene having said her piece, waited for a response.

 

Andrew Northup happened to be in the other side of town meeting with mayor Walter Risk. When word came of Darlene arrival, he asked to see her. Megaphone in hand, he and the mayor went to the mall, where Darlene was waiting.  Even on her hands and knees, her head was hundreds of feet of the ground. Andrew felt imitated by his big sister, but felt he had to do this.

 

“Darlene can you here me?”

“Andrew is that you? Where are you?”

She looked down at the small group before her, trying to spot her brother.

“I’m down here. Don’t come any closer.”

“I won’t hurt you. Have you heard mom and dad.”

“You didn’t care about them, when you levelled Boston to the ground.”

“ARE THEY ALIVE?”

“Mom is, but dad is dead.”

Darlene stared down at her brother in shock. She was afraid she’ll hear news like this. Tears started to flow down her check.

“I’m very sorry to hear that. Where is mom? I need to talk to her.”

“Why? So you can kill her too?”

Darlene was shocked. Of the members of her family she knew her brother was the least likely to forgive her. But she never expected this.

“How can you possibly say that?”

“I know about your mega giantess fantasies. You wilfully committed Murder.”

“But I never meant for dad to die.”

“What about the total strangers in those cities? Did you mean to kill them or were they in the wrong place at the wrong time?”

Darlene didn’t know what to say. At the time she deliberately killed a few people. The majority just got in the way.

“I got nothing else to say to you. Good bye Darlene.”

“Wait Andrew, I need to know where mom is.”

“Darlene, this is mayor Walter Risk. Your mother is safe. As for her location I don’t know where it is. They won’t tell me.”

“Who the hell are they?”

Before the mayor could answer, governor Nutman, came on the scene. He took one look at Darlene, then grabbed the megaphone from Risk’s hands.

“I am governor Nutman. This is a no mega giantess state.”

“What are you trying to tell me?” Darlene was starting to get to get pissed off.

“I’m telling you to get out of my state.”

 

Darlene wanted to crush the jerk into oblivion. Her fist hovered over his head. But she felt he wasn’t worth it. So she withdrew her fist. 

“I will leave your stupid state. For I need to find mom. We can both save some time, by telling me where she is.”

When she got no answer, Darlene got up and left in a huff. When she was safely gone, mayor Risk turned to governor Nutman and said”

“I can’t believe you got away with that. She could have killed us.”

“With mega giantess you got to be firm. Besides it makes great bragging material. “

 

On a vast empty  wheat field. Doreen agreed to meet with the media and a few world leaders. To answer any questions they might have. To everyone horror Margaret showed up as well.  Since they had already gathered they reluctantly proceeded.

 

Doreen: “I wish to thank you all for coming. “

Margaret: “Yeah, It about time you people find out who your bosses are.”

US President: “Bosses? We rule ourselves. This is our world not yours.”

Margaret: “I got news for you, this world, which is now called GTS-788, Belongs to Darlene, although I expect a cut of the resources.”

Doreen: “I won’t put it those terms. But Darlene will dominate this world. and I would recommend dealing with her.”

Media: “But we don’t trust her.”

Doreen: “Your going to have to live with her, wither you like it or not.”

Media: “Do you plan to stay in our world?”

Doreen: “The current plan is for either me or Margaret to stay for a few months as a mentor for Darlene. After that you may get the occasional visit. “

Pope: “Are you punishment from God?”

Margaret: “Yes.”

Doreen: “No.”

The two goddesses looked at each other. A fight threatened to start.

British PM: “Would you obey an order to leave this world?”

Margaret: “You just don’t get it. You have NO authority over us.”

US president: “Who does?”

Doreen: “The GTS council and Mr. G. Although if Darlene asked me to leave I would obey.”

Margaret: “Speak for yourself. I’m not leaving this world, until I’m good and ready.”

 

“You should let me talk to her. “ Joann pleaded with general Hickman.

‘I’m sorry. But it’s too dangerous.”

“She looking for me, you fool.”

“Like it or not. If worst comes to worst, you are our bargaining clip.” General Hickman then left her.

Joann was still steaming when Bugman, came by to say hello.

“Military acting like jerks?”

“How did you know?”

“The military always acts like jerks in GTS stories.”

“But this is real, not some story off the net.”

“Well  the last few days, feel like they belong to one of the stories I’ve read over the net. To be frank Ms. Northup that scares me.”

“Why?”

“While I enjoy GTS fantasies. I’ve have mixed feelings when they show up in real life.”

 

After a fruitless day of searching for her mother, Darlene feel asleep and began to dream.

 

“Darlene you been a bad girl.”

Darlene was shocked to hear her father voice. When she looked down, she saw a man of medium build, with greying hair. 

“Dad you’re alive?” Darlene asked. The instant she said that his appearance changed. His body became red and bloody.

“I’m a ghost Darlene. You murdered me before my time.”

“I’m sorry I never wanted to hurt you.”

“I know. But the damage is done. There no justice, you killed four million people, yet that not why your going on trial”

“On Trial? What are you talking about?”

“You’ll find out. Goodbye Darlene.”

Her father faded out of sight and Darlene found herself in an enormous room.  She found herself standing before a dozen goddesses of various sizes. These goddess dressed in judges robes, were situated behind a raised table. All around the wall of the room were hundreds of seated GTS-goddess. They were placed by size, the smaller goddesses(those merely hundreds of feet tall) sat in the bottom rows. Mid sized goddess (those thousands of feet tall) took up the middle rows, and at the back were goddess whose height was measured in miles.

 

Darlene decided to focus on the goddess behind the table.

“Who are you?” Darlene asked the goddess behind the table.

“We are the GTS-Goddess council. The goddesses seated around you are your peers.”

A 12,000 foot goddess with raven hair then addressed Darlene.

“You have been charged with the crime of refusing to become either a gentile or an evil goddess. How do you plead?”

“What difference does it make to you?” Darlene asked.

“If you become a gentile goddess, you’ll have the support of other gentile goddess. Choose evil and you’ll become an member of the evil goddess club. Stick on your current path and you’ll be shunned by all.”

“Did it ever occur to you, that I’m both good and bad? I never did like being labelled, and refuse to fit into a category.”

“Think of the consequences of your actions. If you’re neither good or bad, your rule will become unpredictable. That’s usually bad for a world. You don’t want to be nicknamed chaos do you?”

“Then change me back to a mortal girl, if you don’t like what I become.”

The other GTS-Goddess whispered to each other, this was not going as planned. Should they force Darlene to choose one side or the other?

 

Darlene was getting bored.

“If you’re not going to do anything let me go.”

“We could force you to choose, but we have chosen not to.”

“You can’t make me do anything.”

“Don’t push us too far. May Mr. G have mercy on your soul.”

“As far as I’m concerned he can go to…” To Darlene surprise the scene dissolved and she found herself on the ground.

“I was dreaming?” she asked the night air. She found herself alone, so she figured she was dreaming. Darlene decided to act on her dream. In the mourning she would go to Margaret and Doreen and ask them to leave this world.

 

At the crack of dawn, Margaret and Doreen were informed by the GTS council, on the events of the night before. They then argued over the results.

Margaret: “We can launch an appeal. Force her to make a choice”

Doreen: “I agree this is the result we all feared. But she defied the GTS council  will. Maybe as time goes on she will change her mind.”

Margaret: “You may be willing to wait eons. But I’m not. Maybe the board members can force Mr. G’s hand.”

Doreen: “Too late for that. Here comes Darlene.”

 

Darlene was a bit nervous about was she was about to do. She was dealing with fallow goddess after all. But she felt she had to do this.

“Goddesses Margaret and Doreen. I know you been trying to help me. But I must ask that you leave this world.”

“You’re making a mistake Darlene. If you change your mind I can be reached at GTS-567. “ Doreen then left the scene, while Margaret stood her ground.

“You too Margaret. Time for you to go.”

“I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do this. But you give me no choice. Since you refuse to fallow the rules, I must rule this world in your place.”

“You can’t do that.”

Margaret then threw a knockout punch at Darlene. Caught off guard, she fell to the ground. Darlene tried to get up, but Margaret kept kicking and hitting her.

“This is for your own good.” Margaret said as she continued to kick her. Suddenly she stopped.

“I got an idea I’ll be right back.” Margaret then ran off to get something.

 

Darlene was in pain. While her injuries were healing, she could barely move. All too soon, Margaret returned with two 500 foot cans in her hands.

 

“What your preference men or women?”

“I Don’t understand.”

“Let me show you.” Margaret then opened the can label “Men”.  And showed Darlene the contents which consisted of hundreds of naked men, trying their best to get out of the can.

“The other can contains naked women. Now which one should I force feed you from?”

“Neither. I refuse to eat people.”

Margaret then took the can of men, and with her other hand forced Darlene mouth open. It was a terrifying experience of the men inside the can. For as the can tipped, they had a good view of Darlene mouth. They tried to avoid sliding into her mouth but the force of gravity broth them closer and closer to their doom. Then just as the first men were about to fall into Darlene mouth a voice cried out.

“Margaret stop.”

Startled Margaret upright the can, much to the relief of the men inside. Darlene couldn’t believe her eyes. The 12,000 foot goddess with raven hair, from her dream was standing before them.

“This a private matter go away.” Margaret cried.

“I’m here to enforce the council will. Darlene asked you to leave so you no longer have a place here. What were you doing to her anyway?”

“Force feeding her men. Want some? I got both men and women cans”

“You make me sick. Here what I think of your eating habits. “ She then took the can of women, opened it and tipped on its side. Seeing their chance to escape, hundreds of naked women, poured out of the can.

“Hey those are mine.”

“Not anymore. Time to go. “ 

 The stranger then grabbed  Margaret who put a fight. Darlene watched helplessly as the can of men was crushed underneath the fighting goddess feet. Finally the taller goddess got the upper hand and carried Margaret away. Darlene surveyed the damage. The men in the can were crushed to a bloody red mass. It was hard to tell where one man body began and other ended. The women faired much better, other than a few stragglers who got crushed in the fight. The majority were free, and exiting the scene.

 

After resting a bit, Darlene resumed the search for her mother. She didn’t know where to find her, but she was determined to find out. As she got underway, she couldn’t help feeling it was the start of a new era for her and the world.

 

End of current story