- Text Size +
1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. Regrets

Darlene faced the crowd. It was time to make her plea.

“I know it a bit late for regrets. But I wish I could undue the actions of the last few days. But I can not. All I can do is explain my actions. For years I had a mega goddess fantasy. Dreams of towering over people, and crushing things, filled my dreams. When I found out about the Wishbone meal deal I jumped at the chance. To be honest, I didn’t really expect to become a GTS-goddess. And when I grew, I’m sorry to say, I went on a rampage without any thought of the consequences.  In my dreams I never thought about the after effects of a rampage. While your cities can be rebuilt, the people I (sob) crushed are gone forever. Please believe me, when I say I deeply regret their deaths.”

 

Silence came from the crowd before her. They didn’t trust this 6000 foot brunette, who over the last three days, had wiped out a dozen cities, killing millions of people. They stayed what they considered a reasonable distance away from her. But they knew she could kill them all if she wanted to.

 

Darlene could sense the crowd did not believe her. While they could do nothing to hurt her physically, she wanted their understanding.  Then she had an idea. Maybe the people at Wishbone, can make things right. Then she realized Wishbone was in the middle of a populated area. Make she could ask someone to go to the restaurant, and explain the situation.

 

“Wishbone can’t help you.”

Darlene was surprised to see a man by her feet. Nobody else had dared to approach her. Who was he?

“Name is Stanley Charm. I’m the manger of Wishbone.”

“Please Mr. Charm I want to take back my wish.”

“I’m sorry Darlene, but once you make a wish you can’t take it back.”

“Can’t I make another wish? One to undue the damage.”

“Sorry. Only one wish per person. You could ask someone else to make a wish for you. If Mr. G will allow it.”

“Who is Mr. G?”

“He is the guy who runs the Wishbone multiuniverse.”

“Maybe I can appeal to him directly.”

Darlene then got on her hands and knees.

“Please Mr. G undue the damage I have done.” When she got no response. She changed her tact.

“Ok, you win. I learned my lesson. Change me back to the way I was. I Darlene Northup will accept any punishment, society hands down on me.”

 

The crowd started to go home at this point. They felt Darlene had lost it.  Stanley Charm hung around. He wanted to see what she would do next.

 

Seeing her pleas were having no effect. And not knowing where else to turn, she started to pray to God. Asking for forgiveness and advice and how to make things right.

 

She waited, but got no response. Seeing nothing was happening Stanley headed back to his restaurant. All alone, Darlene ended up crying herself to sleep.

Interlude A

There was once a girl by the name of Darlene Northup. Who had dreams of becoming a goddess. While most people who have such dreams, never have them come true. Hers came true. For a time, it looked like she would be an evil goddess. Then she lost her mind. Who ever heard of a goddess regretting her actions? I heard of gentle goddess, but one that prays to God?!! She is an embarrassment to the entire GTS-Goddess race. Unless I can save her. Bring her back to the evil side.

 

Interlude B

This is a sign. Darlene Northup who started off as an evil bitch, is now open to influence by us gentile goddesses. I got to show her, that she can be a good GTS-Goddess. Before the evil GTS-Goddess, talk her back into doing evil.

 

Darlene walked through the streets of the strange city. She was back to her normal size. Then the earth began to shake, a huge shadow appeared over the city. She could hear and see explosions. Entire blocks were being destroyed by a mysterious figure, thousands of feet tall. She could see people being crushed by the falling buildings. Their faces were thrown apart and crushed.

 

An army of people began to appear. They were men, woman and children. There were whites, blacks and Orientals.  Every nationally imaginable was present. And they were all dead. Darlene quickly noticed that as the figure( which appeared to be a woman) killed people, their ghosts would from a cloud around her. There moans and groans calling out for justice was terrifying.

 

Darlene went to the mysterious figure whose back was turned to her. She wanted to put a stop to this slaughter.

“Who do you think you are?” she asked the figure.

The woman turned around. Darlene gasped she was looking up at her own face.

“WELL, IF IT ISN”T MY MORTAL SELF. THERE NO NEED FOR YOU TO EXIST ANYMORE. “ The goddess Darlene then put her foot down on the mortal Darlene.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO.” The mortal Darlene screamed.

 

People for miles around hear her scream. It was loud enough to break windows. People prayed that Darlene would wake up. Their prayers were answered.

 

Darlene was surprised to find herself 6000 feet tall again, and lying on the ground. Then she realized she had been dreaming. Shaking herself awake she decided to head for the hills to think things over.

 

Hours passed and Darlene still didn’t know what to do. She though about spending the rest of her life in unpopulated areas. While that would prevent further deaths it wouldn’t relieve her of her guilt. Then she thought about suicide. Darlene went up to the oceans edge, and walked right in.  She was planning on drowning herself, but when the water reached her neck. She lost her nerve.

“This is nuts. I’m actually afraid to die.” Darlene though to herself as she headed back to shore.  The truth of the matter was, she was immortal and able to breath underwater. But Darlene didn’t realize that.

 

When she got back to dry land, she was surprised to find another GTS-Goddess waiting for her. She had red hair, and was wearing a black leather outfit. She was the same size as Darlene.

 

“We need to talk.” Were the first words out of the other goddess mouth.

“Ok, Ms. ?”

“The name is Goddess Margaret. Quite frankly your behaviour has been a disgrace to the GTS-Goddess race. “

“Excuse me?” Darlene did not like Margaret’s tone of voice.

“I know I’m being harsh with you. But you need to know the truth. Your behaviour is becoming bizarre. Who ever heard of a goddess regretting her actions? Or praying to God. Your rule is threatening to become a joke, like Shelly’s.”

“Who is Shelly?”

“She is the only GTS-Goddess in creation afraid of heights. My point is, you had an excellent start to your career as a goddess with that rampage. We were sure you were one of us evil goddess. But now your throwing that away.”

“But evil is wrong and usually eventually punished, besides my conscience brothers me.”

“You’re thinking like a mortal Darlene. Who is going to punish you? Humanity? Their jails are too small for you, and their weapons can not kill you.”

“What about divine punishment beyond the grave?”

Margaret burst out laughing.

“You just don’t get it. You’re a GTS-Goddess. You’re going to live forever. You’ll never be dammed to hell. Let me put it this way. There is no incentive to be good. For you can not be punished, by either Human or God.”

“What about nightmares? I dreamt that the souls of my victims were demanding justice.”

“Nightmares are just dreams. They can not hurt you. Same goes for ghosts. Although personally I think they are myth. Darlene the truth of the matter is, goddess rule worlds.  And the only way to rule and dominate a world is to be an evil goddess. Their is no alternative.”

“That’s a lie.”

Darlene and Margaret turned to see who had spoken.

  

Disclaimer: In this part I quote parts of the comments Octavian and Anon made on this story.

 

Darlene first impression was that she was looking at the girl next door. The newcomer was blond and was wearing a white T-shirt and gym shorts. Like Darlene the newcomer was also 6000 feet tall.

“Who are you?” Darlene asked the newcomer.

“My name Doreen. I’m here to tell you, about the possibilities of being a gentile goddess.”

“That’s an oxymoron.”

“Don’t listen to Margaret. It is possible to be a good goddess. One that works with humanity.”

“That’s a bunch of bull. We are too big to work with Humanity. And they are too small.”

“How to you explain Valerie? In her giantess state she’s five miles tall, let she a gentle goddess. I have heard she helps out in natural disaster cleanup.”

“Cleaning up natural disasters doesn’t trill me. Is there any other options?” Darlene asked

“There are many options for a gentle giantess. A judge in disputes, jobs in the construction industry. Or you could be an entertainer. Some of the best ruled worlds in GTS-space are ruled by a goddess working with not against humanity.”

“But people don’t trust me.” Darlene pointed out.

“That’s why you should turn your back on them. What has Humanity done for you? You should do like me. Look out for number one.”

“Have you forgotten that you used to be Human? Their feelings still matter to me. “

“Hey Doreen. Most people expect death and destruction from us “

“Say’s who?” Doreen asked.

“Octavian, who says and I quote “…I personally feel that mega giantess/goddess should never feel bad about the destruction they cause.” Anon goes even further, “…may the goddess rule in supreme malevolence. After all what are we to them that they should care about us for anything other than amusement and feeding their addiction.”

“But those guys are board members. Their options do not represent society as a whole. Besides I bet they never met a evil goddess in real life. I wonder how longer their options would last, if they were to meet you in person.”

 

Margaret and Doreen, then noticed Darlene was losing interest in the discussion. Doreen decided to change her tactics.

 

“What would your family think of you now?”  Doreen asked Darlene

“Oh my God. I forgot about my family. They were in one of the cities I rampaged through.  I hope their still alive.”

“Who cares? I ate my own brother and crushed my parents who were a bunch of jerks.”

“How could you be so mean to your family, Margaret? I may have killed people, but I can’t imagine eating people. “

“ I’m an evil goddess period. Tell me this Darlene. why is it ok to crush people but not eat them?”

“ I was never into eating people. It’s just too gross.”

“As a gentile goddess, you never have to worry where to draw the line. And besides doing good things, will help you get rid of your guilt. Following Margaret’s example will just lead to more guilt.”

Darlene was starting to get interested. Getting rid of her guilt was her main goal. Would it hurt to try Doreen’s way? Then she noticed that Margaret was looking at something.

“A pickup truck is heading this way. Watch me crush it.”

“Wait Margaret, this is my world. Let me meet with them.”

 

Bob, Rick and Tom were having a blast driving down the shore road. Then they spotted the goddess on the horizon.

Bob: “Oh no it’s Darlene, and she got friends. Let’s get out of here.”

Rick: “No wait. I bet they don’t even know were here. I say we drive right under them. “

Tom up to this point was hypnotized by the beauty of the goddess said”

“Are you nuts?”

Rick: “Hey if we pull this off. We could become famous. The three that challenged goddess and won. Besides I’m the one driving.”

Bob: “You better be right, about them not noticing us.”

Before Rick could respond, Darlene starting walking toward them and said”

“Can I talk to you for a moment?”

 

Rick slammed on the brakes. Deep down he was scarred of goddess. He had seen the destruction Darlene had caused on tv. He tried to hide his fear by acting brave, and though this stunt would eliminate his fears. Fears that came to the surface, the instant Darlene spoke. Rick turned the pick up around, and put the petal to the metal.

 

Tom: “You’re going to try to outrun her? I think it’s a bit late for that”

Bob: “What happened to drive right under them?”

Rick: “I changed my mind.”

 

Darlene was surprised and upset, that the pickup truck turned around. She decided to make them listen.

“Hey Darlene. It’s not a good idea to pursue them.” Doreen cautioned. Darlene ignored her.

 

Bob, Rick and Tom watched in horror as Darlene got closer and closer. Then she walked right over them and placed her hands in their path.

 

“Abandon truck” Rick cried as he and his friends jumped from the truck just before it crashed into Darlene palm.

“Oh no what have I done?” Darlene cried as the truck crashed and burst into flames. Then she noticed what appeared to be three ants on the ground. And realized they must be the people from the truck.

“Are you guys all right?” Darlene asked. When she got no answer, she tried to pick one of the men up.

 

Rick watched as Darlene tried to pick up Bob. But she was so big it was like a normal woman trying to pick up an ant with her bare hands. She ended up crushing him to death with her fingers. He then watched as his buddy body parts rain down on to the ground below.

 

“Oh no. I can’t do anything right.” Darlene cried when she realized she crushed someone between her fingers.

 

Margaret was smiling like a cat. Then she said” “This is proof, your an evil goddess at heart.”

Doreen meanwhile was shaking her head, she was afraid something like this would happen.

 

“Its takes time and practice to learn how to handle tiny people. “

Darlene turned to face Doreen and in the process crushed Tom.

“Darlene I would watch where you step.”

Darlene looked down and saw only one person. Realized the other guy must be under her foot, she got very upset.

“Clam down. Accidents happen to even the gentlest of goddess. You’ll…”

“Don’t listen to Doreen. There just men, injured men at that. Your doing them a favour by killing…”

“Leave me alone. Both of you.” Darlene then ran off.

 

Rick tried to crawl away, but had too many broken bones.  He noticed the red head looking at him. He didn’t like that look. He saw her foot come down on him, Rick though he was a goner. But then a huge hand came between him and the foot. Protecting him.

 

“You’re not crushing this man.”

To Doreen’s surprise Margaret did not get mad.

“This bug does not matter. I’m succeeding in my main goal.  Getting Darlene back into evil habits.”

“You haven’t won yet. A little time and training and she’ll be a gentle goddess. She just needs to clam down.”

 

While neither goddess would admit it, they both wondered if Darlene would become a in-betweener. A goddess that was neither good or bad. An outcome both goddesses wanted to prevent.

To be continued