- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Chapter 1: “Undercurrents of Love”

An ordinary wife and her ordinary husband, married for ten loving years, are celebrating their anniversary with dinner. Amber, the wife, and Logan, her husband, spent the entire day preparing an extravagant meal for themselves, setting the stage for a romantic, candlelit dinner.


Amber, a tall, voluptuous woman, and Logan, a strong, muscular man, are both in their early thirties. They enjoy successful careers and live a relatively affluent life. Their house, while not a mansion, is large and exhibits a modern aesthetic. The beautiful, contemporary furniture scattered within adds to its charm.


A few months before their planned dinner, Amber was tidying up their office when she noticed that Logan had left his computer on. She walked over to it and nudged the mouse to awaken the screen. To her surprise, a browser window popped open revealing a story about a giantess. Intrigued as to why Logan would be reading about such a topic, she swiftly copied the link onto her tablet before shutting his computer off.


Moving to the luxury of their living room, Amber opened the link on her tablet. "Oh... wow..." she thought, reading the story. It was about a woman who, fed up with her husband, shrunk him and subjected him to torment, ultimately leading to his end.


She continued reading, the words on the screen captivating her. As she delved deeper into the narrative, a tantalizing warmth spread through her. The image of Logan, a man of impressive strength capable of easily benching 300 pounds, being reduced to a size where her nipple towered over him and threatened to overwhelm him, set her heart pounding and her senses ablaze. She was hooked and continued researching more about this fantasy, finding stories and sites. The power she felt while reading these consumed her. She wanted more; she wanted it to be real.


“Mmmmm, that smells good,” Logan said to Amber. Amber was cooking steaks, and at that moment, she had just poured some red wine for the red wine reduction sauce.


Logan loved her cooking — he loved everything about her. How could he not? She was smart, sexy, friendly, beautiful


Although their life together was content, Logan always yearned for more. He wished for Amber to dominate, to rule. He envisioned himself tiny beneath her powerful presence. Yet, he kept these fantasies to himself, fearing they would startle Amber. He cherished her too deeply to risk unsettling her with his unusual desires. 


Amber looked at Logan seductively. “Tonight is going to be something you’ll never forget.” With that, she turned back to continue cooking, making sure that Logan could appreciate her beauty.



Chapter 2: “Concealed Desires”



As Amber continued to explore the fascinating world of giantess fantasy, she became more and more drawn to it, discovering different genres and themes, and stories from various forums within a thriving community.


She noticed that there weren’t many stories about giantesses from the women’s perspective and found a niche she could take advantage of. In the ensuing months, she wrote several stories under the pseudonym “RedAngl” about powerful women who shrank their victims, focusing on the emotions and experiences of the giantesses as they exerted their dominance.


The community loved it, and wanted more. Giving her amazing reviews. Amber loved the attention, and enjoyed writing these stories. 


A notification noise was made on Ambers phone. She looked at it and saw the message was from “InsignifSpeck”. It read “Wow RedAngl, your stories are amazing. Do you roleplay? I really want to roleplay with you”


“Do I roleplay?” Amber thought… “Hmm, that sounds like it could be fun”. She responded with, “I have not, but I’m willing to try it out”. 


“Great! Let’s set it up then.” InsignifSpeck wrote


“Okay, how does this work?” Amber asked?


InsignifSpeck replied, “Well, we’ll need a setting, characters, and a scenario. Since you write giantess stories, how about you play the giantess and I play the shrunken man?”


Amber, intrigued by the idea, quickly agreed. “Sounds fun, I can definitely do that. How about our setting is a typical suburban home?”


“Perfect,” InsignifSpeck wrote back. “And for the scenario, maybe I've shrunk down to a microscopic size and I need to try and get your attention before it’s too late.”


“Alright,” Amber responded, “When should we start this?”


“How about Friday night at 8?” InsignifSpeck suggested.


Amber thought about it. That’s the day before their anniversary. She didn’t want to do it at home, so maybe she could get a hotel room… “Sounds like a plan. See you then, InsignifSpeck.”


“Looking forward to it, RedAngl” InsignifSpeck wrote back, his words carrying an undertone of excitement that mirrored Amber’s own anticipation.


Later, Amber told Logan that her company wanted her to attend a conference on Friday but assured him that she would be back for their anniversary.



Chapter 3: “Unveiling Betrayal”



A few days passed, and InsignifSpeck messaged Amber. “Hey, do you by any chance live in Connecticut?”


Curious, Amber responded, “Uh, yeah… why?”


“Oh that’s fantastic! I was thinking, wouldn’t it be great if you came to my place and we roleplayed this together in real life?” he suggested.


Amber looked at the message, taken aback. “What?! You want to meet in person? Uh, why? I’m more comfortable doing this online.”


InsignifSpeck replied, “Aw, come on, it’ll be great fun! Look, if you want to do it online, that’s fine. But here’s my address if you choose to do it in real life: 1234 Maple Street, West Hartford. And I have lots of references from other women I’ve roleplayed in real life with if that makes you feel more comfortable meeting me.”


Amber paused. She looked at the address. It was her address. “That’s my address… how is that my address? Wait… is that… Logan?! Has Logan had other women over?! What the hell? No, no, no!” Amber was getting incredibly upset; she felt betrayed and wanted to crush him.


She fired back angrily: “No, the roleplay is off. We’re not doing this. Don’t ever message me again!”


Fuming with anger, Amber pondered her next move. Should she confront Logan about what she’d discovered? Should she consider divorce? Was it time to consult a lawyer? As these questions swirled in her mind, she continued to browse a giantess forum where she stumbled upon an old post. Someone was claiming they’d figured out how to actually shrink people. The post was a decade old and had been met with skepticism from everyone who responded, they all declared it impossible to truly shrink someone. Intrigued, Amber decided to message the original poster, ShrinkerX. She thought, “Why not? Let’s see what they have to say.”



Chapter 4: “The Alluring Abyss”



“Ding!,” Amber’s phone chimed. She glanced at the screen and saw a new message from ShrinkerX. 


“Hello, RedAngl, Yes, it’s authentic. I can’t understand why people refuse to believe me. Producing it isn’t particularly difficult, but the ingredients are costly and hard to get. I’ve managed to perfect the formula over the years since the post and have suppliers who can get me the ingredients easier. If you’re interested, I can make it and send you some. It’ll be $1000 for 10 grams, plus shipping, payable in Bitcoin. If you prefer, I can send it with priority shipping. It’s a powder that can be added to food or a drink. It’s tasteless and transparent. The amount ingested determines the degree of shrinkage. Each 10 grams reduces a person’s height by approximately a foot, give or take. If you aim to shrink someone to a millimeter as you stated, you would need about 57 grams. It takes about 10 minutes to kick in, but then the shrinking happens rapidly. This isn’t a fantasy, it’s reality. I’ve attached a video as proof of its legitimacy.”


Amber plugged in her earphones and clicked on the video, which loaded on her tablet. The video began with a shot of a wall lined with mason jars. A woman, presumably ShrinkerX, started speaking, although her face was never shown. She declared, “Each mason jar contains a man whom I’ve subjected to this shrinking formula. They are now my toys to be played with.” She then panned the camera towards one of the mason jars and zoomed in. As she zoomed, a speck in the jar seemed to grow in size until the camera’s zoom halted. It looked as though a tiny man was jumping up and down, waving his arms, but it was somewhat hard to discern.


She then moved the camera to another jar, and then another. As she did this, she mused, “Who is going to be my lucky victim today?”


Upon saying this, she withdrew the camera’s zoom and grabbed a mason jar. She brought the jar to the table, opened it, and tipped out its contents. She brought her camera very close to the minuscule figure. The camera adjusted, activating its macro mode, and suddenly, the speck transformed into a man who was getting up after falling out of the jar. He looked at the camera and presumably at the woman, and began to shiver in fear. He seemed to be trying to say something, but his voice was inaudible.


Then, the woman did something that confirmed this wasn’t a hoax. She reached out her hand, letting her fingertip hover over the shrunken man. The camera pulled back slightly to give a size comparison. The man was smaller than her fingernail, maybe a quarter of its size. Then, in one swift motion, she nudged the man slightly. The minor movement knocked him over Her finger then moved over the man, casting a shadow over the tiny figure with pure, unaltered fear on his face. The finger began to descend slowly down on top of the tiny man and just before the woman's finger touched him the video ended.


Amber set the tablet down, her mind racing. She was shocked with what she saw. Yet she was aroused. Ideas were forming in her head. She had a plan. 



Chapter 5: “A Fragrance of Memories”



Logan left the kitchen and headed towards the dining room table, his gaze drawn to Amber. Her tall, voluptuous form moved gracefully as she stirred the red wine sauce and added spices. The way her dress clung to her curves reminded him of the very first night they had celebrated their love over a candlelit dinner.


Suddenly, Amber caught his eye, turning to him with a seductive smile. “Tonight is going to be something you’ll never forget,” she said, her voice filled with promise. Her smile, her beauty—it reminded him of why he had fallen in love with her ten years ago. Vivid memories of their times together began to flood his mind.


She turned back to her cooking, flipping her hair in a way that made her look even more stunning. Logan realized that she was doing this on purpose; she wanted to tease him. The combined aroma of the reducing wine, the perfectly cooked steaks, the mashed potatoes, the roasted vegetables with butter, and the French onion soup filled the air. All of this—it was overwhelming and, at the same time, intensified his feelings of guilt.


Logan's guilt was beginning to overwhelm him. Here he was, some would say the luckiest man in the world. He was living a good life, with the most wonderful woman in the world. Yet not so long ago, he had invited another random woman over while Amber was at her conference, all just to satisfy his kinky itch.


Logan began setting up the table. He retrieved the basket of rose petals, strategically scattering them on the floor. He dimmed the lights and lit a few candles, fostering a romantic atmosphere. He then set the table and turned on some soft, romantic music, all the while wrestling with his guilt. “Just forget about it, leave it alone. Don't do it again, Logan, don't invite another woman over. She doesn't know, so you're okay, just leave it behind,” these words repeated over and over in his mind.


“Dinners Ready”



Chapter 6: “A Toast to Revelations”



The lights were dim, candles flickering and casting long shadows, the melody of one of their favorite love songs playing softly in the background. Amber sways over into the dining room moving seductively along the path of the roses Logan scattered. In her hands she held a tray containing two bowls of french onion soup.


“Every breath you take”


She returned to the kitchen and reemerged again with two plates. On each was a perfectly cooked medium rare steak covered in a glossy wine reduction served on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes and colorful vegetables. Amber's eyes met Logan as she made sure to place his plate in front of him.


“Every move you make”


Finally, Amber took her seat at the table. Logan, trying to play the part of the gentlemen, got up, pulled out her chair and then gently pushed it back in once she was seated. Amber's smile never wavered, but Logan noticed something in her eyes and it was making his heart flutter.


“Every bond you break”


Amber grabbed the bottle of wine on the table and made sure to pour it for Logan and herself. She then raises her glass up to toast and says: “To the crossroads where paths diverge, to the chapters that close, and to memories that remain eternal.” Logan raised his glass in agreement.


“Every step you take”


As they both commenced their meals, Amber and Logan both reached for the french onion soup.Logan taking a spoonful the flavors of the soup flooded his senses.


“Mmm” he moaned, the warmth of the soup soothing his nerves. “This is absolutely incredible.You outdone yourself tonight” Logan declared, glazing at amber.


Amber simply offered a warm smile in response. Her eyes, however, remained trained on logan as he continued to savor each mouthful.


Their spoons hit the bottom of the now empty bowl as they finished their soups. They both set them aside to make room for the next course. Amber watched with bated breath as Logan cut into the juicy steak. The aroma of the wine reduction sauce wafted from his plate, making his mouth water in anticipation.


Too excited to begin eating, Amber watched as Logan slowly brought his fork to his mouth. Her anticipation grew as the fork got closer to its destination. Logan opened his mouth and bit down on the tender meat. The flavors exploded in his mouth, unlike any steak he’d ever had before. A groan of pleasure escaped him as he swallowed his first bite.


Amber's eyes sparkled with a happiness Logan hadn't seen in a while. She was glowing in excitement and anticipation that made him begin to wonder what he was missing? But any concern was quickly washed away as he continued to consume this divine meal.


“I'll be watching you”



Chapter 7: “The Unfolding Fantasy”



As Logan finished his steak, Amber glanced at her watch. In approximately ten minutes, Logan would begin to shrink. If she had administered the dosage correctly, he would be reduced to a mere millimeter in height by the end of the process. At that size, he would become insignificant, invisible to Amber's eyes. It would be reminiscent of the story she had written for her role-playing session with InsignifSpeck.


After five minutes passed, Amber decided to broach the subject with Logan.


"Logan... I stumbled upon a story on your computer by accident some time ago. It was a tale about a Giantess. Curiosity got the better of me, and I ended up reading it..."


"Wait, what? Why were you on my computer?!" Logan interrupted, his voice tinged with panic.


Amber continued, "Logan, your computer was left on, and the browser was open to that story. I was simply turning it off. But that's beside the point now. I found myself captivated by the fantasy."


Logan interrupted again, even more panicked this time. "What? Why? No, I'm not into that. It was a mistake, a virus... You didn't see anything."


Amber resumed her explanation, "No, Logan, it wasn't a virus. The story was there, and you were reading it. And that's perfectly fine. Everyone has their desires, and there's no shame in that. However, it sparked my own interest, and I started writing stories. I believe you've read some of my work, right InsignifSpeck?”


Logan flinched when she mentioned his username. "Wait... No, no... You're not..."


Amber cut him off, stating firmly, "Yes, I am RedAngl."


Confusion clouded Logan's face as he replied, "Oh, but wait... We were supposed to have a role-playing session yesterday. You said you were at a conference. I'm confused... Why did you lie? Why did you cancel?"


The realization struck Logan, his face paling, and his breathing quickening. He didn't know how to respond.


Amber rose from her chair, pushing it back, and approached Logan. She gestured for him to stand before her.


"That's correct, Logan. But here's the good news: tonight, you'll have the opportunity to bring your fantasy to life," Amber declared, glancing at her watch. There were approximately thirty seconds remaining before his shrinking would commence.


Logan, his confusion deepening, stared at Amber, asking, "What do you mean? Are we going to role play?"


Amber chuckled, shaking her head. "Oh, no. There won't be any role-playing tonight, Logan. Allow me to set the stage for you. Picture our typical suburban home." As Amber spoke, Logan began to rapidly shrink.


Alarmed, Logan cried out, "Wait, what's happening? Stop this! What's going on?!"


Amidst Logan's dwindling height, Amber's mischievous grin widened. "Logan, you're shrinking. The meal you consumed contained a substance designed to reduce people in size. Isn't this what you desired?"


Logan found himself now at chest height, once towering over his wife. Fear crept into his voice as he pleaded, "No! Please, stop this!"


Amber's laughter filled the room as she raised her stiletto, now towering above the significantly diminished Logan.



Chapter 8: “The Terrifying Grandeur”



Logan, paralyzed by terror, looks up at Amber, who now looks like a colossal deity above him. His eyes widen as her stiletto, gargantuan and intimidating, elevates off the ground, casting a chilling shadow over him. He can clearly see the soil, hair strands, and the fearsome ridges underneath her red sole. Every detail is a horrifying testament to his vulnerability.


“Run, Logan,” Amber instructs, her voice booming, the sound echoing off the surrounding walls. As she speaks, the shoe begins its descent towards him, hurtling with a speed and force that seemed beyond comprehension. Fear triggers Logan's reflexes, and he lurches forward, his every nerve screaming for him to escape. As the shoe draws near, the world around him dims, his vision consumed by the monstrous sole of the shoe. The familiar details of his surroundings disappear, swallowed up by the encroaching expanse of the shoe's underbelly.


With a deafening “CRASH!” that echoed like the sound of a meteor strike, the stiletto makes contact with the ground. It narrowly misses him, but the shockwave from the impact flings Logan to the ground. Struggling to his feet, Logan looks up, his heart pounding in his chest. The sight that greets him is surreal. The stiletto towers over him, resembling a skyscraper more than a shoe, connecting to a structure of unfathomable height and grandeur - Amber's leg. The rich smell of leather, tinged with the unmistakable scent of Amber's foot, fills his nostrils. He can hear the leather groaning under the strain, each sound reminding him of the crushing force it could exert.


Every moment feels desperate and fraught with danger, as though he's standing on the precipice of his own existence. He is no longer Logan the man, but Logan the minuscule - an insignificant speck in Amber's world. His heart pounds in his chest like a trapped bird, fear and the instinct for survival the only things driving him on in this overwhelming new reality.


Almost immediately, the stiletto raises once more, this time ascending even higher, and strides forward with confident momentum as the celestial figure of Amber casually walks away. Each step she takes triggers seismic tremors that leave Logan struggling to keep his footing.


Seizing a brief moment of respite, Logan gulps in desperate lungfuls of air, attempting to re-center himself amidst the shock. He scans his surroundings, registering the colossal rose petals strewn across the floor, a chair that rivals the grandeur of the world's tallest buildings, and scraps of food - each piece as large as a house - fallen from the table.


“Thud…Thud…THUD…THUD!” The quaking ground announces Amber's approach, her stilettos sounding louder and more menacing with every step. She halts a fair distance away, yet her sheer scale is still too much for Logan to comprehend.


“You’ve caused quite the mess, Logan, scattering these petals all around. Seems like I’ll have to clean this up,” she chides lightly.


With that, she wheels out a Dyson vacuum, its size now unimaginable to Logan's perspective.


“WhirrrRRROOOOOOM!” The vacuum hums to life, its roar louder than anything Logan has ever encountered.


A terrifying thought dawns on Logan. “She isn't going to vacuum me… is she?” But even as he thinks this, the vacuum's nozzle sweeps dangerously close.


Reality strikes him with the force of a freight train. This isn't a nightmare; it's his life. Amber is vacuuming, and if he wants to live, he needs to run.


“Whir,” “WHIR,” the noise of the vacuum grows louder and more ominous as it draws nearer. Each pass it makes creates a forceful pull that Logan struggles to resist.


“Whir,” “WHIR,” Logan sprints for his life, watching helplessly as the scattered petals and food get sucked away each time Amber passes the vacuum over them.


“WHIRRRRR!” Logan dares a glance behind him even as he pushes himself to run faster. The vacuum is practically at his heels. The sound is deafening, the suction stronger, dragging him backward despite his efforts. Eventually, the pull of the vacuum is so strong that Logan can't move forward any longer. He topples over, clawing at the ground, but it's futile. The force drags him towards the gaping maw of the vacuum. Abruptly, a rogue rose petal whirls into him.


Logan's feeble grip breaks and he's ensnared in the rose petal. Together, they are sucked into the vacuum. His world is plunged into darkness, the overwhelming drone of the turbine echoing in his ears. Then, light flashes back abruptly as he's hurled violently into a transparent, circular chamber. Cocooned by the rose petal, the crushing g-force of the vacuum's whirlwind tosses him relentlessly. Consciousness begins to slip away, and as his vision dims, the final image he perceives is the sight of Amber’s towering legs.



Chapter 9: “Power’s Pendulum”



The intoxicating feeling of power, the rush of adrenaline that Amber was experiencing, was unlike anything she’d ever felt before. She had reduced her husband to insignificance and now controlled his very existence. His survival now depended solely on her. Every action she took could have life-threatening consequences for Logan.


Amber’s mind was a whirlwind of scenarios, each one drawn from the stories she’d written and read, each one detailing a unique form of torment. She could enact any one of them now, on a man she’d once loved, a man who had once towered over her.


In the past, Logan had intimidated her with his sheer strength. Even though Amber knew that he would never intentionally harm her, there had been instances when his unbridled strength had accidentally caused her pain. Those accidental moments were persistent reminders of his potential to cause harm and had always lingered at the back of her mind.


But things had changed now. She was no longer the smaller one. She was a towering goddess, wielding all the power. She could cradle him in her palm and, with a simple closing of her hand, end his life with ease. The realization of her newfound control was exhilarating, making her knees weak. She’d never experienced such a rush, such a thrill before.


Still holding the vacuum in her hand, she’d initially planned to dispose of him. Now, however, she reveled in the prospect of their reversed roles. She reveled in the thrill of his life dangling precariously on the edge of her whims. The very thought was enticing, awakening a part of her she hadn’t known existed.


She found that she could no longer love this man, this insignificant speck as Logan’s username ironically suggested. He had betrayed her, shattering the bond they shared into a million irreparable pieces. Love, respect, intimacy — it was all lost now. Logan had morphed from being a partner to an object, a mere toy for her whimsical desires. She resolved to keep him alive, nourishing him only with the measly leftovers from her grand feasts. Logan would now experience life from a drastically different perspective, confined to a glass prison, observing Amber flourish and luxuriate. He would witness her welcoming new men into her life, while he himself endured the remainder of his existence within the cold walls of a jar. Like what SheinkerX did… yes, that was it, Amber thought. She would place Logan in a jar on a shelf where he’d have a clear view of their shared bed, forcing him to see her at all times. It was a constant reminder of who held the reins and why he was still alive.


Amber disconnected the tubing from the vacuum’s plastic container and upended its contents onto the floor. Retrieving a small mason jar, she punctured a few holes in the lid—providing the necessary ventilation—and opened it.


Rummaging through the debris of dirt, rose petals, and discarded food scraps, Amber’s fingertips sought Logan. Her search was painstaking, but eventually, she found him—lying amidst a fallen petal.


Her heart clenched. “Is he dead?” She questioned herself internally.


A wave of panic began to churn inside her. “I went too far,” she muttered, her voice barely above a whisper. “No, no, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Guilt and remorse seeped into her heart. Perhaps she had, in her anger, wished him dead, but faced with the potential reality of his demise, she found herself regretting those desires.


With a gentleness that belied her previous actions, she picked up the petal where Logan lay and placed it delicately inside the jar. “If he’s truly gone,” she mused, “I’ll make his final resting place beautiful.


Gently, she began to take the rose petals from the nearby basket, nestling them into the jar around Logan’s lifeless form. With painstaking care, she eased Logan off the worn, beaten petal where he lay. Carefully cradling him, she repositioned him onto a fresh, unblemished petal placed upside down in the jar. The new setting was like a soft, velvety bed, contrasting sharply with the stark reality of his condition.


Gradually, Logan began to wake up from his unconscious state. Amber caught sight of the slight movement and a wave of relief washed over her. 


Her emotions had become a complex web. Hatred, anger, love, fear, joy, sorrow - they all fought for space within her. She was tangled in an intricate dance of conflicting emotions. 



Chapter 10: “Drowned in Regret”



Logan awoke with a sharp pang of pain, his gaze instantly drawn to Amber whose head loomed before him, as enormous as the sun. A surge of adrenaline coursed through his veins and he scrambled towards the edge of the glass jar. But escape was futile. His desperate attempts at climbing were met with failure, each one yielding only more tears to sting his eyes.


Fear gripped him. Amber wielded a power that was nothing short of godlike. He was entirely at her mercy, and her demeanor was anything but kind. This woman, whom he had loved for so long, now inspired a terror in him like nothing he’d ever known.


Watching Logan’s futile attempts at escape, something within Amber cracked. Tears welled up in her eyes, spilling over as she echoed his fear and desperation. She choked out, “I’m sorry, Logan. I’m so very sorry.”


Logan froze, his face a tear-streaked mask of terror. He turned slowly to face Amber. Despite her towering presence, her countenance now mirrored his own – fear, regret, and sadness. He ventured towards the center of the jar, never breaking eye contact.


As he took those cautious steps, a single tear from Amber’s face plummeted into his small world. The salty, warm droplet knocked him off balance and he was instantly submerged, drowning in the pool of her sorrow.


His desperate attempts to stay afloat were in vain as more of her tears came raining down, each one a wave threatening to snuff out his life. The volume of water grew with each of Amber’s sobs, filling the jar and his world. His muffled cries for help were swallowed by the ever-rising tide of her remorse.


Unaware of the havoc her tears were wreaking, Amber’s voice trembled with genuine regret, repeating over and over, ‘I’m sorry, Logan. I’m so sorry. I went too far. Please forgive me.’ Each apology was punctuated by a sharp intake of breath as she fought to stifle her sobs.


As Logan fought to stay afloat in the warm, salty waves, he could tell that Amber really was sorry. He was trying to survive in a sea made from her tears. His feelings were all over the place, but in his heart, he knew he had forgiven her. He started to feel tired, lacking the energy to keep fighting. If this was his end, at least it was happening amidst his wife’s tears, each one showing her sadness and love.


Gradually, Logan’s consciousness began to slip away. This time, though, there was no fear - only love. He felt at peace, enveloped by the warm and comforting flood of Amber’s tears. He knew he was powerless to stop her crying; he was far too small and she was far too distraught to comprehend the calamity she had caused.


As the reality of his impending end settled in, Logan took one last look at Amber. Her beautiful face, the one he had fallen in love with ten years ago, was the last image he wanted to remember. As he closed his eyes for the last time, he murmured a quiet, “I love you.”



Chapter 11: “A Necklace of Remembrance”



“I’m sorry” were the last words Amber uttered before she finally managed to control her emotions and stop her tears. She wiped the remnants of her sorrow off her face and turned her attention to the jar.


To her surprise, she saw the pool of tears she’d unknowingly poured into the jar. Within it floated Logan, the tiny speck of a man whom she now realized she still loved.


“Logan?” She questioned softly, but he didn’t respond. Bringing her face closer to the jar, she called out louder, “Logan!”


Still, no movement. Just a tiny speck floating in a tear-filled abyss.


“No, no, no. This can’t be happening. Logan, please wake up. Logan, please… wake up… please. No…”


The realization began to sink in. Logan had drowned in her tears. The tears that were meant to comfort him had become his downfall.


Panicked, Amber pulled away from the jar in disbelief. She had killed him. He had drowned in her tears. Her heart pounded in her chest as she moved back to the jar, delicately inserting her finger to try and lift him out of the water with her exposed underside of her nail. 


“Logan, wake up, please wake up,” she begged, but there was no response.


Suddenly, Amber felt scared and alone. She crumpled to the floor, her gaze fixed on the jar. Inside, the tiny body of her husband lay peacefully on a bed of rose petals.


She began to sob again, her tears falling freely, not out of remorse but because she had lost something - someone - she deeply cared about. She found herself reminiscing about the life they had shared over the last ten years. It wasn’t perfect, but it was a life filled with love.


She wished Logan had been open with her about his fantasies, instead of keeping them hidden. In a whisper barely audible even to herself, she murmured, “I wouldn’t have judged you; I would have just loved you more.”


As the thought resonated, she came to a realization: she too was at fault. She had concealed her own newfound desires from him. She found a painful irony in the fact that they had both ended up wanting the same thing, yet it had all fallen apart.


Amber didn’t move. She just lay on the floor all night, beside this glass jar. She didn’t sleep, she just stared at it, processing her emotions thinking about each other. 


Finally, after spending the entirety of the night on the floor, and most of the next day too, she finally got up. 


In the quiet moments that followed, Amber felt a deep wish inside her. She wanted to keep Logan’s tiny figure with her always. It was more than just having a part of him; it was her way to keep living life with him by her side. She believed that this was the smallest tribute she could pay to their love. She wanted to make sure that even though he was gone, he’d be a part of her life every single day. She’d carry him close, his presence a quiet reminder of their shared dreams and love.


Still dressed in yesterday’s attire, her makeup smeared from the tears, she ventured out to a local arts and crafts store. Amber found herself purchasing the necessary supplies: clear casting resin, a small silicone cube mold, a stirring stick, and a disposable container for the mixing. She also picked out a simple yet sturdy necklace chain.


Back at home, Amber painstakingly followed the steps to create the resin cube. She carefully mixed the resin and hardener, poured the first layer into the mold, and waited. After the initial layer hardened, she gently placed Logan into the mold, forever nestled atop the initial layer of resin.


She then poured the second batch of resin, making sure it completely covered him. She set it aside to cure, the wait seeming like an eternity. After several days, the resin had fully hardened. With a heavy heart, she removed the tiny clear cube from the mold, now containing Logan, forever encased in this transparent tomb.


Drilling a small hole into the top of the cube, she fastened a jump ring and threaded the chain through it. Now, Logan would be with her, a constant reminder of their love and shared dreams, forever close to her heart.