- Text Size +
Story Notes:

The following story is based off a tweet I saw from a user by the name of jellytea819. Link to the original tweet: twitter.com/jellytea819/status…

As always, thank you for reading. I'm trying out a new format starting with this story, so please let me know how you feel about it.

Special thanks towards Tinyguy33 for proof-reading this story. 

Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

For a better reading experience, read the story on DeviantArt. 

Foolish human, do you really think you can slay me, Demon Lord Zabukuya? Even if I were to fall now, I will come back in a 1,000 years, where I will reign terror over your pathetic world once more. No matter what you do now, your actions will be pointless once I reawaken as you will be long gone. I offer you this one last chance, join my army, and you shall gain immortality and power you can only imagine.” 

“Demon Lord, you’re equally as foolish to believe I would ever join your side. You killed my father, prepare to die. HEYAH!”

 “Then you shall perish, just like him!
 

--- 1000 YEARS LATER ---


FINALLY, I HAVE RETURNED TO THIS REALM! MINIONS, FETCH ME MY-where is everyone?”

To the shock of the Demon Lord Zabukuya, his throne room, once filled with worshipers every time he

had awoken, was quietly empty.

“These fools… they will pay for not preparing for my- ow my back, curse that hero for his attacks. Doesn’t he know it takes a lot of hard work to be revived once every 1000 years.”

The Demon Lord exited his throne room, the place of where he would always duel with the hero, and made his way along his dungeon. With each room the lord went through, he realized how empty his stronghold had become. Cobwebs and unlit torches were all that remained. The lord’s frustrations would only grow with each empty room.

“I swear upon myself, if there’s a soul still around here, I will punish them for their dis-”

As he said that, he felt the ground violently shake. Had a new hero already shown up to seal him? No way, it was far too soon. There were standards that all parties abide by. They were suppose to allow him to terrorize the world first before the hero was sent, let him flex his might.

HERO! YOU DARE ATTACK ME AS I AWAKEN FROM MY SLUMBER? PREPARE TO-” the Demon Lord yells as he enters a room.

No one was there. The lord’s frustrations only grew more, he started casting spells and launch them at the walls, blowing various vases and barrels just laying around. He stood there, panting after his fit of rage, taking in his destruction when the ground shook once more.

“That’s it, I am going to destroy whoever is out there attacking my dungeon. I will wipe their bloodline out of existence, no trace of their remains will be found.” He reached saw the light at the entrance of his dungeon, the same entrance many heroes had to go through in order to reach him. “For I am Demon Lord Zabukuya, bringer of chaos, destroyer of realms! I will not be made a fool of-”

 


Amber was rushing her way to work, she was close to being marked late by her boss. It did not help she was trying to run on heels. She could see her office building in the distance. Hope filled her body. The thought that she could make it on time, that her boss wouldn’t be angry. One more street crossing, and then she would be-

She felt herself step on seemed to be a huge rock on the ground. The rock rolled underneath her right heel, causing her to loose balance and fall forward onto the ground. She tried to throw her hands out to soften the impact, but she would ultimately face-plant on the concrete sidewalk. Other than the pain she felt on her face and knees, Amber felt embarrassed that something like this could happen to her and felt despair as she knew that her fate was sealed, she would be late to work.

 

 
The Demon Lord laid flattened on the ground. One moment he was running out of his dungeon, ready to face whatever human that was foolish enough to catch him on this horrible day, the next, he felt the weight of a dragon come crashing down on him. He knew he would not die, as only the hero can seal him away, but that didn’t mean whatever hit him didn’t hurt like hell.

“AH! FUCK! What in the nine circles of hell was that? What kind of creature wields that much power? Only the hero should be able to-” He could barely raised his head to see who had dared harmed him, as his body was mangled from the impact. For the first time in eons, the lord felt fear, as he saw that what had tried to end him was nothing more than a human, a simple looking lady, but she was the size of a castle. Before he could process what he was even looking at, a shadow engulfed him. He saw a massive shoe about ready to come crashing down on him. He tried to put up a shield, but both of his arms had yet to fully heal.

Never in his centuries worth of existence had the Demon Lord felt such pain. At least the hero had the courtesy to quickly end his suffering once he had been defeated, but these giants, they offer no such mercy. The lord felt his body slowly rising, he had become attached to the shoe of the mysterious giant, and felt it start to move forward, he knew what came next. For the first time in his life, he prayed. He prayed for the hero to arrive, to find him, to bring him a swift end. He would never come back, he would never harm another soul again. He just wanted to sweet release of death.

 

 

“Miss, I’m telling you right now, you must let me go. The world is in great danger! The Demon Lord is about to awaken at this very moment and he’ll plunge the world into darkness once more! Only I can stop him, save you and everyone you know!”
 

I don’t know anything about a demon lord you cute little adventurer, but if you want me to let you go… you first got to clear my ‘dungeon’~

“Lord, please have mercy on my soul…”