- Text Size +
Story Notes:

My first story in like... 4 years I think. Anyways, this is a story wrote based off an idea I saw on Twitter from a user named (Detective Swirly Glasses). I hope I executed the idea well. As a novice writer, I appreciate any and all feedback! Also to better enjoy some of the 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

First time posting on GTSWorld so bear with me if format is off. Wrote this in Word.

I should’ve known that there was something suspicious about this house. It was listed below average for what it was worth in the market and the realtor even had to disclose that the previous owner had disappeared without trace. I was in a bind, no… that shouldn’t excuse me from making such a reckless decision…

It all started not to long after I moved in, once I had finally unboxed all of my belongings did I start to notice some things were missing, even thought I was certain I carefully packed them. At first, I naturally blamed it on the movers and thought about filling a claim for them, but decided that considering what was missing, it wasn’t worth the hassle. Days after that, once I finally had the income to fill up my pantry did I start to notice so of my food went missing as well. “Great, a rat problem” is what I believed.

I didn’t know who the real intruders were until I decided to install a camera to find the nest, as the rat traps that I had bought ended up not working. I placed it on the fridge, with it facing some cabinets and very visible snacks that I had laid out. A few days later, I checked the footage hoping that it had caught a glimpse of at least something. Honestly, I would’ve much preferred having a rat infestation.

Tiny humans, walking across my kitchen table. Looking at the timestamp, it seemed they came out around the time when I left for work. The camera had picked up three, but I would later find out how many more truly lived within my home. I saw them climb into the glass bowl of trail max that I left out, transporting a piece at a time towards one another. I sat there, feeling like I just discovered that Bigfoot was real, but instead of a huge hairy human, I had a group of much smaller humans running around my home.

Burrowers, I learned they were called burrowers. A woman known as Mrs. May had first told a story of these creatures, although she herself had never seen them. Looks like they were real alright. I didn’t what I should do at first, if I should make contact, leave them be, or call an exterminator to get them out of my home, yes my home, not theirs.

Ultimately, I chose to leave them be. I considered them to be like any other household pest that makes their home somewhere out of sight and leaves you alone. Days of living with my newfound freeloaders soon became a year. I wasn’t sure if they knew I knew they existed, but they never made an attempt to make contact, nor did I.

I wish I did more on my final day as a normal person, but granted, how could I ever foreseen these turn of events. Pretty sure I had a pizza that night, and spent a few hours catching up on one of the trending animes of the season. I could’ve at least been given a chance to write my will. Anyways, that night I went to bed like any other night, and when I woke up, she was staring at me.

It worked!

Those were the first words I hear before she reached to grab me.

Joan Violin, the one who captured me. I learned of her name from one of the other members of her tribe. I also learned as to how my home found its way upon the market. Before me, lived a woman named Jenny. She had dabbled into the arts of witchcraft, having numerous books of spells and the likes, whatever people like her do. Unlike me, she was very connected to the burrowers that lived with her, with Joan being her favorite. Every night, they would hang out, talk about their interests and lives. Jenny would read to Joan passages and spells from her book to Joan, and even let her help with making potions. And how does Joan repay their friendship? By finding a way to develop a shrinking potion and using it to shrink her suppose friend!

Sorry, letting my emotions get the better of me. Jenny was the first victim, and eventually I became the second. I don’t know how Joan created the potion that she used to shrink us, as she keeps it a secret. As for why she shrank me?

Your value as a giant has come to an end. You humans were always meant to serve our kind, I’m just finding a better purpose for you is all.

I was soon thrown into a bag, which where I first met Jenny. I had no clue how she looked before Joan stole her life, but here, she looked abused, cradled into a ball. I tried to chat with her, but she wouldn’t respond. Soon, I would join her in serving our new “Master”. Joan made us to degrading tasks, such as bringing her food and rubbing her huge and often dirty feet. How I wish I could go back to my office job. I would eventually realize why Joan actually shrank me, as I overheard one of her conversations with her people. She would not stop at just me and Jenny. No, she had plans, a desire to create a population of human slaves that would worship her kind. My house was just the beginning, she shrunk me because she was ready to make her move. These creatures may call themselves Burrowers, but at least for Joan and her group, I have a more fitting name for them.

 

The Abductors.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for taking the time to read this. As a novice writer, I appreciate any and all feedback!