- Text Size +

“I-Impossible,” Lily denied the thought. “There’s no way that those could be Mom’s...”

Suddenly, Michael observed something on the edge of the titanic heel that confirmed his suspicion. “Um, Lily, you know how Mom always marks her stuff with her initials?”

“Yeah, she always writes ‘E.S.’ on her stuff in a red sharpie. Why? Wait a sec...”

“Can you see it? Right there...” the older sibling pointed towards a section of the shoe tread where two letters were clearly visible.

“E...S...” The youngest Spiral gulped as she took a few steps backwards. “That’s...That’s Mom’s shoe...No way...”

“I know, I can’t believe it too,” her brother admitted. “How the hell did she get so huge?!”

“I don’t know either, but I bet she’ll be on TV.”

“Lily, we have to try to get her attention,” Michael explained.

“Why? Shouldn’t we let the police handle this?”

“You know how Mom gets...”

“You’re right!” Lily exclaimed. “We gotta stop her...NOW!”

-----

“It’s...it’s so tiny...” Miss Spiral said as she crouched down to get a better view of the city by her feet, unknowing of her current situation and that every single one of her movements could have cataclysmic consequences to the world around her. For all she knew, she simply walked in the wrong direction into an empty field where a child had forgotten one of their toys. Bringing her face between her knee’s to examine the “toy”, she was amazed at the detail the little thing contained: Lights flickered in the skyscrapers, little multicolored dots that represented cars sped through the streets, and even smaller than that, itty-bitty specks of dust acted like people. Toys these days sure were getting advanced, she thought. Miss Spiral giggled slightly, imagining that the city actually was real and she was a titaness to the microscopic inhabitants below. How little she knew how true that statement was...

-----

“So, how are we going to reach Mom?” Lily asked as Micheal took a turn in their car, the two not finding much trouble getting through the streets as every other citizen was panicking for their lives at the sight of such a massive woman.

“...I’ll think of something.”

“We’re all doomed...” Lily facepalmed.

“Not necessarily...”

Lily then looked at her brother with a disapproving glare.

“Yeah, alright, so we’re doomed,” he admitted. “But at least we can TRY to do something.”

“I guess, but if we don’t succeed, I’m telling Mom it was all your fault.”

“How is it MY fault?!”

“I dunno, but everything is usually your fault,” Lily explained. “Ruining my last birthday: Your fault. Causing the power to go out in the house the other day: You plugged in your PS3 and caused the blackout. And now Mom is big enough to step on the entire city with probably just one of her toes: This has you written all over it!”

“Ugh, we shouldn’t be arguing right now about this,” Michael sighed as he accelerated the family vehicle. “And besides, I think I know how Mom got so big.”

“How? Did you build a growth ray to zap Mom as a bonus gift for today?”

“NO! But think about it for a sec: What happened to Mom today?”

“She went from a hot mom to a mega-hot mom,” Lily sighed. “Wasn’t that obvious from the dinner hug? Well, that and her outfit now barely fitting her.”

“Exactly!” Michael exclaimed. “Something had to happen to Mom during the surgery for her to get THIS big. I mean, c’mon, I could understand a few inches taller, but a few dozen MILES taller?! There’s something not-”

“Just stop talking and drive!” Lily demanded. “Let’s just stop Mom and go home. I don’t want to miss tonight’s new episode of my favorite show.”

“You’re thinking of TV at a time like this?!” Michael said as he wanted to perform a facepalm of his own, but he could not take his hands off the wheel. “Ugh, let’s just hope we reach Mom before she does anything...”