- Text Size +

"Here, I made some cereal for you!" Zayla smiled finally breaking her stare at Anna's feet to point at a bowl of cereal sitting on the table next to her.


"Eh? Isn't it all soggy now?" Anna asked.


"No! Not at all! I figured you would be up soon so I just made it a few minutes ago!"


Anna sat down and grabbed the spoon as Zayla gave her a bright supportive smile.


"What's with her..." Anna thought to herself. "She can be so weird one minute and so friendly the next."


Anna let out another sigh. Clearly understanding the mindset of her roommate was beyond her. Putting a spoonful of cereal in her mouth, Anna stopped suddenly feeling another chill run down her spine.


Looking up towards Zayla sitting directly across from her, she was doing 'the stare' again...


It wasn't the same as being checked out by horny guys. In fact, it didn't feel like Zayla was really looking at her at all... It was hard to explain but it was more like Zayla was looking towards her... Like Anna was nothing but an object, or piece of the scenery sitting behind what it was that Zayla was REALLY looking at.


Somehow it made Anna feel even more uncomfortable than if she was checking her out. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Several prison shuttles flew over an ocean planet dotted with numerous islands before dropping their prison pods into the thick white waters below and flying away. The pods themselves had been designed to float if needed so there was no threat to the prisoners inside. Not that these specific prisoners had anything to worry about in regards to drowning anyways.


As the doors to the pods opened, dozens of prisoners began making their way outside. These humanoid creatures had webbed fingers and gills on their necks. They were just at home living underwater as they were on dry land, however; this thick white ocean was a different matter for them.


Holoprojectors on each of the pods activated combining into one massive projection of a female officer with long black hair in the middle of the group.


"The Calaarnon Family." the officer began. "Your group has been found guilty of collaborating in order to commit innumerable minor offenses, far too many to explain here. However; due to a lack of definitive evidence, the charges for your more serious crimes including murder and conspiring against the empire have been dropped."


"YA THAT'S RIGHT!" one of the Calaarnon family members shouted out "YOU AIN'T GOT NUTHIN ON US!"


Undeterred by the taunting, the projection continued her explanation.


"Because of this, your entire organization has been sentenced to banishment from the Empire to a planet on the outskirts of the galaxy. Please keep in mind that while the Empire has ruled we are not allowed to execute you for your crimes, we are also no longer obligated to ensure your safety on your new home."


"Heh, so that's their play." an older member smirked. He was the Don of the Calaarnon family and had fully expected something like this to happen. After all, it's what HE would have done himself.


"The final phase of transfer shall commence soon. May fate be the final judge of your crimes."


With that final line, all the holoprojectors sparked and exploded simultaneously rendering them completely useless.


"What do you think they meant by 'final phase of transfer'?" one of the leading members asked the Don.


"I dunno. I'm sure them empire bastards still have a surprise or two planned for us. Never expected them to just 'let us go' after all. Still... this..." The Don scooped up some of the thick white waters in his hand and tasted it with his tongue.


"This ain't gonna work boys. I don't think it's poison, but this water's way too thick. No way we'd see any attack coming under this. We should make our way to one of the islands over there."


The Calaarnon family began making their way towards one of the numerous brown islands floating around them. Being the leader that he was, the Don held back himself. He had no intention of setting foot on land until all his men had arrived safely. While his intention had been to be ready to fight at the first sign of threats, nothing could have prepared him for what was about to come.


A large shadow cast over the ocean as a large silver craft... no... at its size it must have been a capital ship... no even a capital ship might be too small to describe what it was... this silver flat juggernaut however became swooping down towards them at unbelievable speeds.


"BOSS! WHAT'S THAT!?" some of the men cried out pointing to the sky, the don however had no good answer.


"I never knew the Empire was keeping a secret like this..." he marveled to himself.


The silver juggernaut crashed into the ocean sending tidal waves of water crashing over and even moving the islands around them. The don had been lucky enough to have been in the water during the attack and as such was able to nimbly dodge. Most of his men however; had NOT been so lucky.


The sounds of screams were heard as some of the Don's men were caught between the cliff faces of the giant floating islands crashing into each other. Others fell into the water and seemed not to surface. All of that was at least explainable, but what followed went beyond logic.


As quickly as the large silver ship had crashed into the planet, it raised again, carrying on its back countless islands, countless Calaarnon family members, and even a large part of the ocean. Those left behind could only stare in confusion.


The break was short lived however as the silver craft returned now empty again though still dripping with white liquid.


Again the great craft shot into the air carrying a part of the world with it and again it descended to attack again.


"YOU IDIOT!" The Don cried out. "THERE AIN'T NO WAY I'M DYING HERE TO A FIGHT AS UNFAIR AS THIS!"


Time after time the silver ship crashed back into the ocean, and time after time the Don swam to escape it. It had been the hardest he fought in his life. He couldn't even comprehend how something so massive was able to move so quickly.


Finally, the countless attacks stopped. Several seconds passed and the silver ship was nowhere in sight. Neither were any of the countless islands that had surrounded the Don... Neither was any of the Don's comrades.


The Don had little time to grieve his fallen comrades however as he felt a mighty tremor hit the planet.


"An earthquake?!" the Don cried out. Honestly it wasn't totally surprising. The ceaseless attacks from the silver juggernaut craft had seemingly drained most of the ocean. It's no doubt that such a powerful attack affected the planet all the way down to its core. However, there was something odd about this current earthquake.


The waters were unstable at first but soon gathered in a wave heading in one direction as if gravity itself was pulling it that way. The strong inescapable tide pulled the Don along with it until he could see what looked like a large black void up in the upper atmosphere seemingly sucking all the white ocean into it. The black void was lined with giant white boulders and was unlike any cosmic event the Don had ever seen even in all his long years.


"Could this be... that 'final phase of transfer?' the Don thought to himself before allowing himself to carried into the void with the current.