- Text Size +

A prison shuttle made its way down into the deep foliage being careful not to hit any of the huge thick pink trees. It wasn't the first time it had made this journey to the outskirts of the galaxy, but that didn't make it any easier. Once it was hovering several feet above the ground, it dropped the prison cell pod attached to the rear before starting to climb again. Once it had gained enough altitude that even the tops of the pink massive trees were several thousand feet below it, it pressed the button to open the door to the prison pod.


With the door to his prison cell open, a humanoid creature with four arms exited into the jungle lands. As he scanned the horizon, the holoprojector on the pod flickered to life to reveal a young female Empire correctionary officer.


"Kung Kodo..." the officer called out his name, half her face covered by her thick raven hair. "You have been tried and found guilty of predatory business practices including selling faulty goods, money laundering, and coercion. The charges for the murder of family members and loved ones of your countless clients have been dropped due to a lack of evidence and as such you will not be given the death penalty. Instead you are hereby banished from the intergalactic empire and have been sentenced to live out the rest of your life on a planet on the outer rim."


"Don't talk like such a sore loser." Kung Kodo smirked. "So? Which planet is this one? Gornon VI? Tarabo IV? Don't think I didn't see something like this coming. My men will come pick me up me within the week."


Whether the hologram message was a one way recording, or if the black haired officer simply didn't care, she continued her explanation without hesitation. However, while it might have just been a glitch in the recording, the corner of her mouth did seem to rise slightly into a smirk.


"While the Empire has ruled that we shall not execute you for your crimes, we also are under no obligations to ensure you are kept safe as you are no longer one of our citizens. The planet we have sent you to is warm and does have water and food... of a sort... however; whether you live or die is now up to fate."


Once the message was finished, the hologram projector malfunctioned before exploding in a shower of sparks as if to demonstrate that Kung would not be able to repurpose it to call for help.


"Ah, so that's what it is..." Kung frowned now alone again. "Essentially, if we can't kill you legally we will just send you somewhere certain to kill you accidentally." 


Kung had expected to find a trap like this awaiting him. The court proceedings went too smoothly, almost as if the Empire knew they would win either way. While he had heard mention of banishment numerous times before, he had never heard of the fate of anyone who had been banished. It was as if they had just vanished from existence which was far too suspicious.


"But too bad for you! I don't die easily!" Kung shouted to the sky. "Who do you think I am? I'm Kung the Contractor! Just you wait! Give me day and I'll have this place looking like a paradise you'd pay me to visit!"


His determination rekindled, Kung's first task would be to scout out the area.


He spent a good hour or so walking through the forest. The thick pink trees seemed to go on for miles, each spaced perfectly apart as if planted by hand. The atmosphere of the planet was very humid and warm with a peculiar smell to it and the ground itself felt spongy under his feet. He also managed to find rocks scattered here and there almost as if they had fallen like meteorites. That would certainly line up with the damage to the surrounding area.


Even though the sky was still dark out, Kung could tell that many of the trees had taken huge amounts of damage as if pressed down to the ground repetitively by something unimaginably heavy. But what on earth could have caused this?


Every now and then he found large plates of shed skin that suggested there were some fairly large creatures living within this forest, but he couldn't find any signs of them. Had this planet just undergone some great catastrophe? But if that was the case, how could the trees be healthy enough to maintain such a strong colour?


As if in response to his questions, the entire forest became flooded in light. 


"What the?!" Kung began shielding his eyes with one of his four arms. It had been far too fast to simply be sunrise, but also far too quiet to have been a star going supernova. What on earth was going on?


The bright sun didn't last long however as it was soon blotted out by a large object... No... it was safer to say the entire sky had been blotted out by some celestial object. But what was it? A planet? No... the shape was too strange. Ovular yet with smaller spheres here and there. Specifically 5 small spheres attached to one ovular one connected to one large sphere.


Kung didn't have too much time to consider this however as he realized the massive object was rapidly heading towards him.


Walking backwards, Kung lost his balance as he tripped over some uneven ground. Looking down he realized it was in fact the corpse of a prisoner who had come before him. His body had been pressed so hard into the soft pink terrain that it was almost as if he had become part of the ground himself.


"Just what kind of planet did they take me to?!" Kung began to panic as the massive object rapidly came towards him. For the first time in as long as he could remember, Kung felt fear... then everything went black.