- Text Size +
Story Notes:

One of my first few attempts at writing. Figured it's time to post a story. Had plenty of influence for this idea and hope it's received well!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

I think I was born into this. Maybe it's amnesia. However I came to be here, It feels like it's where I'm supposed to be. It doesn't feel like it's where I came from though. Like I once lived as they do. On their phones, talking to each other, laughing and crying, and living life. I hold onto the idea of my origin like they do to their own identities. But she has always told me otherwise.


She is who I belong to. I've heard her name so many times, but it's forbidden to me. A series of letters that I have no rights to. Instead she is simply Empress to me. She once listed other rules that I'm to abide by. However I can't remember most. I mean I do what I'm supposed to and I live okay. Not like they do, but I'm a simple being. Given my circumstances, things could be far worse. 


Oh right, I suppose I should admit, I'm only 3 inches tall. Always have been, or at least that's what she tells me. I'm pretty durable also. Something about denser molecules or something she said once. I feel like for those in her world, this would be insanely frightful. For me it feels natural.


Speaking of, those in her world never interact with me. She has a fiancée but he has never once acknowledged my existence. Her relatives have seen me, and a couple of her close family have talked about me when I was there. It's almost like she told them to ignore me. She is the only one from their world who talks to me. The only one I'm allowed to talk to.


I believe I'm more of a pet to her. "Man's Best Friend" that can converse back and forth. I know everything there is to know about her. She tells me everything and talk about everything. The strangest part is it feels like that's how it's always been. Like if there had been a before this for me. It feels like we've always been connected and can just understand the other person. I believe there's a deep bond between us. I know what you're thinking. She is a giantess to me, she has a fiancée, and you're just a pet. I know it's stupid but I can't help it.


Besides being her pocket therapist, I have another job; tending to her feet. She says it's to remind me of my place in life, but I know it's more. She slipped up a few times when she was tired or drunk saying that she loved having me at her feet. That mainly came up due the simple fact that she knows and exploits how much I like her feet.


She says it's always been there and that's the one thing I truly believe. I mean, if I had a life before, what if I did love her feet? Maybe they are why I'm in this situation. However it's not like I've ever heard of anyone else shrinking before. How could I be the only one?


Contrary to belief, I've never tried to find out. I never once tried using one of their phones to look it up, or tried to run away, or ever defied her. I mean, what if I did come from their world? How could my life be any better than this? I get the food she eats, I get to cuddle up to her, and I take care of her feet.


I think it's clear to say I have a fetish for her feet. They hold a beauty to them unchallenged by anything that I've seen in their world. I've seen feet on the TV, and even a couple of her close relatives' feet. They just simply do not compare. They are my world and my reason for existing. 


I remember once seeing this older movie with her about a gardner with a simple mind who lived in a house for 40+ years. His entire life living in a big house tending the gardens of an older man. Learning everything from TV. However when the old man dies, he has to go out into this scary world all alone. Luckily he had a simple view of the world; seeing it like the shows and movies of the 70s. 


When I saw that movie, I realized that was me. I was a gardner to the most wonderful feet. I am a simple person who learns everything from the world above me. And if this world was to ever become lost to me, I'd be cast out into a cold fearful world. 


So it gives me a sense of pride knowing that despite all the odds, I have something that is mine. Something that people in their world look at in appreciation. Name it and I've done it. I've helped sand down the loose skin on her heels, cleaned the lint from between her toes, cleaned her shoes, and so much more. She's even snuck me under her toes before slipping on her shoes and going to work. Says it helps with her posture and feels good when she walks. However the way she wiggles and scrunches her toes says to me that it's more the fact she thoroughly enjoys it! Good thing I'm durable because she definitely gets the most out of me in her shoe.


However the one thing that my pride stems from is her toes. Being so small means painting her toes is far easier for me. So of course I take influence in the world above me, and I draw patterns or images I see on the nails of her big toes. I've done so many designs; flowers, barbed wire, zig zags, various anime characters, animals, vehicles, seasonal/holiday themes, and far more to even mention.


One thing though seems to always remain the same; I always paint them deep red. Sure a pink may sneak in for a beach day or a black for a fancy occasion. Her go to desired color is deep red. That kind of red you stare at to determine if it's actually a red. Almost like a lure to suck you in if the designs don't catch your eye.


I'd say at my size doing all of her toes takes a couple hours. Minus the actual designs. I could probably be a bit faster but I thoroughly enjoy being at her feet and want my work to look nice. And if I do a good job, she rewards me everytime. That is, as long as I clean up any mess I make while I'm under her foot. 


So her birthday is coming up. Of course besides some intimate and artistic time with her feet, she wanted something more. Something that spoke about how I feel. She says I've known her for almost 10 years. However I can only remember a few years back, I think. Gets fuzzy at some point. So I figured I'd write her this story as if telling a newcomer my origin story, erm, well i guess lack of one. 


So if you were a person I just met and was telling this for the first time, know I'm happy. I know I could dream of being one of them. Reality is I can't be. I am where I am. When I look up into her smiling face with those big happy eyes, I feel at home with her. I've imagined other lives I could have living as they do; having crappy people around me, or feeling foreign to the world around me, or even belonging to someone sadistic or cruel. I could be like that gardner cast out into their giant world all alone. But I have her.


There is actually a memory I have of her, the first memory I have. Like the first memory a child obtains and holds long into adulthood. Simply an ocean of deep red across my eyes is what I see. The reel of my existence starts there I believe. 


However that isn't my favorite memory. It was this one day she was on the phone with a close family member. She said, "If you're looking for the word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want no matter how much it destroys you, it's love. And when you love someone you don't stop, ever. Even when people roll their eyes, and call you crazy. Even then. Especially then." In that moment, I saw her look down at me and smile; eyes and all. I may not remember if I once had a life before, but I will forever remember that deep red of her toes.