- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

We meet our protagonist and learn how he found himself an unwilling toy along with the rest of his village.

It was early one Saturday morning, as the sun barely shone above the towering high rises of the city, the humans of 214 new way cres. slowly, one by one awoke. Many were rolling over for a few more minutes of peaceful sleep, unaware that a man was sprinting for his life.
Andy was a micro, a race of diminutive humans standing between 1 and 3 inches on average. He had been born a free micro, spared the cruelty of being used to breed the stock used as expensive pets, toys, and food until one fateful day.
The memory haunted him still as he sprinted down the hallway of the apartment complex. A human woman had found them, hidden under the roots of a tree in one of the cities parks they had been safe for years. He recalled how their peaceful life had been shattered as a hand descended from outside.
Before he could blink, she had snatched up Susie, his childhood friend, and crush and threw her in her mouth. Swallowing the 3 inch micro in a show of force. She arched her neck, red hair spilling everywhere as she traced the lump traveling down her throat and moaned. They all stood still for a few seconds before her massive predatory gaze locked onto the rest of the villagers and panic broke.
What happened next was a blur, he saw many of his friends and rivals crushed under her hands, their bodies and lives reduced to nothing but paste in the dirt but even more were captured and tossed in some strange container. Andy couldn't even run then, Susie had always protected him. Even amongst micros, he was small. Barely breaking an inch in height, he had been teased and bullied relentlessly. Now she was trapped in the humans toned stomach, and he couldn't do a thing as her hand fell upon him.
That was many weeks ago. The woman, he eventually learned her name was Rachel from one of the other humans she chatted with. Had used them all in various humiliating ways, demanding that they call her goddess and subjecting them all to untold horrors.
Yesterday, she finally grabbed him. On the brink of starvation, her fingers pulled him from his corner, where he spent his time trying to become even smaller. She had remarked at how puny he was, not even worthy of being a late night snack. Instead, she fastened the broken man's wrists and neck to a set of three chains. They all merged into a small clasp.
Smirking at him, she said nothing as she lowered him down past her dress towards her platform shoes. When he saw his destination, a cheep ankle bracelet he struggled, knowing that those that the only thing that would be returning to her apartment was an empty and bloody clasp.
Each step swung him around, shaking into her ankle and winding him, swing, smack! Swing, smack! Each swing brought fresh pain and a new bruise. He tried to cry out, his voice hoarse and cracked from weeks of captivity.
Suddenly the swing didn't stop, he was falling through the air, the cheap carpet rushing up to meet him. He bounced once, twice, rolling to a stop against a wall where he slowly blacked out to the sound of falling footsteps.
Several hours later, he awoke, the ground rumbling as Rachel returned from her night out. Half drunk and stumbling with her latest fling in tow, they were giggling and whispering about something. Her shoes crashed right next to him as she walked past. Each step from the pair bouncing him and aggravated his bruised body and broken ribs.
She slipped the key into her lock, and his tormentor and her date vanished into her apartment. He was free.
Whatever entity that had blessed him by sparing him a death from her dancing had a cruel sense of humor. His wrists and neck were still bound as he hobbled down the hallway, just trying to find somewhere to hide, but none could be found in the barren hallway. Even at his size, the door stood like impossible obstacles that he couldn't slip past, and even if he did, what then? He'd escaped Rachel, but now he'd either starve or get crushed in the hallway by someone passing by.
Andy was preparing for another sprint across a door when he felt the familiar boom of footsteps approaching. Suddenly, the great monolith swung inward, thousands of tonnes of wood displacing the air, sucking him towards the entrance. This was it. He'd be found and crushed just for the crime of being smaller than the humans around him. But the girl above him simply stepped out, black skirt swaying around her hips as combat boots flew over him.
The door began swinging closed, the air swirling around the edge and launching him once again. He crashed into something soft for once, the fuzzy ground breaking his fall. With a resounding boom, the door closed, sealing him inside.