- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I little one shot story for April Fools involving a character from the series Eldritch Sweethearts. Gots no smexy gots no seriousness. 

Author's Chapter Notes:

Know that I am innocent in making this lil, non-canonical gag story. I will not point fingers at who helped envision this story,

But they know who they are.

They know what they did 

Across countless facets of reality, innumerable planes of existence that defy reason, there are many feared throughout the boundless cosmos. The ceaseless expanse of infinity that is the yawning universe. 


The Bane of the Void, Aur'ashi. King of the Dwellers of the Dark, the fallen stars which set fire to the flourishing life of creation. 


Ruintrava, Lord of the Manic Hells, Queen of Dementia and Mistress to the bloodied spires of the Emerald Wastes. 


Hendrevel, Luminous Lord of the High Heavens. Defender of the thirteen Divine Gates, Vanguard of the seven Gardens of Paradiso, last son of the empty throne. 


All grand names, well known and respected  across creation. Believed to be infinite in power, insurmountable in influence. Yet all were subservient, lesser than the all mighty Rulers. The true dictators of creation. 


Thoughts made manifest, their wills undeniable, all knew to fear the might, the authority, of the Rulers. Not through common knowledge but by simple nature. Instinct. The need to know, to be afraid of one so powerful, was etched into the very cells of all things. From the most miniscule of bacteria to the greatest of gods with dreams fit to create multitudes. 


All fell under the undeniable authority of the rightfully feared Rulers.


But few were as feared as the Ruler of the Depths. Tyrant of the Deep Wastes, Invader Queen, Monarch of Trespassers. Murderer of the Lord of the Dreaming City and Matriarch of the High Heavens; fellow Rulers both. 


None in the cosmos were foolish enough to challenge the mighty Tyrant. Even when beyond her own domain, the Depths which plague the universe, burrowing beneath the skin of reality, her ire was never to be drawn. For if it ever were, even for a moment, ruin would come. Upon worlds. Upon galaxies. Upon all things until her rage was quelled. 


Cathay, forth Ruler of the ruinous Depths. Matriarch of brutality, mightiest to be born. Her legend was expansive, her very shadow feared. Trillions have fallen to her might, be they gods, devils, or aught else. 


None dared to challenge her. 


At least… that's how it was meant to be. Now times have changed, as must we all in due time. And change comes in many forms. 


For some, change comes in the form of discovery. Whether it be of love, passion for a craft, or the search of one's better self. 


For Cathay however, change came in the form of a red gloved fist strong enough to send her mountainous form staggering within the ocean of the Atlantic sea. Her steps narrowly avoided the chain of islands beneath her, the location in which her 'prey' had been thrown to the moment they grew unruly. Though the Tyrant did not fall, her shaded glasses plummeted into the one of the islands below. Wildlife scattered from the shattered eyewear as Cathay had several flocks of birds fly into her blonde hair. 


Her molten eyes burning in irritation, she combed her fingers through her hairs emerald tips, making sure to free any trapped birds. There was no point now in maintaining it as hee precious ponytail was all but ruined by this…


This…


"Bald Caped Bastard!" 


Yeah that


From one of the islands a massive blast of air shot out with enough force to tear the landmass in two and split the sea as it approached Cathay. 


Sprouting draconic wings from her back, the Ruler shielded herself from this 'Super Serious Punch'. 


The force of the attack was astonishingly powerful. Far more than Cathay commonly saw on this little planet named Earth. Even her own Depthborn, threats to civilization all, could rarely compare to this level of power. 


But she was no mere whelp. She was no lesser beast. 


She was the Tyrant of the Deep Wastes. Most feared of the almighty Rulers!


Turning on her heel the moment the pressure behind the punch diminished Cathay threw her arm as she spun around, backhanding her bug sized assailant. Her retaliation was expected though, and in turn her attacker met her house sized hand with an equally powerful, though vastly smaller, punch. The two strikes collided and the resulting shockwaves lifted the very sea around them. Above, the clouds dispersed and faded as below the now visible ocean floor cracked under the pressure of these two titans of power. 


"You'll find that even this fraction of my power is more than enough for a pest like you, Caped Baldy!" The Ruler growled. 


In response her attacker propelled himself onto her fist. With speed greater than any human could possibly muster they sprinted up the entire length of her football field sized arm in less than a second. Jumping the moment they reached their shoulder, the caped assailant launched themselves towards Cathay's lower jaw. 


"The thing about overwhelming power like yours…" the 'Hero for Fun' threw his arm back, tightening his hand into a fist that seemed to grow larger the closer he got. An image of death that flickered for just a moment before Cathay steeled herself for the hit. It came faster than lightning, throwing the Ruler's head back as, for a moment, she lost consciousness. "It's pretty boring…"


Regaining her footing again, Cathay brought her other hand down upon the hero, forcing them into another island below. She didn't care about what this once in a generation fighter had to say. She just wanted them gone. There was no way someone of her caliber would be, could be, bested by some One Punch Primate. 


"No. Boring would be wasting away at home, waiting for my girlfriend to get back from work!" Cathay retorted as she closed her fingers around her foe. Holding him for a few seconds she was no longer surprised to find the outlandishly strong human burst out from between the gaps of her fingers and launch himself into yet another island. 


"But that waiting is preferable to having to force you back into your stupid, overhyped MANGA!" 


It would be so much easier to just use her powers, her authority as a Ruler, to just get the job done. Though powerful, this little ape would be susceptible to that. The thing was that Cathay had made herself a promise. To not use her powers unless absolutely needed. This was her punishment, as it was her who brought this Manga character to life as a surprise for her girlfriend, Valerie. 


Besides, what use was there to even use an iota of her true power on someone she could just crush under her heels?


If she couldn't handle this ant without her crutches then what sort of goddess was she? 


"One last chance to comply." Cathay warned. "Or I'll rip you apart cell by bloody cell."


There was silence in the lush islands as Cathay hoped her threat was heeded. Instead, all she heard was a bored sigh. 


"I didn't ask to be brought here by some bratty housewife." 


That thin string of patience Cathay had been maintaining snapped. In an instant she appeared directly in front of her bald adversary, shrunken down to her human height of six foot four. Her thumb hooked over her middle finger clenched as divine energy flared around her body. 


Promise be damned she was sick of this imbecile. "Who are you calling a brat!?!"


In response, the Hero met Cathay's hit with one of his own once more. A Serious Strike that had everything thrown into it. 


The power behind both strikes met with such force that all around them the world seemed to fall to pieces. Cathay's meager flick of her finger tore apart the foundations of reality, tearing it all apart. The bald Hero's punch clashed against the unfathomable finger flick, spreading out and furthering the damage.


Cracks in the air took shape as the sky itself began to fall to pieces. Soon even the two combatants began to shatter as well, as all things simply ceased to be from the combined destructive forces…


***


"Ceased to be…" Atop a desk a snake wearing the helm of a crusader contemplated the direction of this story. "Ceased to be? No… that's dumb. Sounds like I'm trying too hard." 


Using his tail to delete the line, Viper07 continued his work to complete this odd crossover. Being no larger than his keyboard, the serpent spent much time writing even a single paragraph. Still the work was enjoyable and thus he could not complain. 


This story was proving to be a real head scratcher though. "Why on Earth would Cathay ever fight Saitama? Eldritch Sweethearts isn't Multiversal… I think." Honestly he wasn't even sure at this point. Perhaps that'd be something to pin for later. Might have uses... 


Bridges to cross in time though. Currently. Viper07 was too busy cursing his lack of One Punch Man knowledge. "Maybe I should have binged the anime…"


"You're not missing much." A voice reasoned. "They really dropped the ball on that 3rd season."


"Or at least that's what Valerie told me." 


Viper07 nearly fell from his spot on top of the desk. Fearfully turning around he found himself cast in the shadow of the Ruler of the Depths. 


"You… real… you're not… you… you…"


"You, you, you… is that all you can say?" Cathay taunted with a grin. Behind Her smile though, there was rage. Behind Her eyes, malice. "Tell me Snake, is the one currently writing my story too daft to think of a proper sentence?"


The Ruler demanded an answer. "Tell me Reptile, what was your reason behind tearing me away from a Saturday with my Valerie? Do you ENJOY making me mad? Do you WANT to be unreasonable!?"


"Speak!


Viper07 didn't know what to say. This shouldn't even be possible. Cathay existed only as words on the screen of his laptop and phone, not here in his room. Not in the real-


"AND STOP WRITING SO DAMN LOUD!"


"Sorry!" Feverishly the little serpent bowed his head in an attempt at forgiveness. "It was only a dare! A bet! For April Fool's I swear!"  


Cathay wasn't buying it. She'd need a far better reason than that. Wrapping her fingers around the serpent's frame, the Ruler plucked Viper07 off of his desk before taking her seat on top of his chair. "Why do you even have a chair if you don't plan on using it?"


"Aesthetic…?"


Rolling her eyes, Cathay observed the serpent's laptop. She searched through his browsers, his history, looking through anything that might give her the answer she wished to know. Someone was to blame here and she was going to find them. 


Eventually she stopped on a bookmarked page. "Giantessworld?" Searching deeper, Cathay found something that may have held the answers she was looking for. A collection of stories revolving around monstrous girls finding some sort of love life. "Eldritch Sweethearts…"


The more she read through the  descriptions of the stories the more she recognized faces and domains. Her old companion Gila and their husband Jason. Her Atlantic advisor, Mobula whom she hadn’t heard from in an era. There were the dual axolotls Ira and Abyssus in the Pacific. 


She saw the name of the Great Destroyer, Sathanastsia, and the name of the High Dragon, Ember. 


There was the fall of Atlantis, the destruction of the ship the Goddess of Death, and the incident involving a descending Destroyer. 


She saw them all. And with each story for every familiar face, there was an author behind it. 


Cathay's lips curled into a crooked grin. "Well now… this is interesting." 


One of these writers would be held accountable for actions here. Even if none of them were, what concern was that of hers? If she said they were to blame then who cared whether the claim was true or not? 


Once she was done with the little serpent in her grasp she'd be giving each of these writers a quick visit. Show them all why a Ruler such as her should never be toyed with or disturbed, even as a joke


And once she was done with them… perhaps she'd deal with those who made it this far into the snake’s little story. 


Readers


Writers


It hardly mattered to her. 


They'd all learn a much needed lesson in time. 








Chapter End Notes:

Well there you have it. A little, non-canon one shot for Eldritch Sweethearts. Is it part of the main series? Should it be taken seriously? Wouldn't you like to know wea-

<Oh, so are these the end notes of a chapter?>

Stop breaking the notes, Cathay. I was talking. 

<You were technically, technically. I'll do as I please. You'd do well to remember that, Reptile.> 

Well can you at least stop raiding my fridge?

<...no>