- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Pretty short and experimental, hope you like it!

So, if you’ve been… alive … the past few years, you probably know my mom. She’s the one you have to worship every day or else the religious police take you away for being an unbeliever. So, if you’re wondering what the daughter of a goddess is doing here writing a shitty blog… Well, I’m just bored, and I want to make people understand both my viewpoint and my mom’s. People say some really stupid stuff all the time, and it makes me really mad when I see it!!!

Sorry for the tone, I know you’ve never said something like that, dear reader. Anyway, lil history lesson. I know my mom likes to tell you all that she’s an eternal goddess and older than the universe and all that… but she’s only like, 38. Plus, she only got her powers three years ago. Believe me, if she had gotten them earlier she would have used them earlier. She doesn’t have much self-control. How she got them is a different matter, while trying to cook, work, and entertain my annoying little sister at the same time, she ended up accidentally fulfilling some ancient contract signed by our ancestors that gave her near-omnipotence. I know, it doesn’t make much sense, but you just had to be there, yknow? 


That’s about it really, just don’t go saying that in public. The religious police don’t like people questioning Mom’s official narrative, so consider it our little secret, just between me and you 🤫. By the way, I know finding this blog was pretty easy for you, but the extent of my mom’s knowledge of the internet is typing in ‘google.com’ into Bing, so I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t tell her about it. I’d get the chewing out of a lifetime, and she’d probably step on a city as well. She tends to do that when she’s angry. Or happy for that matter.

So, I bet you’re wondering what she was like before she ascended, right? (If you weren’t, start wondering!!!) Well, not… anything like she is now, at least outwardly. When it’s just us two she’s still the same woman she was before, but her whole persona is a totally new invention. Being a single mother at 22 was tough, but she became a successful businesswoman and was able to provide a good childhood for both me and my little sister, although we had to be alone with each other a lot. Wouldn’t have been so bad if she wasn’t so annoying!

Anyways, she was a good mom, and a generally nice person, although I overheard her chew out her underlings from time to time and she could be pretty vicious. That’s just part of business though. Probably. I’ve never had a job so I wouldn’t know. When she ascended she seemed to adapt to it much faster than me or my sister did, and she pretty quickly adopted this mentality where it wasn’t her job to ever be inconvenienced, rather, it was everyone else’s job to get used to living under her feet. If she was walking somewhere and there was a city in the way, she’d step on it and kill millions even though she could have just stepped a bit to the side, because she didn’t see it as her duty to try and change anything she does for the sake of the people. “Shouldn’t have built it in my way.” She would remark after stepping on one, and then she’d scrunch her toes and crush any survivors between them, just cause she could.

From there it really wasn’t that big of a leap to starting a religion based on her. The people needed to adapt to her new stature, and why not help them out a bit by having them all worship her. I kinda get it, but it’s really annoying to have to hear everyone worship my mom like she’s some kind of goddess! It makes me wanna punch something! The religious police are even worse, they’re all intent on destroying any literature or art that’s any interesting whatsoever, nothing’s allowed except boring ass paintings and books glorifying my mom. I’m glad she gave me my own country where I let people make whatever they want, but it’s still a shame how many brilliant works across the world are lost to this censorship. Ugh.

Rant over, my apologies but I need to express my anger somehow and yelling into the void is as good a method as any. My mom recommends that I step on a city or use a guy as a punching bag, but both methods just seem… really cruel. I don’t want to kill countless people just for something stupid like that, and I don’t think I could bring myself to just kick a random guy for no reason. I’d love to kick one of my mom’s stupid worshippers, but then I remember they probably get punished badly if they don’t worship her, and I don’t want to make their lives even worse than they already are.


My mom always tells me that I’m going to be a full fledged goddess soon and I should start acting like one, but seeing all that worship just makes me uneasy, am I meant to enjoy that? Maybe it feels better when it’s directed at me, and I don’t have to watch them worship my mom. I don’t know, I don’t feel nearly confident enough to deserve to be worshipped. I can’t even manage a conversation with a guy!

I can’t ask for advice either, nobody’s ever gone through what I’m going through right now! I’m sure some of you think I’m just a spoiled brat who has it all, but it’s way harder than it looks!! Ugh, I thought I wasn’t going to rant any more…. Whatever. I’d love to talk more, really, writing all this down is great for my mind, but my mom’s calling me for something. Let me know if you liked it and want more, xoxo.

Chapter End Notes:

I'd love some feedback, let me know if you want it to continue! If so, chapter 2 will be longer and have a lot more action.