- Text Size +

Ruby sat back on the palm of the girl as she moved around the room, content knowing that whatever else might have happened before, at least now he was on the road to recovery. It had been an unforgettable experience, and while some parts were not all bad in general he just wanted to put the whole affair behind him. Probably the first step of that would be talking to Vivian once he was full size to convince her to NEVER try anything like this again. The memories of the interior of her mouth and being at ground zero to one of her footsteps would probably haunt him for a little while.


The tiny trainers musings were cut short however when a small alarm went off, sounding like the sirens that had gone off when Groudon and Kyogre had had their massive battle sending the weather into disarray. Even Vivian herself had jumped a little bit, but she kept him on her palm safely as she rushed over to a bag she had hidden behind the chair in the room. Reaching inside it one handed she pulled out her phone and looked it over, allowing Ruby to see that she had set an alarm of sorts. Shutting it off she turned her attention to Ruby and said “Whoops, that late already? I guess it really is true, time flies when you are having fun.” As she was saying this she was quickly packing up, including placing the old book that had started all of this into the bag before swinging the whole thing onto her shoulder and walking away form the chair. “Like I was a little worried about times up and I have another appointment to get to.”


All of this would have been fine with Ruby, except after a moment the girl bent down and tilted her hand, letting him slide down onto the wood floor of the room and then straightening back up. Standing up himself Ruby turned towards her still not worried but expectantly, thinking that she was just setting him down before growing him back. Once more light began to fill the room, but to his great alarm Ruby saw that it was not centered around him, it was appearing over VIVIAN. Panicking the boy waved his arms and shouted for her attention, and thankfully the glow building up around the Hex Manic did not grow any brighter. However what she said was of little comfort as the girl misunderstood the boys concerns, and the glow never actually lessened. “Oh? Dont worry, I thought this might happen so I set up an appointment for Sapphire to come over here just in case, she should be here any minute. Now I really have to get going, I have so many people to...show this power off to now that I know it works. Like that Beauty girl who always used to make fun of me...” With those ominous words the light around Vivian reached its climax, and in a flash the girl finished teleporting away.


For a few minutes Ruby simply stood their stunned on the floor, scarcely able to believe what had just happened. The girl had simply left him here on the floor, no timeline of when she would return and stuck at an inch tall with another friend/rival on their way here. As soon as he completed this thought he became aware of a sound in the air, a rhythmic thud and creak starting distant and getting gradually closer. At last it seemed to reach the space just behind the only doorway into the room, and with an echoing screechy-creak the door opened to reveal Sapphire. The trainer and assistant to Professor Birch  was in her usual red, white and black outfit, complete with matching gloves and bandana around her brown hair. Ruby was not sure how to respond to the sight of the enormous girl before him, and struggled to come up with what to say to her to convince her to track down Vivian right away. Then the girl called out, cutting off his thoughts.


“Vivian! Vivian? Where are you? You said that I was supposed to meet you and Ruby here for something, so what was it? I know you said that you might not be here, but Ruby should have been.” The confused trainer then began to walk deeper into the room, her red sneakers thudding on the ground as she instinctively closed the door behind her out of habit. As Ruby watched her obliviously and unawarely walking in his direction, her head not even giving the suggestion of looking down he turned on his heels and started to run, unable to keep himself from watching over his shoulder as her feet brought her closer and closer. At the same time he mentally corrected himself on his previous disbelieving musings. Vivian had not simply left him here on the floor, no timeline of when she would return and stuck at an inch tall with another friend/rival on their way here, she had left him here on the floor, no timeline of when she would return and stuck at an inch tall with another friend/rival on their way here, and failed to inform said friend/rival about what she was doing or that he was reduced to the size of a bug!


Finally as May came so close that her shadow was covering him and he began to get good glimpses of the underside of her shoes as she walked, he pulled his attention away from behind him to focus on what was in front of him, namely hoping that he could reach the relative safety of the chair in time. Considering he was starting to feel the wind of her footsteps landing behind him, he had his doubts.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.