- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

First chapter in a brand new story! This sets up some background for most of the cast since most of them are original characters.

So, this is a predicament that I did not see myself getting into. I’d figured that I’d at least document my current situation somewhat. My name is Ethan and I may have irreparably altered the world by mistake. My family is a long line of physics and mediums. In any other world, this would be considered extremely strange if not for the fact that this fascinating world was populated by these beings called Pokemon. From what I remember of the stories my mother told me about our ancient ancestors who had bedded with physic types to gain their powers. Over the centuries our powers weakened until the oddity that I am was born. I was born with the strongest abilities that our family had seen to date. As a kid being told how strong you were at a very young age, naturally inflates your ego from the get-go. I decided once I was able to I’d go out into the world and see where my powers would take me. 

I didn’t even choose a starter before I left without telling anyone. My mother knew, of course, telling me she left supplies and money on the edge of the property for me. She said she loved me and hoped I found Pokemon that would call friends. Before I finally left I told her I'd be fine without any Pokemon. As arrogant as I was, I didn't think I even needed a Pokemon, thinking that I could do it without one. How funny it was that my perspective would change as I traveled the world. In total, I had caught 4 Pokemon, all of them utilizing physic powers as well. I may as well detail how I met them all.

I met my first partner at the young age of 12, two years after I left my family home. I found myself in a woodlands-like area, leaving some town in Kalos after I made a stop there for supplies. As I trod my way through, I suddenly heard explosions come from the direction I was walking. A group of Phantumps was chasing a Ralts, which looked in rough shape. Without thinking I stepped between the group, asking them what happened with telepathy. The child ghosts were angry that the Ralts I was protecting accidentally destroyed the food they had gathered. To keep them from continuing on their quest for revenge, I pulled a still-warm bag of macaroons and gave it to them. They flew off quickly, thanking me as they left.

 Once I got a better look at the Ralts, I realized that it was different. Its head was a beautiful color of blue and the crest on top was a deep orange. Not to mention that it was larger than any that I read about. It was still weary of me since it had barely escaped a nasty encounter with a type that it was weak against. After I gathered herbs and berries to make a healing salve and shared what macaroons I had left with it, I asked what its story was out of curiosity. She explained that she was one of the last lines of Alpha Pokemon that came from Sinnoh. She was minding her own business when a group of rock and ground types began a territorial fight. She was flung away and landed on the Phantumps food.

I felt bad for her after hearing her story and decided to help her a bit. I gave her some extra food I had and a drink from my canteen. Then I stood up, bade her a fond farewell, and went on my way. It seemed that she wanted to talk to me more, so she began to follow me once I was far away enough. I knew, of course, feeling her presence just outside the range of my detection. Once I found a new town, I stopped just outside its boundaries and let her catch up. She hid behind a tree as I turned to face her. I knelt down, beckoning her to come closer. I asked if she wanted to travel with me to see the world. I told her that I wouldn’t really participate in many battles or contests. I would only search for ways to see how far my powers could grow. She said she was ok with that and wanted to come with me all the same. So I hoisted her onto my backpack and carried her into town. I made my way to a Pokemon center and made a call to my mother asking her for funds for Pokeballs. She happily agreed, saying she was glad that I had finally chosen a partner and hoped my journey would go well. Before I could officially catch her I had to register as a trainer and receive a Pokedex. I bought a dozen luxury balls and presented one to her. One slap and Gabriella was my first Pokemon.

After four years of traveling, I decided to settle in a small apartment in Unova. To make money I opened a counseling business for people and their Pokemon partners. It was surprisingly lucrative so I was able to provide for myself and my partner as well as repay my mother all the money that she had lent me. During that time, Gabby had evolved into a Kirlia, and her power had grown substantially. My powers had grown as well and I was able to do more with them as well. Other than my telepathy, which had grown in range, I was able to move objects thrice my size and could put people under a hypnotic spell. I hadn’t needed to use the latter so I kept it secret. 

One fateful day, my last appointment led me to my second partner. A snotty rich kid came strutting through my door asking for advice about how to get his partner to battle with him. Gabby was eating lunch behind me as my appointment was underway. He released his Pokemon and I could tell that he was probably one of the worst trainers I had seen thus far. It was a Gothorita and it was in terrible condition. She was filthy, hurt, and looking half-starved. I secretly turned on a recorder in case he said anything that I could turn in to the police. He said that he has been having trouble trying to get his partner to listen to his commands. He wanted to challenge the Elite Four of the region. The idiot said that he tried refusing her food, slapping her, and generally not taking care of her at all. He honestly didn’t know what he was doing wrong. Gabby at this point was growling angrily wanting to take action. I calmed her down and told her I would do something through thought.

I used my hypnotism to have him release his partner into my care, saying a psychic type wasn’t easy to train without much experience. He did as he was told and released her to me and left saying he would find an easier Pokemon to use. He didn’t realize that I had put him under a spell that had him go to the nearest police station and give the evidence of the counseling session. After he left, I had Gabby take the Gothorita to the bathroom to clean up and heal any wounds she had. Once they were done, I made an extra plate of food for her. Once she was finished, I gave her a proposal. I could help her find a proper partner and continue with her life or she could stay with me and see where my powers would go. She whole-heartily agreed to come with me and wished to be caught immediately. I fished out another luxury ball and Grace slapped it without hesitation.

Just after my 19th birthday, I traveled back to Kalos to inquire about a mega stone for Gabby. She was still a Kirlia at this point but she wanted to get ahead of the curve. After we landed I let the pair out of their Pokeballs to get some sun. Gabby sat on my shoulders as Grace, who still hadn’t evolved yet either, held my hand as we walked. As fate would have it again, another chance encounter would lead me to my next partner. In the distance within our path, an oddly colored Fennekin was running from someone in a lab coat. As they drew closer I caught the Pokemon in a psychic bubble as the lab-coated person caught up. 

They explained that he was an intern at the local professors' lab and was trying to get this mischievous little fiery fox to stand still for a test about shiny Pokemon variables through bloodlines. It seemed like she wanted to get away from the lab and see what was out there. I offered to take her if she wanted and to let them know if anything happened to her while she was in my care. The Fennekin shook her head in agreement, but the intern wished to check with the professor first. I went along with it carrying her in my spare arm. Gabby and Grace told me that they didn’t trust her to behave but I reassured them that everything would work out. Once I convinced Professor Sycamore that she would be fine in my care, he gave us his blessing. She dug into my backpack and flung out a spare Pokeball. Francesca tapped the center of it with her nose and she was officially mine. I wondered if I was a shiny charm.

After a brief stint in Alola, obtaining a Z-ring and crystals, I found myself in the Galar region to watch the final matches of the world cup. I was camping out with my partners and making curry. I succeeded in obtaining two Dynamax bands for my research on increasing my power. Gabby and Grace had fully evolved at last and Franchesca barely evolved into a Braixen. She calmed out considerably and was helping set up the tent we shared. As the curry finished, I rang the dinner bell so to speak. As I served the bowls, an extra hand came into view wanting a bowl. A Hatterene snuck into our camp, seeking food. The others were shocked as I was that she had somehow snuck in. I gave her a bowl and served myself and asked if she wished to come with us. She agreed, setting her bowl down, and waiting for a Pokeball. I pulled out a slightly dusty luxury ball and she bopped it with the hand that sat on her head. Hannah was caught and joined the party. Sometimes it's surprising how easy it is to catch a Pokemon.

At the age of 22, I bought an island mansion far off the coast of Kalos. By this time, everyone was fully evolved. I’d have returned home but my mother had sold the estate and moved into a smaller house. I brought all the research I had learned over the years there with me. While pouring over my notes I felt as though I had hit a brick wall in trying to increase my powers normally. I read countless books and delved into ancient ruins but it still didn’t satisfy me. My last home was to reach out to a fellow psychic who happened to be a Gym leader. So I talked to Sabrina from the Kanto region and asked for her help. We got along surprisingly well since we had similar powers. She spoke of how when she was younger she would shrink unsuspecting trainers down to the size of dolls and put them in a model town where a psychic personification of her child self would play with them. I was shocked to hear how strong of an ability it was, especially since I had no way to physically alter a living being before. Her reasoning being that she wasn’t in the best mindset at the time. She only really stopped once some trainer with a Pikachu brought a Haunter to her Gym which made her laugh.

I decided to invite her over to my mansion to ask for her help with an idea I had in mind. Once she arrived, I proposed the idea of a ritual to see if I could gain any type of knowledge by seeing beyond the normal veils. A while I didn't notice it at the time, my four partners were apparently fidgeting while I talked to Sabrina. Later that night, we began our ritual. I sat in the center of the circle we drew while Gabby, Grace, Francesca, Hannah, and Sabrina sat around me. Perhaps I set something up wrong, my partners' minds were on something else or Sabrina was still thinking about shrunken people, but something went wrong. As I peered through, an influx of energy began to feedback into the circle. Without thinking I sent the group flying backwards before an explosion cracked through the air. 

This part was recounted by Sabrina and my partners, but the explosion had sent a shockwave of purplish-pink energy that surrounded nearly the entire island. As for what was happening in the center, I had flashes of images burned into my mind. Other worlds where Pokemon didn't exist. Ancient cities and advanced civilizations blurring together. Then I found myself floating behind the creator Pokemon itself, Arceus. I reached out to ask for help but something flew into my hand before I could. It turned, gave me a nod, and disappeared. When I opened my eyes, smoke surrounded where I sat. My body felt sore all over but before I could get a proper look, tremors and loud thumping noises came closer towards me.

Before I knew what was happening a pale had shot out from the smoke and snatched me up. I'm not gonna lie, I screamed, fearing for my life while keeping my eyes shut. That is until I felt a soothing spell wash over my body. I opened my eyes to see Gabby's face towering over me while she used a Heal Pulse. She kept turning me around to check for other injuries, making it difficult to talk to her. I had enough of it and told her to stop through telepathy. She made an "eep" ing noise and apologized, holding me in the palm of her hands. The others gathered around her, each looming over me, but not as tall as Gabby had become. Sabrina asked me what went wrong while we were performing the ritual. I told her my memory was hazy, but I told her what had happened. She frowned, saying she was uneasy about the whole thing but that there was nothing we could do for now.

Sabrina asked if I could talk to her in private, so I asked Gabby to hand me over. She reluctantly did and soon I was pulled away around a corner. She waved her hand behind her and a barrier seemed to form around us. Then she held her hand over my body and a bubble surrounded me and immediately popped. She cursed, saying that she wasn't able to return me to my normal size. I attempted to revert it myself to no avail. She said that since we couldn't fix it we'd try with our partners. Before we headed back, she mentioned that she felt something strange going on with them. I must’ve looked confused because she cut to the point saying she thinks they may be nearing their mating season. I was about to say something but screams came from where my partners were so ran to them.

They were hunching over, seemingly in pain. As we came closer, they began to glow, some sort of aura surrounded them. Each of them transformed before both of our eyes. Their chests and butts expanded into varied sizes as they grew more womanly features. The aura faded and steam seemed to rise from their bodies. I was never much one for paying attention to a womans body, but I had to admit, they looked beautiful. I had Sabrina bring over a few potions, in case they were hurt in any way. She helped give them a once over but there were no injuries to be seen. With more questions than answers showing up by the moment, we decided to head back inside the mansion.

We waited four days to see if the effects of the explosion dissipated, but there was no change. Sabrina couldn’t wait any longer and said she had to return to her gym. As a parting gift, I gave her baked goods that Grace had made as well as the extra Dynamax band I had. It seemed I had a knack for missing the small details because I didn’t notice that the explosion altered that as well. Whatever was going to happen next, I’m just glad I have my partners by me. Even if it seems like their mating heat seems to be growing as time goes on.


Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think. Like my last story there's no set schedule for it as I work on what I can. However, this style leaves it to where I may be able to leave it ongoing for a bit. Either way thanks again.