- Text Size +
Story Notes:
First story, I've had plenty reading experience so it's time to try my hand at writing. Chapters are a bit short so will submit the story as one piece.

Chapter 1: The Customer is Sometimes Wrong.

A young hooded man stumbled his way into a local pharmacy. He could’ve passed as anyone, looking for painkillers or maybe a prescription, if it wasn’t for his dishevelled rotten appearance. He approached the front desk, glancing at the variety of well stocked shelves as he goes. Every box was coated in a layer of dust, completely untouched by any pharmacist in months. He peered over the counter to find an attendant. A displeased looking older fellow was sat cross armed down the hall, forced to move from his seat for the customer. He barely managed a smile to front his frustration, “Morning, how can I help you?”.

The hooded figure whispered under his breath. “I’m here to collect some medication”

“Do you have the medical code for what you’ve ordered?”

“Brass”, the figure responded.

The older man was taken aback, he had only recently taken the role as the shopkeeper because he was getting paid to do very little and it kept him occupied. He had however been warned of the request for “Brass”. The code word his employer informed him was for a special kind of medication kept in the back safe.

“Right away, sir”. The shopkeeper hurried away. He fumbled the safe key into the lock, and disabled the alarm. From within the box he withdrew 4 packs of unmarked tablets as per his instructions and quickly delivered them to the customer who quickly made off with them, keen to not be seen by the store.

The pharmacist returned to his seat only to be disturbed by a sharp crackle noise, briefly lasting a few seconds. It wasn’t particularly loud but he reluctantly returned to the counter. He could see nothing. Another sharp crack pierced through the air, much louder and shorter this time. Confused he exited his station and went to the shop front and opened the door. Turning to look round the corner he found what remained of his customer, riddled in bullets in his body, and one final bullet in his head.

Before he could dash back into the store he saw across the street another group of would be thugs. Much bulkier than his customer, and each built of pure muscle, he felt a he should’ve stayed in his chair. One of the group raised a small gun and sprayed a hail of bullets from it, cutting the store clerk to ribbons as he collapsed on the street. The perpetrators wrist holding steady against the violent recoil, before making off on their bikes. The roar of their engines signalled a wide variety of high end motors. But none displayed their true brand, the symbol of Harley Davidson painted over with a more high profile name in the locale.

“White's Arms”

 
Chapter 2: Guns and Gangs

Alex White lazed in his factory office, brandishing a new colt 45 model. New stock just brought in from overseas. He signed off the documents confirming all new purchases were accounted for and in storage ready to distribute, before locking the pages away in his desk. Alex was not particularly strong, he ruled through fear and manipulation. When the chips were down he was not a fighter despite being built well enough to pass as one, he just liked the privileged lifestyle he was accustomed to. A knock at his door caught his attention and he slouched back into his seat.

“Come in”.

The lead member of his kill squad entered, standing a full foot taller than Alex he towered well over his boss, but then he was just content with getting paid, the thought of running a business was too boring compared to seeing action.

“Curly’s target is down, boss”.

“Excellent Tony”, Alex proclaimed. “The more of Crane's customers we cut down, the more our customers will thrive. I’m sick of seeing all our good merchandise going to waste when they get killed off.”

“Who is next?” Tony asked.

“All of them. Any you can find. But you can start looking here”, Alex pointed to a map on the wall. “We suspect the last of the Crane’s major customers, the Blake’s and the Dupont’s are holed up near Beryon Street. Its only a small cul-de-sac, one way in and out excluding jumping from the flat block windows. Get in there and wipe them out.”

“What about the rest of the civvies in the area? It’ll be getting crowded real quick once we start popping off” Tony questioned Alex.

“Don’t discriminate, for all we know they could all be housing them. Be certain they’re all dead” he demanded. “Set up a perimeter and wait till its dark, I’ll radio you the order to enter”.

With a look of impending guilt Tony nodded and left Alex to continue playing with his new guns. Alex looked to his mirror and adjusted his crewcut brown hair and dress shirt. He was a professional, and nothing would impede his business ventures.

...

Not far from the pharmacy store, word was just reaching the Crane’s of the attack on their store. Samantha, paced in frustration before her sister and two brothers. They stood silent waiting her orders.

“That’s eleven attacks in two weeks, they’ve lost us nearly three dozen customers and the rest are fearing for their lives for associating with us. I don’t want excuses, I want solutions.”

Her elder brother Andrew trembled and carefully raised his voice.

“The drugs we’ve supplied to our customers have made us more than enough money to abandon this enterprise, why should we continue to risk more of our lives?” he asked.

Samantha wasn’t physically imposing, but her looks could do all the speaking for her. Her thin face and sharp cheeks could coerce any of her subordinates and make her enemies hesitate. But despite this she still had the experience to know how to handle herself. She tugged at her wavy blonde locks as she prepared her response.

“This isn’t about money. It’s about control. Our customers may be in a turf war with the gun toting gang that buys from White, but if they or he wipes our customers out, we’ll be next no matter whether we give it all up”.

Samantha groaned in anger at the dilemma she was faced with. She looked to her little sister. Naive as she was, she seemed eager to speak.

“Sax, why don’t we arrange a truce with White? He has the guns, he could force a ceasefire between the Blake’s and Curly. No more deliveries till both stop fighting. I don’t see why White wouldn’t sell to the Blake’s to keep his profits high and support the fighting, even Dupont wants nothing to do with this war. We supply totally different products.”

“Lily, dear. You don’t understand. If both gangs kill each other off, then there’s no customers left to sell to. Alex is banking on wiping our guys off the map to solidify his own monopoly. We have to defend against it or else we will be ground into the dirt as Curly and his group dislike what we do here. Just a personal gripe with our drugs, with nobody to buy we’d collapse”.

Sax looked around her siblings, none of them had the heart for it anymore. Granted she ran the whole operation and they just wanted normal lives, ignoring the business their father set up. But she had to do something.

“All of you should go. At least till the fighting settles a bit. I’ll arrange for a final assault, if Alex doesn’t submit, we’ll take his factory and stashes by force.”
 

Chapter 3: Taking a Dip

Sax and a small fireteam of six mercenaries she relied on approached the complex ran by White. They barely had enough weapons to share between them, mostly scavenged from previous engagements with Alex’s cronies. Samantha readied her men.

“Brass 2 and 3 will stay out front, we don’t want any interruptions. 4 and 5 on me, 6 take the side staircase. Give us quiet overwatch only radio if essential.”
“Got it boss” they said in unison.

Sax and her two compatriots approached the main door and creaked it ajar. It seemed surprisingly empty. For a weapons cache it was poorly armed, only two guards by the large stock supplies, and two more on the catwalks. Sax hunkered down and waited. She heard a crackle from the radio.

“6 here, eyes on two, second floor. Tracking right target.
Sax observed the guards, she pointed 4 and 5 to the two guards on the ground level. “Confirmed 6, fire on my mark” she ordered.

A tense pause followed as she steadied her aim at the left most guard on the catwalks. Her gun fired striking the guard squarely in the cheek, up through his head. Within a moment 4, 5, and 6 all fired and took out their targets in a single shot. Clean and concisely. Without any time to react they stood no chance. The noise from the weapon discharge did not go unnoticed, Alex exited his office armed with his revolver and called for his security team to fall back. He heard no response.

Sax and her team carefully served the entryway to the main processing room of the factory and found Alex alone, using one of his large vats of developing explosive produce as cover. 4 and 5 took out large packs of undisclosed drugs from their bags and threw them haphazardly into Alex’s open vats while Sax approached him.

“Having fun White? Seems pretty lonely in here, want some company?” She taunted. “I hope you don’t mind if we take the curtesy of tainting all your latest explosives stock, just incase anyone tries to step into your shoes. We'll make sure they’ll not be able to so easily outgun our friends.”

“Bitch, you think that matters? I’ll make sure to kill you slow when you drop your guard” he threatened.
Alex raised his gun and fired blindly in her direction. Sax took cover and returned fire. Alex unloaded the revolvers and prepared to reload. Sax charged him and struck his face with the butt of her rifle. He dropped his gun and fell to the floor.

“That’s what you get for fucking with me” Sax exclaimed. She grabbed Alex by his shirt and threw him to the side into one of his own experimental explosives synthesiser vats. She held him face down submerged until he stopped struggling, flipped him over the rim and he sunk towards the bottom.

“Gather what you can and let’s go” she ordered. Invading his office she rummaged through for as much value as she could and destroyed anything else. She broke the radio controller on his desk, leaving Tony and the rest of his muscle quite literally to the dark. On her way out she confiscated documents on his experimental explosives, as he sought to further accelerate the local gangs arms race.

Her men already proceeded to exit the building as she passed by the vat once more. Seeing nothing but what was left of Alex’s clothes, all living tissue gone. “What the fuck was he brewing in here? Maybe the drugs made a bad mix” she pondered. As she turned to leave she saw movement, like a small current in the vat and the shirt moving like something was inside the air pocket it created. Reluctant to put her hand in the vat she fished the shirt out with a nearby piece of piping.

To her horror, inside was a small miniature Alex cowering in the shadow of the now giant Samantha. His stature of 5’11” now reduced to a mere 8 inches although he still retained his physique and muscle mass. He fit comfortably in her palm as she reached down for him.

“I meant to knock you down to size but not quite this literally” she laughed. “To think you were how much bigger than me? Half a foot?”.

Alex screamed in abject terror as he was lifted from the floor into the air. He couldn’t form any words, the wailing of his pleas indistinguishable from the babbling through tears as Sax brought him to her face.

“This could be fun, I wonder how resilient you are at this size?” she said.

With that, she threw him into the air. His body flailed and rose through the air. Looking down he could see what felt like a drop of hundreds of feet. But in the way stepped Sax looking up and his frail form as he fell back down. She caught him in her hand with a dull slap. He seemed very shaken, but largely undamaged due to his new lower body mass. More disoriented by the motion.

Sax however was a little disappointed at the lack of damage and suffering caused. “How about this then?” she said as she actively threw his little body down the walkway to the exit. Alex had no time to brace himself. The impact scraped his body along the concrete and fractured his arm as he rolled out along the floor. Behind him Sax was approaching, the floor rumbling gently.

“That’s better! You look like you’ve actually been in a fight now!” Sax said proudly. “Say, let’s get you back to my office, can’t leave you all by your lonesome like we found you can I?”

Somehow Alex didn’t feel reassured by any of this. Intact, this was probably less appealing than death. He dreaded what else she planned to do after already causing him so much pain. His arm ached with the break, even more so as she picked him up in her hand and squeezed, further pressuring his arm and almost winding him. She unzipped her own bag and stuffed his little body into a pocket before resealing it. Alex was left in the dark surrounded by all manner of items from Sax’s bag. He was disgusted by the thought that this woman was abusing him in this way and there was nothing he could do to prevent it.


Chapter 4: Cornered

Sax arrived back at her compound and threw her bag down, negligent of Alex's body taking the impact too. Reaching into the side pocket she extracted him and laid his naked body out on her desk. He desperately stumbled to his feet clutching his arm and made a dash for the edge but was surrounded by blockading stationary. He backed as far from Sax as he could and began to beg for her to take pity on him. 

“Don’t worry Alex it won’t hurt, much” she said as she brought a rubber band out from her desk drawer. She quickly pulled it back and whipped Alex with the band leaving a red streak across his torso as he collapsed in agony. She giggled impressed at how much pain she caused with such little effort. Alex was so surprised by the shock he threw up on the spot.

“HEY, that’s disgusting” Sax shouted nearly burst Alex’s eardrums. She kicked against the desk knocking Alex over from the vibrations, and sending her and her chair back against the wall. Still armed with the rubber band she reached into her purse and pulled out some change. Alex saw a glimmering piece of metal being brandished in Sax’s hand as she looked at him with a sadistic smile. Slowly she loaded the coin into the band and built tension in it aimed right towards Alex. He just stared in total fear, knowing what was about to happen.

Sax sat for about a minute toying with the tension on the band, seeing Alex’s body twitching in anticipation to dodge the coin. She noted the perverse pleasure in psychologically tormenting him, as she felt herself becoming aroused with the power she wielded. Alas it could only satiate so much and she fired the coin.
It whipped past Alex, the draft knocked him over and the air pressure popped his ears. A projectile as large as a cannonball but still thin enough to pierce his body flew by him several times as Sax experimented with other coins. Behind him the impacted coins became imbedded in the documents behind him, tearing the papers. Some rebounded and bumped against him at force, more akin to a slow bump from the car taking his feet out from under him.

Sax decided to increase her projectile size to improve her chance of her shot landing. She flipped the coin to face flat toward Alex. Upon releasing the coin it streamed just off target, the edge of the coin clipping Alex's right arm and grazing his hip. In an instant his right arm shattered on impact and the bone splintered into his flesh. Within a moment his side poured of blood due to the physical trauma. No later had he realised what happened, another coin flew toward him. As he dove out of the way the coin broke his foot and sent him in a spiral flying across the desk.

“Oh Alex that looked like it hurt, I hope you don’t die yet there’s so much more I have in store for you” Sax spoke in a lustful tone as she let her hand wander into her panties. With her other hand she continues to throw small assortments of desk stationary at him, missing on purpose but getting closer to him as she masturbates, bringing herself closer to orgasm. She grabs as a paperclip and unfolds it, fashioning it into a javelin. With one perfect throw she spears Alex through the achilles tendon and he collapses to the ground practically immobilised.

“Arrgh, AHHGHH” he screamed so loud that she almost mistook it for his normal volume. 

“Mmm fuck yes, you see what I can do to you without even trying you little cunt. God, why the fuck is this so good?” she murmured. Biting her lip as she saw his blood spill down his body while he screamed for her to stop. Sax removed her hand from her panties, her finger now sticky and wet from entering her lubricated pussy. She reached out to the struggling Alex, his body barely moving due to the crippling damage sustained. 

She pushed and toyed with him on the desk as he lay limp. She rubbed the droplets of her lubricant over his body and face, pressing her finger against his mouth. He screamed through the abuse, muffled by her giant digit. Eventually she tired of it and decided she needed a break from his wails which became annoying and irritating. With one quick swoop she cupped him in her hand and stuffed him into her bra to keep him quiet.

His mouth nestled right on her nipple like a giant gag ball threatening to choke him, while his sore feet got caught in her underboob. The stimulation his writhing body created only worsened his situation as her nipple became engorged from his struggles pressing and rubbing against it. Sax enjoyed some peace from Alex’s pathetic cries, the feeling of him crawling over her tit was nice but she needed to have some “her” time. 

She pulled out a cigarette from a box on her desk and lit it. Samantha took a long draw and breathed a sigh of relief that the conflict with Alex and his operations were over, at least until somebody sought to take his place. While she had her cigarette she noticed Alex’s movements were arousing her further. She slipped her hand back down to her panties and began to gently rub her clit with her finger. Lying back in her chair she gripped her cigarette in her lips and used her other hand to squeeze her breast, constricting Alex's prison and grinding his body against her nipple. 

Alex felt the pressure increase as Sax’s hand covered over his cage. It got much hotter and he could hear Sax’s heartbeat thumping under him, getting faster. Surely not a good sign. He could hear her beginning to moan, the trilling from her voicebox travelling through her throat and down her chest to where he lay. Suddenly he was subjected to blinding light invading the bra as she plucked him off her nipple and brought him up to her face. Looking down from his vantage point he could see a gigantic valley below him made of her tits and further below her arm reaching deep into her pants as she thrusted her wrist. He went blank as a sheet realising just how little hope he had now that she was so horny, that she may not even attempt to control her impulses for pleasure.

Samantha analysed Alex’s wounds in detail while she held him and finished her smoke. Seeing the gruesome injuries she’d inflicted in such detail made her clit throb and her pussy constricted around her finger. He was bleeding heavily and his broken bones had caused bruising so bad his whole arm had gone blue. She certainly was no doctor, she couldn’t be bothered to create a tiny splint for her little toy. She could at least stop the bleeding.

Alex was laid down on the table as Sax got up from her chair and towered over him. Looking down she mockingly pouted with a concerned face. “Awwh is little Alex dying? Poor baby, let good ol’ Sax fix all that bleeding”. Sax drew the last of her cigarette and pressed the ignited butt against Alex’s bleeding leg and hip, cauterising them. 
"AHHH...” Alex wailed in excruciating pain until he suddenly passed out in shock from the branding. Sax discarded her cigarette butt and examined her handiwork on her little doll. She wanted him to be awake for more of her torturous experiments, and her pussy was growing hungrier for release by the second.
 

Chapter 5: A Lady’s Trap

Alex stirred, his body ached, and some of it he couldn’t feel at all. He was met with a potent smell assaulting his nose which began to bring him back to reality. Before he could open his eyes however he was met with an almighty wet slap across the face.

Sax took her slick wet finger she brought it to Alex’s unconscious face to slap him again however he finally opened his eyes. “Good, you’re awake” she said cheerily.
“Fuck you, please just kill me. If you won’t help me, at least end my suffering I’m begging you” he pleaded.
“What was that? Did you say you wanted more? It’s hard to hear you but if that’s what you want!” she teased.
Alex broke down crying. He couldn’t cope with it anymore. He was immobile and unable to be mercy killed. With his remaining arm that was still barely functioning he crawled toward the edge of the desk to jump. The only route off the desk was to go towards her. But then what more could she do, its not like he’d get away going the opposite direction. He just had to rely on her not paying too much attention and giving him a chance to die.

“Awwh do you wanna get close and personal with big Sax again? My nipple was glad to meet you the first time” she cooed.

Alex ignored her trying to blot out her booming voice above him. He was barely three inches from the edge and Sax gently laid her hand over him holding him down.
“Now now, that’s against the rules” she said, hoisting him up by the shoulders and plopping him back down in the centre of the desk. She let him try again. Letting him get closer and closer to the edge every time, pretending he can escape only to steal it away from him and reset his progress.

Alex finally got a break and she let her guard down, less than an inch from the edge her could start to see the seat of the chair, her huge thighs encapsulating his whole view, then the floor. He threw himself over. Her hand was already waiting for him however and he landed with a simple flop. 

“FUCK YOU, YOU SADISTIC BITCH” he screamed. He began pounding against her palm with his arm in a frustrated tantrum. To her it felt like a tiny massage. 
“Haha, that tickles you rascal, you should really treat a lady with more respect” she said. “You need to be punished for that”. Her threats were not idle. She tossed his body back onto the hard desk with a clunk and dug her nail into his chest on the verge of breaking the skin. She dragged her sharp nail down his chest almost flaying the skin from him until her finger found its mark, resting over his penis. With barely any effort she pressed down on his crotch nearly causing his penis and testicles to pop. He screamed and convulsed in a violent spasm, half fear, half pain. Before she could commit to the amputation there was a knock at her office door.

Hastily hiding the evidence of her toying, she grasped Alex and thrust him into her below the waistband of her underwear and quickly sat back at her desk before calling her employee in.

“Hey Miss Crane, the guys on the cutting floor need you to verify a sample before we get ready to package it, do you have a moment?” said a sheepish young man.

“Sure honey I’ll be right there” she said trying to compose herself. The she had been sweating profusely from her excitement earlier and the young man clearly noticed but was far too intimidated by his boss’s repertoire to dare speak out of line.

As for Alex, he entered a whole other world of suffering he was not mentally ready for. The elastic of Sax’s waistband snapped shut against his feet already worsening his crippled legs. He was hit with an intense aroma of sickly sweet musk from her crotch having landed head first down into her underwear, his body bulging her pants as if they contained a poorly suppressed cock. Sax continued to adjust herself on way out of the office and Alex eventually fell into the fetal position and was shoved forcefully down under her waist.

His back became lubricated by her prior arousal and could feel the her labia suctioning to his skin with the sticky fluid. It was exceptionally hot, her pussy radiating heat over Alex, and the confined space slowly running out of oxygen in the humid air only made Alex panic. He tried the thrash around despite the pain but her body was rigid, and her thighs refused to give him more space.

Sax was filling out the check lists with her workers when she suddenly felt a sharp sudden sensation in her clit. Almost certainly Alex had brayed on the sensitive nub in his frustration and Sax began nervously trembling as she tried to remain unphased. Passing off the documents to her staff, she walked back to her office to collect her things to head home albeit with a slight wobble to her walk. Even at a small size Alex could almost completely humiliate her, at least not by the execution of those she’d promised protection.

Alex was thrown from side to side as Sax walked back, her thighs swaying trying to manoeuvre Alex to a more comfortable position for her. For him he was faced with being rolled over until his face was wedged into her lip crevice, the feminine smell and thick fabrics left him dazed from low blood and oxygen. In one last ditch effort to gain her attention he brayed against her engorged clit again. Both in anger and pleasure Sax tightened her thighs together and squeezed Alex, feeling herself getting wet again she decided to finish him off when she got home.


Chapter 6: Making Things All White

Alex finally feels the movement stop as he notices fresh air rushing into his current prison. His view expands as the panties he has been kept within are being lowered and he stares up at Sax, now stripped completely within her own home. Completely cut off from anyone else, there’s nowhere he could run if he had the chance. And nobody would ever find him. Samantha throws the small man onto her bed and discards her panties to the wayside, staring at Alex unblinking. Without warning she pounces onto the bed sending him into the air from the springs.

“Got you” she said. It wasn’t just her teasing or torment from before. She spoke maliciously. Her voice was low, with a hissing whisper behind it. He knew she was going to kill him. She picked up his limp body ignoring his protests and brought him to her face. 

“You’ve cost me so many people, their lives dashed, many of them didn’t deserve your wrath. You didn’t have to instigate this war. You didn’t have to get me involved. But you did.” She whispered softly.

Alex almost soiled himself in terror at her delivery. She was right. He could’ve never anticipated this though. “I’m sorry, please. I’m begging you. Don’t do this, don’t kill me” he pleaded.

Sax twisted her face at his plea.

“I don’t intend to kill you. I intend to make things right”, her twisted face slowly growing into a cruel smile.
“But it’s of no consequence to me if you die in the process.”

With that, Sax gently kissed Alex’s whole face, and slowly dragged his body down over hers. The soft skin of her torso was soon replaced with a sharp bump as he was pulled over the ridge of her hip. He began the slip across her pubic bone, tiny spines of her shaved pubis scratching his body, almost lacerating him as she lowered him down to her maw. Alex saw her gigantic pussy approaching him, and eventually was pressed against it by her firm hand.

He screamed as she ground him over her skin, the soft folds caressing him, the salty fluids stinging his wounds. Sax lay mouth agape as she finally did something good with Alex. Each time his head bumped over her clit it sent a pulse of ecstasy up her body. She increased her pace, only furthering her own pleasure while Alex continued to cry out.

Eventually, she couldn’t resist any longer. Grasping him firmly she redirected him headfirst between her folds. His body unwillingly prying open her labia as he was inserted into her pussy. Holding him by his shattered ankle she thrust him in and out of her, enjoying every second of penetration while her pussy continued to froth with lube and cum. Her inner walls squeezed Alex rhythmically, he could feel her heartbeat pulsing again all around him, and the internal heat was like a sauna. Her deep echoing moans ran through her body and encapsulated Alex. Again running out oxygen inside her Alex finally felt he might get to pass out before he suffered further. Sax had other ideas.

She was ready to burst. Her thighs trembled as she approached orgasm, driving Alex into her vagina deeper and deeper. Alex tried to go limp to minimise any damage to him but to no avail. She pushed him in as deep as she could and let go. Her pussy lips closed up behind his broken legs shrouding him in complete darkness save for a faint red glow of the light passing through her pussy lips. Flipped over and began grinding her clit to extend her orgasm as long as she could. She took short sharp breaths as her body convulsed. 

She grabbed her breast, imagining again the power she had over Alex, and now where he was. With her last moments of climax her pussy walls contracted, the force from her body causing Alex’s rib cage to collapse, puncturing his lung. Her pussy continued to twitch and spasm around his broken body it held a captive grip on.
Alex felt the sharp pain in his chest as his bones finally cracked and he could no longer breathe. He thought of how else he would have rather died, but under the control of Samantha he was always doomed. With one last gasp for air, he was only disappointed with a mouthful of her drowning cum as his body became lifeless inside her.

Sax lay back down on her bed, a patch of cum dripped out on her sheets, partly mixed with Alex’s remaining blood spillage. She was content. She had gotten her revenge, and found a new sadistic pleasure to amuse herself. She reached down to her still sore vagina, tingling post climax. She found Alex’s foot a full two inches deep inside her as his contorted body was misshapen and drawn deeper in by her internal muscle spasms. Pulling gently she extracted the dead man that had been her nemesis from her nether regions, her pussy reluctant to give up its prisoner. His body was completely saturated by her cum, and evidently died in excruciating pain. She couldn’t have been more pleased. And as unceremoniously as he died, she threw his remains to the nearby bin on route to get cleaned up. 

“Wait a moment” she pondered to herself. “I must ask Brass for the drugs we dumped in his vat, good thing I kept his paperwork...”

Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully submission works, this will only be a short story.