- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is a sequel to My Own Little Place, which you can read here: https://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=9593.
I lay in darkness, hidden away in the depths of Rachel’s purse, trying to relax despite the rocking motion of my surroundings. My whole body, measuring a mere three inches from head to toes, would have fit just as easily inside one of her pockets, but she usually insisted on carrying me in her purse whenever she went out, believing it to be a more secure place to stow me in. She was currently taking me on a trip to the park near her home, making it one of the few times she’d taken me outdoors in the last few weeks.

It has been almost three weeks since I’d been released from the confines of the hospital where I was kept and allowed to live with my girlfriend again, and nearly three whole months since I had been accidentally shrunk in the first place. With every day that passes, my hope of one day being cured and restored to my normal size grew smaller and smaller. Rachel was more optimistic about that, or at least she seemed to be, but I had no idea whether that was how she really felt or whether she was just staying positive in order to cheer me up whenever I was feeling down. What was certain to me, however, was that she still loved me just as much as before the accident and that she would never stop caring for me, no matter how small I had become.

So here I was: Sam Hudson, 26 years old, formerly a prospective chemical engineer with a sizeable salary and plenty of life options ahead of me. Reduced to three inches in height and one-fifth of an ounce in weight, and being carried inside my girlfriend’s purse as she strolled through the park on a Sunday afternoon, unseen by anyone but her. If Rachel’s love for me hadn’t been as strong as it was, I didn’t think I’d have found the strength to keep going for even a week at this size, but thanks to her I had decided to give life and love a second chance, despite all of the obstacles we both would have to face from now on.

My surroundings eventually stopped swaying and I waited impatiently to be released from my prison. A few moments later, the purse was opened and a gigantic feminine hand circled around me and lifted me up. I looked up at my beloved’s face, many times larger than I was and never more beautiful than it was now. She smiled as she brought me right up to her pretty pink lips and gave me a kiss. Then she placed me on her right shoulder, from where I could finally see what the world around me looked like.

She was sitting on a little bench next to a path in what looked like a secluded section of the park. There were trees all around us and, since it was well into autumn, the ground was covered by a carpet of red, yellow and brown fallen leaves. A couple of yards to our left there flowed a small stream, which went underneath a bridge where the small footpath crossed it. The weather was cool and cloudy. It all looked very peaceful and idyllic, the perfect spot for Rachel to bring me without too much of a risk of me being seen by anyone.

“This is perfect,” I said to the giantess whom I loved. “You were right to talk me into this, darling. Is this the same park where you and I had that picnic the week before…before you-know-what happened to me?”

“That’s right,” she replied, turning her head to look at me. “It had still been summer then. It was so hot, we spent most of the time just lying in the shade under some trees. Then you got a little tipsy from the wine we’d been drinking and you tried to make out with me, while there were some little kids playing on the lawn just thirty feet away, remember? I had to drag you back to the car after a while; God, you were such an embarrassment!”

“Yeah, yeah, I remember!” I said, grinning at the memories. “Afterwards, I drove you to my old high school, after the sun had set, and we broke into the pool area and went for a swim. You didn’t want to do that either at first, but I found a way to persuade you in the end, didn’t I?”

“Yes, you were really persuasive, grabbing me and holding me right over the edge of the pool! I kept on freaking out, thinking we would get caught any minute, but you just wanted to have sex, as usual…but I did have a great time, I must admit. You could be a real jerk sometimes, Sam, but you always did manage to show me a great time…”

I crawled across her shoulder, holding on to the grey fabric of her coat, then climbed up over the folds of her scarf and hugged my body against her cheek. I kissed her and embraced her as best as I could, while telling her over and over how much I loved her and appreciated her. I could no longer do any of the things we’d always done together as a couple, but I could still show her how much she meant to me and, hopefully, still show her at least a little bit of a good time. While I was standing there, she lay her hand against my back and pressed my entire body against her tender cheek. Little moments like this were all we had now, but every single one of them was like a little piece of heaven to me. After a short while, she released me and I fell down onto the scarf wrapped around her neck.

“There’s an elderly couple heading our way, just across the stream,” she whispered. “Maybe you’d better hide?”

I didn’t argue and crept around to the back of her neck, staying in a fold of her scarf. I had no desire to be discovered by anyone, not at the moment anyways. I could hear the voices of the old folks as they passed by and said hello to Rachel, but I couldn’t see them and they couldn’t see me. Her beautiful brown hair formed an impenetrable canopy above me, its silky strands hanging all around me. Feeling playful, I grabbed on to a few of them and pulled myself up, then swung from one strand of hair to the next, imagining myself almost like Tarzan swinging on vines in the jungle. I did this all the way until I emerged on the other side of her head. I tried to leap and grab on to her earlobe, but my grip faltered and I came tumbling down onto her shoulder. At my size, however, her shoulder was big enough to accommodate half a dozen men of my size, so there was little danger of me falling off. I clumsily got to my feet, while Rachel simply giggled at my antics.

“Go on, laugh all you want!” I said, pretending to be annoyed at her. “If you were this small, you’d miss having the freedom to move around too. I was just trying to stretch my legs a little…or my arms, I guess.”

“I know, baby, I know…just laughing at how silly you’re being, that’s all!” she said, still snickering. “But, you know, there’s plenty of space all around us, if you’d like to do some exploring, get some exercise – stretch your legs, like you said.”

“What do you mean, do some exploring? You mean, like, right here in the park?”

“Yeah, why not? Why not go on a little hike to that stream over there? Don’t worry, I’ll keep an eye on you from here the whole time, and there’s plenty of cover if you need to hide again, like just now.”

“But…but what if there’s, I don’t know…a giant spider or something…or a bird! I don’t wanna get killed or eaten!”

“Aw, sweetie, you’re not scared of a little spider, are you?” she said, pouting her lips in a most infuriating way. “My big, brave man…oh Sam, I’m just teasing you, don’t get so upset! You can just steer clear of any spiderwebs you come across, or anything else that looks dangerous for that matter. As for birds, if I see any in the general vicinity, I’ll get up and chase them away for you. How does that sound?”

“Sounds perfect,” I said sarcastically. Then I sighed and continued: “Okay, I’ll give it a go. I’ve been wanting to do something active like this for a while now, in any case. But what are you gonna do while I’m gone?”

“I’ll be fine, I’ve brought this along,” she said, taking a small paperback novel out of her handbag. “I always carry a book like this on me, in case I get some time to relax at work, which hasn’t happened for a while now, to be honest. Go on, go and have some fun, I’ll be okay! You probably won’t get many chances like this to walk around outside, so make the most of it.”

“I will. Thanks, Rachel, I really appreciate it.” Then, looking all around me from my perch on her shoulder, I added: “Hey, aren’t you forgetting something? I could use a little help getting down from here!”

She gave me a mischievous look.

“Really? Is climbing down from my shoulder too much for a big, strong guy like you, hmm? You don’t need me to help you with that, Sam, you’re a fully-grown adult – as you’re so fond of reminding me. Go on, off you go!”

I stood up and clenched my fists, which only made her giggle even more. She’s been teasing me like this more and more recently, and it made me feel either angry or relieved, depending on the circumstances. But I knew that it really just meant that she was becoming more accepting of me and that she was content with our relationship, since her playfully mocking me over my littleness showed that she was no longer upset by it. I also knew she’d never put me in any danger for no reason and that she would leap in and try to save me if anything were to happen to me. So, I just gave her a little salute and began climbing down the front of her chest, while she opened her book and began to read.

The rough fabric of her coat made descending her torso quite easy. The only difficult part was about twenty feet down from her shoulder, where the curve of her bosom made the drop down almost vertical. I threw caution to the wind and took a leap down, landing another twenty feet down and rolling over and over until I came to a rest in a fold of her coat, just below her navel. I got up at once, unhurt, and clambered down onto her thigh, wondering if she was enjoying watching me play around on her. She was resting her novel on top of her legs while reading it, so I decided on a quick detour. Before she could react, I scrambled up the open page of the book on all fours, interrupting her reading.

“Looks like your story just took an unexpected turn!” I called out, falling down on my back and spreading out my arms and legs. “A devilishly handsome new character has just appeared on the scene, and the heroine was instantly smitten with him!”

She burst out with laughter, but then without any warning she quickly closed the book, trapping me inside. I was pressed flat between the paper of the pages on top of me and below me, but not hard enough to hurt me. It was quite a shock, though. Soon enough, however, I was released, and Rachel tipped the book forward, causing me to slide down onto her leg. I looked up at her, demanding an explanation.

“Sorry about that, hon,” she said, a smile still on her lips. “A couple of guys just came jogging over the bridge, so I had to act fast and hide you. You’d better get going, though, if you still want to have a look around – we can leave the games for a later time, and somewhere more private.”

I agreed, so I set off on my descent of her legs. Walking across the top of her thigh was easy enough, but when I reached her knees, I had another obstacle to contend with. It was forty feet from there to the ground, but Rachel helped me out a little by straightening her legs, allowing me to climb down a slope until I reached the top of one of her leather boots into which her denim jeans were tucked. I climbed down this as well until I reached the top of her foot. Then she tucked her legs in again, placing her feet flat on the ground, which allowed me to climb down the boot’s toe section and finally reach the ground. From down here, all I could see were the lower halves of her legs, most of which was covered by a pair of enormous brown boots. I walked around the back of her foot and saw that her bootheels alone were nearly as high as I was. The underside of the bench formed a vast ceiling high above my head.

Although I could have stayed there and gawked at my girlfriend’s gigantic size all afternoon, I decided to swallow my fears and head off across the path and into the unknown. The grass on the lawn was short, only coming up to my hips, but the layer of dead leaves covering the whole area made movement more difficult. I was also not wearing shoes – like the rest of me, my feet were simply wrapped up in small snippets of cloth, it being the best Rachel could do for me while I was stuck at this size. But I welcomed the challenge and the opportunity to move around freely for a change, and before long I was ploughing my way through the motley-colored leaves, heading as best I could in a downhill direction, aiming for the stream. Despite how commonplace and unexceptional my environment was in reality, to me it genuinely felt like I was exploring unknown, uncharted and potentially dangerous terrain.

On my journey I came across several empty snail shells, each three or four feet across. I picked up one of them and wondered if I should take it back to Rachel, before realizing that to her it was just an ordinary, completely unremarkable snail shell. Only its huge size from my perspective made it seem extraordinary to me. To my relief, I didn’t encounter any spiders or giant-sized birds, but I did have a close encounter with an equally terrifying creature as I approached the stream. I was climbing a small pile of dead leaves, trying to gain a better view of my surroundings, when the heap suddenly gave way beneath me and I tumbled down, leaves, twigs and dirt piling on top of me.

I was busy scrambling my way to safety when a sudden movement caused me to freeze. On the other side of the pile, a massive centipede, ten feet in length, came crawling out. It moved so quickly that I couldn’t have hoped to escape it, so I lay dead still as it slithered past me, brandishing its huge pincers menacingly. Unlike the huge wasp I’d fought and killed a couple of weeks back, I didn’t think I’d win in a fight against this monster of the undergrowth; thankfully, it didn’t seem interested in me and carried on past me. As soon as it was out of sight, I leapt to my feet and headed off downhill again, avoiding any potentially hazardous leaf piles from then on.

At last, I arrived on the banks of the little stream, an expanse of muddy soil covered by leaves, twigs and pebbles. The fast-flowing stream water looked cold and clear, and had it been a hot day I might have felt tempted to go for a swim. That didn’t look appealing today, but what did was going on a little trip in a boat – or, to be more precise, a leaf large enough to work as a boat for me. I was so taken by this sudden idea that I began looking around and, before long, I found a huge yellow leaf about twelve feet in diameter, whose edges had begun to curl inward, making it roughly boat-shaped. I dragged it down to the water’s edge, where the current wasn’t as strong. But I still needed some help to get going, so I used a straight little twig as a punting pole, pushing myself away from the bank.

Looking up the grassy slope from where I’d come, I saw the distant figure of my girlfriend on the bench, looking like a gigantic sentinel on top of a hill. She must have seen me as well, or maybe she was just curious about where I was, because I saw her get up and start walking in my direction. I stood up to wave at her and let her know where I was, but when I did so, one of my feet pushed through the leaf that was carrying me, tearing a small hole in it. I stumbled forward, which just made the tear bigger, and moments later my little leaf boat was coming apart and I plunged into the cold water of the stream.