- Text Size +

A Brief Introduction

 

 A countless number of civilisations have found an impossibly vast realm beyond what could be imagined. Whether the cause for its discovery was adventure, exploration, or conquest, there are those who would find an entirely new world, somehow connecting to their own. A world where women who are bigger and stronger than any man rule in service to divine beings of unfathomable power. Where everyone lives peacefully in worship of the great Mother Goddess, the supreme one who they believe created this strange world and the giantesses living in it.

They are the enhanced, women who are blessed with great size and supernatural abilities due to their faith in the goddess and ritual worship, and practice of her eternal compassion and kindness throughout their everyday lives. It is through the Mother Goddess, whose churches ensure her will encompasses all within the Sacred Lands, that these giantesses remain content and unified in body and in spirit.

The enhanced possess a potential beyond reckoning, capable of wielding magic with ease, learning and developing skills at faster speeds, and react to dangerous situations at blinding speeds. Additionally, once an Enhanced has mastered harnessing the divine bond that they naturally share with their goddess, they become immensely powerful. Such masters are capable of sundering ranges of mountains at once. Though the biggest are naturally believed considered the strongest, even the smallest among them can bend and break through steel and concrete, endure weeks without food or drink or sleep, and is still capable of feats that would be extremely difficult and outright impossible for normal humans to accomplish.

Matriarchies are common in the Sacred Lands, although men are often treated equally, if not with great and delicate care to avoid accidentally hurting them, a behaviour adopted with anyone the giantesses assume to be weaker than them. Convents all across the infinitely stretching lands indoctrinate tens to hundreds or even thousands of devotees, training them to be peacekeepers and devout protectors.

They are taught to spread the joy and love of their Goddess, and pilgrims may often be found preaching her virtues in other countries, nations, kingdoms and villages. It is believed that entire empires have been utterly assimilated into territory of the Sacred Lands, brought into the eternal warmth of the Great Mother Goddess. The frequency of which this has occurred is unknown, but likely involved a hostile relationship between those factions and the Goddess' disciples.

Though they vary in size, all are unified under the Mother Goddess. Even the holy matriarchs of the church will fall to the guidance of her otherworldly heralds, the ascended. These angelic priestesses are to the enhanced what the enhanced are to the average human being, and yet stand beyond full comprehension to the mind of a mere mortal. These divine beings have powers far beyond what the enhanced is capable of, and though they are benevolent in nature, the Ascended are not to be provoked or antagonised, and the enhanced often advise humans to treat the divine colossi with great respect or be very sorry they ever met one.

This is a fantastical reality crossing into infinite worlds, full of stories where the humans interact with these peaceful, yet powerful giantesses. Stories where the Ascended may find themselves amused or bemused enough to observe certain individuals, or unravel the schemes of the wicked, and perhaps Enhance some of their Goddess' worshippers along the way just because they can. Or perhaps the Mother Goddess herself may be seen, assuming one knows what she looks like...

This is the Sacred Lands of the Goddess.