- Text Size +
"My Little Girlfriend"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 1: Back in business

It was a sunny afternoon and looked like it would be another fantastic day... then again, who was I kidding? Things never seemed to work out the way I planned them.

But on the other hand, things had kind of turned around for me, after what seemed like an endless search for love and success.

Yeah, I'm still frustrated by my job and by a couple of my friends who will remain nameless for now, but I'd say my life has been working out pretty well for the moment.

Oh yeah, you're probably wondering who I am by now...

Well, my name's Bobby Gaines and while I'm not the coolest guy, or the smartest guy, or even the funniest guy, I am lucky enough to go to what I consider to be one of the best colleges of all time, which is Avery Point. Avery Point, to me personally, was a little slice of paradise on the coast of Groton, CT, but it was much more than that.

It was a place to mingle with familiar faces, a place to play foosball and shoot billiards, and more importantly, the place I had met my girlfriend, Jen.

Oh yeah, didn't I mention? Geeky ol' me managed to get a girlfriend, imagine that, huh? Of course having a girlfriend and sustaining a good relationship needs money, which is why I've been picking up more hours at my least favorite job, Staples: the office stupidstore.

I suppose I've rambled enough about me, I should get to the part where the adventure begins, and I guess you could say that was sometime in the mid afternoon, while I was playing a good friend of mine named John at foosball.

"Oh c'mon!" John exclaimed, as I notched another score counter after attaining a goal in the game of foosball.

"John, we've been through this, that's a perfectly legal shot!" I shouted.

"Oh yeah, off the wall, bounced into the air and somehow went behind my defender into the goal..." John groaned, "...REALLY legal"

"Oh c'mon, just put the ball in" I said, but as soon as he did, I was forced to halt playing. "One second..."

John removed the errant ball from the playing field as I dug my cell phone out of my pocket.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, are you gonna play foosball all day?" she asked.

Of course, it was Jen.

"Heh, no of course not, why?" I asked.

"Well for one thing, it's getting a little cramped in here, and for another, I have work in 20 minutes" Jen said.

"Oh shoot, that's right" I said and promptly hung up my phone, then looked at John, forced to come up with an excuse quickly.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"I uh... gotta go..." I answered, "Jen wants me to meet her somewhere"

I was about to dart off and leave when John added something.

"Y'know what I find weird?" he asked.

"Uh what?"

"I know you and Jen are... y'know, a couple... but I never see you both together at the same time" John answered.

"Heh... go figure" I chuckled and then kept running out of the student center, giving half hearted waves to a couple friends of mine as I left the building.

"Hey, don't squish!" I heard her cry.

"Sorry" I sighed and walked us slowly over to an adjacent building that I knew as my personal hideout.

In actuality, noone was supposed to be in there, but that had never stopped John or I from occasionally entering. Ever since Jen and I started going out though, I had been up there more often than before.

"Jen I am so sorry" I said, opening the door and walking up the series of stairs to our destination.

"It's fine..." she answered, "I know you and John get into your foosball, but seriously? 16 games?"

"I'd just like to add that I won 14 of them" I chuckled, before realizing that Jen didn't share in my excitement, "Sorry."

"Well now that noone's around, can you at least pull me out of here?" Jen asked, "its a bit stuffy"

"Sure thing, Jen" I answered and reached my hand into my pocket, making sure she had a good grip before I gently removed her and held her in front of my face. There she stood, 3 inches tall and still so gorgeous.

Oh wait, y'mean I didn't mention?

Yeah, my girlfriend was kind of... well... different... I won't bore you with the details, but basically, she's a fairy... no I'm just kidding, but she's occasionally very small.

Okay let me explain...

Due to circumstances beyond either of our control, either her or I had to be miniaturized at all times to fulfill some curse that had been placed on her by an ex-boyfriend. See? Isn't that simple?

Only a couple friends of ours knew about this... my friend Sarah and also my ex girlfriend Kim. Other than that, we were very careful about letting others see us in our miniature states.

"Ok, you ready?" Jen asked, as I carried her to our room. This was a large quiet room where we could switch sizes in peace.

"Yeah I guess" I said, always nervous before performing this feat. I set her down on the ground, when she suddenly signaled to get my attention. I look down at her.

"Bobby, take your keys out of your pocket" she instructed.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I left my apron in your car and we don't need your keys shrinking with you" Jen answered.

Jen had recently gotten a job at the local cafe on campus, Fin's Cafe, as a waitress. I was more than happy for her and she made some decent money, plus tips. Although I didn't enjoy seeing guys hit on her sometimes. She was a beautiful girl, after all.

I take out my car keys and leave them on the floor, then I let out a long sigh and our eyes met.

"You ready?" she asked again.

"Yeah" I said, letting out another deep breath. Accomplishing this transformation took a lot of concentration.

"Ok, let's do this" Jen said and she remained silent as well, so we could concentrate only on each other and switching our sizes.

If I put all my wishing power into wishing her big again and she wished to be big again as well, it usually wasn't long before she increased to her normal 5'6 height. Of course, as a side effect, I would be reduced to 3 inches high, but luckily, she was a friendly caretaker.

And so, I wished for Jen to be big, and she in turn wished as well, and within seconds I watched her grow from the menial height of 3 inches back up to 5'6 where she stood at eye level. I always took this opportunity to give her a quick kiss before I began to shrink down.

There was still something very unsettling about the feeling of shrinking down. Sometimes I'd close my eyes to avoid the disorientation that went along with watching everything grow before your eyes, but this time I watched the horror unfold as I was quickly brought down to a 3 inch height. Jen gave me a smile and I smiled back. Even if being small wasn't my favorite past time, it was nice to see her happy and after all, she had suffered enough having to spend most of the day in my pocket and victim to the mannerisms of John and myself.

Jen knelt down before me and set her enormous hand down on the ground. I pulled myself up and braced myself as she lifted me up in front of her face.

"Thanks Bobby" she said, "and might I add, you look really cute like that"

She then chuckled and gave me a small kiss, causing me to stumble back. I chuckled as well and decided to enjoy it. She slid me into her pocket and reached down for my car keys on the ground.

"So how long are you working today?" I asked, as she walked us downstairs and I felt the occasional tightness in her pockets, but I could deal with it.

"I'm working 2-7" she said, and I let out a sigh. As much as I loved Jen, spending 5 hours in her pocket wasn't my ideal afternoon. Still, it was great to be close to her.

She walks us outside now and then towards my car, when she runs into Sarah. I can see the giantess through Jen's pocket and knew it was only a matter of time before Sarah figured out how tiny I was.

"Hey Jen" she said, cheerfully, changing her own course of direction so that she was now following Jen to my car.

"Hey Sarah" Jen said, opening the door to my backseat and taking out her large blue apron that read "FIN'S CAFE" with the logo of a shark on it.

"So... where's Bobby?" Sarah asked in a playful tone, but she didn't have to wait long to see me tucked away in Jen's pocket, "aw, there he is"

I glared up at her and tried to look away, which was of course impossible because she was so big. I liked Sarah at my normal size, but when I was tiny, something about her scared me. I knew she was just playing around, but that was the thing, I didn't particularly enjoy being played with... unless it was by Jen, of course.

"Oh Bobby..." Sarah said, addressing the tiny figure in Jen's pocket, "Y'know I'd be careful with you if you ever let me hold on to you..."

"He's still a little miffed about last time..." Jen added, taking Sarah's attention away from me at last.

"Oh right..." Sarah sighed, "sorry Bobby, how was I supposed to know you couldn't swim?"

I let out a great sigh of disgust and Jen advised Sarah to avoid saying anything else for the moment, and so the 2 girls bid adieu to one another and Jen took off for Fin's Cafe.

Before we got to the entrance, Jen slipped on her blue apron so that it hung below her waist, draping over me so I could see nothing but dark blue. I decide to take this time to catch a little shut eye.

I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.