- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Good news guys! I think I’ve finally decided on the direction this story is going to take that works with both main characters’ personalities.

“Ready?” Procerita whispers.


“Ready.” Max confirms over the earpiece.

Stepping forward, Max sees her massive form reach out in front of him and open the door. 

Gleaming lights and dense crowds of people on the open street. Their skins all different colours, pink, blue, green, and everything else. They all had inhuman features and varied greatly in size. 

The vast majority were women, with only one or two men for every 15 women. 

“What we’re you doing on Earth?” Max asks.

Caught off-guard by the question, Procerita answers “I was expecting questions about the Bazaar, but we were there to kill you guys and harvest your core, did you guys not receive the radio messages?”

Shocked, Max responds, “N-no, I didn’t, I was in the woods. I’m sure everyone else did though- but what the hell? Why would you kill everyone like that? That’s bad manners! What the hell did we do?”

“ Nothing! It’s just what we do! Normally we don’t even take guests!”

“GUESTS?! I DON’T EVEN HAVE AN EARTH ANYMORE!” Max shouts, so loud he would likely be heard outside the mammaries.

Procerita pushes her shoulders together, compressing her breasts and knocking the wind out of Max.

“Earth is fine. We were interrupted by the Aelmari, big blue bastards who have stopped quite a few Glalan takeovers because of the fights being too one-sided. They act as peacekeepers around here. Satisfied?”

Not getting a direct response, she feels Max’s body relax. 

“Now shut your mouth before I reconsider letting you out of my cute butt”

Max opens his mouth to speak, but quickly closes it. He knew she wasn’t bluffing, and wanted to see this new world so far from his own.

“Does DNA splicing exist here?” Max whispered, hoping he wouldn’t anger Procerita. 

“That’s more like it. Yeah, we have it. But I doubt there is anything for you, since humans are very uncommon out here.”

“Do you have any modifications?”

“No. I considered it, but I like to brag about being natural. Plus, it’s kind of expensive.”

“Do you guys have movies?”

“Yeah, but I don’t watch them.”

“Oh. Well, where are we going now?”

“We are going to meet with my friend near here.” 



The rest of the walk was uneventful, with Max asking so many questions that Procerita had to mute comms at one point.

Arriving at the building, Max was in awe. The building stretched up so high he could not see the top, reaching high above the atmosphere.

Procerita walked into an elevator that sat about a metre away from the building and punched in a number. Immediately, the glass door slid shut and the elevator jumped to ludicrous speed. 

Going along the magnetic rail at extreme speed, it slowed and shot out to the left, then stopped again. A glass tube extended from the building and the glass door of the elevator opened. On the other side of the tube, a door appeared out of nowhere.

Procerita steps forward, Max remaining silent. 

Suddenly, the door opens slightly and an eye peers through the crack. It widens, and the door is thrown wide open to reveal another Glalan. Her ears perk up and a welcoming smile stretches across her face. She had the looks of a young woman, and was clothed in a knee-high skirt and a thin T-shirt. 

“Sara! You’re finally here!” The unfamiliar face happily states.

The catgirl rolls her eyes. “C’mon, you know I hate it when you call me that.”

“Awh, always so serious. Come on in, have a drink.” The stranger says, stepping aside. 

Procerita quickly steps in.

“How have you been, Ignita?” Procerita says.

“Better now that you’re here!” Ignita replies.

“I’ve got something to show you, you’ve gotta see this.” Procerita giggles. 

Arriving in what Max assumed is the dining room, it is filled with various pictures and what he assumes are collectors items, like a set of fine China, only probably not being called that. In the centre is a glass table, which appears to be floating. 

Sitting on the stools, Ignita reaches beside hers and presses a button. The backs of the chairs produce a liquid-like substance that cascades upwards like a reverse waterfall, and solidifies into a proper chair.

They both recline, and Ignita asks:

“So, what is it you wanted to show me?”

Procerita reaches up to her chest and presses the vacuum release. Maxes vision goes dark, the stretched fabric returning to a loose state. Reaching into her chest, she plucks Max out. 

As Ignita sees Max, her smile fades away and her eyes widen. 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING, DIDN’T YOU HEAR THE NEWS?” Ignita shouts.

“What? What news?” Procerita inquires, fear in her tone.

“The Aelmari have issued humans as a class-A biotrophy. They have quarantined the entire solar system surrounding earth and are executing anyone who is found in possession of or guilty of murdering a human.”

Procerita says nothing. 

Max feels the muscles in her hand tense up.

“I know you’ve been in a fair share of battles but this is one you won’t win. The Aelmari have been especially suspicious of Glalans since they made first contact.” Ignita explains. 

Ignita looks down to Max and warns, “I don’t know what the Aelmari will do with you. But I know what they will do to her.”

Ignita elaborates,

“They have gone as far as to release the executioners. One of the Aelmari subsystems dictates that whatever task they are assigned to should administer positive stimulus to maintain happiness in the units and reduce chances of rogue Aelmari. These executioners know exactly what they are doing and put all of their passion into doing it, and one of them is on their way.”
Chapter End Notes:
Is this a spicy cliffhanger? I sure hope so!