- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Still no smut chapter. This one is finally more relaxed though, thank god. 

A flush from the ship bathroom. Procerita’s ears perked up. She jumped up from the chair and approached the door, still covered in blood. She slid her backpack to the ground and took a fighting stance.



The door slid open, a male figure in the door frame. 

Immediately upon the sight of Procerita’s blood soaked visage, the man simply passed out onto the ground.

Procerita let out a pleasantly surprised “huh.” 

She set up a chair and tied the man up in the pantry. 

Finally, she started up the ship’s engines and flew to the airlock.

Suddenly, red flashing lights filled the room. The jig was up. 

The airlock bulkhead fully sealed. The speaker turned on. 

“PROCERITA. YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS AGAINST THIS SHIP’S CAPTAIN ARE NOT UNNOTICED. YOU WILL NOT LEAVE THIS SHIP.”

Procerita rolled her eyes and flipped a switch on the control panel. The display switched to red and an extra screen extended from under the cockpit. The HUD of the ship appeared with a cross hair in the centre. 

Procerita placed her finger on the trigger of the joystick. 

Click. 

Two missiles were shot out of the ship towards the bulkhead. 

With a deafening crash, the entire airlock was blown out to space. Ships were being ripped out of the ship bay. Air was being forced out at breakneck speed, carrying the occasional pirate or loose item.

Procerita rushed out of the ship through the smouldering hole in the wall. Bits of metal were jutting out and pipes were spewing out various gases and liquids, with gigantic wires flickering electricity. 

Once the ship was out far enough, Procerita enabled the FTL drive once again. 

As always, the familiar crackling of the FTL drive, and the flash of light as they were sent throughout the cosmos.

Procerita let out a deep sigh and sunk into the chair. Max looked up at her and asked, “what are we going to do with that guy in the pantry?” 

“I’m not sure.” Procerita answered.

“Alright then. Where are we going?” 

“Glalan Prime still. No where else to go. God, I need a shower. You want in?” 

Max took a whiff of himself. His face scrunched up and he nodded his head. He smelled like burning, ass, sweat, and blood. 

Looking to his side, the woman seemed to be resting, curled into a fetal position. 

Procerita put her hand in front of Max, blood soaked palm up, and he hopped on. 

Together, they walked past where the man had collapsed to the bathroom. Max actually had not noticed before, but the ship not only had a shower, but a bath, too. Honestly, Procerita didn’t strike him as a bath type. 

The tub itself was partially in the ground and slightly larger than Procerita, with a headrest 

She probably saw him looking at it, because she drifted away from the shower and went to draw a bath. 

She toyed with a screen on it for a bit until a deluge of green-tinted liquid came out. It was strange in the way that it appeared less dense than water, the way it moved irregularly across the tub. The tub filled up quickly, despite it’s size.

Procerita let Max off her palm and onto the counter while she unstuck her clothes from her body. 

The clothes were so caked in blood she simply brought a claw to her chest and sliced down until the clothes fell to the floor. She kicked them to the corner lazily. 

Max paid no mind to the sight, he simply reached for his own clothes and tugged them off.

Procerita stepped her nude form into the water, which had yet to fill all the way up.

She outstretched her hand toward her human, fingertips against the counter.

 He stepped on to her hand and scuttled across her arm, causing a tickling sensation. She eased herself into the warm water as Max got to her shoulder. 

The warm water welcomed her body as she lay down. Max was walking down her shoulder to combat her turning. 

Max slid down onto her stomach as she laid flat. 

Pondering for a moment, Max asked, “what’s up with the water?”


Procerita quickly answered, “just something I made quickly. It should get rid of all of the Peira on us. I also made it a little less dense so you don’t drown from the surface tension.”

Max was always fascinated by this world. It was so similar to Earth yet so different. He shrugged his shoulders and dove of Procerita into the bath.

It was wonderful. The temperature soothed his muscles and he could feel the caked-in juices that he was sitting in for so long leave his body. The only thing he could compare it to was like how it must feel to be a snake shedding it’s skin. 

He paddled around the mountainous Glalan. Seeing her in the water gave him an overwhelming sense of adventure. 

Procerita watched as Max happily swam around. He wasn’t great at it, but he looked cute doing it. She raised her hand out of the water, which was finally free of dried blood, and gently moved it up and down, creating ripples in the water that pushed Max about. 

Max was thrashing about giddily from the sudden waves. It was childish, but after the whole experience with the pirates he couldn’t care less. 

He looked into the water and saw a shape deep in the murky green water approaching him like a snake. 

As it rose, it’s familiar look became clear. Procerita’s cupped hand picked him up with a good amount of water. The shift in altitude was slightly surprising, but not sickening. She brought him up to her face, grinning slightly. 

Her breath washed over him, sending ripples in the water of her cupped hand. 

“Did you miss me?”, Max teased. 

Procerita’s grin grew. “More than you could ever know.”
With that, she spread her fingers, draining the water, and brought Max to her lips and began peppering him with slow, gentle kisses.

Her lips encompassed his body, gentle muscles lightly sliding across his body. He often found himself repeating the same words often around Procerita. 

Warm. Soft. Safe.
Chapter End Notes:

Not a fantastic ending to this one, but not awful.

If you enjoy my writing, I might be starting a few other series just so that I can let my battery for these stories recharge.