- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This one is a bit longer. No smut, sorry guys.

 Procerita’s mind if was racing. It’s been a few hours. Has Max been captured and killed, or worse? 

Before she can consider the endless horrible possibilities, she hears a click from behind her, and the restraints clamber to the ground. 

“Holy shit he did it!” Procerita cheered, quickly covering her mouth with her hand after realizing what a bad idea shouting is. 

She stood up from the chair and walked to the door. It was unlocked. 

Stepping into the hallway, the corridor seemed to stretch on endlessly. She could hear hundreds of people talking down the hallway. Likely a cafeteria. Her stomach rumbled. 

In the other direction was some douchebag who seemed to be walking somewhere, clothes in standard gear and wearing a backpack. 

She extended a single claw on her forefinger and began stalking down the hallway towards the pirate. Once she was within arm’s reach of the enemy, Procerita leapt out, covering the stranger’s mouth with her hand, muffling their shouts. 

“God, I hate this part” Procerita murmured, and tightly gripped her opponent’s throat until their pulse died down. She quickly dragged the body back into the cell she was in. 

She searched the backpack and took their clothes. A pistol, knife, water, and single-use medical Nanites. 

Quickly stuffing her old clothes in the bag, she walked out of the cell a new Glalan. There were so many people on this ship that no one would bat an eye if they didn’t recognize her. 

Now to find Max. He was probably still in the captain’s quarters.

After wandering the seemingly endless halls of dull grays and piping she finally came across Peira’s station. 

She steeled her nerves and readied the stolen pistol. 

It all happened so fast. Procerita kicked down the door and leapt out at the unsuspecting Peira. Within seconds the pirate was tackled to the ground. Procerita’s hands were around her throat and her legs were pinning her arms to her sides. 

“WHERE IS HE!” Procerita hissed through gritted teeth.

Peira’s was paralyzed by fear. “Wh-who?” She stuttered. 

Procerita slammed the pirate’s head on the ground. 

“THE HUMAN!” 

“I… uh… I a-ate h-him. I didn’t know-“ 

Peira stopped mid-sentence as Procerita put a hand over her mouth and a menacing grin stretched across her face. Quickly glancing to verify the door had closed behind her, she returned her gaze to the pirate and drew out her knife.



“You uhhh… you coulda just made her throw up.” Max suggested. 

Procerita’s entire outfit was bathed in viscera, with blood coating her arms and even parts of her face. 

“Yeah, I probably should have.” Procerita mused. 

They had grabbed the woman from the room and were now walking down the hall. They quickly discovered she didn’t speak English and didn’t have any translation Nanites. More interestingly, it wasn’t in Procerita’s database as one of the languages she could translate. 

They were making their way to the garage. As it turns out, Peira’s arm computer had the ability to call emergencies in different areas of the ship. Obviously, they sent everyone as far away from them as possible. 

Max and the woman were both sitting in Procerita’s right hand, both slightly traumatized from the experience. 

They continued wordlessly towards the ship bay. Upon arrival, Procerita broke the silence.

“How’d you get to the remote?” 

“Peira was screwing around with me and spit me out on the desk because I taste like your ass.” Max explained, causing Procerita to chuckle. “Of course, she put me in her mouth again and succeeded in eating me the second time, but not until after I had gotten to the remote.” Max continued. 

“There’s no way I taste THAT bad!” Procerita giggled. 

Max grinned. “Not to me.”

“Nice save, Max”

The door automatically opened, revealing a massive ship bay with dozens of ships of varying quality and style. 

“Yknow, I still have that grenade belt if you wanna blow these guys stuff up.” Procerita suggested.

“I’m alright, I just want to get out of here.” Max answered. 

Procerita shrugged her shoulders and made her way towards her ship. 

The ship drew closer as Procerita approached it with a bounce in her step. It began opening for her. 

There fear was wholly intact, likely not having the time to loot it. Procerita hopped up the stairs and sat in the cockpit, putting the two humans in her hand on the table.

she turned on the startup procedures, but then they heard a flush in the ship bathroom. 
Chapter End Notes:

Procerita’s less-than-ideal tendencies start to shine through in this one. Sorry to cut it off short, this chapter was just too long.

FYI: this chapter was edited about an hour after I posted it, so if you remember the ending differently, that’s why. The chapter was considerably darker and in a direction I really wasn’t looking forward to so I just changed it.