- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This one has no smut (I’m sorry everyone) but is mostly a gentle one. 
Max felt Procerita’s hand finally extract him from her nether region. When he finally saw the light, they were back in the cockpit of Procerita’s ship. She looked somber. 

She was avoiding eye contact, and racked with guilt. 
Procerita confessed, “I’m sorry Max. I should have left you with the Aelmari. They would have treated you much better than I have. Hell, I was actually going to digest you, I mean-“

“Hey!” Max interrupted.

Procerita was surprised by this. 

“I’m not going anywhere.” Max assured her.

“Y-you mean it?”

“If I went with the Aelmari I would rely on them for everything. I don’t want that at all. You need me. You give me a purpose, and that’s all I could ever want.”

Procerita was taken aback by this. She never was good at understanding her own emotions, especially after burying them for so long. Max was making her feel things she previously never thought she could.

Procerita whispered words she never thought she would say.

“I love you.”

Max’s heart was thumping out of his chest. Procerita was the most powerful thing he’d ever see in his life, and she loved him. How could he say no?

“I love you, too.”

They sat in silence for a few moments, looking at one another. Procerita was beaming. She brought Max to her chest in a tight hug. Max closed his eyes and allowed the sensation to wash over him.

Finally drawing him out and holding him up by the armpits with both hands, she brought him to her face in a kiss that encompassed his whole head. 

When he was finally removed from her mouth, Procerita cheered, “Siri told me that the Aelmari uploaded all of the earth movies!”

“I thought you didn’t like movies?” Max wondered.

“I’d like to give them another try?”



They had spent a while preparing, Max was very interested in providing a realistic movie night experience, complete with comfortable clothes, popcorn, Procerita’s bottle she had bought from the bazaar, and a living room environment for the rec room someone from Earth had uploaded. 

Procerita was lying on the couch wrapped in a blanket, with Max getting comfortable in the crook of her neck. 

As always, her body was warm. Her hair was tucked behind her ear. 

It was difficult deciding on a movie, especially when Procerita knew nothing about earth culture. 
Chapter End Notes:

sorry for the shorter chapter, I couldn’t find a way to smoothly mesh this and the next chapter.

This one is tough. I am not good with writing powerful emotion but I really wanted to write this one.