- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

First time writing on this site, so please feel free to leave a review and let me know what you think! I'm always open to suggestions or critique. Shorter chapter to test the waters.

Devil Hunters from all around the Hokkaido prefecture had been summoned to the secluded ruins of an old mining facility. With the influx of so many fiends working for what was now the organization’s main agency in Tokyo, the need for weaker hunters who had not even formed a worthwhile contract was clearly a low priority. Knowing this, many leaped at the opportunity to prove themselves not only to the agency, but also to its head, Makima. One woman whose words seemed to coil themselves around a person’s mind, trapping their thoughts in a vice grip. Her assignment was simple, requiring that all those who had not yet formed a “substantial contract” by her standards to deal with a devil that had been hiding out in the mountains. By the time the sun was beginning to set on a Friday evening, over a hundred agents had gathered at the foot of the mountain.

Upon entering, the lack of light and rotten stench of flesh became immediately apparent. With such a large group, however, many did not let the smell or the lack of light harm their nerves. Like an army, the suited assortment trudged onwards through the catacombs of a once densely populated workspace.

“KREEEEEEEE….”

Before they could advance further, a massive, hulking figure descended from the ceiling of the cave. Light erupted from the monster’s mouth, and the group was unable to react properly before they all disappeared completely from view.


...


Himeno had decided to take the weekend off, treating two of the women in her unit to a delicious dinner at one of the most popular noodle joints in town. While she had worked with Kobeni for over a year, the “newcomer” named Power, a hybrid between human and devil, had proved equally deserving through her abilities to bend the blood in her own body. Fortunately, both women seemed receptive to the idea of a night on the town. Once their orders had been prepared, three bowls were placed in the center of their table, filled to the brim with delicious ingredients.

“I’m glad you two could join me. It’s not every day I get to have a break like this, you know?”

Patting the younger Kobeni on the head, Himeno could see that Power was practically salivating at the opportunity to dig into her food.


“How about we take it easy, Power? You’ve been working all week.”

Ignoring the words of her superior officer, Power swiped one of the bigger bowls for herself.

“I’m Hangry!”

Little did Himeno know that she was dooming almost the entire lower sector to a fate much worse than any demon.


“I’M HANGRY!”


Like thunder, a voice rattled the group from their sleep. Motion rocked their bodies to and fro, and as their eyes adjusted to the light their mouths could only gape in horror. High above the group was an assortment of light fixtures, replacing the dark ceiling of the cave that they had just gotten accustomed to. Three absolutely colossal figures blurred in the distance, obstructing a majority of the light from reaching their location. While the group had been separated, their bodies had been sprinkled across three different ramen bowls, each one freshly prepared. Many had accidentally fallen into the scalding hot water of their bowl upon awakening, barely able to keep themselves afloat while being assisted by their fellow hunters. With only a quick assessment, it was clear to see that they were in serious danger. Small cubes of tofu turned into massive barges where many had made their stay, attempting to jump from ingredient to ingredient in a desperate bid to escape the bowl. With the assistance of their devils this wouldn’t be impossible, but it required enormous effort and, soon to be realized, time.


Like cannonfire, booming continued to shake the bowls as their tormentors form appeared high above. Three women surrounded the group on all sides, taking their own bowl and placing it in front of themselves in order to begin their meal. To many stranded in the ramen below, the sight of both their superior officer and a strawberry-blonde fiend caused blood to run cold. Kobeni, Power, and Himeno were all well-known in the Hokkaido prefecture for their exploits so far. In the current circumstances, however, the men and women trapped within the ramen could only see them as blurry monoliths who bore the shape of their co-workers.


Conversation was being carried out between the giants, but the tiny hunters were too preoccupied with their own survival to pay any heed.


In Power’s bowl, her captives squirmed and continued to scatter towards the edge of their prison in a desperate attempt to escape what they knew was coming. Before any could even get close, however, they witnessed a horrifying sight. Unlike the other two, who seemed to be engaged in conversation with one another, Power’s eyes remained glued to the bowl below. Many waved their hands in a desperate plea to get the inhuman to notice them, only to realize that the woman’s glare was not of inspection, but of hunger. Gripping the bowl with both of her clawed hands, the now monolithic horned hunter raised the entire batch of soup to her maw. Like an all-encompassing void, her lips stretched outwards to reveal an endless row of teeth guarding an awaiting tongue.


 Saliva stretched and broke past her lips as warm breath washed over the hunters trapped on her meal. It was a disgusting fog, no doubt a result of the devil-girl’s tendency to skip brushing her teeth. As she began slurping, many hunters were unable to fight the current and became trapped in the fiend’s digestive fluids or wedged between her molars. Saliva and spittle covered them from head-to-toe as the wave of ramen rushed the remaining souls past the jagged rows of teeth and down the girl’s esophagus.


Liquid dribbled down the fiend’s chin as she didn’t even bother picking up chopsticks. Some survivors were able to escape the monster’s jaws through the sheer luck of missing her lips only to find themselves stranded on the table below, now barely noticeable black specks on a massive wooden field. For those who had miraculously resisted the great flood, their fate was much worse. Like an animal, Power began to shake the bowl vigorously in an attempt to have all of the ingredients fall into her mouth at once. Her tongue, which was the size of multiple football fields, lolled out in a greedy attempt to catch any bits of food which might fall out at an odd angle. 


With an audible PLOP the massive tangle of noodles and spice was deposited inside the fiend’s waiting mouth, sucking in most of the remaining hunters and dooming them to a slow death inside her stomach. Despite her jagged teeth, the demon of a woman did not bother with chewing, swallowing the whole heap in a single gulp. One unfortunate soul had found himself at the very tail-end of the pile, resulting in his body drifting through the air like a mote of dust. His trajectory took him straight above the fiend’s upper-lip, landing amongst a grease plateau where the scent of cooking oil and the heat of her body assaulted his senses. Before he could even process the danger he was in, the demon-human hybrid took a sharp inhale. Hurricane force winds tore the boy from his brief sanctuary, lifting him up into Power’s nose and trapping him into a sizable pile of snot which would serve as his prison until she decided to sneeze.


“PWAAAAH! THAT WAS DELICIOUS! MORE NOW!”

Having finished her meal, Power began to slam her fists on the table to garner her co-worker’s attention. Himeno and Kobeni, both of whom had not touched their meal yet, went slack jawed at the sight of the now empty bowl in front of the fiend.


“You ate all of it already? We said we were going to take it easy!” 


Himeno’s singsong voice reverberated through the shrunken people in her bowl, forcing many to their knees. The remaining survivors of Power’s massacre were sent airborne by her brief tantrum, soaring above the women and landing back on the wooden table. It was absurd to think that they could hardly comprehend the full size of everything around them, with the restaurant and its customers serving as an incomprehensible backdrop for the titans that were unaware of their presence. Miraculously, the fall seemed to do little to harm their tiny frames, though that was now the least of their worries. 


High above, Power had taken note of two barely visible black specks. She HATED ants. 


Having formulated a plan to leap off of the table and grab on to Himeno’s clothes, the two hunters who had been stranded on the table remained completely unaware as Power methodically wrapped her hands around their location. She didn’t want to crush them immediately, preferring to squeeze some entertainment out of them before her next meal came around. Before the two could process what was happening the fiend pounced, cutting off all light and sending them into a panic. Puffing her chest up, the woman gently peeled her thumbs away to reveal the prize hidden beneath. Both hunters were absolutely terrified now, with the planet-sized toothy grin and cheerful gaze replacing their sky, causing them to frantically wave their hands in a last-ditch effort to get the girl to notice them. 


All Power could see was two tiny mites scrambling around for survival.


Pursing her lips as if she was about to kiss the wooden table, Power pushed her mouth onto the small opening created by her hands before releasing a nigh-inaudible burp. Kobeni and Himeno paid the hybrid no mind, still enveloped in their own conversation. For the men trapped between the colossal woman’s hands, however, all hell broke loose. Humid blasts of wind forced them into the wood below, practically crushing their bodies into place. They could not move a single muscle, completely overcome by the girl’s ramen-scented belch. Screaming for help as their bones cracked under the pressure, the hunters could only cry as they were not even seen as human in the eyes of the titans above. Not even taking a moment to inspect the ants, Power slammed her hand on the wooden table, reducing the men to bloody specks that would be washed away during her next shower.


Possibly the worst off were those who had not only survived the feast, but also the woman’s gaze. Down below the table, four hunters had leapt from their execution grounds onto the floor below, landing on the fiend’s shoe which continued to rock back and forth in excitement. With their size, it wasn’t hard to hold on. Figuring that it would be better to wait until the fiend had fallen asleep, the group gathered at the high-end of her shoelaces, using the massive jungle of ropes as cover to wait out the night. Almost immediately following their settling, however, something horrifying began to occur.

All four hunters were getting smaller. 


Soon the laces above began to expand into massive god-like structures, and the group themselves were sent tumbling downwards as the very fibers of the shoe that Power had been wearing all day expanded into a gaping abyss. Expecting to hit some sort of object, the surrounding area remained completely pitch-black as the group continued to fall through the shoe and into the fibers of the cotton sock inside. It was practically drenched in sweat, resulting in a feminine but unmistakable foul odor which wrapped them in its hold. Now tangled in the seemingly soaking wet sock, the hunters could do nothing but cry out as their world was enveloped in the sweat of the demon-human. They were motes of dust now, clinging to the fiend’s sock for survival. Having unknowingly eradicated a portion of the lower sector, Power continued to be incapable of sitting still as she waited for her next bowl to come.