- Text Size +

                Lying atop a pile of rough wool and buried beneath another, a sense of wrongness assailed John, his head reeling from the sudden discharge of magic. The air felt thick, his lungs laboring just a little more to draw breath. All around him, the fibers of the woolen cloth seemed larger and rougher, irritating his skin. With a growing awareness, he realized he was naked, as well as what it signified.

                “That bastard!” Grumbling to himself, John lifted his arms, struggling to untangle himself from the mass of cloth he now recognized as his own pants. The rough woolen fabric that had only moments earlier been a barely noticeable burden now crushed down atop him with a weight that barely allowed the man to move. Struggling to move among the folds of wool, a jolt of pain shot through the man’s temple, causing him to wince and hiss.

“Ugh… My head.” Bringing his hand up to his forehead, John noticed a pounding in his skull. Apparently, Airy’s magic had done a number on him, even if it hadn’t caused him outright pain. Rubbing his temple in an attempt to soothe the headache he could feel forming, John looked around, just able to make out his woolen surroundings by the light filtering through the fabric around him.

                “John?” Airy’s voice sounded exactly the same, despite his presumed change in height. John had always wondered whether or not the fairy’s voice was amplified by magic, given his normal sounding tone despite his diminutive stature. Now, noticing that the fairy’s voice hadn’t changed despite his change in size, John realized that it was neither. Of course, that little tidbit of information was of little concern at the moment to the struggling human.

                “John? Where are you?” The cloth around John shuffled as the fairy continued to call out, presumably as Airy looked for his shrunken friend. Of course, the fairy’s concern did little to assuage the furious human. Inside his mind, he had already decided to bag and sell the fairy as soon as he was restored to normal height, further profits be damned. Taking a deep breath to steady himself, John reigned in his seething rage before calling out to the fairy, lest he piss the sensitive prick off and delay his restoration to normal size.

                “I’m here!” Even to his own ears, his shout sounded muffled, the wool around him swallowing his voice. Realizing his yell wasn’t enough, John waved his arms, making the cloth around him wiggle as he sought the hated fairy’s attention. His efforts were rewarded as a series of trembles could be felt through the cloth, growing closer with every passing step.

                “Where are you?” Nearer by, John heard Airy’s voice from up above. Doubtlessly, the little bastard was flying overhead, attempting to identify John from amongst the folds of cloth.

                “Under here!” Calling out, John sensed some movement nearby as part of the light filtering through the wool around him was blocked off.

                “Is he here?” Hearing the fairy mumble overhead, John was relieved as he felt the majority of the weight upon his back ease as the little menace lifted the cloth up off of his body. As he did so, John noticed a beam of unobstructed light from a short distance away. An exit!

                “Hold on! I think I saw the way out. Just keep doing what you’re doing.” Shouting, John crawled his way towards the light, failing to hear a response. The rough wool scraped his hands and knees as he moved towards the exit, catching John by surprise. If this is what wool felt like at this size, it was no wonder fairies preferred to be naked. Seconds later, the young man stepped out into the world once more, his point of view vastly different from before.

                Standing atop the small boulder which had previously served as his seat, John felt his breath catch, his heart skipping a beat as the sheer scale of the world around him caused the man to freeze. The rock, which had before served admirably as a stool, now appeared so large that it was as if he were purchased upon a plateau. The grass, barely standing above the edge of the boulder, seemed like massive oaks whose girth match that of his own chest. An impossibly far distance away, John could spot his bag of art supplies resting in the grass, the leather bag as large as the stone upon which he perched. As a sudden shadow overtook John from behind, the man turned around in fright, coming face to face with Airy’s ankle.

                “John?” The human didn’t respond to Airy’s call, his gaze transfixed upon the foot in front of him as he tried to deny the apparent reality. The pale appendage looked soft and unblemished, as if the winged creature had never taken a step in its life, yet somehow dirt and grime were still caked upon the bottom edges. The toenails’ ends were rough and jagged, as if chewed into shape. However, despite the apparent neglect and filth, John was still assailed by the disgustingly sweet stink of fairy.

                “Why are you so small?” With a puppet-like stiffness, John raised his head, his field of view rising as he sought out the source of Airy’s voice. His eyes wandered up the pale legs, trailing the pallid pillars passed the fairy’s knees and up his slender thighs. Craning his neck, his eye froze upon the fairy’s cock, realizing with a jolt of dismay that the vulgar appendage was larger than himself. Discomforted, John’s gaze continued upwards, find two golden eyes staring down at him with surprised wonder.

                “Oh wow! You’re so cute! I bet you could fit up my nose.” At any other time, John would have bristled at being called cute by the annoying pest or disgusted at the suggestion of exploring his sinus cavity. However, the human was transfixed by a feeling beyond terror. Airy was so big… So colossal! Words failed to convey the overwhelming majesty one felt before a being so much larger. For the first time in his life, John felt insignificant, as if standing at the feet of a god: A petulant, negligent, capricious, and selfish god. Stupefied by the overwhelming difference in scale, John stood transfixed as the titan above him leaned down, his delicate hands rapidly growing to eclipse the human’s vision.

                Unlike the stories about lumbering giants, Airy’s hand moved at a regular speed, a blistering pace at John’s scale. In but a moment, the fairy’s velvety hand enveloped the human, his sweet fairy stink choking the smaller man. Shocked, John had only a moment to register the gentle warmth of Airy’s skin before the force of gravity suddenly grew impossibly strong and the human felt himself rising at an incomprehensible speed.

“I’ve never seen you naked before.” Before John could even realize that he had stopped moving, he found himself resting atop Airy’s palm, held before the fairy’s face. Vaguely, he realized their previous size difference had been almost perfectly reversed.  As the fairy’s sweet breath washed over him, John couldn’t help but become transfixed by the unnatural perfection of Airy’s face, noticing new details at his new size.

“I didn’t know humans grew hair down there!” At the fairy’s words, looked into the massive golden orbs before him, noticing their focused gaze upon his manhood. His stunned stupor broken, John was suddenly very aware of his nakedness, letting out a less-than-manly yelp as his hands rushed to cover his privates.

“Aw, I’m just looking!” With a pout, the fairy brought up his other hand, extending his index finger towards the human on his palm. John crossed his legs, defiantly attempting to conceal his groin despite the not-so-gentle prodding of the fairy’s digit.

Despite the irresistible force of the encroaching finger, John held strong, an impossibility until he remembered his new size. Just like insects could lift several times their own body weight with ease, John too enjoyed a newfound relative strength, born as a quirk from his new size. Of course in reality, he wasn’t stronger; His strength was simply greater compared to his own weight as a quirk of physics at this scale. Had Airy chosen too, he could have easily ripped John’s limbs away, though to do so would have risked harming his tiny friend. Instead, the somewhat gentle probing pushed John around, eventually flipping the man onto his stomach.

“Wow! There’s some in your butt too!” Blushing madly at the fairy’s words, John took a hand away from his genitals to cover his ass, mortified by the Airy’s curiosity.

“Wait!” With an undignified screech, John tried to get the fairy’s attention, his face burning and his eyes beginning to water.

“Did you say something?” Airy tilted his head in confusion.

“I said wait!!!” John forced every ounce of air from his lungs as he yelled.  After a moment’s pause, he felt the world shift once. A curtain of golden hear swept by him until an ear as tall as himself filled his vision.

“Quit poking my privates!” Shouting at the top of his lungs, John heard a faint echo from the fleshy tunnel before him, watching as the tiny hairs lining the passage trembled with his voice.

“Why not? I just wanted to see.” Airy let out a childish grumble as he spoke, not seeing the harm in his actions. Suddenly, John remembered the little nuisances previous confusion about personal boundaries. What was an annoyance from a fairy the size of your palm could very easily become a living hell from a titan hundreds of times your size. Realizing the danger, John recognized he needed to establish boundaries or else he might be violated in other ways before he could even ask to be restored to normal.

“It’s considered rude among humans to touch or look at another human’s privates without permission.” In the past, explaining the nuances of human culture to the fairy had proven pointless. So far, saying humans considered something mean or rude had been the only way John had discovered to actually establish boundaries with the winged menace.

“Oh, I see! So, can I look at your privates?” Without missing a beat, the fairy immediately asked to examine John’s manhood. After a moment’s consideration, John swallowed the refusal threatening to burst from his throat. Even at full size, Airy hadn’t always responded well to the word “no.” Now that the size differences had been reversed, he was fearful that the fairy might not care about John’s consent.

“Um, okay. But only once I’m back to full size.” John decided to walk a middle ground, promising the fairy what he wanted, but at a later date. It was a safe response that John had used in the past when he wanted to refuse one of Airy’s more annoying requests, but didn’t want to sour his mood. More often than not, the little menace forgot the promise altogether. Seemingly satisfied, the fairy nodded his giant head before opening his mouth once more.

“Why are you so quiet?” Before John could even begin to ask to be restored to normal size, the fairy fired off another question.

“I don’t know. How do you still sound normal?” John too had been wondering why there was basically no difference in Airy’s voice, despite the reversal of their relative sizes.

“I don’t know. Magic?” Though John couldn’t seen Airy’s face from beside his ear, he couldn’t mistake the confused tilt of the fairy’s head as the golden curtain of hair before him tilted away.

“Human’s don’t have magic!” John couldn’t keep the frustration out of his voice, though it seemed the larger creature didn’t mind.

“Wait! Then how do humans talk?” Once again, John discovered something new about fairies. Apparently, they talked via magic! John felt his head begin to throb once more as his earlier headache returned. However, before he could even think to ask why fairies moved their lips when they spoke if they weren’t even making noises, John had more important priorities.

“Change me back!” Before Airy could derail the conversation even further, John shouted out his demand. However, rather than beginning the nonsensical back and forth John was used to in order request anything of the fairy, Airy was ominously quiet. After a few agonizing seconds of silence, the fairy finally opened his mouth.

“Hey, John…” Airy’s voice shook as he spoke.

No…

“Don’t be mad…” The trembling in Airy’s voice grew stronger.

Nooooooo…

 “But, hear me out …” Airy’s hesitation was palpable as, for the first time in John’s experience, the fairy seemed to show remorse.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!

“I can’t…” John could feel the fairy’s entire body shift through the palm beneath him, clearly uncomfortable.

“What!!!” John felt his mind go blank at the fairy’s words.

“Shrinking you took all my magic. I’m empty.” The fairy actually sounded regretful.

“But you said you could turn me back to normal.” John’s voice sounded hollow and broken.

“I can… Tomorrow… I need to recover my magic first...” The fairy’s discomfort was palpable, not that John cared.

A whole day… A WHOLE DAY!!!

This was a disaster. For a whole day, John would be at the mercy of this… this… John found himself struggling to find an insult strong enough to describe this… thing! John felt himself beginning to hyperventilate, dots dancing across his vision as the full implications of his situation began to play out in his head.

He needed to stay calm. The last thing he needed was to go on an angry tirade against Airy and lose the reprehensible bastard’s good will. He needed that fairy, at least until he was restored to normal size again. However, despite the rational part of his mind, John couldn’t hold back his emotions.

“But why am I so small!!!” Being fairy sized was one thing… But this!?

“… I messed up…” After a long pause, Airy spoke. Once again, John witnessed another new emotion from his winged tormentor: Embarrassment.

“I was excited. I’ve never had a human my size to play with and I was looking forward to showing you so many fun things-“ For perhaps the first time in history, Airy interrupted his own rambling. The fairy brought John around to the front of his face, looking down at his human friend with a defeated expression and watery eyes. Large tears began to form in the innocent creature’s eyes as he saw the crestfallen form in his palm.

“I’m sorry John. Now we won’t be able to play…” The fairy sniffed as tears began to fall from his eyes. John had heard of the value of fairy tears before, but in his current state, not even greed could rouse him from his despondency and disbelief. Of course! Airy wasn’t upset with having shrunk John, or even really upset that his human friend was on the verge of a mental breakdown. He was upset that John was too small to play with.

“Wait!” Suddenly, Airy looked at John with widening eyes, his bird-brain working at high speed. Moments later, the fairy’s face lit up with excitement, a child-like grin splitting his face from ear to ear. However, rather than sharing the fairy’s enthusiasm, John felt a growing sense of danger.

“Actually, this is great!” As anticipation bubbled within the fairy, Airy’s palm began to shake, almost sending the human tumbling over the side. Away from the fairy’s ear, John’s shouts of alarm failed to reach his larger tormentor.

“Don’t you see! Now’s it’s my turn to be the big one!” With a childlike grin of wonder, Airy stared down at John, ignoring the human’s growing discomfort.

“You’re always taking care of me and bringing sweets… So now I can return the favor! No, it’s even better!” Airy suddenly let out a squeal of excitement.

“Don’t you see!?” Airy looked down at the human in his hand, his earlier despondency completely forgotten.

“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! I’ve heard stories of fairies playing with giant humans, but never the other way around!” Wrapping both hands around John, the fairy pulled the shrunken human against his torso in a crushing hug.

Suddenly, John found his face pressed up against the smooth skin of Airy’s slender chest, his cheek digging into the silky flesh around him. Up against the fairy, John experienced the magical creature’s body odor at an all new level of intensity, gagging on the sugary aroma. Meanwhile, Airy’s body heat seeped into the tiny human through the hands and chest around him, violating him with their warmth and filling John with a feeling of repulsion he couldn’t quite explain. Airy embraced his shrunken human, ignoring the frantic struggles within his hands until he pulled John away, holding him in front of his face once more.

Staring up at the beaming face above, John felt torn. So far as he could tell, he was fucked for the next day at least, assuming Airy restored him to normal as soon as possible. No matter what he said or what he did, Airy couldn’t grow him back to full size today, so John was at a crossroads. On the one hand, his chances of surviving on his own for even a day were slim-to-none. On the other, he’d almost rather die than spend another moment in this vulgar creature’s palm. Quietly, John considered his options.

“But what about my art supplies?” Rather than spending the day with this damned fairy, it might be better to take his chances hiding out in his bag. Of course, away from Airy’s ear, the fairy couldn’t understand John’s words. However, the human’s frantic gestures towards the nearby pack were clear enough.

“I’m sure they’ll be fine.” Airy dismissed John’s concerns with a wave of his hand, not understanding the young man’s true intentions. A wave of irritation rolled over the shrunken human.

However, despite the fire in his chest, John found himself shivering, suddenly noticing a chill creeping up his extremities. It was a warm spring day, so even naked, he shouldn’t be cold. And yet, now that the excitement and turmoil of being shrunk was wearing off, John was starting to realize that he couldn’t feel his toes. Startled, John waved his hands until he got the fairy’s attention and Airy once more brought the human up to his ear.

“I’m cold.” John’s voice sounded weak, even to his own ears as the trembling in his body grew stronger. What was happening? Could this be another symptom of his shrunken state?

Suddenly, John was reminded of a boiling pot. Whenever he boiled water to cook, didn’t it take longer for a larger pot to bubble? The human had never really thought about it before, but perhaps the root of his problem was the same. If a smaller pot got hot faster, wouldn’t it make sense that it would cool faster as well? Recognizing that the principle applied to himself, fear added to John’s trembling as he realized that, despite the warm weather, he might just freeze to death.

“You’re cold?” Airy tilted his head in confusion, causing his golden hair to sway.

“Airy, you don’t wear clothes in the winter, right? How do you stay warm?” John rubbed his hands against his arms as he spoke, hugging himself to try to conserve heat.

“That’s easy. I use my magic silly.” The fairy shrugged as he spoke, jostling John.

“Do you think you could share some of that magic with me?” If he hadn’t been so cold, John might have broken out in a nervous sweat, realizing Airy’s answer my determine his life or death. Unless of course he was willing to get a lot more intimate with the fairy in order to stay warm.

“Oh, of course!” Thankfully, Airy’s answer dismissed John’s worst fears. The palm beneath John glowed for just a moment, bathing the human in its golden light. However, once the radiance withdrew, John noticed a shimmering light hovering just above his body like a second skin, matching Airy’s. Encompassed by the thin  layer of light, John felt warmth return to his body once more.

However, along with warmth came the stink of fairy. This time, John couldn’t just smell the stench of nectar and spring, he could taste it. If felt like Airy had crawled inside his mouth and rubbed his ass  against John’s tongue. The human felt his eyes water as a vomitous belch escaped his throat. Choking back his nausea, John glared at the fairy’s ear accusingly.

“I thought you said you were out of magic” No longer worried about freezing to death, John turned his attention back to his unwitting tormentor, barely choking down a gag as he spoke.

“That’s not magic. I’m just sharing my aura with you.” Airy shrugged as he spoke.

“What an aura exactly?” John didn’t know the first thing about magic or aura, so even though he doubted Airy’s explanation would be of any help, he had to ask.

“You seem my glow?” Airy wiggled his fingers around John, drawing the tiny human’s attention to the glimmering golden light attached to his skin.

“That’s my aura. It protects me from everything! Cold, heat, falling, drowning, being stepped on-” Airy started to list off how amazing his aura was, growing more arrogant with every item.

“Is that why you smell that way!?” John was aghast, finally realizing that the saccharine stench he’d been inhaling for months was the product of Airy’s magic.

“Pretty awesome isn’t it? It’s also how we fairies talk.” Airy struck a pose, reveling in his supposed glory.

“Wait, so am I protected?” Despite the constant assault against his senses, John still managed to pick out the important details. This glow protected Airy, so shouldn’t it protect him as well? Thankfully, the human’s senses of taste and smell were already starting to grow numb, reducing the cloying assault to something tolerable. Airy turned to John, smiling and giving him a quick nod.

“Then, can you amplify my voice so that I can speak with you normally?” John at least hoped that if he and the fairy could communicate, it would be easier to maintain some boundaries. However, Airy shook his head, slapping John with his golden curtain of hair in the process.

“My aura doesn’t amplify sound, it creates it. How am I supposed to talk for you? It’s not as if I can read minds.” Airy turned his head to face John, shooting him a helpless look.

“Oh! Also, don’t get too far from me, okay? My aura won’t last very long once we stop touching.” At Airy’s words, John realized that hiding out in his bag was no longer an option. Even if left undisturbed, without Airy’s aura, he wouldn’t last an hour, let alone a day. His choices were either spend the day with the fairy or freeze to death.

“So, how far away is your village?” Swallowing his disgust, John decided to make the best of a bad situation. With the protective aura, as long as Airy didn’t leave him somewhere, he had a pretty healthy chance of surviving until tomorrow. Of course, that was assuming this aura was as effective as the fairy suggested. Thinking further, John determined that since he was stuck like this for a day, he might as well try to find the location of the village. Promising himself that he’d wring Airy’s filthy neck once everything was over, John suppressed his feelings towards his temporary guardian.

“It’s not far.” Excited, Airy closed his fist around John, holding the human so that only his head was poking out above the fairy’s delicate fingers. Clutching him to his chest, the enthusiastic chaperone flew off, an unheard squeal of terror stifled against his chest. John watched in panic as the world around him whizzed by, his face buffeted by an angry gale.