- Text Size +

The origin of the appearance of super abilities is unknown but the origin of tinies is known. When the first round of super people were born it took a while for anyone to realize they had powers as they couldnt really manifest them that well until they matured. The origin of tiny people stems from the story of one of these girls. A girl named Gwen. For years Gwen knew something was different about her. She thought it was luck. Everytime she was angry at someone and wanted them to get sick they would, in the exact way they wanted. Her bully in high school suddenly would get terrible sickness every time there was a big school event, if she saw people hanging out with someone she liked they would get sick pretty soon after too. Unknown to her she had the unique ability called 'virality'. Virality allows the user to create and inject a disease of their choosing into a person. She had been using it unconsciously for a very long time.

Eventually she went off to college. She was never very socially active or popular in high school so she wanted to branch out more in college. it took a while but eventually she met a guy she liked. They started hanging out a lot. Nothing ever actually happened between them but she believed him to be her soul mate. One day she found him sleeping with some other random girl. She was furious. She locked herself in her dorm with her thoughts.

'That pathetic little man. I cant believe he would fucking do this. I wish his height matched his pathetic tiny personality. I wish anyone who was stupid enough to give him the time of day was fucking tiny too.'

At the time Gwen didnt mean anything malicious by then. She was caught up in her emotions and needed to get it out. Her anger only fueled the ability. Within the hour the boy had shrunk to 2 inches in the middle of a crowded chem lab.

Normally her ability wouldve stopped there but her spiraling emotions blamed anyone that even came close to him which made her first infectious sickness. The virus wasnt perfect and needed to bind to a certain type of gene that wasnt extremely common in order to have a reasonable chance of activating. This was enough tho. The virus wasnt contained in time after that and spread worldwide before anyone knew what happened. Gwen could see things spiraling on the news and locked herself in her room watching the news. It only took about 2 weeks for the virus to spread. Scientifically the virus didnt make sense so most places believed it to be a hoax. Gwen was still locked in her room. She had been ordering food to be delivered here but deliverys had been stopped a few days prior and she hadnt eaten for a while now. Suddenly a news story started to play that caught her interest. It was being filmed live in a building near by.

"We are live here with what is believed to be patient zero. He was first..." Gwen watched as the giant reporter droned on with the tiny little boy sitting in her massive hand. Part of her hoped the reporter would just close her fist and smash the little pest live but she knew it wouldnt happen. She changed clothes quickly and headed over fast. The story had finished by the time she arrived and the reporter was setting the tiny on the floor. 

"Cant you take me somewhere safe"

"Sorry but the news cant be responsible for keeping bugs safe"

She walked away leaving the boy all alone to walk somewhere safe. He started walking down the road and crossed paths with gwen. 

This was what she had been waiting for. it was all worth it. She snatched the bug up in the air and slid it into her mouth. She couldnt wait, she was starving. She gulped and swallowed him whole with a smile.

She started to walk back to her apartment when suddenly she felt her world shift. She hadnt even considered the possibility that she wouldnt be immune to her own virus. Its unknown what happened to Gwen after that. Campus cameras show her getting picked up by a girl in all black and taken somewhere. Eventually the virus spread to every single person in the world and was transmitted into every child that was born. It took a while for the gene that could trigger it to activate tho which is why most shrinkings happen between 18 and 22