- Text Size +

 

 

I open my eyes to the darkness. The air is filled with dust. Through my groggy eyes I see the flakes of it float around me. As I get up, I realize I am naked and lying on a vast, rugged plain of what seems like a carpet. Where am I? More importantly, who am I?

 

Standing up, I look around. The plain stretches before me. I'm in a cave or something similar, as I notice it has a ceiling. Or, something similar. A series of wide, wooden beams, upon which something vast and white rests. A frame, I realize. Every now and then the white part bends, shifts, and a low rumble resonates with it.

 

There is a light on the horizon and I decide to walk towards it. It's hard to walk on the rugged terrain, it's hard to breathe the musky air, but still I move forward. Then the rumble begins once more, this time louder, as if the sky itself was about to burst. I see a movement before me; two impossibly vast, heavy objects descend from above and rest on the plain. Enormous and still, like two forgotten temples.

 

I walk on. After what seems like an eternity I approach the two objects. My heart almost sinks when I realize I'm staring at a pair of human feet. Female, to be precise, and so enormous the smallest toes of which dwarf me. The skin is dark and vast, the arch of both are so wide and tall I could walk beneath them. Even the toenails, painted in a deep shade of red, are bigger than my entire body.

 

I press on between the enormous feet, hypnotized by what I'm seeing. How could it be possible for someone to be this colossal? Or is it me who's utterly minuscule? If so, how did I end up like this? Soon I make it past the massive columns of the toes and into the vast expanse before me. But I never get to explore it further, as I hear a noise. Something like a voice and something like a thunder: "Oh, there you are".

 

I look up, again and again, past the gigantic legs and body, all the way up to the colossus' face. Despite her terrifying size, she's beautiful. Her eyes are dark, her frizzy hair jet-black, her lips are full. They part as the giantess speaks to me again. "I was wondering what happened to you". Her voice is low and soft, yet viciously loud to my tiny ears, despite her speaking in nothing more than a whisper. "At first I thought, maybe you got too small, maybe I crushed you while I rolled in my sleep or inhaled you. Something undignified like that. But no". She leans in to take a better look at me, a speck at her feet. And smiles. It seems familiar, and so does she. A memory creeps in, of a bar, a woman and a night spent together. "Somehow you ended up under my bed. Still... I overdid it. You're way too small to have fun with, so..."

 

She doesn't say anything further. I see her left foot rise above me, her massive, wide sole loom over my insignificant frame. I notice pieces of lint and crumbs stuck to its surface, some of them longer than my body. I don't try to run - it would be pointless, I realize, and I stand still, waiting for the inevitable. Not a second later her foot starts to descend on me and so my life ends, like that of an insect. The last thing I ever feel is the pressure, before my body gets mushed into a tiny red stain on her sole.