- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Commissioned by TheDARGX

-----

Rebecca had been waiting in the Spencer Mansion's garden for a while now. She had agreed to meet here with Jill Valentine a couple hours ago, the other woman having assured her that she'd be waiting for her in the gardens, but Rebecca had seen no sign of her on her arrival and there was still no sign of her. The howling of dogs could occasionally be heard off in the distance, thankfully never growing closer, but still, she didn't want to be caught outside all alone if they did decide to approach. “I'll wait ten more minutes, and if she's not here by then I'll go look for her,” she told herself. With how crazy the mansion was, who knew what kind of misfortune might have befallen her fellow STARS member.

As it turned out, however, Jill was much closer than she suspected. Having accidentally been in contact with an experimental substance, Jill Valentine had found her size reduced to that of an insect—and not one of those giant mutant ones, either. She had already been waiting for Rebecca in the mansion gardens when the concoction's effects first manifested. First she began feeling woozy and eventually passed out. When she woke up, the world around was thoroughly transformed and it took her a long time to figure out what had happened as she scurried around on the floor, making barely any progress.

When she had first seen Rebecca arrive, she had tried calling to her, but it proved futile. Her voice at this size was much too weak to reach the younger woman's ears. Rebecca had walked right towards her, her enormous boots threatening to stamp her out without ever having been aware of her existence, leaving her lost forever as a tiny stain on the garden floor, her fate never to be known. However, Jill had just barely managed to run out from under the shadow of her boot before it crushed her to a pulp. Panting heavily from the fear and exertion of having escaped her narrow doom, she collapsed on the ground, waiting to see what Rebecca would do. Once she saw her take a seat on a stone bench, Jill got up and began making her way over to the giant woman.

By now she had traversed most of the distance and was approaching Rebecca's boots, whose toes rose into the air like a pair of hills. She didn't have much of a plan in mind—just hope that Rebecca stayed put long enough to allow her to climb her body and eventually reach her ear.

As soon as she arrived at one of the boots, she began climbing it hand over foot, eventually making it up onto its surface. From there she glanced up again, seeing Rebecca's face far overhead. Compared to her, Rebecca was hundreds of feet tall. To climb all the way up to her head seemed a daunting task. She was a fairly fit person, but she didn't know if she would be able to climb all the way up there. Still, she'd never find out if she didn't try.

Steeling herself, she went up to the shin of the boot and began to climb up the shaft, using its bootlaces to pull herself up. She had made it a little over halfway up when suddenly Rebecca shifted her foot, causing Jill to lose her grip and tumble back down onto the boot. Holding her head after her fall, she looked up and saw that Rebecca was already getting up. She had lost her opportunity.

Rebecca stood and began pacing about the gardens, still unaware of the tiny Jill down on her boot, clinging to its laces to avoid being thrown off. Eventually, however, as she walked around, Jill let go of the laces and was thrown off onto the ground. As she picked herself up, she saw Rebecca turn and begin walking back to where she had landed. If she didn't move fast, she would get stepped on this time for sure. She scrambled up and began running away, doing her best to get away from Rebecca's footfalls. She had barely managed to dodge the fall of her boots when Rebecca turned around again and she was forced to run yet again. Over and over this happened, until one time, as Rebecca was approaching her, Jill tripped and fell. She had no chance of running away now, so as the boot loomed over her, she curled up and shut her eyes, bracing for her end.

The boot came down with a monstrous, deafening THUD—and yet, Jill was still alive. Confused, she opened her eyes and saw that she had ended up under Rebecca's boot treads. Curled up as she was, she was like a tiny pebble, small enough to fit under the boot without being crushed by it. Then, as the boot rose up and swung away from her, she rolled onto her back and stayed there, feeling numb all over. After such a scare, she could barely think. She looked over, however, as Rebecca approached again.

Rebecca sat back down and brought her foot onto the bench. She undid the laces and pulled the boot off, then stripped her sock off as well before doing the same with her other foot. Her boots had gradually gotten more uncomfortable for her over the past few hours and she figured she might as well take the chance to give her feet some fresh air now, before she went off to try and find Jill. She set her feet back on the ground, waiting for her sweat to evaporate off of them.

Jill was now situated right between Rebecca's feet. After having spent hours in her boots, their smell was really strong now, enough to make her eyes water, especially at her current size, as their musty, humid smell pervaded all the air around her. She got back to her feet and approached one of Rebecca's feet. She leaned against one of the giant toes whose size vastly outstripped her own, putting her hand against the warm, humid skin. When it twitched in response, the movement caused her to stumble back and fall on her ass. Then Rebecca stretched her toes, raising them up above the tiny Jill. Her feet slid forward just an inch—far enough for her toes to hang right over Jill. As she set her foot back down, Jill ended up right between two of her toes, which squeezed together and held her tightly. Jill squirmed and tried to escape from their grip, her movements tickling Rebecca's toes and prompting them to rub against each other to try and deal with the sensation. Eventually, however, she managed to free her arms from their grip and slowly pull herself up from between them, finally standing on top of Rebecca's toenail. Another errant twitch almost throw her back down, however, and now she hung from the edge of Rebecca's toenail as the giant foot was lifted high into the air.

Rebecca slipped her sock back on, completely enveloping the shrunken Jill in its fabric, which, pulled taut over her foot, pinned the tiny woman to her skin. Then she put the boot back on and did the same with the other foot. Having had enough of waiting, she stood and headed back into the mansion, determined to find the other STARS members.

Meanwhile, as she began walking, Jill was trying to deal with the violent upheavals she experiences whenever Rebecca took a step. Held between the still-damp fabric and Rebecca's foot, which had already started to sweat again, she herself was quickly getting soaked in Rebecca's sweat. The tautness of the sock held her in place at first, for which she was grateful. As bad as her situation was, it would have been even worse if she weren't being held down and were instead being thrown around the empty space of Rebecca's boot like a tiny pebble. Still, as time went on and Rebecca kept walking, the impact of her steps caused Jill to begin sliding further back along the sock. She spent some time under the arches of Rebecca's toes, and there she clung fiercely to the huge sock. If she slid any further back, she thought, she would be crushed under Rebecca's foot as her weight came to rest on her minuscule body. Despite her efforts to hold on, eventually she grew exhausted and she slipped, ending up under the ball of Rebecca's foot. The tremendous weight of the other woman fell onto her but, miraculously, she survived. She wasn't even in pain. Perhaps this was an effect of the substance that had shrunk her. Either way, she was glad to be alive, even if it was just as a living insole. So long as she lived, there was still a chance that she could make it through this and get her normal size back. She would wait as long as she had to for it. She just wished she could spend her waiting somewhere more comfortable...