Chance of a Lifetime by The Ice King
Summary:

A woman with a fairy friend gets a very special present


Categories: Adventure Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Doll (12 in. to 6 in.), Minikin (3 in. to 1 in.)
Size Roles: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 3470 Read: 18328 Published: July 29 2015 Updated: July 29 2015

1. Life as a fairy by The Ice King

2. Memories by The Ice King

3. Changes by The Ice King

4. Learning by The Ice King

Life as a fairy by The Ice King

Sarah awoke as she always did these days, going from a full sleep to instantly awake in a matter of seconds. It was one of the benefits of her condition, she didn’t need much sleep. It also meant she was awake a lot and had more time to think than she liked.

Despite knowing exactly what her situation was she still found herself hoping that it had all been a very vivid dream and that she’d wake up next to Brad like she used to.

But that hope never lasted very long as she sat on the edge of her bed and her feet hung a couple feet above the floor. She slid off the bed and sighed when she saw that her chest was level with the top of the mattress.

Even though she was alone in the house, she still felt the need to walk quietly and make as little noise as possible. In some ways it made her feel more normal, as if there were other people in there with her that she didn’t want to disturb. As she walked down the hall toward the kitchen she passed the nursery that she knew would never be used, a spare bedroom that she had jokes about having “guests” stay in, and finally the bathroom. It was strange but she somehow missed having the need for that room. She laughed at herself as she thought about what exactly she was missing and moved into the kitchen.

As she entered it she saw a large table with six chairs she could sit in if she climbed up but rarely bothered since she never ate in her house anyway. She walked past the fridge, noting how huge it looked and how strange it was not hearing the usual hum refrigerators usually made and entered her living room. 

Once in there she picked up the clothes she had left in a pile by the door last night and put them on. When she was dressed in her usual outfit of short shorts and a T-shirt with no shoes, she opened the door and stood on her porch admiring the scenery.

 

Looking out across the vast expanse of the room, she saw on the clock by the bed that it was 2am. The two massive figures were lying in bed, embracing each other after a night of passion. She knew this because she was able to hear it all. She knew they tried to stay quiet and didn’t want to upset her, but her senses were stronger and she heard them anyway. In the five years since she became what she is, this was the hardest part. Seeing her with Brad. Kayla, the woman responsible for what she was now. She knew it was never her intention for this to happen, and in the beginning Kayla was just as upset about things as she was. But as time went on and the romance in her marriage to Brad faded, he and Kayla grew closer.  She was a little hurt when they first confronted her about it, she actually took off for a few days which terrified both of them, but when she thought about it, it really was for the best. Since then the three were on great terms. She would even sometimes join them in their activities which was a unique experience for all of them, but after a while even that lost its charm and they mostly just kept to themselves. Brad and Kayla tried to keep her included in their lives, and she appreciated it, but she found herself longing for more lately. She still loved them both but they felt like old friends that she only saw once in a while these days.

 

She decided to head outside and wait for sunrise. She found that being outside made her feel much better than it ever did as a human. Even though she’d been this way for five years now she still marveled at how easy it was for her to fly. Her wings just felt like a natural part of her body that she couldn’t imagine not having. She used to ask Kayla if she missed hers in the beginning and she would insist that she barely even remembered what it felt like but she could see from the look in her eyes that she did, at least at first. Now when she asked she really did believe her. 

As she rose up and off the table containing her house, she made sure to keep her light as dim as she could so she wouldn’t disturb the sleeping giants. This was another thing she just did without really thinking about, her light was just a part of who she was. There was no effort required, it just happened.

She flew up and out of the window that they always kept open a crack just for her and headed to roof where she had a small hand towel laid out where she would just lie awake under the stars and take in all that her fairy senses would allow her. Despite assurances from Kayla she was very nervous about being outside at first out of fear that a hawk or some other animal would eat her, but this fear was quickly alleviated when she met her first animal and realized that they all had an understanding. She couldn’t quite talk to them but she could feel their thoughts and knew that all animals had a deep respect and love for fairies. She even had several animals that she considered friends who would visit her from time to time. 

The air had a late Autumn chill, and if she had been human she would be freezing but with her fairy body she was never bothered by any extreme weather. No matter if it was hot or cold she always felt just right. As she looked up at the sky, she found her mind wandering back to that fateful day when her life changed forever.

 

Memories by The Ice King

The day dragged on and on for Sarah at work. Brad was away for the weekend and Kayla would be visiting for the first time in few months. Since she got married, Sarah was seeing less and less of her fairy friend and she really missed her. She was starting to think she might not see her again when one as she was getting ready for work she looked down on her dresser and saw the familiar five inch figure of her fairy friend.

 

“Kayla!” she yelled as she picked her up and brought her close to her face for the closest they could get to a hug with their size differences.

When they were done the fairy sat cross legged in her palm as she held it out enough that she could see her.

“Where have you been? I was afraid I’d never see you again”, she asked some angrily but mostly relieved.

 

“Nowhere important”, Kayla replied, “mostly just fairy business that I won’t bore you with”

 

Sarah smiled at this knowing that there was nothing about the fairy world she could ever find boring. She’d told Kayla many times that she’d be happy to work the fairy equivalent of a dead end 9 - 5 job if she could just find a way to make her small enough to visit. For the first few years of their friendship Kayla said she might know of a way to make it happen but after a while was starting to think that the stories she had heard were just that, stories. Until now, that is.

 

“Buuut, there was one thing I was able to find that I think you’re really going to enjoy”,  she told Sarah, “but I needed to wait until you had a free weekend to give it to you”

 

“Wait, how do you know I have a free weekend?” Sarah asked, “have you been watching me?” She wasn’t exactly mad, but she was a little irritated that her friend never contacted her the whole time she was spying on her. She was about to give her little friend a piece of her mind but was stopped when she heard, 

 

“I found a way to make you a fairy!”

“NO WAY!” Sarah exclaimed, raising her hands to her face in excitement causing the tiny woman in her palm to fall for a second before righting herself and hovering in front of her face.

 

“Yup! It wasn’t easy and there are a few rules we need to go over but for the next three days you’re going to be one of the fae folk”

 

Sarah looked confused, “You mean I’ll actually be a fairy like you? You’re not going to just shrink me and bring me to your village?”

 

“That’s right!” Kayla proudly proclaimed, “I found a very old, barely used spell that will allow me to transfer some of our fairy magic into you, making you every inch a fairy. For these three days you’ll be exactly the same as me. Isn’t this great?”

 

“You have no idea!” Sarah replied, then added sullenly, “but I have to work today. There’s no way I can call in sick. Can this wait until I get home?”

 

Kayla looked disappointed but said, “sure. I’ll be waiting for you here while you’re wasting your time being a big clumsy human longer than you need to”

 

Sarah really wanted to just say F it and not go to work but she knew she’d lose her job if she did, and fairy friends or not, she still needed to earn a living so she said with a sigh, “Ok. I’ll be home as soon as I can”.

 

 

She drove home as fast as traffic allowed, pulling into her driveway faster than she probably should have and knocking over her trash cans. She’d get them later, she decided as she ran upstairs to her bedroom to see Kayla lying on her bed waiting for her.

 

“Did you wait this whole time?”, she asked

 

Kayla laughed and said, “No. I actually just got here when you did. I just thought it would be funny if I acted like I was waiting for you. Now, are you ready?”

 

Sarah nodded and Kayla flew up over her heard and told her, 

 

“Alright. Get ready”

 

Changes by The Ice King

Sarah stood silently as she watched the fairy fly around in a circle just above her head while chanting something in a language she didn’t recognize. She knew a lot of words in the fairy language but this was different. After about a minute of this she saw Kayla’s light grow brighter and start to creep down toward her. At the same time, she noticed that it was starting to look like the fairy was flying higher and higher over her head. Knowing that her ceiling wasn’t high enough for her to keep ascending as much as it seems Sarah looked around and noticed that the entire room was getting bigger as she shrank. 

 

When she reached what she estimated to be around three feet tall she started to feel a tightness in her shoulder blades. It didn’t hurt but it didn’t feel very pleasant either. It was like an intense itching tightness that was only increasing as she watched the world around her grow bigger and bigger. 

The sensation stuck around even after she had stopped shrinking. It was starting to get to be more than she could handle when she heard a loud ripping sound followed by a POP! then it went away completely. 

Turning around she saw that she now had a pair of beautiful wings just like Kayla’s. She thought about moving them and they awkwardly fluttered, sending lightly glowing dust scattering when they did. Looking at her feet she saw that she was standing in a large (to her) pile of what she knew was fairy dust.

“Wow!”, she thought to herself, “This is my own fairy dust!” as she knelt and picked some up in between her fingers.

Kayla had described that the fairy dust is the source of all fairy magic before and she told her each fairy was connected to it in their own way, but she never understood exactly what that meant until now. 

She was fully aware of every grain of her dust, she knew how many there were and even that when she fluttered her wings she sent particles in all directions. She reached out in her mind toward the dust that was out of her reach and could feel it as it made its way back to her. When it was all gathered in one spot under her knees she saw it grow brighter and then fade until it was gone, having reverted back to its non-material form since it hadn’t been used and being absorbed back into her essence.

The feeling, like everything about this experience so far, was intense.

As she was gathering her thoughts she heard a pair of bare feet land behind her followed by a thud as Kayla dropped to her knees in a slump and started breathing heavily.

 

Sarah immediately jumped to attention and turned toward her formerly tiny friend to see if she needed help. The first thing she noticed was that Kayla was no longer the small person she had always known her as. She seemed bigger. A lot bigger when she thought about it and then realized that she never bothered to ask just how big she would be when she became a fairy. Kayla had told her that fairies ranged in size from one to six inches, making her one of the larger ones. 

As Sarah approached her she noticed that even kneeling down she looked pretty close to her height. This made her slightly nervous but she remember Kayla once telling her that a fairy’s size had nothing to do with their strength, plus she knew her friend would never hurt her even if it did matter. It was just disorienting seeing someone who several minutes ago was a tiny little thing now who knew how much bigger than herself.

Kayla’s breathing slowed to normal as she recovered and she looked up and saw Sarah as a fairy for the first time.

“Wow!” she said, as she rose to one knee and then shakily stood up, “you’re a small one!”, then added with a slight smile, “and look at your hair! I’ve never seen one of us with that color. But then again, I’ve never seen any of us who used to be human so maybe this is normal”.

 

Sarah was curious about the hair comment, but that thought was immediately overshadowed when she realized she was now about lower chest height to Kayla. She estimated that put her at three inches tall. She knew she’d be small, but she never thought she’d be that small. She had just assumed that since she was already a giant compared to fairies she’d end up on the larger end of the scale. It was obvious that was wrong. She felt a desire to panic that passed quickly when she felt the amazon fairy embrace her in a massive hug.

 

Learning by The Ice King

As they broke their embrace, Sarah looked up and around at her surroundings. She was amazed at how huge everything had become. 

 

“S-so how about you teach me to fly”, Sarah said looking up to her now giant friend. 

 

Kayla laughed and replied, 

 

“Not so fast little one”, smirking when she called her ‘little one’, “remember I said there were some serious rules we need to follow”

 

Sarah mock impatiently stomped her foot and blew a lock of hair that had fallen in her face then crossed her arms and waited for the rules. At her tiny size, Kayla found the act adorable.

 

“Relax, little friend”, she said patting the smaller fairy’s head, “this will only take a minute. Now, rule one - although you now have full access to all the magic we fairies possess, you can’t use it for personal gain in your human life.”

 

Sarah nodded.

 

Kayla looked down at Sarah, listening intently for the next rule and burst out laughing, 

 

“I’m just kidding about there being rules! Geez, your so gullible. It’s just one, and trust me the fairy definition of ‘rule’ isn’t even close to the human one. It’s more of a suggestion”, Sarah started to say something but then Kayla’s face turned serious and she added, 

“but there is one more thing. Only I can change you back when the spell has run its course”

 

Sarah simply nodded again, then perked up and asked, 

“Ok ok. Now can you teach me to fly?”

 

At that Kayla knelt down to bring the two face to face and said,

 

“Sure, but don’t you want some clothes first Tinkerbell?”

 

Sarah remembered the times she called Kayla that and the thought that it now applied to her excited and fascinated her. The reminder that she was naked also made her quickly cover herself with her hands. She noticed that every movement she made sent some of her dust flying, and with it the sensation of everything around her and she hoped she could learn to either control that better or block out all the stimulus she received because it was pretty distracting. 

 

Kayla reached down and easily removed the tiny woman’s hands, 

 

“What are you covering? It’s not like I haven’t seen them before”, she reached down and removed the arm across the smaller woman's blueberry sized breasts then cupped one in her hand then said, “although they were a lot bigger the last time” and laughed.

 

“Very funny”, Sarah replied as Kayla began her instructions on how to do fairy magic.

 

“Ok, now first you need to picture what you want to wear. Start with something simple, like a plain white dress”, Sarah did as instructed and Kayla went on “now flap your wings just enough to make a small amount of fairy dust come out. All you need is a small…” 

 

Before she could finish Sarah’s wings started fluttering wildly, sending dust everywhere causing Sarah to collapse from sensory overload as her range of awareness was increased to about a square foot, which at her size was like suddenly being aware of all the sounds, sights, smells, tastes, and feeling of an area the size of a large hotel room. Kayla smiled as she gently helped her back to her feet, saying,

 

“Well, that’s too much. I bet you’re senses are going nuts now, huh?”

 

Sarah, through all the sensory input was still able to focus on Kayla’s voice and nodded weakly.

With a wave of her hand, all of Sarah’s fairy dust instantly retracted back into her and she was back to normal again.

 

“Whoa! You have to teach me how to do that” Sarah said, “I thought I was going to pass out just now”

 

“Don’t worry, it’s a very basic spell. Once you know how to create just enough to make your dress you won’t need to worry about it. Now, try again but this time go very slow and think about only what you want”

 

Sarah did as she was told, working the muscles in her back that controlled her wings much more gently than before. Muscles that, until very recently she didn’t even have but were already feeling like a natural part of her. 

Once she could feel that she had a small amount of dust at her feet, she pictured the dress she wanted. Being cocky as always she decided she was going to make one with a floral pattern but as she pictured it in her head the design got away from as her mind wandered and she ended up with a dress that had, among other things, Kayla’s face, a cat she had seen in the alley behind work a few days ago, some messed up looking squid thing she didn’t even know what to make of, and in random spots in between, crudely drawn flowers that looked nothing like any flowers in reality.

 

“Ha! Nice try, but like I said you really should have started out simple” Kayla said as she swiped her hand down the length of the dress and made it just white. Sarah stuck out her tongue and twirled in her newly created dress, 

 

“You like?” she asked. Kayla nodded and patted her on the top of the head again. She didn’t think seeing her once massive friend so much smaller would ever get old.

 

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=5330