High School by Julianz
Summary:

The story of a tiny teenager trying to make his way through life. The hardest part being going to highschool, and facing the fact that his family is falling apart.


Categories: Teenager (13-19), Young Adult 20-29, Adult 30-39, Mature (40-49), Couples , Entrapment, Gentle, Humiliation, Violent Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Lilliputian (6 in. to 3 in.)
Size Roles: F/m, FF/m
Warnings: This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 18026 Read: 111974 Published: November 29 2012 Updated: January 10 2019

1. Introduction by Julianz

2. Happy Birthday! by Julianz

3. Morning by Julianz

4. Bianca and Rachel by Julianz

5. Family by Julianz

6. The Truth comes Out by Julianz

7. Gina by Julianz

8. The School by Julianz

9. Bullies and Gina's Lunch by Julianz

10. Tess by Julianz

11. Frienship and Harmful Words by Julianz

12. Forgotten by Julianz

13. Doubt by Julianz

Introduction by Julianz
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognized characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringment is intended. *********************************************

You know, most people go throughout their day, not thinking about the difficulties for other people. Like me. I've spent about ninety percent of my life in my mom's hands. She's WAYYYY too overprotective of me. Her name is Cindy Dixon. My name is Micheal Dixon. Son of the late famous Colonel George Dixon. He saved a small town from a bomb buried deep under the city's gas supply. Unfortunately, he was killed in Iraq. I haven't seen him since I was 6. I'm only 14 going on 15.

Anyways, as I was saying, I have several difficulties in my life. Since I'm only 3 inches tall. I was born at an amazing half an inch tall. My mom didn't know she was pregnant, because of my size. But somehow, I survived birth. My mother never told me the story, and I really don't need to know.

As I was saying, things that would seem easy to you are actually almost-impossible tasks to me. For instance, walking around the house. Maybe you could reach your room from the living room in a few seconds, right? Not for me. It takes a couple minutes. Because, my sister (Selena) is constantly walking around the house barefoot. I have to go out of my way to not get squished sometimes. But thats only when she's chatting on the phone and doesn't bother to look down.

My sister is a pretty 17-year-old brunette with almond colored eyes that you could melt in. Not really, but you get it. She towers over me, standing at about 5"8. My mom has all the same features as Selena. I, on the other hand, have short brown hair like my dad. My eyes are a light gray, unlike my dad. I never really understood why I had gotten Gray eyes, but hey, I'm not complaining.

I'm also not complaining about my family. My mother, thank god, is a tailor and made me clothes since I was born. My clothes were messed up here and there the first couple times. Now, she could make me pants, a shirt, and socks in about, 6 hours. My shoes are made from some material used to make actual shoes. They were specially ordered from a company that makes shoes your way.

Oh yeah, this would be a good time to mention my twin brother. His name is Jack. He was born 4 years after me, but looks exactly like me. He stands at about 2 and a half inches tall. Again, my mom didn't know she was pregnant with him. And boy am I glad he was born. I'd hate to be the only abnormal member of the family.

Also, I have a little sister, Jazzmine, only she's regular height. Right now she 12 and approximately 5"1 tall. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. When she was little, she'd play with me against my will. I was forced to play "Tea Party" until Selena saved me. And being saved by Selena is a 1 in 1,000 chance. My realationship with Selena has been dying over the years, now that we're older. She barely even makes eye-contact with me. The only time are family gathers up is on Sunday dinners. My mom would cook something up and we'd all sit at a small table.

But I have to say, my relationship with Jazzmine has gotten better. She apologized for all the things she made me do and I accepted. Honestly, Jazzmine has been a better sister to me than Selena. To Jack as well. Jack's and my bond with Jazzmine is REALLY strong. Jazzmine would do anything for us. But Selena won't. She's entered that "Rebelious" phase and the age where she wants the least to do with any of us. Sometimes I miss when I was little, I would cry and she would hold me against her cheek and rock me until I fell asleep. She was a better child than Jazzmine. She comforted me when I found out my dad had died.

I would give anything for the memory of her cradling me. Anything.

Happy Birthday! by Julianz

I wake up earlier than expected. I look at the window. Its still dark. I guess I have a couple more hours until breakfast. I look to my left and see Jack. He's asleep with his head at the foot of the bed and his leg is hanging off the bed while his blanket is on the floor. I chuckle because of the way he sleeps. I get out of my bed and walk over to his. I put his leg back on the bed and I cover him with the blanket. All he does is shift. I smile walk to the window of my little "house".

My friend, Mark, made me a wooden house in his woodshop class. He made it perfect. Everything is my size. I think he made it a couple years ago. My mom painted it and but little furniture in there. And I have to say, it looks like a real house. Speaking of woodshop, I've always wanted to go to real school. Meeting new people, learning things my mom couldn't teach. My mom has home-schooled me since I could walk. Don't get me wrong, she's a good teacher, but there were "some" things she couldn't teach me about.

Anyways, I look out my window and look across the wide valley of Selena's room. She's sleeping right across from my house. My house is on her bookshelf, right next to her radio and her jewlery. Sometimes, I turn up the radio and listen to music. Of course, Selena walks in and tells me to lower the volume. So, I do. Her room is giant at my size. Like an airplane hangar. Theres a little staircase leading up to the house that me and Jack use.

Today is my birthday. I'm finally 15. And, I know what I want. I'm finally going to ask my mom if I can got to real school. Since I'm 15, I am eligible to go to high school with my sister. Hopefully, my mom will say yes. I always wanted to see other people who aren't my brother and sisters and my mom. I want to learn more and see the outside world. Then again, she might say no. At my current size, I can easily be stepped on. The thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

My thoughts are interrupted by a very familiar voice.

"Happy Birthday Micheal." Says Jack, half asleep. He gets up out of his bed and walks over to me. "What are you doing?"

"I..... I don't know." I say, "I guess just looking out the window? And thank you Jack, today is going to be great. But, you need to go back to bed."

"You need to too!"

"I know. I be there right now. Let me just.... finish."

"Okay. Goodnight. I think." Then he walks back to his bed and falls asleep all to quickly. I'm startled by a loud noise in the kitchen. Jack bolts upright and looks at me.

"What Was That!?" he says scared.

I shake my head and say "I don't know. Let me check."

"I'm coming with you." He says bravely, as if he's going on a mission.

"No," I say, "you need to stay here. If I don't come back in a couple minutes, wake Selena. I'll be right back." He nods and looks out the window. I start on my way down the staircase. The steps are jagged and uneven, but I can still walk down them. On my descent, I pass several books. One, which is my favorite, being "The Borrowers". I've read that books so many times, I could recite any paragraph on any page. The thought of hiding among humans and "borrowing" their things, like in the book, excited me.

Anyways, I reach the floor and walk towards the kitchen. Its pitch black and I can barely see a thing. You're probably wondering why a 3-inch-tall 15-year-old is doing investigating a sound in the kitchen. You're also probably asking "If its something bad, what are you going to do? You're 3 inches tall!". Well, I can't just stay in my house! It can be a burglar! I can alert my sis- "HEY!"

I stop dead in my tracks. The voice came from behind me. I slowly turn around and see Jack, running towards me out of breath.

"What Are You Doing Here!?" I say.

"Selena," he says, huffing, "isnt..... there...."

"What do you mean she isn't there?"

He catches his breath and says "I got scared so I went to wake up Selena. When I got to the top of the bed, she was gone!"

"Then," I say, with a hint of fear in my voice, "where is she, and what was on her bed?"

My brother looks up and points. I turn around, facing the kitchen. The light turns on and I see Selena, Jazzmine, and my mom with a cake with the candle "15" on it.

"SURPRISE!!!" They yell, nearly blowing my ears out. My mom holds the cake while Jazzmine blows on a horn and pulls the string on one of those "Confetti Cannons" and a ton of colorful, little strings burst out, making a loud "POP!" To my surprise, Selena is smiling while she holds a small box covered with wrapping paper and a little bow. I'm guessing my present.

I smile and Jazzmine kneels next to me. She lays her hand palm side up on the floor. Me and Jack step on. She carefully lifts us to the counter. She places her palm on the marble counter and we walk onto it. She removes her and my mom places the cake next to me.

She says "Happy Birthday sweetie!" and lowers the cake until I'm in blowing distance of the candle. I take in a deep breath and blow out the yellow flame. She smiles and grabs a knife. She cuts a small piece and places it on a napkin. She does the same thing for Jack. Then, she cuts bigger pieces for Jazzmine and Selena.

I sink my teeth into the cake. It tastes sweet..... and sugary. I watch everyone eat their cake. After we finish, I ask "Mom, why did you do this so early in the morning?"

"We wanted to surprise you. Also, when Selena was getting the candles from her room, she saw you were awake, so we hurried and here we are."

"Gee. Thanks mom. And thank you Selena and Jazzmine." Jazzmine smiles while Selena just stands there.

Then, she talks, "Here, this is your present from me and Jazzmine."

"Jazzmine and me, sweetie." My mom sometimes corrects us.

Selena places the box on the counter, next to me. I tear the wrapping off but I carefully take off the bow. I open the box that was under the wrapping. Its an Iphone. A big one.

"A Phone?! AWESOME!!!!" I look at Jazzmine and Selena. I raise up my arms and say "Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!" Surprisingly, Selena picks me up first and holds me to her cheek.

She chuckles and says "No prob, little bro'." I hug her cheek and enjoy this moment. These kind of moments are a rarity to me.

Jazzmine stomps her foot and says "I helped to!" Selena carefully transfers me to Jazzmine's hand. She also brings me to her cheek and I hug it. Another rare moment. Then she puts me down so I can look at my new phone. It about 4 inches long and 3 inches wide

Selena then says "We packed it with all your favorite shows and movies. We also put a couple games in there."

"Thank you!" I say. Then, in the corner of the box, I see another Iphone, but my size. I pick it up and inspect it. Its like it was shrunk! It fits perfectly in my hand.

"How were you able to get this?"

Selena opens her mouth to say something but Jazzmine beats her to it. She says "It was hard, but we had it made for you!" with a smile. I turn it on and it works. I call the house and it works!

But then my mom says "Okay, we have to go back to bed. We'll celebrate the rest of your birthday later on, but now its time to go to bed." I nod and Selena picks me and Jack up, along with my presents. She walks into her room and places us at our house. Then, she places our little "TV" in the middle of Jack's and my bed, to the wall across. I put my new phone in my pocket and before I walk into my house, I yell Selena's name.

She turns around, walks up to me and says "What is Micheal?"

"I just wanted to say.... Thank you. This was a great gift. I love you big sister."

She smiles and gives me a kiss. "I love you too little brother." She walks away, into her bed, but turns off the light first. "Another rare and precious moment" I say to myself on my way to my bed.

"Another rare and precious moment."

Morning by Julianz

After I got in bed, I waited for Selena to sleep. The second I heard her snoring, I turned on my "TV". Jack and me have been watching our favorite show "Regular Show" for awhile. We watched alot of episodes. So many, I didn't realize the sun had come up.

I hear my mom yell "Breakfast!" Then, Selena walks in wearing shorts and a tight pink top. Her hair is still damp from the shower she took. She walks over to our house and looks at Jack and me watching the Iphone.

She laughs and says "Come'on guys, lets get ready for breakfast." She places her hand palm side up at the door and I walk on. She walks me to the bathroom and places me in the sink. After turning the water on, she says "I'll be back in a couple minutes." and closes the door.

Again, the sink was specially made. The faucet has several little holes the lets the water come out gently. Theres little drains in the sink floor. Big, but small enough for my foot to not get stuck in one. Above the faucet are little shelves that hold my soap and a little panel that controlls the temperature. My mom has really spent a lot of money on me. I get undressed and take my phone out of my pocket. I turn the water to warm and walk in the water and wet my hair. I then grab my soap and scrub my body. Well, you don't need to know all the details. I'll be back when I'm done.


I finish rinsing and I turn the water off. I climb out of the sink and grab my towel. I scrub my hair with it and dry my body. When I finished, I put on some dark blue jeans and a yellow shirt. Yellow is a happy color, right? Then I put on my dress shoes. After I finish, I wait for Selena. At this height, I'm stuck here until Selena or Jazzmine or my mom get me off.

I take this time to think about how I'm going to ask my mom about school. What am I going to say? I hear a knock on the door and I grab my phone along with my dirty clothes.

"COME IN!" I shout. Selena walks in and sets the side of her palm on the side of the sink so I could get on it easily, as I do. She carries me to my house and now it Jack's turn to take a shower. I walk in the house and see Jack getting ready. He hugs me and walks into Selena's awaiting hand. I drop my clothes in a small shotglass my mom gave to me and set my phone on my pillow. I then lay back on my bed and stare at the roof. What time is it?

I walk to my TV and press the screen button. It says 9:30 AM. Oh yeah, breakfast. I quickly run down the stairs and walk into the kitchen. Jazzmine sits in her chair, eating bacon and eggs. I walk over to her bare foot and tickle it. This is my way of signaling her. She giggles and picks me up. Her hand takes me to my seat. A barbie doll plastic chair with a little table and a tiny plate. I move the plate.

Jazzmine says "Mom, Micheal is here." My mom turns around and brings a little plate with a small strip of bacon, and half of a scrambled egg. It sounds like a little bit, but less could fill me up.

"Thank you, mom." I say politely

"You're welcome dear. Now eat up, we have a big day ahead of us!" And then she walks back to the stove. I grab my plastic fork and knife and eat the bacon. My mom comes back with a thimble of orange juice, and I gulp it down quickly. I then start on my eggs. The egg is too thick for my fork, so I use my knife to cut it into small pieces. After the egg is small enough for me to eat, Selena walks in carrying Jack. Selena gently places Jack in the chair next to me. My mom gives Jack the same amount of food I recieved.

"I can't wait for today!" says Jack.

"Yeah. Me too." I say, a bit glum and a bit excited. Theres a 50-50 chance my mom will let me go to school, and the suspense is killing me.

Jack leans in closer to my ear and whispers "I wasn't supposed to tell you, but one of your cousins is coming. I think her name is Bianca."

"Bianca?" I say, puzzled at the name.

"Yeah. She's going to be here in a few minutes."

"Who told you?" I think I already know.

"I can't tell you, but I can tell you she isn't the only one coming." And then, like nothing happened, he starts eating his food.

"What do you mean 'she isn't the only one coming'?" He ignores me and continues to eat. What did he mean? I ponder this while I eat my food. I finish quickly and I call my mom and she takes my plate. Jack finished as well and she takes his plate too.

"Hey, Jazzmine!" I say.

She looks at me and says "What is it big brother?"

"Can you take me and Jack to our house?"

"Sure. Here." She sets her hand on the table and Jack and me step on. She makes sure we're on board and starts walking to Selena's room. She walks in and sets us at the front door.

Before I walk in, she says "Happy Birthday Micheal, I love you!"

"Thank you, and I love you too. And Jazzmine.... Thank you for being so nice to me all these years. My bond with Selena has been falling apart. Thanks for not forgetting about me."

She picks me up in her palm and she says "I could never forget about you. Or Jack. I love you two." She holds me against her chest, hugging me. I hear her heartbeat and I feel the heat eminating from her skin. After a few seconds of hugging, she puts me back in my house and walks away. When I get in, I see Jack is already watching something.

"Whadd'ya watching Jack?" I ask.

"DING-DONG!" I hear the doorbell ring. I gasp and turn around. I hear the door open and small talk from my mom and a lady I've never heard. The voices get closer.

I start shuddering after I hear my mom say "Oh, Bianca, why don't you go in Selena's room and meet Micheal and Jack. They should be in the little house on top of her bookshelf."

"Okay." says a female-like voice. I stay in the middle in the floor of my house, frozen by fear. I hear footsteps advancing to my position.

I almost jump when I hear the voice say "Oh. My. GOD!" I feel giant pillars wrapping around me as I'm taken from the safety of my home. Jack jumps up and reaches for me, but its too late. I'm brought to face level of a girl that I believe is Bianca.

Bianca and Rachel by Julianz

I look into Bianca's gigantic face. She has hazel brown eyes with black hair. The left side of her bangs are dyed red. As she holds me in a fist, my arms are pinned to my side. I look down and shudder. A fall from this height will kill me, or put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, and I'm not so sure about possibilty number 2. She opens her hand and I fall into her right hand's palm.

She pokes me roughly and says "What are you? You can't be my cousin. You're too small."

"NO! REALLY, I AM! I AM!" I scream.

"You're really my cousin?" Bianca asks, questioning my reality.

"Yes! I'm Micheal! You're Bianca, right?" I say, trying to convince her that I'm real.

"Yeah. How'd you get so small?"

"I was born like this. I have a brother too. He's in the house." I say.

She starts walking towards the house but then I say "Wait! He doesn't like being picked up out of the house. I'll get him."

"Okay." Bianca says with an indifferent tone.

She places me next to the door and I walk in.

I grab my phone instantly and call Selena. I know her phone is in here and it will make it ring and she will check it. Which means she might check on me as well. Knowing her, its a 99.99% chance, since she loves her phone. I have to be quick, or Bianca will know something is up.

I dial Selena's number and put the phone to my ear. I can hear Bianca's breathing.

I hear Selena's phone ring. Then twice. Then three times.

"Whose phone is that?" Bianca says.

"I don't know." I lie. "I'll be right out." I continue.

The phone rings one more time and stops completely. NO! I'm done for!

"Jazzmine, go check on your brothers." I hear my mom say.

Wait, there might be hope after all! I hear Jazzmine's skipping down the hallway.

She walks in and spots Bianca.

"Who are you?" Jazzmine says, staring at Bianca.

"Who are YOU?" Bianca says, staring at Jazzmine

Thank god she's here.

"JAZZMINE! OVER HERE!" I shout as loud as I can.

"Micheal? Who is this?" She says as she walks towards me.

She carefully picks me up in her palm and says "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Is all I said.

"Is he your brother?" Bianca asks, a little confused.

"Yes. What did you do to him? He looks scared." She asks Bianca, glaring at her.

"I just held him. That's all." Bianca says.

Then, Selena walks in. She looks at Jazzmine. Then at Bianca. Then at me. Then she repeats it in that order.

"What's happening?" She asks all of us.

"I think this girl did something to Micheal." Jazzmine says.

"WHOA, EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! She didn't do anything. This is Bianca. Bianca, this is Jazzmine and Selena." I say as I motion everybody to eachother.

"Hey." Selena says to Bianca without looking at her.

"Hi." Bianca says to Selena.

An awkward silence fills the room. I never expected this to happen.

"Well, hi Bianca. How ya' doing?" Jazzmine askes Bianca in a perky way.

"I'm doing good. How about you?" Bianca answers Jazzmine.

Maybe this won't be a bad day after all. Then, I hear the front door open.

"Hello Cindy, its great to see you!" I hear a male and female voice say in unison.

Oh no. Not more people!

"Todd, Molly! Its been awhile since I saw you two! How's the family?" I hear my mom say.

"Well, Rachel has been a handful. She's going through her rebellious phase. You know teenagers," Molly says.

"Moooom! Would you quit with that crap?! I'm not going through a 'rebellious' phase, so quit it!" I hear a younger female voice say.

Maybe that's Rachel?

I hear angry stomps coming towards us. Rachel walks in. Whoa, I didn't think she'd look like this. Her hair is coal black and she has alot of black make-up on. Black mascera, black lipstick, and black eye-liner. She's also wearing a black shirt and black skinny jeans, along with some black Vans. Besides all the make-up, she looks very pretty. She would be prettier if she didn't wear all that make-up.

"What's that?" Rachel asks, with a bit of disgust, as she points at me in Jazzmine's hand.

"His name is Micheal! He is not a 'that'." Jazzmine says as she pulls me closer to her.

"Well excuse me! I thought he was some kind of bug." Rachel says with an attitude.

"Hey!" I shout.

At that moment, I hear the doorbell ring again, which is followed by the sound of the door opening.

"Martha, great to see you again! And David, it's nice to see you too!" I hear my mom say in a perky way.

Not more people!

Family by Julianz

Its been an hour since I last saw Rachel for the first time. So far, there are at least 9 of my cousins here.

Bianca is 14 and half with pretty hazel brown and black hair with the left side of her bangs died red. She's a Caucasian with light skin. She's about 5'2 with alot of bracelets and necklaces. After talking to her for a while, I learned she is a really smart and nice girl. Her parent's names are Kelly and Thomas. Kelly is S.T.E.M. worker and she does all kinds of cool thinks at her work. I think STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, if I can recall what Bianca told me. Her dad works at a company called InsoniO. A technology company. So you can tell her parents are the smart kind of parents and they want Bianca to follow in their footsteps and become a doctor, or something like that. But she told me she doesn't want to be that. She wanted to own a small hair salon. She wants to learn to cut and style hair. I told her to go ahead and do it, that I'm hoping she follows her dream. But the thing is, she hasn't explained it to her parents. She doesn't want them to know, because they might get angry at her or something. I told her maybe I could help her break the news to her parents. She said "Really"? I said yes and she thanked me. After all, they can't get mad at her with me there.

Rachel is 16 year-old with black, well, everything, who doesn't give a poop anymore. She, for some reason, wants to end her life. I got depressed and worried when I heard that. I asked her why she felt that way and she told me her parents are fighting and planning on getting a divorce. I asked her when they said that. She said since she was 14. Two years of listening to her parents fight. Fight about who gets custody of her. Fighting about everything. She told me the only reason they sucked it up and looked like a nice happy family was because they wanted to see me, and not scare me or anything like that. I told her I felt sorry fer her, but this aggravated her for some reason. I honestly don't know why she opened up to me in the first place. Her parents, Todd and Molly, both work at Wells Fargo, as bankers. I've never been to Wells Fargo.

Next up, is the Gredder Twins. Both 10 years old, they have blue eyes, with blonde hair and very light skin. As far as I know, they're only here for the candy and cake. Their parents are Martha and David. They don't like being mean to the twins, so basically, they treat them like a prince. As i'm told by their 13 year old daughter Sierra. The twins stole her spotlight from being an only child. Sierra has to deal with her twins getting away with everything, like stealing stuff from her, vandalizing her room, and alot of other stuff. I felt kind of sorry for her. That's how Selena must feel about me and Jack. But she just doesn't show it. My mom has her full attention to me and Jack. Sometimes it's good, but others, it's a bit too much.

After the Gredder family came, the Nio family came. They have a 14 year old son named Jared. He's a cool blond, with olive green eyes. He has long wavy hair. His family came here from Florida, where he goes surfing. Almost every day. He also works out. He came wearing shorts and a muscle shirt. He is an extremely cool guy. I spent a while with him, talking and hanging out. He live in Bradenton with his mom and dad, and a little brother on the way. His parents names were Linda and George. He didn't really tell me where they worked, but he told me about the wide and relaxing beaches they have in Bradenton. The calm water, the soft sand. I've always wanted to go to a beach. I told him and he said maybe I could visit him sometime. He could take me to the beach. I told him I would ask my mom if I can go. He said cool and left to meet my other cousins and family.

Some girl who looked ten or nine came here and talked to Jack for a bit. Didn't talk to her, or catch her name, but I know Jack and her are getting along well. I hear her ask Jack if she could pick him up and he said yes. They left the room giggling and talking. So far, all the people that have came have kids. Some cool, and some a bit weird. I wonder where, and what Jazzmine and Selena are doing. I haven't seen them since this morning, and not to be selfish, but it's my birthday! Oh well, she must be doing something more important. What should I do? I stand up.

I'm on a table outside in our backyard. My uncle Gabe is cooking us some hot dogs and hamburgers. My mom made her famous Double Dippin' Dip for the chips. It's the best dip I've ever tasted. I don't know what she puts in it that makes it so delicious, but I love it! I see the Gredder twins running around the table I'm on. One of them falls and pushes the table over. It tilts over and I slide down the side of it. I keep my balance but then I tumble down onto the dirty grass. I roll around the dirt and fall into a mud puddle. Just my luck.

"Oh no, Micheal?!" I hear my mom shout.

The walks over to the table and lifts it up. She looks around for me and when she notices I'm not there, she shouts "Micheal!"

The puddle is pretty deep. Deeper than I thought.

"What happened?" I hear Selena boom from my left.

Thank goodness. I try to get up and call her name, but she doesn't hear me and I see nothing but the bottom of her flat. I scream and try to "swim" away from the giant foot, but the mud is too thick and I'm stuck. I feel a thick pad smash me into the mud. ALL the way in. Then like nothing, her foot is gone, leaving me all the way in the mud. But Jazzmine follows and I see her shoe's shadow as well. I'm pushed into the mud as I scream. Mud fills my lungs and my ears and eyes. Then her foot lifts and is gone. I'm at the bottom of the mud puddle, coughing, trying to wipe the mud out of my eyes. The mud slowly goes back into place, sealing me in the mud. Soon to be dried and become dirt. It's like I'm being buried. I shout and thrash around. I look to my left and see my mom searching the ground, desperately looking for me. I try to make as much noise as I can. My mom looks in my direction and crawls towards me. She sees me in the mud and screams a shrill ear piercing scream. She carefully picks me up and tries to wipe the mud off of me.

My family crowds around me and gasps. My mom just starts crying and runs into the house with me safely in the house. She walks into her room, and into the bathroom. She turns the water to a soft warm stream of water. She very carefully puts me in the stream and tries to thoroughly clean me. She takes my dirty clothes off and puts them aside. The mud in my body makes me cough loud and vigorously. After the mud is out of my eyes, I look up at my mom. She has tears in her eyes. The water feels good. Cleansing the mud off my body. After she thinks I'm cleaned good, she sets me on a towel and wraps it around me. I feel the warmth and even though my chest is killing me, I can't help..... to not fall...... asleep......

The Truth comes Out by Julianz

"Micheal?" I hear a familiar voice say.

I open my eyes slowly and look up. I see Jack sitting right next to me, his face sad and worry-filled. I'm still wrapped in the warm comfortable towel my mom put around me. Which must mean..... I'm still in my birthday suit. I sit up and feel my hair. Mud free. I have to thank my mom for cleaning me like that.

"Micheal?! You're okay?!" I hear Jack say as he perks up and looks at me.

I cough and say "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I tell him.

"Rachel told me you weren't going to make it. That you would die because of the mud in your lungs. How are you feeling?" He says.

Why would Rachel tell him that?

"Doing okay. There is a lot of mud in my body, but it will work it's way out of me in a while. What time is it?" I ask him.

"You've only been out for a few hours. It's 6:24, Pm." He replies.

"Wow, I was out for 3 hours?" I ask Jack.

"Yeah, when mom put you in our house, I came to sit here to make sure you were okay. I didn't want you to die." Jack says as he starts tearing up.

I sit up and wipe his tears away while saying "Don't worry little brother. I'm okay. Thanks for staying with me."

"No problem Micheal. So should we go outside?
mom just put you in here and left, sobbing. Maybe we should tell her you're okay?" Jack suggests.

"Good idea! We have to be careful though. We need to find the safest path to mom, only, we don't know where she is." I say.

"Lets try and get Selena's attention!" Jack says enthusiastically.

"Ok, let me get dressed though." I say.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you outside the door to our room." He says.

He sits up, off our bed, and walks down the stairs. While he's walking, I take the towel off me and look in the mirror. I see a bruise on my chest, clear as day, and one on my head. Where did I get those from? I open my clothes drawer and pick out a blue shirt with black skinny-jeans. I put on my underwear and my muscle shirt. Then, I apply deodorant and put the clothes I picked out on. Should I get my phone? Another accident like today's and it would be ruined. Oh well, I might need it. I grab it and put on a pair Devaul Shoes. I think I have everything I need. Walking down the stairs, I look for Jack. I don't see him anywhere, he must be outside already.

Then, I hear two voices outside. Very familiar ones.

"I can't believe he wants to go to high school. After what just happened, he wouldn't last a single day. Pathetic." I hear a girl say.

"Well, we can give him a chance." I hear a different female voice say.

"He'd get crushed into tiny bloody bits in High School, you know that but you don't want to tell him because it would crush his little dreams. Just tell him already Selena." I hear the voice say again.

Selena?

"I know he wouldn't last. I don't want him to go to High School, he'd probably get bullied, or stepped on. And, I honestly don't think he's smart. But I can't tell him that Rachel!" Selena says.

I gasp at what these girls are saying about me. I breathe quickly and lose my balance. I tumble down a few steps and hit the floor. I start hyperventilating. I try to get up, but I feel like my arms have turned into spaghetti noodles. I can't feel my arms. I can't believe what they said about me. I could last in High School. With Selena, I could!

"Just tell him already. Plus, that bug would follow you around, always asking YOU for something. He'd never leave you alone. He'd be killed in the first two days." Rachel says.

"He's not a bug! At least, I think so. Maybe you're right about this. I don't want him to be following me around, asking for annoying things. I guess I'd better tell him. Thanks Rachel." Selena says.

"You're welcome." Rachel says as I hear foot steps walking away.

I can't breathe. Is this what everybody thinks? I wouldn't survive the first day in high school?! I hear the door open and I crawl under the bookshelf.

"Micheal? Are you here? Are you in your house? I have to tell you something." She says.

I see her yellow flats and parts of her ankles come closer, to look in the house.

"Micheal?" She says out loud.

"Micheal?! Where are you? Micheal!" She shouts.

I stand up, and run over to her shoe, and kick it really hard. She looks down at me and sighs.

"Thank god," she says.

"I would last in High School! Without your help! I could make it! Just because I'm small, it doesn't mean I'm mental or dumb! I'm a person! Not, a bug!" I yell at her with everything I'v got.

She has a look of sadness on her face. She reaches out to pick me up but I slap her fingers away and run under the bookshelf. Into the deepest darkest corner. Why would my own sister say something like that about me? Doesn't she believe in me?

"Micheal, I'm sorry but.... It's true. Face it, a boy like you couldn't last in High School. I mean you're very smart, but your size will affect everything. How you get around, how you turn your homework in. It just doesn't seem possible. Especially after the incident today. You have to be more careful." She says in a soft tone.

I try holding my anger in, but I just..... pop.

"I crawl out from under the bookshelf and look at Selena.

I shout "This was your fault! If you hadn't had stepped on me, and pushed me in the mud in the first place, I may have had a chance to go to high school! This wasn't my fault! You didn't check to see where you were going and you almost killed me! I could make it in High School! Size doesn't matter! It's what I have on the inside that counts! So leave me alone! No good sister would call me a dumb, idiotic bug, like you did!"

I see her face twitch. She looks down at me, with tears pouring out. A giant salty-tasting tear fall right on my face, like a soft punch. I stumble back and fall.

"I stepped on you? I almost killed you? I.... I..... I'm sorry Micheal. I didn't see you there. I ruined your only chance to actually go to high school. I'm so sorry." She says.

She slowly moves her hand towards me and gently carries me to her. She's crying.

"I'm sorry Selena, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just....." I stop mid-sentence.

I feel something coming up. Out of my stomach. It's a lump, traveling up my throat. I grab Selena's index finger and move my head away from her hand. I throw up a brown liquid pile of mud. I cough, and try to stop it, but more just keeps coming out. Tears come out of my eyes, from the pain of the dirty, nasty mud coming out of my mouth. Lumps of twigs, leaves, and dirt come out of me, I never knew they were inside of me. When I feel like it's all gone, I let my head drop onto Selena's thumb.

"Micheal, are you okay?!?" She asks me, wiping her tears away with her left hand.

"I think...." I cough the words out, "I could use some water though."

Selena keeps me safely in her palm, as she opens the door and walks to the kitchen. She grabs a barbie doll playhouse cup, that was painted gray or me, and she fills it with water. She hands it to me and I hold the cup to my lips and drink all the water. I breathe and I think the mud is out of my system. Thank god.

"Thanks Selena. I'm sorry for making you feel bad. You really are a good sister." I say looking up at her beautiful face.

"I'm sorry Micheal. I didn't mean what I said. Should we go tell mom you're ok?" She says.

"Yeah, lets go." I say.

She picks me up carefully, and walks to my mom's room. I haven't asked for my birthday wish yet, and this might not be the good time, but I'm going to ask my mom my big question. If I can go to high school, or not. I'm super scared right now.

Gina by Julianz

I can't believe today is the first day I'm going to school! Painfully, the days passed by to today, the first day of school! My mom had registered me into the school and I got my classes based off of a test I did for them the day I registered. They told me they were surprised at my intellect, no hard feelings intended. I had gotten a 96% on the test that was 9th grade level. They told me I would get honors math and English. I have no idea what "honors" classes are, but I bet they are fun. I have no idea how I'm going to get around, I'm about 4 inches, more or less. I just hope people watch where they walk. I doubt it though. Who always looks down before every step? No one. Unless you don't like step on bugs, then they look down every step. I'm just so excited. My mom got everything ready. I sharpened some pieces of lead from a pencil to try to make a makeshift pencil my size. Mom also packed me my lunch. Which is basically a crumb to regular sized people, but to me, it's a good meal. I grab the sandwich wrapped in plastic and I put it in my back pack. A barbie doll backpack painted my desired color. I stand o the table, waiting for Selena. I hear her coming down the steps and around the corner.

"Are you ready Micheal?" She asks me as she sets her hand down next to me, palm side up.

"Yup." I say.

I stand onto her hand and she gets a good grip on me.

"Now remember Micheal, be very careful. Try to not get hurt. I love you Micheal. And I love you too Selena." My mom says.

"Okay mom, I will. I love you too." I say.

Right when we're about to walk through the door, my mom grabs Selena's arm and whispers something to her. Selena nods and continues to walk out the door. I feel a bit suspicious. What did my mom tell Selena? As we're walking to the bus stop, I ask Selena what mom told her.

"I can't tell you." She says with a tiny smile on the corner of her lips.

"Why not?" I reply.

"It's a secret, and I told you, it wouldn't be a secret." Selena says.

"But, if it's a secret and mom told you, that means it's not a secret anymore. So tell me!" I say.

"Touche." She says.

"Thanks." I say.

What does "Touche" mean? I've never heard of that word. I just sit down on Selena's soft, coconut-smelling palm and look at the sun. It's barely up. The sky is still a light shade of blue and I feel a little breeze. But then the breeze gets colder and colder and I realize I don't have a jacket. I sit closer to Selena's thumb, and I try to wrap her fingers around me. She has her hand in the air, palm side up, so it was a bit difficult. I eventually get her fingers over me. Her fingers are soft and warm. Like giant teddy bears. I look up and see Selena looking at me in her hand all comfortable. I see her smile a bit, but then she raises her head again to look at the sidewalk. I wonder what Jack and Jazzmine are doing. I think Jazzmine went to school and Jack is just at the house with mom. Or he might be watching something on our "TV". That reminds me, I brought my phone with me. I pull it out and look at the time. 7:12 AM.

"Hey Selena, is it okay to use our phones in class?" I ask her.

"Nope, if a teacher catches you, you'll get the phone taken away until the end of the day." Selena says.

"Okay, thanks." I say.

I turn off my phone and shove it into my left pocket. I see the bus stop sign ahead of us. I have a feeling Selena doesn't like carrying me.

"Selena, are you okay with carrying me? I could walk from here." I ask her.

"It's okay, and you wouldn't make it to the bus at this size. I mean you wouldn't be able to reach it." She says.

"Well, can I sit in your shirt pocket? I know you holding your hand out is making your arm tired." I ask her.

"Okay then." She says. With her right hand, she gently wraps her fingers around my waist and slowly lifts me into the air. Then, she tucks me in her shirt pocket.

"Does anyone else come to this bus stop?" I ask as I wiggle around in the pocket, trying to get comfortable.

She giggles and says "Yes, but stop moving around so much, you're tickling me."

"Oh, sorry. Who else comes here?" I ask, as I stop moving.

"My best friend Gina." She tells me.

"Have I met her?" I ask.

"Nope, so she'll be surprised to see you."

"Will she try to squish me?"

"No silly. I'll tell her you're my brother, and to be careful where she walks in school."

"Oh, okay thanks sis."

We reach the bus stop and we wait. Selena stands with her backpack and I stand up in her shirt pocket as well. It's quite comfortable in here. It's soft and warm and close to her heart. Soon, I hear footsteps to my left. Loud and solid, like the person is wearing boots. I look to my left and see a tall, blonde girl in boots. She has quite a bit of makeup on her face. Her hair reaches down to her shoulders and a bit farther. Is this Gina?

"Selena? Is that you?" She says.

"Hey Gina!" She says.

"It's so good to see you! How's Jazzmine?" She asks Selena.

I guess she never told Gina about me. Figures, I've never seen Gina at our house before.

"She's good. How's your mom?" Selena asks.

"She won't stop crying over the crash." She says.

"Crash? What crash?" I say by accident, curious of what they're talking about.

"What was that?" Gina asks Selena.

"Gina, I have to tell you something. Have you met my brothers?" Selena asks Gina.

"Brothers? What brothers?" Gina questions Selena.

"This is one of them. His name is Micheal." Selena says.

Selena moves her hand over the pocket and reaches in and pulls me out.

"What is that?!" Gina shouts, pointing at my tiny form.

"My brother!He was born like this." Selena says.

"Is this a trick?" Gina asks, looking at me closely.

"It's not. You can hold him, if he's okay with it.

Both of the girls look at me. I nod and Gina picks me up out of Selena's hand. She carefully prods me in my chest with her index finger.

"Wow.... just... Wow!" Gina says.

Gina hands me back to Selena. I sit in her palm, looking at Gina's astonished face.

"Why are you here Micheal?" Gina asks me.

"I'm going to go to school. With you and Selena." I reply.

"Really? No offense, but at your tiny size, people would squish you! This is a bit too dangerous." Gina says.

"I know, but I wanna socialize, and this is the perfect way." I say.

"Guys, the bus is coming!" Selena says.

We all look to our left. I see a yellow bus with black stripes. The bus drives up to the curb and the doors open with a pneumatic hiss. I look at the bus driver. She waits for us to get on the bus. I guess there's no turning back now.

The School by Julianz
Selena takes the first step inside, of course. The bus reeks of soda and dirty socks. I feel eyes on me, especially the bus driver's. Whispers flow around me, fingers pointing at me, eyes clawing at me. My stomach feels odd, like I'm about to throw up. Selena is on the bus and I see all the pairs of eyes looking at me, wondering what I am. We walk down the isle, and the whispers grow louder and the eyes of several teens are glued to me. The different colored eyes. Then, someone from the back says what everyone is thinking.

"What the fuck is that?"

Everyone pipes up. I hear a few people agree and say "yeah, what the hell is that thing?".

"It's a doll!" A girl with blonde hair and green eyes says.

"No, it's an action figure!" A short weird-looking boy with glasses says.

"I'll tell you what it is. It's none of your business!" Gina says behind me and Selena.

We're almost to our seats when people start grabbing and I see hands flaring up to get me. Skinny fingers, fat fingers, gloved fingers, they all come at me. I shield myself, shouting for them to get away. Selena keeps the hands back until one grabs me. I feel my left leg being pulled, like it's about be ripped off. I'm dragged off Selena's palm screaming. Everything is upside down. I'm dropped into an awaiting palm of someone. The skin is soft and light-colored. I hear shouts around me as I look up into the eyes of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Her face is round, and her caramel colored eyes look at me. A single lock of brown hair falls in front of her face. She is beautiful. But before I know it I'm pulled away, back into the safety of Selena's hand. She keeps me close to her stomach as she forces her way through the hands, into her seat. Gina follows.

"Alright, enough! Or you're all off the bus!" I hear the bus driver say.

The teens in the bus settle down. My left leg still hurts, but it was worth it, I guess. I need to know who that girl is. A name.

I look up at Selena and say "What's the name of the girl that had me in her hand?"

She lowers her head and says "What?"

"I said, what is the name of the girl that had me in her hand?" I say again.

"Oh, that's Tess. She used to be my friend, but we just stopped talking one day. Why do you want to know?"

"Uh..... No reason, just curious."

"Are you okay? You know, since your leg was almost ripped off."

"I'm good. Real good." I whisper the last part.

"What was that last part?"

"Nothing."

Selena looks back up as I sit in her hand. I'm confined against Selena's hand and her skinny stomach. The normal shouts and murmuring of the bus return. I barely notice I've been breathing heavily, because of the rush. Is this how class will be? I hope not. But hopefully I'll see Tess again. She's really pretty and I would love to know more about her. The bus suddenly stops and everyone gets up. The people in the back walk to the door, staring at me as they come. I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable. After the last person gets off, Selena, Gina, and me get off.

As we step off, I hear the bus driver say "Good luck on your first day little guy."

"Thank you." I shout just loud enough so she can hear me.

We step off the bus and as she is about to close the door, she says "You're really gonna need it."

The door closes and she drives off. I gulp. Why would I need luck that bad? Is this school really bad? All I can do is wish she over-exaggerated. Selena carries me into the main hallway, or lobby, or whatever it's called. I see an odd glass box showcasing art. Pieces of food made of clay, and painted to look real. Boots, bedazzled with marbles. Paintings that look like they were made by artists. It's so beautiful. But Selena keeps walking. To my right, I see a door with a sign that says "BAND" above it. Farther down I see two blue couches with guys and girls sitting on them. Then, a long hallway with even more beautiful paintings. And doors that lead to classes. I take a quick look to my left and see a pair of doors with a sign that says "GYM" above it. Through the small rectangle of glass in the door, I see girls, throwing basketballs. Looking back to my right, I see a trashcan and a waterbottle vending machine. On my left and right are posterboards of pictures. Pictures from Halloween, "Metals and Woods Class" and pictures of the students making art.

We walk into a little square of space. On my left, a trophy case, full of trophies from Wrestling, Football, Basketball, and even Volleyball. Pictures of the students, even black and white pictures from a long time ago. Gold statues of a person with a bat swinging, a statue of a football. A picture of a football team. It must be old, since the photo is black and white. To my right, a "Concession Stand" awaits. A small little block, built into the rest of the building, with blue metal shutters that are down. A table sits in the middle of the space. And farther away from us another double-door stands, leading to a patio with trees and tables. Then, as we walk, I see a restroom and another entrance to the gym. And an opening into the "Cafeteria". But we keep walking, and we pass a vending machine with chubby kids there, putting five-dollar-bills in. Then, I see the real main lobby. Several blue couches sit in the middle. I see one large office to my left, with the word "ADMINISTRATION" above it in large silver letters. A girl sits in a chair on the phone, in the office, with a few doors to other offices behind her. 3 canvasses sit above the letters, to make one big painting of a sun rising over a mountain. I look to my right, a small office with the word "ATTENDENCE" in large silver letters. And to my very right is a library, with Bronze metal. There are carvings in the metal. Selena walks into a hallway that is between the attendence office and the library. There is a sign above the hallway that said "9th Grade Hallway". She walks to a class that says "Mr.Alvarado: Health Class". She opens the door and I see a male teacher sitting at his desk, with gray hair and stubble.

"Yes?" He says with a spanish accent.

"I came to drop off Micheal Dixon. The new 'special student'." Selena says, with emphasis on the "special student" part.

I'm the "special student"?

"Oh, I have heard about him. Welcome to class Micheal, feel free to choose any seat you like." He replies.

I look up at Selena and I point to the seat in the very front. She walks to the front and drops me off onto the desk. And before I can even say thanks, she's out the door. I turn to face the board and I get all my supplies ready. Mr. Alvarado just sits in his chair, doing something. The room is filled with diagrams of the body, and a skeletal system model sits in the front. The room floor has several desks and chairs. As I finish looking around, the bell rings. Am I ready for this?
Bullies and Gina's Lunch by Julianz
Classes passed by without incident. The other students were not as excited as I was. They were not eager to start the year. In fact, they almost seemed angry. I know for a fact Johnathan Tulls isn't as happy as I am. In second period, he had chewed a piece of paper about the size of my leg, and pulled out a straw. Honestly, I had no idea what he was doing. He then put his mouth on the straw, and directed the other end at me. In an instant, I was on my back, laying on the desk. The, what I soon learned was, spitball had hit me with extreme force and made me fall back. I was breathing heavily, trying to get air back in my lungs again.

The teacher came to check on me and when he saw me, he asked what happened. I didn't wish to make an enemy on my first day of school, so I decided to lie. But before I could answer, a girl behind me spoke up.

"John hit him with a spitball." The voice said.

Those mere words got Johnathan sent to the principal's office. Before he left, he gave me a look that indicated I would be the one to pay for this.

I found out my savior and fate sealer was Lila Hobbes. From the whispers that I've intercepted around class, she is a "teacher's pet" and a "goody-two-shoes", and mainly a "Brainiac". She seemed nice enough. Brunette colored hair, brown eyes, and a very light tan. She spoke with an elegance that suggested she was very intelligent, and she was. She always gets amazing grades and is always helping people out. Except for me. She sealed my fate with my newly found bully. But, I don't know what he'll do to me! It honestly scares me. Lunch is the hour I think he will strike.



After 3rd period, Selena picks me up from Mrs.Pottorf's Seminar Class. Mrs.Pottorf seems really nice. She has orangish hair and she's always smiling.

Selena walks me to the lunchroom and she stands in line. I take this long time to ask her a couple things

"Hey Selena," I shout up at her.

"Yeah Micheal?" She replies.

"Do you know Johnathan Tulls?" I ask her.

"Yeah, but he's a jerk. No one likes him because he's a bully." She replies, still looking down at me.

I've forgotten how menacing she looks above me. This thought always enters my mind now and then. My sister could easily end my life, right here, right now. She would just need to close her fist, and POP! No more problems. I really do fear my sister sometimes. Since our relationship is pretty much falling apart, she might even see me as a nuisance. I hate it when this thought enters my brain.

"How about Lila Hobbes? You know her?" I ask again.

"Yeah, she's okay. A real brainiac though." She says.

Hmm. Everyone says that.

"Why are you asking so many questions?" She asks me.

"Just wondering." I reply.

For the next 5 minutes I wait in Selena's palm as she waits for her lunch. There are a lot of students here. We finally get the lunch and we walk to a table where Gina was already seated, nibbling on a hamburger.

"Hey G." Selena sighs as she carefully sits down and places me on the table.

"I'll be right back, I need to go to the bathroom." Selena says as she once again gets up.

She walks away and I turn around to face Gina's billboard sized face.

"Ah!" I shout, and fall and on my rear.

"Hey short stuff. How was second period?" She asks, receding away from me.

Her hair falls over her shoulders and I can tell she's kinda hunched over. To get a better look at me.

"It was fine," I say, trying to calm myself down.

"Cool. I heard that teacher was mean. So, are you hungry Micheal? Because I am." She says with a devious smile.

She picks me up by the collar of my shirt and lifts me up. I stare at her, our eyes meeting.

"And you look very tasty." She says.

I'm in so much shock I can't move my mouth. I can't speak. I can't move.

She lifts me toward her face, and tilts her head back. I'm positioned right over her gaping mouth. Then, she slowly and agonisingly lowers me in.

"Please! Please don't eat me!" I yell out, writhing and squirming in her grasp.

She continues to lower me in. My legs are already inside her wet humid mouth. I can already feel the heat. I continue to thrash and kick around, but it is of no use. She lowers me in so deep only her fingers are outside of her teeth. Then, I get an idea! I get as close as I can to her uvula and kick it. She immediately drops me in and closes her mouth. I hit the back of her tongue and her head rocks forward, sending me crashing into her teeth. The saliva pooled around her tongue soaks me with minty smelling liquid. She spits me out onto the bun of her hamburger.

She coughs and hits her chest with her fist. I limp away from her as fast as I can but she blocks my way with her wall-like palm.

"I'm sorry! Leave me alone! Please!" I shout up at her, my back against her palm.

"Micheal, it's okay, I was just messing around, I'm not going to eat you!" She says.

Carefully, she picks me up and places me in her palm. She grabs a napkin and starts drying me off from the saliva shower I just experienced. After I'm moderately dry, she apologizes again and I tell her I'm sorry for kicking her in the uvula.

Gina is playful, but goodhearted. I think she'll be a fun friend. But she barely knows me and she's already pulling jokes like this? I must admit, I am a bit afraid of her.
Tess by Julianz
After Gina had almost ate me, lunch was practically almost over. Selena came back and I was already pretty much dried. I didn't look suspicious so she just ate her food as if nothing happened. Because in her eyes, nothing did. She gave me a hefty piece of the hamburger she had gotten. I ate just about half before I became too full.



I'm sitting down, right next to Selena's plate when I see Tess. My draw drops when I see her. She's wearing "skinny jeans", a light blue blouse and her hair falls loosely past her shoulders. Her skinny frame is illuminated from the sunlight coming from outside. She looks... fantastic! No one is around her so I assume she's walking alone. I'd make a move, but lunch would be over already by the time I got there on my own. All I do is sit here, love struck. She just grabs a plate for salad bar and she gets various fruits. From what I can see, she's a fan of Mango.

"Whadd'ya looking at Micheal?" I hear Selena ask.

Startled, I simply say "Just at the students. This place is a lot to take in."

"Sure you are. I see you staring at Tess over there." She says with a mischievous giggle.

I quickly turn my head to look at her and I see a huge grin on her face.

"What? That's crazy! I'm not..." she keeps the grin on her face and I surrender. "Okay. I was."

"I can take you to go talk to her if you want." She says, her grin slowly fading.

"Really? I mean... I don't know." I reply.

"Of course I will. Want to go?" She asks.

"Yes, please." I say back.

She pushes her chair back and puts her hand palm side up next to the table. I step onto it and she cups her other hand around me, as to make sure I don't fall out. Her steps jostle me a bit, she's walking pretty fast. Before I can say a word, we're already at Tess' table. Selena grabs me by the waist with her thumb and index finger, and just places me on the table. Without a word, she just walks away. I try to call out to her but I just close my mouth. She's already back at her table. I turn around and see Tess' curious eyes pointed right at me. Her bright eyes stare deeply into mine.

"H-Hi there." I stutter out.

"Hello there." She replies in the most beautiful and sweet voice I've ever heard.

She lowers her head and rests it atop her crossed arms. This levels her eyes to my body.

"H-How are you?" I say awkwardly.

"I'm good. How are you?"

Her breath smells like mint, even though we just ate. Oh god, I didn't really think that Selena would take me! This is so embarrassing!

"I... I'm good." I say.

A silence fills the air as we stare at each other. Her eyes have no menacing look in them, nor a hostile feel. She looks curious. Like she's studying me.

"Listen..." I say, "I... I just want to know why you pulled me off my sister's hand earlier today. Or at least why so roughly."

"Well how else would I have gotten a good look? Besides from now, of course." She says, not breaking eye contact.

"Do you... know... my sister?" I ask.

"Well, I used to. It's a boring story. Not even a story really."

"I'd be willing to hear anything you say."

"Well alright. Selena and I were good friends. We'd hang out together, talk, and just have fun. But... ever since my parents died... I kind of pushed society away. Who needs people?"

Her parents died? I can relate since my dad... but both of them?

"I'm... I'm sorry for your loss." I whisper.

"Thank you. So, enough about me, what about you? What's your name? Mine is Tess by the way."

"My name is Micheal. Micheal Dixon." I blandly reply.

"Micheal? That's a cool name. I like it." She says.

Before I could say anything else, the bell rings, signaling that lunch has ended.

"Time to go. Who do you have next?" She asks.

"I have Mr.Krayson this period. What about you?"

"I have him too. Would you like a lift?"

"Yeah." I say as a smile appears on my face. "I'd like that."

She stands up from her chair and proceeds to push it in under the table. I see her long slender fingers reach for me and they wrap around my entire body. She picks me up off the table with extreme care and she places me in her palm, letting her right hand fall back to her side. I sit in her hand, cross-legged as I scan the cafeteria for signs of Gina or Selena. Nothing. Only a couple of people, including me and Tess, remain in the almost empty room. Her fingers curl up, making a safety barrier to prevent me falling off the edge of her hand. Then she starts walking. I get that feeling when you start a car and it lurches forward, like my stomach. After the liftoff, it's just a smooth ride. She walks down the hall, keeping her eyes ahead. I look up and see her keeping a straight face. She looks almost completely emotionless.

Although the cafeteria was quiet and empty, the hallways are buzzing, since the bell just rang. As Tess strides through the hallway, I again receive more looks of astonishment and curiosity. I can't complain. I mean, if I was normal sized I would be weirded out too. While she walks down the hall, I decide to have some fun. I start making weird faces back at the people. My first was a strange grin as I opened my eyes as wide as I could. The girl I did it to moved her head back in disbelief and giggled. The next I stuck my tongue out and crossed my eyes. I got different reactions from everybody. I got to a point where I didn't even see their faces anymore, I was just making faces. Until... I made a face at Johnathan Tulls. I realized my mistake when I saw no reaction of laughter or giggling. On his face, I only saw malice. After we passed him, I just sunk lower into Tess' palm.

We finally made it to our destination. Mr.Krayson's room. I thought I'd see some old faces, old as in I've seen already, but there were none. Only Tess was recognizable. Tess, with me still in hand, took a seat in far right of the class. She set me on the table, then sat down. People kept coming into the room, one by one. I spotted the teacher in the front of his class, looking at a paper. Most likely the class roster.

After a few minutes, the bell rings and the hallways become empty. The class is full and again, no familiar face in sight. Everyone's been seated and the teacher decides to get up and address the class. He arises from his seat, wearing pants and a button shirt. He has a black beard that reaches a little lower than his neck, and he wears glasses that have rounded rims.

"Good afternoon class. I hope you all are enjoying your first day back." He receives mixed responses from the students. "Before we get started, I'd like to introduce a special new student. His name is Micheal Dixon. Micheal, would you stand up please?" Mr.Krayson says, turning his attention to me.

I stand up and every pair of eyeballs in the room stick to me. The pressure makes want to shrink even more, out of existence.

"Hi." I whisper out as I awkwardly wave.

The students look to one another and whisper things.

"Class settle down. Our first lesson will be..." his voice fades out, as I've lost focus.

I sit down and feel dizzy. I fall back, but I fall into Tess' palm. It was behind me to support me. She looks down at me and smiles. Then, she continues to pay attention. My back presses into the soft flesh as I stretch and slip a bit lower. Her fingers curl around me, making a makeshift blanket. I look up at her beautiful face, as I doze off...
Frienship and Harmful Words by Julianz
Author's Notes:
I'm back from the grave! I apologize to all fans of this story for taking forever to update. Please enjoy this installment of HighSchool.
I'm home? How is school over so quickly? Wasn't I just with Tess? What's going on?

"I hate Micheal! I'm going to squish the life out of him!" I hear a familiar voice from the hall say.

"Selena, stop! It's not that big of a deal!" I hear another voice argue.

Selena? Jazzmine? What's wrong? What did I do? I hear thumping footsteps from the hallway get increasingly louder. I'm on the floor, below my house. I need to get off the floor and let Selena blow off some steam. The steps aren't there! Who would move them? The bottoms of the bookcases and dressers have been stuffed with towels as well! What's going on? The thundering steps now only seconds away, I start to panic. Frantically, I run and look for a place to hide, but alas, no luck.

"There he is! You stupid bug!" Selena shouts as she approaches me.

I fall back onto my hind quarters as her towering form casts an enormous shadow of me.

"Selena, that's enough!" Jazzmine says as she runs in front of Selena and spreads herself out, like a human wall.

"Get out of my way." She says, unaffected.

She pushes Jazzmine out of the way, almost across the room. Then, out of the blue, Jack runs out from under the bed, barely making it to me before Selena reaches me. He reaches for me, his arm extended to me, his eyes terrified. I'm frozen with fear, my only reaction is to look back at him. He tugs on my right arm, but I can't do anything. Selena has finally reached us, and her first action is to use her foot to flick Jack away from me.

"You'll go first, bug." Is all she says.

Jacks tumbles away from me, a good couple inches. Selena has no socks or shoes on, her slender white foot bare. Her toenails are painted a scary black. Jack tries to scramble to his feet but Selena lifts her right foot and pins him to the floor. His head is turned to face me, his small face is scrunched up under Selena's sole. Her gigantic foot covers his entire body, and Jack directly in the middle of it. Seeing my little brother in peril shocks me from my trance and I shout at Selena, but to no avail.

"Jack!" I shout.

I try to get up on my feet but my legs have turned to jelly. I've never experienced this kind of fear before. I just lay on the floor pathetically, to cowardous to help my own brother. Selena scoffs at my weak attempt to save Jack, and begins to apply pressure onto Jack. Jack screams and begs for mercy but is cut short as the air is being crushed from his lungs. I begin to see less and less of Jack until he is completely smothered by Selena's foot.

What is happening? Why is Selena doing this!? Finally, she puts all of her weight onto her right foot and almost instantly, her foot falls a little, showing Jack is gone. A deep dark red liquid puddles around her foot as she wiggles her toes in it. She twists her foot as if she's stomping out a cigarette. I look up to Selena and see no expression other than hate and anger. What could Jack and I have possibly done to deserve death?!

I look to where Jazzmine was flung, hoping she could come to my rescue, but she lays on the floor, most likely unconscious.

Selena now focuses her attention on me. She lifts her right foot above and over me. I see the remains of Jack, splayed on her sole like a bucket of red paint on a white canvas. There were only a couple chunks of his body left to display as most of it fell of her foot or was completely smushed to paste. His blood seeped into the wrinkles of her skin, creating a blood map. The foot is placed to my left, and she lifts her left foot over me. At least she has the mercy to not kill me with the same foot she used for Jack. If you call that mercy.

Without another word, she unceremoniously drops her foot on me. Her flesh is soft and warm, and somewhat dirty from walking barefoot. Her heel crushes my legs slowly but surely. I scream and try to squirm my way out, but my only response is a toe wiggle.

"I never wanted you in my life." She says with only disgust in her voice.

She applies more and more pressure onto me until I feel like I'm going to pop. I try to scream, or make any sound but there's no air in my lungs. This is the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced. Is this really how I die? I close my eyes and think of Jack. This is my fault. Then, I feel my legs turned to paste, followed by my stomach. This is it. Goodbye, Tess.



"Ahhhh!" I shout, opening my eyes.

"Michael, shhh! Calm down! What's wrong?" I hear someone say.

I'm... still alive? What happened? I'm laying on my back and I look up to see the source of the voice. Tess? Another look at my surroundings tells me I'm still in Mr.Krayson's class. I never left. I must've fallen asleep and had a nightmare. I'm covered in sweat and panting.

"Michael? Are you okay?" I hear Tess say again.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just had a nightmare. What time is it?" I ask.

"It's almost time to go. You were asleep the whole class period!" She exclaims, her voice still in a hushed whisper.

"Go? Like go home?"

"Yes go home. Do you need a lift to bus?"

"Yeah. I'd like that."

Our conversation ends and we listen to the last words of what Mr.Krayson had to say, although, won't matter for me. I have little idea of what he was talking about this entire class period. But I should get an idea of what that nightmare was about. Why would I dream about that? Selena would never do something like that to me. Would she? I think I'm starting to doubt some of the relationships I have with my family. Am I close to anyone? I think I might be realizing something.

I hear Mr.Krayson stop talking, followed by the sounds of backpacks ruffling and zippers. All the students pack everything away and almost exactly at once they stand up. Then, they all walk to the door, like a herd of cattle. They must just want to go home already, like me. The bell rings from the digitial clock and speaker above the board and the room is emptied quickly. Tess places her palm next to the edge of the table like a ship that's boarding passengers, allowing me to step on easily. She slowly lifts me up to level her stomach. With one arm, she grabs her backpack and puts it on. After she's done with that, she places me right in front of her stomach, creating a wall of cloth and flesh. With her other hand, she creates another wall in front of me, successfully creating a protective cocoon for me to sit in. Through the cracks of space between her fingers, I see flashes of lights and bright colors as we pass several students.

The constant noise of students talking overpowers the sound of the announcements coming over the speakers. All this noise is somewhat muffled to me in my 'safety room'. After taking a couple more steps the noise is behind us but I still hear some ahead. We must be outside. The sound of engines and the hydraulic 'psssshhh' of the bus doors confirms my thought. I tumble around a bit, as if Tess just stepped off of something, most likely the little ledge that seperates the bus loading area from the waiting area. Our bus must be here already, pretty early if I might say. Again, I'm thrown around with a pause after each tumble. She's going up the stairs to the bus, I bet. Once again, the whispers and murmurs of students talking start, all of which, from what I hear, are about me. I hear my name tossed around, and Selena's as well. Oh no! Selena! She doesn't know I'm with Tess? Or at the very least she doesn't know I'm with her. What if she is at my class, looking for me?

My thoughts are interrupted by a sudden jolt of force. Tess's hands move and I see she's taken a seat. She sits as close to the metal wall of the bus and she puts her knees up on the seat in front of her. Then, she places me on her stomach. The way she's currently seated doesn't make much of place to stand. I'm standing just above her belly button and the midsection of her pants act as a safety wall. She reaches behind me, setting her hands to cup me on her stomach. The bus fills more and more, as I hear the chitter chatter of students. Their conversations distract me from Tess. I suddenly get a headache, as if my brain is trying to listen to each separate conversation at the same time. My eyes blur and I fall down from dizziness. Tess' soft palms cushion my fall. I look up at her and see her beautiful smile. I feel giddy and blush, looking around for something else to look at.

"How is it like? Being so... small?" Tess asked, her curiosity clear on her face.

"Well, it's scary sometimes. Everything is bigger than me, so even a bug is a threat. But, it's not all gloom and doom. I see things differently from everyone, and I really do appreciate what I have. In such a beautiful world, people should admire things more often, the things they're able to do so easily." I say, sounding more wise than I probably am.

"Wow." She breathes, "I never thought of it that way. You know Micheal, I feel like we're already good friends. We've hardly known eachother for like a day, but you seem really nice. Do you think... we can be friends?" She looks down at me, her eyes shining.

She's beautiful on the inside and out. She's so gentle with me. I wrap my small hands around her soft warm thumb, enjoying the skin-on-skin contact. I look up to her and talk.

"I think we're going to be great friends Tess." Is all I say. I sit back down and look up at her. My statement has made a smile appear on her face once again.

She supports my back with her fingers and she uses her thumb to stroke my head. Then, her face twists as if she made a mistake. Her hand quickly recedes and I look to her, confused.

"You don't mind, do you? I can understand if you don't want to be touched like that." She asks.

"Of course not Tess. After all, we're friends, right?"

She smiles again as she continues to pet me. Her finger ruffles through my hair, covering my head. She then uses her fingers to stroke my back, while simultaneously rubbing my had with her thumb. But, all good things must come to an end. Soon, the bus stops and I recognize the area. My stop. Why can't the bus have taken a longer route? I was enjoying myself with Tess.

The hydraulic hiss of the doors opening fills my ears and I see kids moving down the aisle. Behind some other boy, I see Selena and Gina.

"Micheal, it's time to go." She looks at Tess, "Thanks for watching after him Tess." Tess just smiles and lifts her palm slowly to conjoin it to Selena's. I wobble off of Tess' soft flesh onto Selena's palm. As Selena walks toward the exit, I wave to Tess, with a huge dumb grin on my face. She waves her fingers at me and we're off the bus. The bus starts its engines and a puff of gray smoke shoots from the exhaust pipe. The doors close and the bus drives down the street. I watch it until it's out of sight. Selena peers down at me and asks a question.

"Did Tess hurt you?" She said, with not much emotion.

"What? No, not at all. In fact, she did the exact opposite." I say.

"Hey, where's Gina?" I inquire.

"She stayed at the school for some program or something." She says, looking forward again.

I look down at the wrinkles of her palm. It smells faintly of flowers. Roses, more like. The sun beats down on Selena and I. She doesn't seem to be sweating or affected by it, really. But my size makes me especially vulnerable to strong temperatures. Bored and having no way to start a meaningful conversation, I just lay my hand on the middle of Selena's palm. I rub my hand down, pushing with a bit of force. It's so soft and warm. She feels this and bends her middle finger to tap me on my stomach. I laugh and I rub her hand even harder. I guess I must've hit a funny bone or something, because she started giggling. Her laughs caused her to shake, making her hand platform unstable and shaky. I slip and I push my fist in all the way, increasing her laughter. I slide over to her thumb and grab it with both of my arms. My legs dangle over the edge, pavement below me, as well as Selena's feet. I yell for help, but she's still laughing, her eyes tearing up. Her hand shakes even more, and my grip falters. My arms lose contact to eachother and I begin to fall down. I look up, my heart pounding. This is it. This is how I go. I close my eyes and the feeling of vertigo almost makes me vomit. Suddenly, I feel something soft and I look up to see an angry Selena.

"Micheal, what the hell was that?!" She asked, anger rising, laughter gone.

"I-I... I was just bored, and I thought-" I say, immediately cut off.

"Thought you would go killing yourself!? Why did you do that?"

"I just wanted interaction. I mean, we hardly talk anymore. You only talk to me when it's necessary. I want... I want... the Selena I knew growing up as a kid." I reply.

"Well I want a normal brother, but we can't all get what we want." She retorts.

The suddeness of venom in her words makes me cringe. What? Before I can say anything we're already in the house. She opens the front door, and walks into her room. She shoves me into my house roughly, knocking most everything down. Then, she turns around, and without a word, slams the door. I lay on the ground of my room, dumbstruck. Selena must've disturbed Jack from his sleep, because he was on the ground, his bed on top of him. He was stuck and calling for me. I regained my senses and ran over to Jack. The bed had Jack trapped against a wall, sitting on his legs. With all the strength I could muster, I lifted and he squeezed out from under the bed.

"Why did Selena do that?" Jack asked, dusting himself off.

"I... don't know."
End Notes:
Sorry about that terrible nightmare scene, if you're not into crush and stuff, it was just to advance the story. Don't worry, there won't be anymore scenes like that soon.
Forgotten by Julianz
Jack and I spend the next half hour trying to restore everything back into it's place. Our "TV" fell from its hinges, down onto the floor, while our beds were upside down, pressed against the wall. The dressers that held our clothes spilled open as well. I assume the look of sadness on my face must have told Jack that something was wrong.

"Hey Micheal, what's wrong? Didn't you like your first day of school?" He asks.

"Yeah, but that's not what's wrong. When Selena was walking me home, I made her angry because I almost fell off of her hand. I guess, if something happened to me, she would be held accountable and she wouldn't like being blamed for something I did. Either that, or there's something else going on." I reply.

"Did she say anything?" 

"Yes. She said... all she wanted was... a normal brother." I say it slowly, afraid I might hurt Jack's feelings.

"... what?" He asks, out of breath suddenly.

"I told her, I just wanted the Selena that I grew up with. The one that played with us, actually talked to us. Then, she spat those words out at me."

"She... she didn't mean it. Let's just go ask her what made her say that." 

"I wouldn't do that Jack. Not yet, at least. Something  happened to her at school. She seemed to already be in a bad mood on the bus. She's changing. Changing from the Selena we knew." A dismal expression covers Jack's face. Attempting to enlighten the mood, I change the subject. "Hey, is  back from school?"

"Yeah.. she came home a little over ten minutes ago."

"You want to go... talk to her? I appreciate you talking to me Jack, but I just want to be held right now." My voice cracks at the end.

What am I saying? Why am I so emotional? I need to stop this, I'm not a child anymore, I don't need to be held.

" that. I'll just... talk to her. You coming?" I ask, walking over to the door that leads to the book stairs.

"I think I'll just stay and fix up all of our clothes. Just.. watch out, alright Micheal?"

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask with a chuckle.

With that, I walk down the steps of the bookshelf reading the titles of the books on the way down. I finish the flight of stairs and step onto the cold hardwood floor. The air around me smells faintly of perfume, probably a leaking bottle of Selena's. It might have fallen over when she shook the house. 

The distance between me and the doorway seems farther than usual. The anxiety of my earlier conversation with Selena must be sticking around. 

Nearing the door, curiosity forces me to look to my right. Selena's bed is there, and under it, several pairs of shoes. Converse, sandals, flats, the whole deal. Above me, her walls are adorned with posters of , obviously, and some of the movies she's enjoyed. I don't recognize any of the bands, their names are strange to me.

As I'm about to step onto the threshold of the door frame, I spot something behind her dresser. It lies on the floor with a dim gleam. Abandoning my path, I find myself in the middle of the open and approaching the object in question. The shining object gets closer and I think I can make it out now. It's a photo frame, covered in dust. I'm right in front of the frame now, and I decide to pull it out. Wrapping my hands around the edges, I tug on decorated frame. With some elbow grease and a few attempts, the frame is released from its dusty prison. Though, I begin to wish I hadn't decided to pull it out. My knees buckle and I collapse. The frame, with cracked glass and breeding dust bunnies, contains a photo of Selena holding me as a child. She's probably about 7 or 8, and I'm just a tiny little speck of a toddler. She's looking up at the camera, smiling. I try to wipe the dirt away, but to no avail. 

How could she have left this down here? Does she not care about me anymore? The large quantity of dust on this is evident that our relationship has been crumbling for years. Suddenly, the doorknob wiggles. In this area, I'm practically asking to be stepped on. The door is pushed open, snapping me back to my senses. I stumble to get up and rush underneath the dresser. I slide under it, gathering dirt on my clothes. Corpses of bugs littered around me make me gag. I pinch my nose and look away.

All I see are Selena's flats entering the room, thudding with each thunderous step she takes. As she closes the door, it picks up momentum and flings whatever was on her dirty shoes my way. Mud particles and blades of grass come flying at me, with incredible speed. The sudden gust of wind aggravates the settled dust as well, sending it into my eyes and up my nose. I'm pelted with the lumps of mud and whipped by the grass, meanwhile I sputter and wheeze. I use my left hand to wave away the dust and use my right to wipe my eyes. My body attempts to ease the pain by making me cry, draining my eyes of the hurtful particles. Regaining my vision, I follow her feet as she walks to the foot of her bed. She gets on her bed, with her knees. She slips her flats off, revealing her bare feet. She uses the top of her left foot to rub the sole of her right foot, wiping off any residue of dirt or mud. The process continues, switching to using the top of her right foot to wipe her left sole. Then, sure she got all of the dirt off, her feet soar up as she falls onto her bed, flat on her stomach. She uses her elbows to keep her up. Her ankles rest on the edge of the bed, leaving her feet out in the open. 

I need to talk to her. About why she said what she did. Unsure on what exactly I'm going to say, I crawl out from under the dresser and dust myself off. Patting my pants and chest, I'm sure I got all the dirt on me off. I rise to my feet and walk closer to her bed. From this height, it's difficult to see what she's doing. I see her thumbs moving rapidly on something. She must be on her phone. Maybe this isn't the best idea. Abandoning logic, I shout her name and she looks around. She looks unsure of where the shout came from. I call again and her head turns toward me, her eyes automatically losing interest.

"What do you want?" She asks, turning her attention to her phone again.

"Can you pick me up so I can talk to you better?" I shout.

She sighs, obviously annoyed. She turns onto her back and swings her long legs over me. She hovers her foot above me, the colossal sole blocking the light as it descends. She spreads her toes open and fits my head tightly between around her big toe and second toe. Before I can object, she pinches with skull-shattering force. I wriggle and twist and make muffled screams, as her toes are covering my mouth and nose. She tightens her grip on me, and my feet lose contact with the ground. I'm lifted from the floor, my neck tasked with the job of holding my body weight. I feel like my neck is going to tear apart, skin tearing slowly. With hope and oxygen running out quick, I lift arms and try to pry her toes open, as if that would do any good. The immense struggling only makes what little oxygen I had left , leaving me breathless. My lungs burn and the pain that plagues my skull remains in place, if not worsened. Then, light comes back as I'm released from her long warm toes. Vertigo increases my need to vomit, but I somehow manage to keep it inside. I hit the sheets with my back, slamming my head down with extreme force as well. The crude sheets scratch at my neck, as if I didn't have enough problems. The muscles in my neck feel like rubber that's been stretched too far, and they lock, limiting my head rotation. The ground starts shaking as I see Selena sitting up, holding herself up with her arms like a gorilla. Her muscles bulge,  the while she crosses her legs under her. The enormous feet that just released me catch the fabric, pulling me closer to her than I'd like to be right now.

"There, what do you want?" She says again, no trace of remorse for her actions in her voice.

I manage to balance myself, though my knees threaten to buckle at any moment. The high pitched whining noise that filled my ears has disappeared as well. I turn around and look up at Selena. Her enormous face devoid of emotion.

"Selena, what's wrong with you?!" I shout, temper rising from the indignation I had to endure.

"What's wrong with me? What isn't wrong with you!?" She retorts.

"What are you talking about? What did I do to deserve this?!" I yell.

"Being born." She says, disgust written all over her face.

"What? How could you... Selena, please, stop saying these things! I know you don't mean them!

"I mean every word I'm saying."

"But why? What have I done?"

"Ever since you came into our lives, we had to be careful and take extreme caution taking care of you. You think I like having to constantly look down at the ground every time I step in something and hope it isn't the mangled remains of one of my brothers stuck to my foot! Mom has been a nervous wreck since you and Jack were born! How can she take care of FOUR children, when two are as  as bugs! And now you want to go to school! Don't you care about her? She's worried to death that you'll come home scraped up from under  shoe! God, why can't you be normal!" 

"Selena... I... I know mom cares about, it's clear to see. But mom isn't always going to be there. We're brother and sister, we have to stick with together, through all adversities that approach! I... I love you Selena."

"Go use that feeling on someone who feels the same then." She says icily.

I stumble back, the words obviously impacting me. "Why is all this coming out now? I know we've been growing apart for years, but what could have caused this outburst?" 

She glares at me before speaking, "Do you know what I've been called today? Words you've never heard, let alone understand. The friends I lost, the looks I received. All because I have a freak for a brother. No, not even that... a BUG, for a brother." She spits out.

"You don't think I wasn't called names too?! You're alienating your own brother, just because of the pain you've received in one day? Try being me for a day! You're lucky you can walk anywhere, without having to worry about being crushed by,  I don't know, anything that moves!"

"You should stop talking before there's one more thing in this world that can, and will crush you." 

My eyes widen and I take a step back. This is what it's come to. Threatening to crush me. She said it so plainly, as if there's nothing wrong with it. Suddenly, my body ceases to function and I'm riddled with fear. Fear of my own sister. The swift death she can deliver upon me. Her cold eyes shoot lasers through me, and I continue to back up. My foot catches a loose thread and I fall back. I can't hold it in. The mental damage I've held in collapses, breaking the dam of emotions stored inside. Tears fall down my face, blurring my vision.

"If you're going to cry, do it in your room." She says coldly, curling her warm digits around me and tightening.

She lifts me up and slides her legs off the bed, standing up. She strides over to the small house and stuffs me into it. Jack grabs onto the window sill he was standing near to keep from falling. Did he just see what happened? Her hand leaves me crumpled up in a pile on the floor. I lay there, watching her hand float away, and then feeling the ground shake as she walks away.

"Micheal! What's wrong?" Jack asks, running to my side.

"Nothing," I wheeze out.

I remain on the floor, using my left hand to half- wipe away the tears. The sound of keys jingling and the front door creaking open echoes down the hall. My mom calls out, telling us all that she's home.

"Come on," Jack starts, "we have to tell mom what Selena did!"

"No Jack, we can't. It's simple. Selena just... doesn't care anymore. About me, at least." I say, the very words leaving a foul taste in my mouth.


***


Time has passed and dinner has come and gone. My mother called us all over for dinner, and we all took our seats,  and Selena getting there far before us. My mom was excited to see me, her eyes filled with curiosity and her mind racing with questions. That's really all she talked about during dinner how I felt on my first day, if I made any new friends, homework. All the attention was pointed at me, probably not aiding the predicament I'm in with Selena. She just ate her food quietly, never making eye contact with anyone.  was awfully quiet too, totally unlike her.

After about the 15 question my mom asked, I sighed and said that I'm full and tired. She excused me from the table and I slouched my way to my house, not looking back. I could tell she was disappointed. She probably had many more questions for me.



I'm in my room now. Jack lays on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. I lay on my bed and do the same. The moonlight crawls through the window, illuminating the dark room. Selena lays asleep on her bed, face buried in her pillow, her bare feet sticking out from under her blanket. Her soles shine against the soft the blue light.

"Being born." The sentence replays again in my head. "Why can't you be normal?", "A bug." I turn onto my right side, laying my warm face onto the cool pillow. A single tear trickles down my cheek, finding a home in the cotton of my pillow. Why did I have to go to school? If I had just stayed home, just kept my mouth shut... Selena would still love me. If you can call what we had before love. It's better than being called a bug. Not even acknowledged as a human anymore.

My legs heat up under the thick blanket I have over me and I rip it off. I'm just in boxers. I slide my legs over the edge of my bed and sit up. My feet dangle, just bare touching the floor. I close my fingers so that the tips are touching the top of my palm, showing the knuckles on the outside. I rest my hands on my knees and look down at the floor between my legs. Another tear falls down, narrowly avoiding my legs, slapping the ground with a soft thump. The impact separated the single tear into even smaller droplets, splattering them onto my bare feet. The cold liquid makes me shiver, though there wasn't enough to feel very well. 

I'm afraid to sleep. Afraid of who will hurt me in my dreams now. That nightmare, earlier, it was too vivid. Too real. Remembering it again, the scene plays again in my brain, with it's sickening clarity. The squelch of Jack's body being compressed into a mushy warm liquid. I close my eyes and fall back, letting the soft piece of memory foam catch me. I sink into the inviting foam, and curl my legs to my chest. I pull the blanket over my already suddenly cold body, and try to think of something pleasant. Tess' warm soft hands, her perfect smile. With the image of my high school crush floating around in my head, I drift into slumber.
Doubt by Julianz

I open my eyes and begin to lift my head. Some faint light shines through our window, it’s still early in the morning. I don’t think I have to be out of bed for another hour or so. Jack’s still peacefully asleep in his bed. His chest slowly rises, then falls, in an even rhythm.

Even when I was asleep, I couldn’t get my mind off my situation. It all seems so… bizarre. I mean, if I really look at my entire life, nothing makes any sense.

Why am I here? Why was I cursed with size, along with Jack? Is Jack even my twin? I always called him that because of how close we’ve been, but our four-year birth separation defies the meaning of being a twin. Was a single day at high school worth the toll it took on my relationship with Selena? I mean, if I’m even to begin to believe the reasons she gave me yesterday. Bullying at school caused this? She brings the bullying home, for what, to then in turn take this anger out on me? At least Jack hasn’t seen this side of her, but that doesn’t make it any easier for me to handle. Whether or not it was the reason she exploded, that doesn’t change the fact she’s been harboring these feelings for quite some time. Maybe her interaction with Rachel stirred the pot before it boiled over as well.

I really don’t know what to do at this point. What can I say? Not that she’d even listen to me for just a moment. For the first time in my life, I feel like… like I have nobody I can go to. I can’t go to back to bed and I don’t like thinking about this.

I yank the sheets off and sit up, swinging my legs over the side of my bed. Placing both my feet on the cold ground, I stand up and shuffle to the window that gives me a view of the room. Selena’s still asleep as well.

I feel so trapped. I can’t do anything on my own right now. Even if I wanted to do something simple, like reading a book, I’d need someone to crack it open for me. Otherwise I’d risk being crushed. How sad is that?

Maybe this whole school thing was a mistake. Maybe I should just throw away the whole idea and go back to how things were. Even though I’m only three inches tall, I had a good life, I guess. It was a lot simpler, at least on the surface.

But today… I got a taste of it. Of living a normal life. I met a girl I really liked. No, more than that, she gave me feelings that I don’t even fully understand yet! I have met people who haven’t been nothing but nice to me, something that the world is full of, something I need to learn to deal with. Potential knowledge and lessons I can’t learn from just my mom, that I need to learn for myself. I’ve got to keep this going, I must trudge on. What kind of person would that make me if I just gave up on the first challenge of the new direction I’ve taken in my life?

It’s settled. I am going to do this. The first possible step I can take to the prospect of being independent, even to some small degree, lies on me doing this.

“Look out world,” I say, straightening my posture, “here I come.”

 

End Notes:

I apologize for the short chapter, it's been awhile since I've worked on this and I needed to get back into the flow of things. More will come soon.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=3157