- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognized characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringment is intended. *********************************************

You know, most people go throughout their day, not thinking about the difficulties for other people. Like me. I've spent about ninety percent of my life in my mom's hands. She's WAYYYY too overprotective of me. Her name is Cindy Dixon. My name is Micheal Dixon. Son of the late famous Colonel George Dixon. He saved a small town from a bomb buried deep under the city's gas supply. Unfortunately, he was killed in Iraq. I haven't seen him since I was 6. I'm only 14 going on 15.

Anyways, as I was saying, I have several difficulties in my life. Since I'm only 3 inches tall. I was born at an amazing half an inch tall. My mom didn't know she was pregnant, because of my size. But somehow, I survived birth. My mother never told me the story, and I really don't need to know.

As I was saying, things that would seem easy to you are actually almost-impossible tasks to me. For instance, walking around the house. Maybe you could reach your room from the living room in a few seconds, right? Not for me. It takes a couple minutes. Because, my sister (Selena) is constantly walking around the house barefoot. I have to go out of my way to not get squished sometimes. But thats only when she's chatting on the phone and doesn't bother to look down.

My sister is a pretty 17-year-old brunette with almond colored eyes that you could melt in. Not really, but you get it. She towers over me, standing at about 5"8. My mom has all the same features as Selena. I, on the other hand, have short brown hair like my dad. My eyes are a light gray, unlike my dad. I never really understood why I had gotten Gray eyes, but hey, I'm not complaining.

I'm also not complaining about my family. My mother, thank god, is a tailor and made me clothes since I was born. My clothes were messed up here and there the first couple times. Now, she could make me pants, a shirt, and socks in about, 6 hours. My shoes are made from some material used to make actual shoes. They were specially ordered from a company that makes shoes your way.

Oh yeah, this would be a good time to mention my twin brother. His name is Jack. He was born 4 years after me, but looks exactly like me. He stands at about 2 and a half inches tall. Again, my mom didn't know she was pregnant with him. And boy am I glad he was born. I'd hate to be the only abnormal member of the family.

Also, I have a little sister, Jazzmine, only she's regular height. Right now she 12 and approximately 5"1 tall. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. When she was little, she'd play with me against my will. I was forced to play "Tea Party" until Selena saved me. And being saved by Selena is a 1 in 1,000 chance. My realationship with Selena has been dying over the years, now that we're older. She barely even makes eye-contact with me. The only time are family gathers up is on Sunday dinners. My mom would cook something up and we'd all sit at a small table.

But I have to say, my relationship with Jazzmine has gotten better. She apologized for all the things she made me do and I accepted. Honestly, Jazzmine has been a better sister to me than Selena. To Jack as well. Jack's and my bond with Jazzmine is REALLY strong. Jazzmine would do anything for us. But Selena won't. She's entered that "Rebelious" phase and the age where she wants the least to do with any of us. Sometimes I miss when I was little, I would cry and she would hold me against her cheek and rock me until I fell asleep. She was a better child than Jazzmine. She comforted me when I found out my dad had died.

I would give anything for the memory of her cradling me. Anything.