Sandra's Big Change by L2K7
Summary:

This is a new story that I'm writing. It's going to be about a girl in High School (Senior, 18 years of age) strong in sports, and suffers an injury. Upon receiving a special treatment, she has a speedy recovery and starts to get a little taller. That's about all the details I can really spare right now, so I hope it was enough and hope you enjoy this story.


Categories: Growing Woman, Teenager (13-19) Characters: None
Growth: Giant (31 ft. to 50 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 12123 Read: 56567 Published: July 24 2012 Updated: August 21 2012

1. Big Dreams of Injuries by L2K7

2. Bike Accidents Don't Allow Speedy Recoveries by L2K7

3. Outburst at the Nurse's Station by L2K7

4. To Mickey's Office to Chat by L2K7

5. A New Treatment by L2K7

6. Preparing Sandra for a Discussion by L2K7

7. Deciding on the Treatment by L2K7

8. The Night Before the Procedure by L2K7

9. Prepping for the Trip to Surgery by L2K7

10. Mary Can't Go with Sandra by L2K7

11. The Procedure by L2K7

Big Dreams of Injuries by L2K7
Author's Notes:

A city is shown a truly towering woman as she comes through the city, looking for someone...or is she?

It was an ordinary day in the city. Birds were flying through the air, chirping as the sun was shining down onto the streets. There were men and women walking to and from various buildings, making their way down the streets. Traffic went by, every now and again, the sounds of car engines filling up the intersections whenever a light would turn red. People waved to one another as they drove by, past all of the houses. It was all around a very peaceful day. It almost seemed too peaceful in fact. What sort of city has harmony nonstop? No city, that's what. Every town has it's fair share of chaos and discord. This city, the city of Kipper, was no exception.

As if a 'solution' for this normal, peaceful atmosphere, the ground moved, slightly. A crashing sound occurs a few blocks past an intersection, in the direction of Kipper High School. People stop walking and turn towards Kip Avenue, the road that leads to the school, at the very heart of the city. The sound interests them, and concerns some. It was almost as if some huge crate fell from a truck, or a light pole fell from it's position. People gathered around the intersection, looking down, together, to see what had produced the sound.

Dozens of eyes were scanning the street, all hoping to be the first to see the cause of the sound. Some had their cameras out, ready to take pictures of whatever had fallen, and some were just watching because they didn't have anything better to do. People were whispering to one another as the crashing happened against. “What do you think it was? A crate? No way! What kind of truck loses more than one crate? You'd have to be deaf to not realize you'd lost something as you were driving. Maybe there's a car wreck up there somewhere!” With dozens of eyes came dozens of theories. All of the theories, however, we wrong.

Out from behind a tall building came the source of the noise. All eyes shifted from the street up into the air, near the building, as they saw the towering frame that came forth, turning onto the street, heading towards them. Everyone on the streets gasped in disbelief as they looked at what they thought was some sort of giant person. “W-What? Look at her! She's the size of a building? What is this? More of Japan's robotic developments?!” More rumors were being created, by the second, as they saw a towering woman of more than 50 feet, strolling down Kip Avenue.

She was truly immense, in every part of her body. She stood above the rest of the people, being looked at and awed by everyone in the area. Every aspect of her body was visible to the entire block. She had dark-toned skin, as if she were some sort of mix of Native American and Caucasian. From the curves of her hips up to the rounded cheek-bones on her face, she was like a tall statue, only real. Thick, black hair grew from the top of her forehead and was stretching down nearly 20 feet, down to waist. It flowed behind her as she continued her walk through the town. Her breasts moved from side to side, showing everyone around her C-cupped mounds.

Lastly was the part causing all of these sounds, in the first place. Her right leg moved, her foot moving up into the air. The small whistling of air could be heard all around them as the tall woman's leg moved forward, her shadow passing over several cars as she took a step. Her foot them came down, impacting the ground, causing a light shaking feeling, along with that crashing noise everyone had heard from before. The woman walked closer and closer to the crowd, the sounds of car alarms flaring through the streets after each step, her very stride able to rock the world below.

Half the crowd started screaming, the other half trying to run out of her way. As her foot came closer and closer, they all tried to call up to her, but to no avail. Her face was planted forward, not paying any attention to the small people down on the streets. It was as if she either didn't see them, or just didn't care that they were down there. She kept walking, setting off more car alarms and shattering the side window of a small Jetta her foot landed right next to. Suddenly, there was only one person left in the street. A young woman, looking up towards her. The woman had no face at all. Where her face would once be, there was nothing but a blackened blur.

The woman then looked down at her, and smiled. “Found you, whoever you are! Leave Jason alone!” The woman gave the woman on thr ground a glare. As she began to move, a small electrical cord severed from a phone cable, diving stright into the woman's knee. An electrical current was sent through her body and she screamed out in pain. The screams were followed by immense echoing voices as the city started to fade out, into nothing but white light. “Sandra! Sandra, please wake up! Wake up!”

Sandra Moore's head shot up as she woke up, bright lights right above her. Her breathing was heavy and there was sweat running down, past her long, black hair. The 18-year old girl's head was shaking as she felt two hands touching her shoulders. To her right, she saw the slight-wrinkled face of her mother, her short-black hair looking down at her. To her left was a tall man in a white coat. In an instant, a sharp pain made itself apparent in her knee. The woman, in her voice, screamed. “Easy, sweetie” said her mother, tightening the grip on her shoulder. “You're all right. We're at the hospital.”

Sandra looked down at herself, seeing her tall 5'9 frame wrapped up in a hospital gown. There was a few layers of white bandages wrapped around her knee and everything started coming back to her. The audition, the accident, everything. After a moment, she gripped onto her mother's hand and sighed, leaning into it...

Bike Accidents Don't Allow Speedy Recoveries by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Sandra goes through a shocking realization of the speed at which her injury will heal, and what it will conflict with...

The soft beeping of medical equipment could be heard throughout the room as Sandra had awakened from her dream. Her mother's hand was cold, yet provided a warm comfort to her, as she recovered from the shock of waking up, and of the pain returning to her leg. She also had some slight pain in her forehead, which had a small bandage over it, just above her left eye. Her vision was blurred as she realized where she was, her memory slowly coming back to her. There was a stinging in her knee, but she tried to ignore it. All she cared about, at the moment, was being alright and having her mother close.

“Thanks, Mom.” she said, in a soft, weak voice. In reaction to this, her mother's other hand came up and brushed back her hair. “You know it's no trouble. You're my daughter, after all, and you're all I have left.” Sandra had always been close to her mother, ever since his freshman year of high school. Her father died in a car accident and she didn't have any brothers or sisters, at the time. She didn't feel safe enough to open all of that up to her friends, so she and her mother went into a phase of grieving, together. This helped strengthen the bond between the two of them, and it had made Sandra close to her mother, making her the oddball of her class. Very few high school-aged girls enjoyed being around their parents.

“What do you remember of the accident, Ms. Moore?” The doctor's voice came in loud and clear. Sandra turned her head to look at him, yawning. She remembered quite a bit about the accident, though her voice was a little groggy when she tried to answer him. “I remember...basketball practice last a long time. I rode my bicycle home, because the car was...in the shop, for something. I sped towards the curb near...Plum Street, I think, and then, I woke up here. Seeing you and Mom is the last thing I remember after that.” Her memory was a little fuzzy, not remembering the actual cause of her accident to the point of it happening.

The doctor nodded his head a couple times and picked up a clipboard attached to the metal table that turned around the bed she was on. Flipping through pages, he made a few more nodding gestures before he looked back to her. “Good. According to the report I got, you hit the curb, at an angle. When your mother here brought you in, aside from your knee injury, your head was bleeding and you were unconscious.” He then flipped the papers back and set the clip board down, reaching for a small, clear cup, filled with two small pills. Handing it to her, he continued. “Here, take these. It will ease the pain.”

Sandra took a minute to look at the pills before popping them in her mouth and swallowing. She could still feel a good deal of pain in her knee, and she didn't like that, at all. She was concerned about it, to say the least. Looking to him again, she spoke about her injury. “How bad is it? When can I get back to basketball?” Her question had a lot of reasoning behind it, and she only prayed that it wasn't as serious as it looked, and felt. “Basketball? Are you kidding?” said the doctor, taking his glasses off. “Ms. Moore, you have a bone that is fractured in three places. You won't be doing any kind of physical activity for weeks, at best.”

“WHAT?!” she screamed, not believing what the doctor was saying. Her head had pulled forward, bringing her up from the pillows on the bed. “What do you mean 'weeks'?! I can't be out-of-action for that long! I have things that I have to do! I have to perform an audition in less than a month for a big scholarship, one that I really need! I HAVE to be able to play basketball for that audition, or I might not be able to get into Stanmore University!” Sandra was freaking out at this point, but the doctor was still as calm as ever, looking to her with a very serious expression.

His concerns were obviously not as serious as hers. “Listen, Ms. Moore. I'm very sorry about your injury, but if you didn't hear me, you have a bone fractured in--” “I know! THREE PLACES!” barked Sandra, getting angrier every second. “I know it's bad, but I have to be able to make that audition! Do you know how long and hard Mom and I have been practicing together and planning and researching to do this?! I can't let some stupid injury stop me from getting in there! I have to get the scholarship! There's no other way!”

“Ms. Moore, please calm down. There is nothing I can do. We are giving your injury the best care we can, but there's simply no other option available right now.” The doctor was very clear in his response to her. She was clearly upset, and for good reason, but you just can't get around recovery to do something like that. “But, I...I need to...I need that scholarship...I...” Sandra was calming down, her mother placing her hand on her shoulder, the doctor walking out the door. Sandra looked to her mother, that mean expression she'd given the doctor soon disappearing as the door closed behind him.

“Mom, you know how hard I've been working for this. My grades, the constant practice we do at home, the audition is next week. I can't...this can't be happening!” Her mother knew that things were bad right now, and they seemed very bad, to her. She wrapped her arms around her daughter's head and pulled her into her shoulder, starting to brush her hair again. “I know, Sandra. I know. You've been working so hard to get into Stanmore, and you'll get in. I promise.” She didn't know, for sure, if she really could turn this around for Sandra, but she would do her best.

“Mom, you make this sound so...easy to do.” she said, trying to grasp some of her mother's optimism. As her head was let go of, her mother smiled and ruffled her hair a little. “Tell ya what, kiddo...I'm gonna go find the doctor and see if we can't find something better for you, okay? I'll see what I can do to get you a faster treatment.” She pushed her chair back from the bed and began to stand up, the sun shining in on her own skin, darker in color than Sandra's, her side of the family stronger in Native American heritage. “I'll be back before you know it!” Sandra let out a smile as she watched her mother walk out the door. “Thanks, Mom.” she whispered to herself, closing her eyes and thinking harder on what had led her to this situation...

Outburst at the Nurse's Station by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Mary, Sandra's mother, does what she can to try and get her daughter some better treatment...

Mary, Sandra's mother, had just closed the door to her daughter's hospital room and turned to look at the wall engraving beside it. There was a room number and a quote on it, taken from a novel by the man who had founded the hospital, years ago. “Small, but subtle are the blessings for the patient. Big and destructive are the punishments of the hasty.” She looked at the quote for a minute, pulling a small pad of paper to write down her daughter's room number, ensuring that she wouldn't forget it. In her 39 years of life, she had forgotten things one too many times to not have something to write down her important thoughts. “Alright. 246. Room 246. Don't worry, sweetie. I'll be right back.”

She made her way down a hallway, walking past several sets of rooms with several sets of patients. The hall was crowded, the evening young and this being the busiest hospital in the city. There were heart monitors, defibrillators, waste baskets, and many other pieces of equipment crowding the hall. At the end of it, however, was an open area with a large, round set of desks, where she'd been earlier that day, finding out where they'd taken Sandra. If she was going to get any answers to what she wanted to know and do, it would be from them. They had watched over Sandra's progress since she'd been brought in.

She still remembered what had happened earlier, as she walked towards the Nurse's Station. She may have been a forgetful mother, but she couldn't forget any of that. Sandra had busted through the front door, crying and screaming. She could still hear “M-Mom! Mom, help me!” ringing in her head. It made her eyes water, just from the memory of it. The look of pain and fear on her daughter's face, the look of fear on her own face. It was all terrifying to Mary. She had already lost her husband. On some level, she felt like she might lose her daughter, too. She'd dropped the phone conference she was in and rushed her to the Emergency Room. There would be hell to pay from her co-workers, but she didn't care. She had enough money, and her daughter was more important.

She deeply sighed as she got closer to the Nurse's Station, thinking harder on the scenario. She had dropped her off at the ER, but they wouldn't let her come in with her. Sandra's knee had been misplaced, and had a lot of bleeding coming out of her head. They'd taken her straight in for treatment, leaving Mary behind. She was told to move to the main hospital building, after Sandra had been treated and placed in a room. Mary had spent the next 2 hours constantly asking the nurses about where Sandra had been placed. Finally, a young, blonde-haired nurse had told her where she was, where she hurried along.

“Thank goodness you're okay, honey.” she whispered to herself, finally coming up to the desks. She knew Sandra wasn't in that great of a condition, and her plans of auditioning for this scholarship seemed thwarted, for the moment, but she was glad she was going to be okay. Mary didn't know if she could handle losing another family member, the last loved one she had left to her. Right now, though, she needed to do something for Sandra. Her daughter needed to recover fast, and she was going to make sure that she got the best treatment she could possibly get. She put her hands up on the table of the desk and blurted out words. “I need to speak to someone about my daughter.”

The nurse from before walked over to her and gave her an innocent smile. Her blue eyes met Mary's eyes as she began to converse with her. “Sure thing, hun. What did you need to talk about? Did they move her?” “No, no, no...” began Mary, shaking her head. “I know where she is, thanks to you, but I need to know about her medication. I need to know if there's anything better I can get for her.” The nurse began to finger through her files, until she pulled out a clipboard with Sandra's name on it. “Let's see...your daughter is Sandra Moore. According to our file, she is on a very strong antibiotic. Recovery time is, on average, about 6 weeks.”

“No, no, no, no, no! That is EXACTLY what I need to talk about! That's not good enough! My daughter needs better treatment than that. I have more than enough money to afford any kind of treatment you have for you. Nothing is too expensive. I demand that you give her something better. She HAS to get better sooner than that!” “I'm sorry, Miss, but there's nothing we can really do. This is one of the strongest medications we have here at the--” The nurse had begun to speak, but Mary's adrenaline was running and interrupted her. “NO! There has to be more. What aren't you telling me?! What are you hiding from us? She deserves the best, and that's too long. Stop lying to me!”

The hallway got quiet after that. The rolling of equipment stopped, as did the chatter of everyone else. Suddenly, everyone in the surrounding area was looking at Mary Moore. They all had looks of disapproval, shock, and more. She started to feel a little nervous, and she could see that the nurse in front of her was shocked as well. “I'm sorry...” said Mary, letting out a sigh. “I didn't mean to yell at you. I just...want the best for my daughter. That's all. You don't know how worried I am for her. Ever since her father died, Sandra's all I have. I don't want her to be sick any longer than she has to.”

“I understand, Miss Moore.” said the nurse, smiling towards her. “You must love your daughter very much to do this much for her when she's sick.” Looking around, she waited for the other nurses to turn the other way. She then started whispering to her. “If you'll hold on just a moment, I think I can make a call to get you something that may be better for her. Head down to Radiology and ask for someone named Mickey. They'll know you're coming.” The nurse then began to write something down on a small piece of paper. She reached forward and stuck it into Mary's purse, which was handing from her arm.

“I...am not sure I understand.” said Mary, a little confused about this. “Shhh...” replied the nurse. “Just go down to Radiology, find Mickey, and everything will be fine. I promise.” She winked at Mary as she motioned her to leave. Mary still wasn't sure what was going on, but she just slowly walked down the hall, seeing a map on the wall, so she could find out where Radiology was, and to find this Mickey person...

To Mickey's Office to Chat by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Mary head down to Radiology, meeting with Mickey and being taken back to an Office...

Mary found a map on the wall of a hall, just past the Nurse's Station, that held a map of the entire hospital. She had been told by the Nurse to go to Radiology and find someone called Mickey. The woman had been really quiet about it, whispering her to and making sure no one else was looking in on them. It was a miracle that no one was looking at them, given how Mary had just acted. Her outburst was definitely deserving of attention. How often did a patient's mother come to the station and start screaming at a nurse, because their daughter's recovery time wasn't fast enough?

Aside from the confusion, she intended to head towards Radiology, and soon. She didn't want to leave Sandra alone too long, and the sooner she could get her better treatment, the better. She slid her finger all over the map, looking for the Radiology Department. “Ah, here it is. Floor 3, Hall F. Floor 3...Hall F...” Mary looked around for where she was located. On the Map, it showed her position. She grunted for a moment, realizing that she wasn't exactly close to her destination. “Darnit, I'm on Floor 10, and Hall A. I'm gonna have to go halfway across the hospital to get there.” She quickly turned and quickly walked down the halls, towards the elevators.

The Elevators were already there, ready to take her, thankfully. She rode down to Floor 3, and flew out when the doors opened up. With the signs on the ceiling as her guide, she swiftly moved from hall to hall, making the trip to Radiology as quick as possible. She didn't care that Sandra was just fine. She wasn't exactly a patient person. Just like her daughter, she thought the time the doctors told them it would take to heal was just unacceptable. Nearly plowing through half a dozen people, she finally got down to the desk for Radiology, sweat rolling down her forehead, her chest feeling hot and heavy.

Her hand was on the desk, and someone placed their hand on hers. “Are you alright, Miss?” they asked. Taking deep breaths, her chest burning from the run she'd just taken, she looked up, seeing the face of another blonde woman. Her eyes scanned the woman as she was waiting for an answer, and her eyes went straight down to her chest. Her eyes bulged, as if she were some pervert, happy to see a pair of bulging breasts. She smiled for a second and looked back to the woman's face. She looked about the same age she was. She had seen the name tag, which read “Mickey” “I'm looking for Mickey. I was just sent down from the Nurse's Station.”

The other woman took her hand off Mary's for a moment and pushed her glasses back. She peered down at her own chest and looked at her name tag. Picking a pen up from a small cup near her she started to write on a small pad of paper. “Well, unless my glasses are failing, I believe you're in the right place, dear. I am, indeed, Mickey. I received a call about you a few minutes ago. You're...Mary, right? Mary Moore?” Mary gave her a nod, confirming her identity. “Alright, then, Mary. The Station didn't give me too many details. What can I do for you?”

“Well...” began Mary, finally starting to catch her breath again. “My daughter, Sandra Moore, was just in an accident and the medicine she's on just is taking too long to heal. She's got this really important audition come up with sports next week, and she just needs to be healthy by then. The Nurse I spoke to told me that you could get me something better for my daughter. I need something to heal her knee injury before that audition. It's her only chance, right now, at getting into Stanmore University. We need that scholarship. I'm willing to pay anything I can for better treatment. Money is not an issue for us.”

“Oh, you're little girl's heading to Stanmore? Impressive. Well, dear, why don't you come back to my office and we can talk about this. I'm afraid, for confidentiality purposes, I can't talk to you about this in such a...public environment.” “Public?” asked Mary, a little confused at the attitude Mickey was giving her. “Why can't you talk about it to me here? What is the big--” Mary was silenced as Mickey's finger came up to her lips. She leaned her head forward and shook her head, whispering to her. “Listen, I can't talk to you where everyone else can hear us. This is very hush-hush. It's either the office or I send you back to your daughter, no extra treatment. You make the choice.”

She didn't have to tell Mary twice. This was definitely an interesting situation, and she wasn't exactly sure what to think about this. The atmosphere suddenly sounded a lot more serious than it had before. As the finger was removed from Mary's lips, she brought them in, softening them with her tongue, and then looked back to Mickey, nodding her head quickly. “S-sure! Your office is great. Lead the way!” Mickey then backed up from her desk and unlocked the door next to it. “Step through the door and follow me, Mary. We'll get you to your appointment.”

She wasn't exactly sure about this 'appointment' deal, but she wasn't willing to pass up the chance to get Sandra some better treatment. She opened the door and started walking across a carpet floor, following Mickey, her blonde hair swaying behind her. They got to the normal Radiology rooms, but went back through an extra hallway, into a dimly-lit area. Mary thought it strange for a hospital to have such a place, but was in no position to argue or complain. She was led into a room, which looked like a normal patient's room, with a small desk, a few chairs, and a large, matted bed for patients to sit on. Mickey sat her down in one of the chairs and smiled towards her. “Just wait a few minutes and the doctor will be in to discuss these treatments.”

Mickey reached for a small phone and pressed a button on it. “Hello, get me Dr. Miller. We finally have a patient for the RG-01 treatment. Please, send him as soon as possible.” Mary raised her eyebrow at the code name for this treatment. She was confused, but Mickey looked back and assured her things would be fine. So, she calmed herself down and waited, thinking about her daughter...

A New Treatment by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Dr. Miller joins Mary in the room, explaining the treatment they are proposing to use on Sandra...

Mary wasn't sure how long she had been waiting in that room for Mickey, and this Dr. Miller to come in and talk to her. She wasn't known for her patience as she rocked back and forth, sighing every few seconds, hoping that what was going on would be over soon. “Come on...” she whined to herself. “This isn't getting Sandra better. What's taking them so long? I need to get back to her. She might need me.” Time was ticking by as she looked at the clock and dropped her jaw. It felt like an eternity had passed by, but in reality, it had only really been 4 minutes.

“No way! That's...not possible!” She yanked her arm up and checked a small, silver watch that was on her hand. She was hoping it had been longer, but it hadn't. Her watch also read that only four minutes had passed. This definitely wasn't her day, to be sure. She just wanted to get back to her daughter, so she could talk to her, calm her down, and help her. Instead, she was trying to help her and was stuck in a room, far from Sandra. She didn't even have her cell on her, so she couldn't call and talk to her. She could only stay and wait for Mickey to return.

She didn't have to wait too much longer, depending on your perspective. A knock came to the door, and a tall, black-haired doctor with a thin-cut style walked into the room about 6 minutes later, 10 minutes after Mickey had left. To him, not much time had passed by. To Mary, however, it felt like it had been nearly an hour. She wanted to help Sandra, but the waiting just felt so painful and long. She tried not to show it as the doctor came in. He reached his hand to her and gave her a grin. “Hello, Mrs. Moore. I'm Doctor Miller.”

She reached back, standing up in the process, thinking about what to say. “Mrs.” wouldn't be the right thing to call her, seeing as how she no longer had a husband. Her head bowed to him as she shook his hand. “Just call me Mary” she said, choosing not to bring up the differenciation in her prefix. There'd be no point in arguing about that. After all, she'd just be arguing about something that had nothing to do with the current conversation. Getting past that, and the rest of their greetings, Mickey walked back into the room and leaned against the wall. Dr. Miller then sat both Mary and himself down, and moved in front of her, crossing his arms.

“Okay, then. Mary, I hear that you want some quicker medication for your daughter. Mickey seems to think that you'd be willing to try anything to get her ready for her little audition for her scholarship. Is that right?” Mary blinked for a moment, just looking at him. She was surprised he knew as much as he did. “Oh, sorry.” he said. “Mickey clued me in on the situation on our way here. I should have told you.” That made things make a little more sense. At least he wasn't a mind-reader, or something strange like that. Mary shook her head for a second, trying to get past all of this. “No, No, it's alright. Yes. I want faster medication for Sandra, if I can.”

“I want you to know, though...” she began, wanting to be able to convince this doctor to give her daughter some better treatment. “Money is not an issue for me. It doesn't matter how expensive the treatment is. If it can help my baby girl recover faster, I want to try it. This audition means everything to Sandra. I can't let her miss it.” There was a pauses and a grin from the doctor. He wasn't going to talk about the price of the medication until later, but Mary had covered that right now. “I understand.” he said. “However, there are a few things you need to know before you decide on this treatment. There are certain things you need to know.”

“What do you mean?” Mary was curious about these things she needed to know. What did she need to know? If it would help her recover faster, then why would she need to bother with such small details? She didn't feel she needed to know everything, but she was going to get the information anyways. “Well, Mrs. Moore, this is a procedure that has been purely experimental until about a month ago.” Now things were starting to feel a little more serious. Experimental? What did he mean by all of that? Was this some sort of new treatment on the market?

Dr. Miller leaned back in his chair and took a deep breath. “2 years ago, research began on a process of controlled cell regeneration. It was an idea that, if put into effect properly, would be able to rapidly heal any sort of damage to the body, so long as the patient were still alive. It would implement a strategy to let the cells regenerate themselves at a much faster rate than we already have in our bodies. Broken bones would take days, instead of weeks, punctures to the skin minutes instead of hours, and much more. The problem was that the process of testing it was extremely tricky. It took the entire 2 years to complete the research.”

Mary wasn't sure what to say to this story, but kept herself quiet until he was finished explaining all of this to her. “In short, Mary, this has never been done before. If you agree for her to accept this treatment, you will be subjecting her to a treatment that is completely new. I can't say that there will be a 100% chance of her coming out without any sort of side-effects. It could make her sick, just as she is now. Then again, she might be fine and you could have her at perfect health within a few days from now. It won't kill her, and any side-effect would probably only be temporary. You just need to know that it might not work, and that it's brand new.”

This was definitely going to be a risk, on Mary's part. This treatment had never bee used before, so there was no telling what might happen to her daughter. Could she really make that decision for Sandra? She wasn't sure, but she wanted her to get better. “I...well...maybe I'm not the right person to be asking about this. I mean, if it's not going to kill her, and could get her better in time for the audition, then I'd say go for it. But, maybe we should run this by Sandra first, since she's the one we'd be doing this on. Would that be alright?”

“Of course” replied Dr. Miller. He slowly got up and reached for Mary, taking her hand and pulling her up as well. “I admire your respect, Mrs. Moore. Most parents would immediately say yes and force this treatment onto their child. You want your daughter to make the decision on her own, though. You can worry, but not sacrifice the independence of your child. I like that. Now, let's head over to the other side of the hospital and talk to Sandra.” With a smile and a nod, the three of them were out of the office and heading back out to the main hall of the hospital...

Preparing Sandra for a Discussion by L2K7
Author's Notes:

On the way back to Sandra's room, Mary proposes that she talk with Sandra first, before the doctors move in to explain the treatment...

Mary wasn't sure how all of this was going to go. She was currently standing in a corner of an elevator, waiting to reach the correct floor. Dr. Miller and Mickey were both with her, and they were all planning to talk to Sandra about this new treatment. As far as she knew, they would get off the elevator, find Sandra's room, and then settle in for a discussion. She planned to get off the elevator first, allowing her at least a little bit of time to prepare Sandra for the conversation. With how Sandra had reacted to the doctor from before, she felt she needed to be the first one to talk to her about this. She didn't want her to get upset with any more doctors, especially if this treatment would work for her.

She wanted to make sure she could talk to Sandra first. She was her mother, and she felt a certain bonded level with her. She had, after all, spent quite a bit of time with her since her husband was gone. She was also very protective of her. Because of this drive, she turned to Dr. Miller before the elevator reached it's destination. “Excuse me, Doctor, but may I ask you a question? There's something I'd like to ask before we get to Sandra and bring this up to her.” She was trying to sound as innocent as she could, knowing she was about to ask him to wait before coming in. She hoped he would be alright with it.

The doctor took a look at Mickey, and then her. The elevator was still going, and they hadn't spoken since leaving where they'd discussed this. “Of course, Mary. What is it that you would like to know?” His words came through fluent and calm. He was holding up quite the face, despite the fact that he was about to ask someone to take a previously-experimental treatment. His curiosity was shone, though, in his face. He was curious about what Mary wanted. There really wasn't all that much to this talk. They'd just walk in, explain it to Sandra, and then get an answer. If she wanted to do it, they would. If she didn't, they wouldn't.

“Well, if you don't mind, I would like you to wait outside the room for a few minutes. You know, so I can go in and try to prepare my daughter for what we're going to ask her to do. She's a delicate, little flower, and she was quite upset at the last doctor that came in. I just feel that, since I'm her mother, I may be able to talk to her and make the gravity of this treatment situation as light as possible. I don't want her to get upset and deny it, out of pure frustration.” Mary's request was completely honest. She didn't want Sandra to just take this hit and deny the treatment. She knew what kind of stubbornness that daughter of hers could have, and she wanted this treatment idea to go through without a hitch.

“Of course, Mrs. Moore. You may take as much time as you need to prepare your daughter for this. After all, this is a serious decision, both for you and for her. We'll stay outside for as long as you need.” The doctor's willingness to make this compromise was warming to Mary. She didn't want to have this thing screw up from Sandra getting frustrated or too overwhelmed from this news. She knew that she needed to calm her and make sure she was okay before having the doctor explain this treatment. As soon as this conversation had ended, the dinging sound of the elevator came through their ears, and the double-door slid open, revealing the new floor's halls.

The three of them exited the elevator, just as a couple and their son, in a wheelchair, were waiting to enter it. Walking down the hall, they passed the Nurse's station and turned to the left, making their way down the hallway. After a few minutes of strolling around, they finally came back to the room where Sandra was being kept in. Mary walked in front of the doorway and she looked back to the doctor. They nodded, signaling that they were going to wait, and Mary proceeded into the room. “Sandra? I'm back. How are you doing?”

Sandra could be seen, laying on her back, her sheets up past her breasts. Her arms were folded on her stomach and her toned eyelids slowly opened at the voice of her mother. She picked her head up and leaned forward, sending out a small grin as her tired eyes were partially hidden by the hanging strands of hair that grew from her scalp. She watched her mother walk in and sit besides her, on a chair. “Hey, Mom. I'm doing alright. The nurse just left, said I was doing good! My knee still hurts, though. How was your little trip? Did you find out anything about my treatments?”

“I did, honey, and I think there might be another option for you. However...” She reached forward and let her partially-wrinkled hands rest on Sandra's right hand, and her stomach. “It's a doozy, Sandra. Believe me. However, I found a doctor who would like to explain this other treatment. He said that it will bring you back to health with plenty of time for this audition. I'm not exactly sure just how this stuff works, but he seems pretty confident that--” Mary was soon cut off by Sandra, herself, as she called out about what she heard.

“Yes! Where is he? Or she? Can I talk to them now?!” Sandra had been quick to interrupt her mother about this new treatment. The moment she heard the fact that it would heal her in time for the audition made her completely go past possible risks and go straight for it. She desperately wanted to be okay for this audition, and this was going to let her do that. She wanted to talk to this doctor immediately and get this treatment underway. She wouldn't care if they had to stick her with an IV. If it would make her better in time, she would want to do it.

“Now, easy there, honey. Don't get too excited. He's right outside the door. We can get him in here and he explain everything about it in just a mi--” Mary was interrupted again. Sandra heard that he was outside the door and her attitude took over. “Doctor! Doctor, get in here! Tell me about this treatment! I want to go for this!” Sandra's enthusiasm went a bit too far, at times. It got the job done, though. Within moments, the doctor and Mickey walked into the room, a bit of a look of surprise on both their faces. Mary just smiled as she saw them coming in...

Deciding on the Treatment by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Sandra calms herself as Dr. Miller comes into the room, explaining the new treatment to her...

Sandra's desires to talk to this doctor were surprisingly fast. She had not waited a single moment after finding out that there was a faster treatment for it. She didn't know anything about it, or what it would do to her. All that was on her mind, at that moment, was getting better for the audition and the scholarship. She didn't care if they had to stick her with a bunch of needles every day until the healing process was complete. She just wanted to get better, which was why she had interrupted her own mother and called for the doctor, or doctors to come in and explain things to her.

Although her mind was rushed, everyone else's weren't. Mary kept her hand on Sandra's ensuring to hold it and try to keep her comfortable. As she was sitting there, Dr. Miller and Mickey walked into the room, slowly shutting the door behind them. The two of them moved towards the bed, pulling up two chairs on the way there. They also grabbed onto the curtain around the bed, closing it. It was like they wanted this conversation to be as secret as possible. As they got themselves situated, Dr. Miller shook Sandra's hand and started with the pleasantries, which Sandra took straight to the point. “So, when can you do this treatment, doctor?”

“Well, hold your horses there, Ms...Sandra, I think it was?” The doctor had not imagined his potential patient would be so willing to try this new treatment, especially before she knew what it even was. If this was all for some scholarship, he admired her determination, but couldn't help but feel that she wasn't making a rational choice. “Before you say anything about whether or not you wish to pursue this, I believe we need to tell you everything about this new treatment. You need to know the risks, the facts, and everything else that we know about it. After all, this procedure had never been done in practice before. It was just accepted for hospital use recently.”

Sandra was in such a hurry that she hadn't thought about risks or anything like that. She looked at the doctor, half-wanting to not care about the risks and just tell them to do it, anyways. She was about to do so when she felt something squeezing on her hand. Looking to her right, she saw her mother, tightly grabbing onto her hand with both of hers. She had a look on her face. She knew that look. It was the look of worry. “Honey...” she began. “Please don't jump into this too quickly. You need to know everything about this before you make your decision. I want you to do this, and I know you want to get better, but please listen to the doctor before making up your mind, okay?”

If there was one person in the world that could change that stubborn girl's mind on something, it was her mother. It was hard to change her mind, once it had been made up, but there was something about Mary that changed her mind about certain things. There was something about Mary, about her mother. She felt the tight grip and put her free hand on to of her mother's. She looked her in the eyes, her mind slowing itself down. She was rushing into this, and she knew she was. Mary knew she was. The doctors knew she was. “Alright, fine.” After giving her relatively short response, she turned her head to the doctor, her hair moving in front of her face. “Tell me about this new treatment, Doctor.”

Now things were going a little better. Sandra's mind needed to be calm to concentrate on what he was about to feed her. It was no exaggeration that this was a big decision, for any of them. This was a brand-new treatment that had never been done before, and it required careful thinking around it. “Well, Ms. Sandra, as I said, it's new and just got approved for use. I guess you could call it some sort of Regenerative treatment. Basically, we take the..” Dr. Miller spent the next 15 minutes, explaining everything to Sandra that she needed to know about this new treatment. Only afterwards would they find out if she was still willing to go with it.

“Well, that's about everything.” said Dr. Miller, taking a small cup from the table and walking to the nearby sink to get some water. As he came back, he crossed his arms and sat back down. “Well, Ms. Sandra, it's all up to you. You can either accept this new treatment, with risk of side-effects, or you can keep going with the antibiotics we have you on now. If you choose to do this, I'll be your doctor, from here on. If you choose not to, then Mickey and I will leave the room as if this conversation had never happened. So, what do you say? Do you need some time to think? Or do you have a decision for us?”

Sandra took a deep breath, keeping her hand on her mother's. Having calmed herself down, this was a lot to take in, all at once. On one hand, this treatment would definitely get her healthy in time for the audition, but she could suffer side-effects. Non-lethal ones, but side-effects, nonetheless. On the other hand, she could take antibiotics, miss the audition, and have no chances for side-effects. It was a hard decision. Most people would likely choose the longer method that guaranteed no side-effects, whatsoever, getting ready for the scholarship the following year. Sandra wasn't most people, though.

“Well...” she began, doing some last-minute thinking. She knew that she had next year to do for the audition, which would let her stay with her mother for another full year, but she didn't want to go a year without any form of schooling. She had a reputation in good academics, and she didn't want a year to go by where that knowledge could be wiped from her mind. She frowned and looked at Mary for a moment, not knowing what to say. Her mother simply brushed her hair away from her face and told her that it was her decision, and she'd back up whatever she wanted.

Looking back to the doctor, her grin slowly turned into a smile and she nodded her head. “Alright, doctor. Let's do it.” The room soon filled up with grins, one from each of the four people there. This treatment would happen, and Sandra would be able to do her big audition. Side-effects or not, she'd be able to go to college soon, and to the one she wished...

The Night Before the Procedure by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Mary and Sandra get some rest on the night before the big procedure is to take place...

Dr. Miller had gone the extra mile to ask Sandra is she was truly wanting this decision to go into effect. If she did, then he would take over as her current doctor, and the treatment would be applied to her. There would be no turning back once the first dose of it had been applied to her body, no way to go back to regular antibiotics. He made sure she knew the risks, once again, and made sure she completely understood what could go wrong. This was a huge decision, for anyone to make. To take a newly-accepted treatment when she didn't have to took a lot of determination.

Sandra's mind was made up, though. The fact that any side-effects she would suffer would be non-lethal was enough to make her feel comfortable with taking this treatment. If there was a chance that she would die from it, she wouldn't have been as confident, but that chance wasn't there. No matter what happened, she'd be making it through this. So, if there was a chance of making that audition, she would definitely want to take that route, that path. She explained all of this to Dr. Miller and he soon accepted her answer, beginning to explain the procedure to her, so she knew what all was going to happen.

It wouldn't be a terribly difficult operations. Actually, 'operation' was a bad term to use for this treatment. All in all, they would only be giving her a few injections of the new 'serum' into the area where her injury is. Due to having to stick a needle into her injured spot, though, she couldn't be awake for that. She had to be put under, so the trauma of that pain wouldn't be too much for her to handle. It would be a one-time deal, and she'd have to come back for checkups after the first week or so, to make sure it was working properly and she wasn't suffering any side effects.

It all sounded too good to be true for Sandra and Mary. If what the doctor said about this treatment was true, then it was a miraculous new type of treatment. The ability to regenerate cells and rapidly increase the rate of recovery was a godsend, for them and for the rest of the world. The procedure was pricey, though. That wasn't a problem for Mary, but it would be for other people, who might consider coming in to have this treatment done on them. Gathering the materials and developing the serum was hard, hence the high price. As soon as it had been explained to Sandra, she wanted to know when they could perform the procedure.

“I'll be back tomorrow morning to do the procedure, Sandra” said Dr. Miller as he and Mickey got up, ready to leave. “There will be a lot of paperwork I need to fill out to professionally be your new doctor and we need to prepare the serum and equipment for what we're doing. You understand.” He thought he was being very understanding. Doing this much with her record was no simple task. He'd be up nearly all night with paperwork. As he and Mickey left the room, he closed the door behind him, giving them one last statement. “Good night, Sandra, Mary.”

They hadn't said anything, in response to the doctor's wishing of them having a good night, but they were both happy about everything that was happening. As soon as the door shut, Sandra moved her arms as much as she could without moving her bad leg. They wrapped around her mother's neck and she was smiling as wide as could be. “Thanks a lot, Mom. You found the perfect thing for me. Now, I can do my audition! I can make you proud, and I can go to the school I want. This is amazing!” She was holding onto Mary pretty tight, and Mary just let her, patting her on the back.

Mary was happy for her daughter, as she told her as much during the hug. She thought this was too good to be true and, after having agreed to it, she couldn't help but wonder what would happen if something went wrong. The fact that there were no known lethal side-effects of the treatment was a good thing for her to think about, but she still wondered about what those side-effects would be. What would a side-effect of regenerative cells be? Perhaps the body could think the treatment was a threat and try to eliminate it with antibodies, thus rendering Sandra immune to it's effects? That was possible, as were a lot of other things.

At that moment, though, she was being a mother. She held her opinion in her head, despite having little worries about this in her head. It's not that she didn't want to have this done. She did, very much so. She was just doing her job, as Sandra's mother, by worrying about her. She was glad she had as much time as she needed to be here, at the hospital, with her daughter. She knew, all too well, that this was a huge decision. Sandra had always been close to her, in recent years, and she felt close to her daughter as well. She wanted to be here, to see this through. If something went wrong, Sandra would need her.

The night was getting deeper and deeper. The two of them had decided that Sandra needed a lot of rest that night, to prepare her for the next day. They'd gotten a call from a nurse, saying that Dr. Miller would be there at 8:00 a.m to prepare Sandra for the procedure. Being nearly midnight already, they decided it best for both of them to sleep. Sandra had offered to have Mary head home for the night and come back in the morning, so she didn't have to sleep on a chair. Mary refused, though. Within 10 minutes, the room had two snoring voices. One was Sandra, calmly laying on her bed, and the other was her mother, with a small blanket from Sandra's bed, having been thrown on her after she'd fallen asleep...

Prepping for the Trip to Surgery by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Sandra wakes her mother up just in time to have a visit from Mickey on the day of the treatment...

“Mom! Come on, Mom! Wake up! Don't make me hurt myself to get out of this bed and get you up, myself!” Sandra's voice was traveling through the room. It was a voice that had a rather assertive tone to it, at the moment. Mary's eyes were slowly twitching as she was beginning to wake up. She heard her daughter's voice in her sleep and began to stir, in response to it. It was calling out to her. Her mind was just thinking “Come on. It's not morning, already, is it?” She was holding onto the sheet that was one her, not realizing that it was, indeed, morning. It was later than she had realized. Of course, she had no way of knowing what time it was, being asleep.

“Mmm...I'm up, I'm up.” She slowly opened her eyes up and looked at her daughter. Light poured in from the lights in the ceiling. Her vision was a blur, having just woken up. She yawned and covered her eyes, still trying to wake up. Her mind wasn't completely on everything yet. Her hand was still clenching the sheet, not yet realizing that it was there. Taking her other hand away from her eyes, she looked around again. She finally looked down at the sheet and held it up. “W-What's this doing here? Isn't this yours, Sandra?”

The sheet was, indeed, from Sandra's bed. Sandra reached down and pulled it back up. She smiled to her mother and nodded her head. “I'm glad you're finally awake, Mom! You looked like you were really tired last night. After you fell asleep, I tossed it on you. I figured that you needed it a lot more than I did. You were the one running around, getting me all these new treatments.” She pulled the sheet from Mary and made waves with it. It quickly straightened out and was put back on her lap, straight and mostly free of wrinkles. “It's about time you got up, too. The doctor's going to be here in just a few minutes.”

“W-What?!” exclaimed Mary. She had a big shock; one of those moments where you're half-asleep, but suddenly have an important realization, waking up the rest of the way in a split-second. Her eyes bolted open and she looked around for the clock. She'd knocked her chair over from how fast she'd gotten up from it. After finding it, she realized that it was later than she expected. It was 15 minutes before the treatment had been scheduled to be performed. She looked to her daughter, a look of surprise still on her face. “Why didn't you wake me for this, Sandra? Why didn't the doctor or nurses wake me?”

“Oh, they wanted to...” began Sandra, remembering a little scene from earlier. She took a deep breath, looking towards her mother. “They wanted to get you out of the way, so they could lift my knee up. You looked so peaceful, though, in your sleep. You've been so stressed, lately, I thought I'd let you get as much rest as you needed. Besides, I woke you up before the treatment was to take place, didn't I? That's the important part of today, the part where I'll want you here, with me.” Sandra offered her mother a smile, hoping that she'd be alright with her watching out for her, for once. She had been so assertive when trying to wake her up, but had good, innocent intentions.

Mary just looked at her. What was she doing? She was her mother, and she had been sleeping. She got a knot in her stomach, feeling a little embarrassed that she'd been the overworked one being taken care of. She had been taken care of by her daughter, whom couldn't even walk right now because of her injury. She knew she had been tired, but she didn't think she was that tired. She bent over to pick up her chair, setting it back up. After taking a seat in it again, she looked and smiled. “Thank you, sweetie. I'm glad you woke me up. I want to be here for this treatment.”

The two were smiling towards one another as they heard a clicking from the other side of the room. It grabbed the attention of both of them. As they looked over, the door was slowly opening up, one figure walking through the doorway. It was Mickey, dressed in a normal pair of nurse clothing. Her soft-soled shoes softly tapped across the floor as she walked over to the side of the bed where Mary wasn't. Her hand waved over Sandra's body, softly brushing over her toes as it went across her leg, all the way up to her hip, feeling and squeezing, as if testing something. Sandra's toes twitched from her touch and Sandra just watched her.

As she came up to Sandra, she smiled towards her and placed her other hand on her shoulder. “Good morning, dear.” she said, addressing Sandra as 'dear'. Sandra just gave her an odd look, using a hand to brush back her un-brushed hair. Mickey just kept looking at her, with a conspicuous smile on her face. Sandra's look didn't seem to phase her at all. She continued the conversation inquiring about how Sandra was feeling, clearly trying to calm her down and make sure she wasn't nervous. Sandra just shook her head and told her that she was just fine.

“It's almost time for the big treatment.” she continued, moving her hands down to an area behind the bed, where she began to move something. Both Mary and Sandra heard the tapping of something metallic. They watched Mickey, to see what she was doing. More metallic sounds came before she produced a wheelchair. “If you would, Mrs. Moore, I could use some help getting Sandra into this wheelchair, and take her down to Surgery.” Her voice was calm and gentle, though it got a strange reaction in Sandra.

“Surgery?! I thought you said this was a simple procedure! It wouldn't be on the same level as surgery!” She was obviously a little surprised when she found out that they weren't going to have the procedure here, in the room she was already in. Mickey put her hands on Sandra's shoulder again, beginning to explain the situation to her. It seemed that, although it wasn't a surgical procedure, she had to go to surgery because of having to go under for the procedure. After a few minutes, Mary stood up and began to help Mickey get her daughter into the wheelchair, despite Sandra's confusion about why she had to go all the way down to surgery. She was starting to think this was more serious than she'd been led to believe...

Mary Can't Go with Sandra by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Mary and Sandra travel to surgery, only to find out that Mary can't go in with her...

Mary was closely following Mickey, as she wheeled Sandra down the halls of the hospital. She was still a little worried, after hearing they'd be taking Sandra to the surgery section of the hospital. While she knew that they wouldn't be performing any sort of surgery on her, the fact that they were going there made her feel slightly uneasy. The halls were busy, but she made sure she stayed right there, with them. She was shoving through people, until they got to the elevator to take Sandra down a few floors. As she squeezed in, she heard the dinging of the elevator and saw Sandra looking at her.

The girl had a smile on her face, as she looked up at her worried mother. Sandra could see the feelings in Mary's eyes. She reached her hand up and grabbed onto her hand. Mary looked down, not expecting Sandra to have grabbed onto her, so suddenly. “Don't worry about me so much, Mom. You'll get wrinkles. I'll be just fine. You know that.” The bond Sandra and her mother shared was shown to everyone in the elevator, right then. Although they weren't close, like partners were, they were close like family was. They didn't have anyone else, as far as family was concerned, and Sandra had learned to read Mary's attitudes and expressions.

Thankfully, the elevator ride was quick, not giving any of them too long of a wait to think about this. After one more dinging sound, and the door sliding open, and they were off, yet again. Mary understood what Sandra had said, but that didn't mean she couldn't just stop worrying about her. It was a parent's duty to worry for their children. She tried not to look it so much, though. The three of them walked, together, as they went through a few halls that were much less crowded than the one a few floors up.

After a few minutes, they came to a large waiting room, full of nearly a hundred seats with TVs and magazines laying around, and two double-doors that had a big “SURGERY” sign above them. Mickey stopped in front of those doors and looked back towards Mary. She was very quick to start talking, and she didn't have good news for her. “I'm very sorry, Mrs. Moore, but I cannot permit you to come back with us. Hospital procedure and all. If there's anything you want to say to your daughter before she goes in for this procedure, you need to do it now. You won't be able to see her again until after it's done.”

Mary froze in place. She didn't know what to think or say about what she just heard. She wasn't allowed to come back into the surgery away with daughter, even though she wasn't even having surgery? What kind of procedure was that? How could she just sum up all of her thoughts right then and there, without any time to prepare? She blinked and looked at Mickey. “W-what? Why can't I come back with her, too? She's my daughter! She might need me back there, with her. What if something goes wrong? What if--”

Mickey put her hand on Mary's shoulder, which quickly calmed her down. “Please, Mrs. Moore. I understand your concern for your daughter. I really do, but hospital procedures doesn't allow guests to be back there with the patients. I promise that if anything were to go wrong, I will personally come out here and let you know. For now, though, you're just going to have to follow procedure and stay out here. We're kind of in a hurry, too, so please...whatever you'd like to say to your daughter, you need to do it now.”

Mary didn't know what to say, again. She wanted to go back there, with Sandra. She knew she couldn't, and she knew arguing wasn't going to do any good, but she was stubborn. She wanted to be with her daughter. Sandra grabbed her hand again, turning her wheelchair around. “Mom, I'm going to be just fine, I promise. Stay out here and relieve some of your stress. I mean, come on, you've been a stressful mess since the accident. I know you. Now, just be happy for me with getting this treatment and know that you'll be able to see me when it's all over, okay?”

Mary couldn't contemplate not going back there with her, but she shook her head, eventually coming to terms with the reality of the situation. Hearing it from her daughter made it easier for her. Her eyes were quivering, but she nodded towards her and leaned forward, kissing her daughter's forehead. “Okay, honey. I'll be right out here, if you need me. I...hope everything goes well, and I'll see you soon. Make sure they take good care of you.” Mary was starting to get emotional about all of this, and Mickey quickly turned Sandra back around when she was done.

The doors shut behind both of them as Mary watched them disappear into the surgery halls. She was holding her hands up to her face, starting to get tears in her eyes. She didn't want to have to leave her daughter alone with them. Although it was needed that she not be there during this procedure, it didn't make it any easier for her. She took a few deep breaths and kept watching the small, square-shaped windows on the door. She looked through them, still seeing Mickey wheeling Sandra through the place.

She pushed her hair back as she waved through the window. She didn't know what to do about all this. She did, but she didn't. She was being forced to stay in this waiting area until the procedure was done with. She'd be sitting around, constantly waiting, hoping that it went well. As she kept looking, she sniffled for a moment and whispered to the door, as if Sandra could hear her. “Be safe, Sandra. Mom will be right here when it's all over.” As she stared into the window, a small tear was running down her cheek. This would be a long wait for Mary...

The Procedure by L2K7
Author's Notes:

Sandra has the procedure done on her, which ends up in her falling unconscious...

The situation was turning in two ways. First of all, Mary wasn't able to go with her daughter to her procedure, which hurt the middle-aged woman quite a bit and filled her with worry. Secondly, Sandra had no one to look to as support. Though, Sandra's plight was much less major than Mary's. Sandra was a pretty tough girl, so she could easily handle not having her mother around. They may have had a strong bond, but it didn't mean they required each other around, like lovers do. They were, after all, just family. As the doors had closed behind, Sandra smiled to her mother and then turned her head, as Mickey wheeled her into a room in the surgery wing.

There was a long, flat bed in the room where she was at, surrounded by hospital equipment. Mickey helped Sandra onto it, and laid her on her back. Then, she left the room for awhile. She told her that she had to get the doctor and get the rest of the procedure prepared. It left Sandra in the room, alone, staring at the ceiling. All she could think about was this procedure, and how it was going to help her. Being in the surgery wing made her feel a little nervous, as did not having anyone around to talk to, but she was okay with that. No one can go into an important procedure like this without any doubt or nervous feelings.

After a few minutes, she heard the metallic door open up again. She pushed her head up, seeing the doctor and Mickey walking back into the room. Mickey was now in a full nurse's uniform, including a face-mask. The doctor was also wearing more, including the white jacket and pants and a face mask of his own. They were wheeling in a cart, full of supplies, along with a large tub of some sort. She looked at this tub, seeing the shadow of some sort of liquid, she thought, inside it. As they came up to her, she looked at them. The doctor simply nodded and began to tell her about the procedure.

“Alright, Ms. Moore. If you're ready, we're going to proceed and get this underway. We're going to give you a shot to numb your leg, and then administer the new treatment near your injury. I promise you won't feel a thing. The entire operation shouldn't take more than four or five hours, including recovery. After that, we'll have to take a blood test to make sure it's working and your mother can take you home. Are you ready to begin, or did you have any further questions or concerns about the treatment?”

His explanation was plenty for Sandra. She laid her head back down and shook her head, from side to side. She knew the risks, and she knew that this was completely new. She didn't care, though. She wanted this, her mother wanted it, and it would just be good for her. “No, doctor. I am prepared for this. I know things can go wrong, but let's just do it. Give me the treatment, so I can start healing up. The sooner you get that stuff inside me, the better.” She was rather blunt about her decision, but bluntless was alright. The doctor nodded back to her and moved to begin the procedure.

He started by wiping down the area around her calf, which was relatively close to her injury. Sandra felt a prick as the needle punctured her skin and started to inject her blood veins with the numbing substance. She could feel small ounces of pain in her leg for about a minute, and then everything started going away. The pain slowly dissipated, as if she were falling asleep. She watched every action they took, making sure to keep a close eye on what they were doing. Her eyes went from the doctor, at times, but then back at her own leg. He asked her if she could feel anything in her leg before administering the new treatment, which she calmly answered and confirmed to him.

With her leg numb, she didn't feel a thing. As she watched the doctor put some of the substance from the tub in a needle's vial, she watched it. The substance itself was crimson red in color, and almost looked like it had little specs of something in it. The needle went in, and Sandra didn't even feel it. Not even a tiny feeling of compression. She watched the substance go into her body, almost as if blood was being sent into her body. As she watched it, closer and closer, she started to feel something in her head. Her eyelids twitched for a few moments, before her head fell back.

The doctor walked over to Sandra and put his gloved hand over her head when her head fell back. Her eyes were shut and he nodded to her. “She passed out. No doubt from the initial reaction of having this treatment in her system. Mickey, administer the rest of the treatment. I'm going to go get some ice packs and refreshments for when our patient wakes up. I have a feeling she'll be a little confused and distraught, in need of nourishment.” As the doctor walked out of the room, Mickey walked over and picked up another needle, filled it with the substance, and injected it into Sandra's leg, as she slept.

Meanwhile, Mary had been sitting in the waiting room, all alone, wondering how everything was going. She didn't like just sitting around, not doing anything. She was already worried enough about her daughter, but not being permitted to go back with her was driving her insane. She stared at the floor, tapping her foot up and down as she watched the area. After a few minutes, though, she heard a voice in the distance. “Mrs. M! Hey! It's about time I found you!” Mary looked up to see a familiar face. A young man, Sandra's boyfriend. It looked like she wasn't the only person who managed to get to the hospital for her daughter, after all...

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=2884