- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I don't really want to be making this update but I don't feel I have much choice. What with xmass literally days away I'm finding myself with very little time. Add on to that a case of writers block and I'm afraid this story will be put on hiatus until futher notice. I won't be leaving you completely empty handed though. below you will find another story of mine, it's not finished completly but hopefully will be able to tide anyone over until I can resume writing. Once I do resume the below story will be uploaded as its own stand alone entry. 

Growing Closer: Jack and Jill


Jill had always been small. Even by her first day of highschool she was barely a hair over 4 feet. And she hated it. It wasn’t that she resented being shorty per-say, just being so much shorter than everyone else. Kids three or four years younger than her treated her like one of them and kids her own age? Well, let’s just say “Lil’ Jill” was alway the baby of the group. Even within her own family her size dictated her role. She was 13 when her parents absent mindedly left her younger brother in charge when rushing out the door one day. She hated being small. And she would do anything to change it.

Jack on the other hand never had such issues. Not many highschoolers reach a towering height of 5’8” by their 14th birthday. He had hit puberty young, fast and hard. At first he enjoyed it. Being the tallest in his class had perks. Not the least of which was the admiration of nearly every girl in his grade, and not a few from the grades above. Nearly every girl. Except one. Except the one he wanted. The tiny redhead from the locker down the hall. So, despite all their entreatings, despite the many promises of carnal pleasure, Jack ignored the leggy blondes and the ebony beauties; and he asked Jill to the school dance.  

They made a funny couple. Even in her 4 inch heels Jill barely cleared Jack's lower chest. And Jack found maneuvering around such a slight form difficult, they certainly wouldn't be winning any dance competitions. Jill had convinced herself at the start that this was merely a one time gig. Just so she’d have a date to the dance. 

And yet….  

There was something about this...giant...that she couldn’t quite put her finger on. Something that made her heart flutter when their eyes met, or when his large hand settled on her shoulders. Perhaps that was it. For a boy as tall as Jack, dancing with Jill was awkward to say the least, to put his hand on her waist he’d have to bend at the back or the knees but….he wasn’t. He simply placed his hands on her shoulders and danced. For the first time someone wasn’t treating her like she was small, he was treating her differently to be sure but not because of her size but rather in spite of it. 

And so when it came time to part for the night, and Jack was stumbling over his farewells. Jill did something she had never done before. Tugging on his tie, she caught Jack by surprise and pulled him down to meet her face. The kiss was small, that was the only kind of kis Jill could give, but it connected the two for life. 

They began dating immediately. But our story begins almost years later in Jack and Jills senior year. Jack by this point has finished growing at a towering 6’5”, Jill grew as well, not much (that comes later), to 4’4”.  We pick up with the two at the time of their first real fight one Monday morning.         


Jan 6/20XX


Mondey, the first day of school after Christmas break. Jack is driving to school with Jill in the passenger seat. 

“I don’t know Jill, it sounds kinda sketchy. ‘Prolonged muscle stimulation’ sounds like a side effect from illegal steroids.”

“That’s why it’s still in testing! Look I don’t need your permission okay? I’m a legal adult and my parents have already signed off on it.” Jack frownd.

“Since when do legal adults need their parents to sign off on anything?”

“I don’t know….to rent a car for example? Why are you so against this?”

Jack had to pause. Why was he against it? This new wonder drug promised to stimulate growth in its users. Obviously that was what drew Jill to the trial in the first place. Even after dating Jack she still resented her size, perhaps more so. 

“I dunno babe, I just think that I like you small.” He regretted those words the instant they left his mouth. 

“You like me small? What so I’m your pet now or something? I have to stay small and dainty to please my master? Is that what you’re implying?” Pulling into student parking, Jack rushed to say the right thing.
“Baby you know I didn’t--” 

“Don’t call me Baby you know I hate that. God you’re just….I need some time.” 

Jill slammed the door and stomped off to the school doors. Jack sighed. Well it was a long time coming. Not many couples go nearly 4 years without a major fight. It was his fault of course, for trying to stop her from fixing the one thing she had always hated about herself. But it wasn’t for the reason he gave. There was something else. A feeling. Deep in his gut, when he thought of Jill growing. He couldn’t quite place it. 


Jan 26/20XX


It was nearly 3 weeks before Jill spoke to Jack again. She came knocking on his door one sunday morning. 

“Hiya--I came to apologize.” Jack stared down at the cute freckled face looking up at him. She had put on makeup, which was rare for her. Her tiny pink lips curled in and out as her green eyes twinkled up at him.

“Apologize, that’s supposed to be my job I just couldn't find you-”  

“I know, I know. I was….avoiding you. But I miss you and so long as you agree to support--” Jack embrasse Jill in a bearhug. 

“Of course I’ll support you and I’m sorry I ever tried to do otherwise.” Jill let out a muffled sob and Jack stepped back, afraid he might have been too forceful. 

“Jill are you--?”

“I’m fine, just happy is all.” She rubbed a tear from her eye, smudging her eyeliner.” 

“Aww, Jillybean. You didn’t have to get all dressed up for me, you even got your heels on, did you walk all the way here in those?” 

At the mention of heels, Jill’s smile grew to an ear to ear grin. 

“That’s the thing, I’m not wearing heels!” 

Jack paused. He could’ve sworn that Jill’s head felt higher on his chest, about as high as her regular 4 inch heels put her. But looking down, she was right, She was wearing ordinary flats. 

“So the drug?”

“Yup! It works! I’ve already grown 4 inches. I'm 4’8!”

“Wow Jill that’s...that’s amazing!” The funny feeling was back, stronger now.

“I know! I hope I keep growing. I’d love to be able to kiss you without a stepstool!” 

“Speaking of kissing.” Jack swooped down and lifted Jill into his arms. “I’ve missed you so much!” He locked lips with her for the first time in ages. Jill giggled, 

“I know you have, you must’ve been so lonely with me!” 

“Oh you have no idea.” Jack whispered as he carried his girlfriend up the stairs.    

    

Feb 9/20XX


Jack was beyond ecstatic to have his girlfriend back. It was like a missing piece of his soul had been returned. And of course Jill was happy to now have Jack’s blessing to keep taking the drug. They kept a constant track of her height, measuring every Sunday. Jill was outgrowing clothes fast and had started buying items several sizes in advance. Only two weeks after their reconciliation Jill had reached a, not quite towering, height of 5’2”.

“10 inches Jack! 10 inches! That’s huge!” Jack had to stifle a snort. Hearing someone over a foot shorter than him call herself huge was rather silly. Though he did have to say she was bigger. She felt heavier in his arms and at her new height she nearly reached his shoulders. 

“Yeah, you’re a regular Paul Bunyun!” 

“Oh ha ha,” Jill punched his arm 

“Ow! Man you’ve got a real swing there? Are you working out too?” Jill grinned. 

“No but I am stronger! I was able to hold like 8 logs of wood we made a fire the other day!” Jack was skeptical and it showed on his face. “Oh? You don’t believe me? Come on big man, let's wrestle for it!” Jill placed her arm on a table, inviting Jack to sit opposite her. The strange feeling twisted Jack’s stomach but he tried to ignore it. 

“Come on Jill there’s no way that--”

“Oh what, you're scared you might be weaker than widdle ol’ me?” Jack had no idea where Jill was getting her confidence from but she had managed to poke at his pride just a little too hard.

“Alright then, little missy. I guess I’ll have to show you who's boss.” He took his seat and locked hands with her. Right away he could feel her grip was stronger than he was expecting. 

“On three! One...Three!” Jill caught Jack off guard and immediately started pushing his hand to the table.

“Wha--Hey!” Jack barely managed to stop his hand halfway to the table. “Cheater!” He attempted to even the score but found that he was actually struggling to maintain equilibrium. Some of it was from her advantage from catching him off guard but it was proving far harder than it should be to move her hand back. “Jeez Jill, since when are you so strong?” He looked over at her face, it was contorted in effort. Her eyes were clenched shut, her teeth biting her lower lip. Clearly this wasn’t easy for her either. Slowly her surprising strength began to wane and Jack eased her hand to the middle position and then gently down to the table.   

Both of them were winded, but Jill was obviously wiped out.  

“Jesus Jill,” Jack panted. “You must’ve been working out, since when are you so strong?”

“I--I don’t know.” Jill was struggling to catch her breath. “It just kinda happened.” Jack was skeptical of course but looking over at his girlfriend he noticed that clearly it wasn’t just her height that had been changing. Her whole body seemed...fuller, looking closely it was mostly muscle tone.  She wasn’t buff or anything but she certainly looked like she frequented the gym.

“Well whatever that drug is doing to you, it’s doing a hell of a good job.”

“Aw Thanks babe! I was worried you wouldn’t like it, you know me getting stronger and all. Men tend to be insecure about that kinda thing.”

“Well, you’re still not stronger than me.”

“Yet.”        

“Yet?” Jill glanced up and gave Jack a worried look.

“Yes. I mean, what did you think was gonna happen? This drug is making me taller and stronger and a whole host of other things. Did you think it was gonna stop?”

“Well….yeah logically it has to at some point right? I figured you grow around average height for a girl and then….stop.”

“Jack….how do I put this. This drug is going to change the whole world. I started as a late trial recipient but the trial’s over. It has been for over a week.”

“And you’re still taking it?”

“A version of it, yes. And pretty soon it’s going to make its way to the general public. I may only grow to the average height of a girl but that average height is going to be a lot taller than it is right now.” Jack swallowed, that strange feeling was becoming stronger and stronger.

“How….how much taller.” Jill shrugged.

“Hard to say. Some of the girls in the earlier trials exceeded 9 feet but the doctors seem to think the actual average will be taller than that.”

“Taller than 9 feet? Are you serious?” Jack was completely dumbfounded. 

“Well I did say it was gonna change the world. They tried making a male version but ironically it has the opposite effect.”

“So how tall do you want to be?” 

Jill smiled warmly. 

“Oh Jackie, you know me. I hate being short. And if the average ends up around 9 feet.” She paused holding her hand above her head. “I guess I’ll just have to go to 10. I hope you’re okay with that.”

“I don’t know….I--I think so….it’s just.”

Jill stood and walked to where Jack was sitting. 

“It’s just you’ve always been the tall one?”

“Y--yeah, I guess.”

“Well. You’re still pretty darn tall to me right now big fella. Why don’t you make the most of it.” With that, Jill leaned in for a kiss. “Carry me upstairs you big lunk.” She whispered through their joined lips. 


Feb 23/20XX


“Come on! Come on! How tall am I now!” Jill could hardly stand still long enough for Jack to get an accurate measurement.

“Hold still Jillybean, I can’t read it. Let’s see...you are….5 feet 8 inches tall….Wow.”

“Five eight? For real? That’s like, almost tall!”

“It’s actually pretty tall for a girl babe.”

“Well it was, I hear the average is up nearly 5 inches already!” 

She was right of course. Only 3 days after she told Jack of the world’s impending change, the new drug, Intera-grow had gone public. It was a hit of course. And Jack had been noticing that women seemed taller. None were taller than him yet, though some were close. Before the drug the tallest girl in school had been around 6’1”, now she could nearly look Jack in the eye. Clearly she was behind the curve. 

“I’m still about an inch below average right now, but I had a head start so I should be taking over soon!”

“So I guess that means that men and women are the same height now.” Jack was trying to offer some intelligent insight but was finding it difficult. 

“For now,” Jill scoffed. “I mean I’m already taller than my younger brother, finally.”

“So….do you think you’ve gotten any stronger?” Jack was almost afraid to ask. But the question had been lingering in his mind for two weeks. 

Jill grinned.

“You wanna find out?” She teased, striking a double bicep pose. She was even more toned than the last time the wrestled. And Jack noticed something else. Jill had always been, well to be frank, flat chested. But now, now she was positively busty. Easily a D cup and that wasn’t all, her butt had inflated as well. It looked round a firm enough to bounce a quarter off of. 

“Hey, quite daydreaming you bozo. We gonna wrestle or what?” 

“Oh, uh yeah. Let’s do it.”

The two took their seats and locked hands. Even Jill’s hands were larger, still small next to Jack’s but not the petite digits he remembered. 

“No cheating this time.” 

Jill rolled her eyes.

“I don’t think I need to.” 

The couple started almost simultaneously. And at first it appeared to be a stalemate. Neither contender could budge the other. Jack thought this would just be a repeat last time, that all he needed to do was outlast Jill’s stamina. He raised his eyes from their entwined hands just for a moment to see Jill’s face. She was beaming. There wasn’t a hint of strain anywhere on her face. Then ever so slowly Jack felt the force on his arm increase. His hand slowly began to fall towards the table. It was surreal, it felt like he was fighting a hydraulic ram. Despite all his effort he couldn’t slow it’s progress. And then. It was over. Jill threw up her arms in Victory

“Yes! I did it!” Rolling up her sleeves she gave each bicep a kiss. 

“Damn Jill, how are you so strong? You don’t look buff or anything and I still have a good 9 inches on you.” 

“Dunno,” Jill sauntered over to Jack’s seat, “Something to do with increased muscle density and efficiency. I actually weigh like 190 pounds. So I can do stuff like this.” In one fluid motion, Jill grabbed Jack's arms and pulled him up out of his chair to a standing position. “What do you weigh again babe?”

“195….” Jack trailed off.

“Ooooh, I'm catching up!” Jill stood on her toes to plant a kiss on Jack’s cheak. “Better get ready baby!” 

At this realization. That Jill, lil’ Jill was now stronger than him and nearly weighed as much as him. Something in Jack’s mind clicked. He thought he had first fallen for Jill because she was so small. And he thought her growing would turn him off. But it was never that she was small. It was that her size differed so greatly from his own. And it was now clear to him that it did not matter in what direction that difference was. He looked down and the freckled face beaming up at him. And he couldn’t wait, until it was looking down on him. 


Mar 8/20XX


Jack had been paying careful attention to Jill over the past two weeks. So much so that he practically missed half the female population at school outgrowing him. The average height for women was now around 6’2” and there were several taller than that, with the tallest girl at school now a towering 6’8”.  Daughters were kissing their father’s foreheads before leaving for school, and little sisters were claiming the front seat from their older brothers. But that wasn’t Jack’s concern. His concern was Jill.

Only a few days after their fateful arm wrestling match Jill announced that she had passed 200lbs, officially outweighing Jack. She continued to grow taller as well. The day she passed 6 feet she wore a pair of 5 inch pumps actually allowing her to look down at Jack for the first time ever. Jack would never forget that moment. The way she strode over to him and popped out her hip, licking her lips lick a hunger tigress. 

“Hey short stuff.” She whispered. Before whisking him off to her bedroom. That had been nearly a week ago.  

       Since then she’d only gotten bigger. 

“6 feet 4 inches.” Jack announced, noticing he needed to stand to the side to see the number on the tape. 

“Ooooooh I’m so close!” Jill trilled. “What if I---” She paused, then stood on her tiptoes rising several inches to look down into Jack’s eyes. “Outgrew you right now!” 

“Not so fast Jillybean!” Jack grunted, standing on his own toes. He gripped her wrists and pinned them to the wall as he kissed her, barely having to adjust his head. Jill giggled girlishly. Then, almost faster than Jack could imagine, pushed herself off the wall and flipped Jack around so now she was pinning him. 

“Mmmmm, don’t forget babe. I have over 50lbs on you now, and all of it muscle.” 

She was right. Try as he might Jack couldn’t shake her grip. She began leaning in on him, forcing him to bend backwards. She slid one hand to his waist and placed the other on his cheek. Then she quickly hefted  his lower body, bringing him into a bridal carry as if she was going to carry him across the threshold on their honeymoon. Jack broke from the kiss.

“Jill what are---” 

“Shhhh….” She hushed him. “Come with me.” It wasn’t like he had much choice as Jill carried him upstairs.

Jack awoke the next morning in the glow of their union. Jill was already up and pounced on him the moment he opened his eyes. 

“Hey babe! Measure me!” 

“Wha--Jill it’s been like 8 hours you’re not gonna be any tall---” Jack paused after standing and looked up, way up. “What the he--”

“Got you! I’m in my heels. I’m like, over 6’11” in these!”

How tall are they?”

“6 inches” Jill winked as Jack did some quick math.

“But that would mean---”

That’s why I said to measure me!” Jill was already bounding down the stairs, having discarded her heels. Jack walked more slowly. Eventually coming to an exasperated Jill with a measuring tape. 

He took deliberate time to get a measurement. Both to annoy Jill and to be absolutely sure.    

“6 feet….5...and….a half.” He concluded. 

Jill squealed. A surprising sound coming from a woman her size. And leapt forward, wrapping her arms around Jack's shoulders as she kissed him.

“Guess I’m the tall one now my lil’ Jack-in-the-box!”

“Really? That’s the nickname you’re going with?” 

“Hey, shrimps don’t get to talk back.”

“Never stopped you before.” 

Jill giggled, “So how do you feel?” 

“What do you mean?”

“Well you’ve always been so tall, but now nearly half of all women are taller than you. Hell, I used to barely come up to your ribs and now I’m taller than you. Pretty soon you’re gonna be looking up at middleschool girls.”  

Jack looked down at his feet.

“I guess….I’m okay. No, I'm more than okay. I’m….happy.”

Jill smiled softly. 

“Me too.” She pulled his head to her shoulder and the two stood. Wrapped in each other’s embrace. 


Mar 22/20XX


6 foot 10 was the new average. Jack had finally started noticing how tall the girls around him were. Even the short ones could look him in the eyes. Jill’s prediction had come true. While walking into school Jack noticed that even some of the 8th graders had 2 or 3 inches on him. It was really quite bizarre. Jack couldn’t remember the last time he’d had to look up at anyone let alone a girl. 

Of course Jill was still growing. She’d taken to simply telling Jack how tall she was every morning rather than having him measure her. 6’6”, 7”,8” and 9” all passed before he’d had time to adjust. Now she stood a staggering 7’2”. Jack couldn’t help but notice one morning as they were taking a walk, that his eye level was below her chin.

“Hey Jill….do you ever think you’re gonna stop? Getting taller I mean.”

“Why? I thought you said you liked it?”

“I do, I mean I think I do….it’s just….you’re so tall, your way taller than me and I’m like, really tall.”

Jill looked down, a perplexed look on her face.

“No you’re not.”

“Jill, you know what I mean. Yeah you’re over 7 feet but 6’5” is still pretty tall.”

Jill stopped and turned to face Jack. She straightened her back to emphasize her height. Jack did the same, to less impressive results. Jill began to step towards Jack, each step forced her to angle her head slightly more down, and Jack to look slightly more up. Finally, they were face to face, or rather face to collar bone. Standing like this Jill could see clearly over the top of Jack’s head.

“Still think 6’5” is ‘pretty tall’? I’m sorry Jack but you’re not tall anymore. Maybe for a guy, but to women you’re….short. I thought we already had this conversation?”

“We….did. I guess I didn’t believe you back then.    

Jill took him by the shoulders and spun him around, facing the park they had been walking through. 

“Look around you Jack, do you see any girl here shorter than you? I think the shortest one here is about 6’6”. And in another week, there likely won’t be any women over the age of 13 who’s under 7 feet tall.”


Jill was right, again. A week later the new average height for women was 7 and a half feet. Women were growing so fast that society couldn’t keep up. Riots by men who were furious that the drug had been created locked down several major cities. Jack and Jill avoided all that, instead staying in Jill’s home where she could protect him. She herself had reached 8 feet tall by this point. Jack felt like a child in her arms, his head barely clearing her shoulders.      



Chapter End Notes:

Consider this the end of the chapter for that story. I hope you all can forgive my dropping this for the time being.