- Text Size +

Pride: Divine Exam

By VivettaVenray

 

(WARNING: Contains cruelty, vore, digestion, omni/power stuff and some gore among other things.)

 

(NOTE: This story is part of the "Seven Sinful Size Stories" loose anthology series. This story has a little to do with "Pride", and is the seventh and final entry in the series! For now, at least. Who knows what wacky new sins humanity will discover next?!

 

Anyways feel free to let me know your thoughts on this story and/or the whole series if you want!)

 

--------------

 

Chapter 1: Omnimento

 

Omnimento University. Good old OU, or omni-versity as a few called it. However most students just called it Omnimento or even just “University” since there’d be no confusion. After all, it was the only place in the Infinity Nexus for divine beings to get a college education.

 

Divine beings came in all sorts of shapes and sizes: in fact, many could even alter their forms at will. They also came in all sorts of power levels. Some could embody or control stars, changing the skies for billions of lifeforms in a system. To others, stars were but snacks. Some even found entire universes trifles: the kind of thing that’d get caught in their skin or light-forms as they floated through astral ether.

 

Within Omnimento’s home dimension, all were treated equal as much as possible. Lesser beings were elevated to a state where they could manifest at an appropriate scale. The more higher beings restrained their near-infinite forms of flesh, energy, light or so forth to walk the halls. Thus, eldritch beings studied side by side with mere planet-personifications.

 

Needless to say, as a condition of accepting an invitation to study, students entered a binding contract of sorts: a code of conduct. They couldn’t harm or devour one another or staff, even outside the University’s Dimension, so long as they were enrolled. After graduating they’d also agree to not try and absorb the university or anything now that they were ‘done with it’. The faculty, too, were bound by the terms.

 

Though powers could be restrained at the institute, egos were another matter. Lots of divines bumped heads with one another. Cliques and gossip abounded. A few beings were above those squabbles. For some, it’s because there were enlightened in some sense: realizing the pointlessness of personal attachments to status. For others, their very presence at the university inspired awe and jealousy. Etris fell into the latter category.

 

Already the new freshman was making waves. Her academic record was flawless so far. Given the nature of the students here, there were many 4.0s of course. Still, she finished her work the fastest, the tidiest, and the most elegant among her peers. She won those meta-academic games not recognized officially but score kept nonetheless.

 

Her pace towards graduation was limited only by how booked she could make her schedule and still have time to travel to class. Sadly, Omnimento forbade instantaneous travel and multiple simultaneous bodies on school grounds as part of its code of conduct. Those rules--and prereqs of course--were the only thing keeping her from graduating in a single semester.

 

It also helped that she was one of the most powerful beings to ever attend Omnimento. Her true form, if permitted to be unleashed, could wrap around this dimension many times over with its luminous embrace. She mastered in seconds topics that took lesser divines their entire undergraduate careers to grasp even the surface of. She was presently the most capable student to be attending Omnimento: her powers even surpassed most of the professors here. As icing on the cake, the prodigy was only 20 divine eons in age. Divines millions of times her age went or worked here, and they’d never even approach her level.

 

She was sublime, and the look on her face show she knew it.

 

Her smile radiated conceit like her body radiated light from its golden surface. That was the form she condensed to here: a slender, womanly shape of yellow light, devoid of all non-facial features like nails, nipples and so forth. Humans and humanoids were, of course, the fashion of the time. If a being could shape-shift, that’s the figure they’d tend towards. Etris and her two friends were off towards their final at Godhood 101.

 

Galigiu spoke up from Etris’s right. Her long wispy hair shined with stars in violet and blue. Her form housed quadrillions of life forms. You normally couldn’t bring pets inside the academic buildings, but exceptions were made for embodying entities like her. Her hair’s hue was lighter than her skin, though the shades were the same. Unlike Etris she actually wore some clothes: a skirt and blouse to mimic human garbs as her form mimicked their flesh enough for coverings to be appropriate. The petite woman’s flats clacked against the impossibly sterile tiles at their feet.

 

“Are you ready for the test Etris? I heard it’s gonna be tough.” said Galigiu. Her tone was like the hum of stars.

 

“It’ll be just as easy as all the other exams I’m sure.” spoke Etris in a dainty gold timbre. Her own naked steps made no sound.

 

“You thought Professor V.V.’s psionics final wasn’t hard?”

 

Etris set her shining hand on Galigiu’s shoulder.

 

“Oh sweet simple Galigiu, it was easy! This whole semester’s been a breeze. It was definitely a long exam though, and I do wish she’d have proofread it more.”

 

“You shouldn’t say or think that, she could be listening... with her mind!” said Galigiu.

 

“You know ESP is forbidden at the university Galigiu. Else, everyone who could would just try and read my mind to ace the tests.” Etris laughed at her own joke. Those were the ones she found funniest.

 

“What about you Chushuab, did you find it hard?” continued Etris, turning towards the cephalopodic blob of green tentacled flesh slithering along at her left.

 

“Bluvxl Vlorgk La Flurg.”

 

Etris chuckled. “You always say that Chushuab!”

 

The trio turned the corner into the next hallway and the universe-embodiments in their way cleared a path and averted their gaze. None wanted to get on Etris’s bad side. Protections from students mattered only while enrolled. Omnimento had to have some kind of expiration date, else no being would ever attend. Instead, the administration relied on its mandatory ethics classes to persuade the more powerful students from resolving grudges post-graduation. And for sure, no one else at the University wanted to risk a grudge with that woman of light, nice as she was. In the vast infinities they knew they’d be to her as germs to a mortal’s toes.

 

The three gals made their way into the lecture hall and took their seats. Just five minutes before the exam was to start a thick, clear bubble of green mist hovered into the room. She was like a snow globe of fog, minus the base and floating at will. The minty smoke glowed as she spoke in a gentle, mature tone. “Sorry for the delay everyone. We’ll began soon, but I wanted to say a few words first.”

 

The floating globe hovered to the lectern. “I just wanted to reiterate how excited I am to teach this class every year. I know this class is popular with freshmen, and it’s exciting to see divines of all tiers come together here at Omnimento. I’m far from the most powerful divines in this room, for instance, so I hope I provide even a small measure of proof that any godly entity can accomplish their dreams.”

 

Etris rolled her eyes which, being pinpricks of light, thankfully didn’t show too well. Professor Utixx sure liked to ramble. She wasn’t too interested in godhood. To Etris, this “Godhood 101” class was gonna satisfy her “R” gen-ed credit. R for recreational, of course. Ruling lesser civilizations was a popular past-time for divines of course. Some divines, like Galigiu, naturally ruled in the sense that they were made of actual space stuff. Some powerful divines even made civilizations themselves rather than claim an organic world or universe.

 

The professor continued her speech.

 

“I know not everyone might be interested in pursuing study in deifics after this class, but know that theologies based on you can naturally sprout up while you go about your business outside this academic dimension. It’s important to know how to handle mortal civilizations properly. Many of my more cosmologically-gifted students might have sapient races looking up to them without their knowledge! I think all divines should know how to handle that responsibility.” She chuckled, her sphere alight with green mirth.

 

Etris chuckled to herself. Before enrolling, she was very aware of all the universes her light had absorbed in its near-infinite expanses. She couldn’t imagine actually wanting to play with such minuscule beings, let alone care for them. Still, she was confident this would be an easy A.

 

“Anyways, before I pass out the papers...” continued the professor. A green aura hovered around each stapled booklet she brought along, and they floated above every student’s desk.

 

“There will be a surprise practical portion of this test!”

 

All the students gasped in unison. Even Etris was surprised, though she had the sense not to show it. Whispers picked up before Utixx cut them off.

 

“Now now, don’t worry this part of the exam will be easy as long as you’ve been paying attention in class and built a good intuition of how to act as gods. Lastly, the test will be conducted on your very own Earth out in the wild!”

 

The divines looked happy at that. A few audibly cheered and some of the more amorphous beings glorped with joy.

 

“I know, it’s a popular planet. Anyways, we’ll do the practicals in order of who finishes the written portion first. Don’t rush though. Without further ado let’s start!”

 

Etris’s luminous mind fixated on one word in the professor’s instructions there: ‘first’. If any student would be first in something, it’d be her.

 

No sooner than the papers fell to the desks did Etris zip through the entire exam. As usual, she made a show of it. Her hands of golden light flipped the pages faster than some lesser divines could fathom. Soon as her shining gaze fell on a page she assimilated each and every question there. Her pen slashed to fill in all the right answers. With her eidetic memory and unfathomable intellect not a single prompt had her stumped. She finished, took up her paper and began to stand up to turn it into the professor.

 

“Oh, when finished please just raise your hand I can levitate the page over here without making a disturbance-” said Utixx, but Etris already moved the sheet over with her own golden aura surrounding it. It was one she knew the professor couldn’t have stopped.

 

“Ah, sorry!” she said quietly, as an exam was still going on.

 

Etris was definitely smart, but there still a few other exceptional students. They finished a few seconds later: still orders of magnitude slower. In general, the more powerful students finished faster. The universe-embodiments followed shortly after, than galactic ones like Galigiu. Finally the planet-embodiments, who’s meager powers were the baseline for even getting an invite to Omnimento.

 

Eldritch beings, however, were a toss-up. Chushuab flapped her tentacles to signal she was done, and Utixx hovered the final sheet her way.

 

“Alright, all the written portions are completed. We’ll do the practical exams now, so everyone line up.”

 

They did so, in order of completion. Etris smiled wide at the front. Professor Utixx called up her name and she approached the lectern. Her hands crossed at her front and she basked in the subtle expressions of jealousy painted on the faces of her peers.

 

“Everyone please remain in the lecture hall till the exam’s done. I will go with each of you in turn to a naturally formed universe near its Earth. I’ve gotten special permission from the dean herself for this trip off school grounds, and she even helped me find the universes in question. To make sure everyone finishes this part of the exam in time for their next final, time within the universes will be de-synched with this dimension. This way, everyone will only be waiting a second for their turn.”

 

“Alright.” continued the professor. “Let’s go!”

 

The two disappeared in a flash of light.