- Text Size +

 

The long black and tousled hair dispersed throughout the bed sunken in the dark of the thick curtains in the morning tickles me and brings back memories...

Seeing the hour at the screen of my cell phone I got out of bed without anything like the will to stand up one more day; I could say that every day since then I have gotten out of bed with the left foot.

My name is Miyashiro Yukiko, I am 17 years old and I’m a girl with a calm attitude and dull demeanor, I have long, loose black hair that reaches a little below my waist, in the past I dyed it pink and wore ponytails because my boyfriend liked it but as I stopped painting it the dye fell and returned to its original color. My irises are lavender in color and I wear contact lenses although I wore glasses in the past, my skin has become paler than it was last year, perhaps because now I spend most of the time locked in my room when I am not at school; my chest is approximately C cup and I’m 1.76 meters tall, I’ve recently lost some weight because I don’t tend to eat too much. I am currently in my third year at Hanichi high school.

Having finished preparing for school, I put on my thigh highs and walked into the living room where my mother was, caring as always.

“Good morning Yukiko~”

“Good morning mom.”

Taking the bento she made for me, I put it in my bag and without delay, headed for the exit.

“Yuki, won’t you greet your father?”

Stopping in my tracks, I turned to look at a small shape on the table that resembled some kind of vermin.

“Good Morning.”

“G-good morning Yukiko...”

With nothing else here to stop me I retraced my steps and put on my shoes before leaving through the main door of the apartment where I live, fortunately it is not too far from the high school where I study so the journey walking is short without the need of a bicycle.

Leaving the building complex I headed straight where I was supposed to go, one more day.

Taking out a small notebook on the way I could see other students with my peripheral vision walking side by side, boys and girls my age were happily talking about their daily life, about things like for example... what they ate, the latest highest grossing movie, trends, the most handsome streamer or the most beautiful model that appeared on TV recently. None of them approached me, instead, they all conspicuously avoided me, leaving a remarkable enough radius of empty space around me.

Checking out some familiar names listed in my little handy notebook, I jotted down a few new ones and looked wistfully at some others already crossed out.

Alice.

Sekira.

Tsumi.

Indeed, I have nothing pending with them… luckily for them.

***

When I arrived at the building with a cloudy aura around it and a putrid smell along with a thick dark mist inside, I took my indoor slippers from the lockers at the entrance and left the outdoor shoes in its place. Closing my locker I put on my slippers and tapped the floor with the tip to accommodate it on my feet and headed straight to my class.

Inside of the edification the attitude of the other students towards me didn’t improve but it got even worse.

Hearing whispers about me, there were guys my age walking out of my way like I was some kind of youkai or yakuza, mocking laughter from a few other people and a general weird atmosphere around me.

It is like this every day.

But it’s not like they harass me, in fact, I don’t find nasty shit next to my shoes at the lockers, there are no marks or strange things on my seat, the situation around me is a completely different one. They fear me.

A girl who was happily talking to her friends was at the entrance to my classroom, when I stopped, the motion of the movement beat my long black hair a little, allowing the girls to notice me… it’s not like I did it on purpose.

“M-M-MIYASHIRO-SAN!”

The group of girls blocking the front entrance of the classroom paled, each one with her eyes widely opened moved to make room before I could even ask for permission.

“It’s not good to block the entrance when the class is about to start…” Staring at them, I spoke calmly.

My voice was like a trigger that prompted one of them to shake slightly...

“W-we will not do it again! S-sorry!”

The trio of girls, terrified, moved toward their seats.

Taking my own seat, I set my bag aside and leaned my back against the back of the chair, letting out a small sigh.

“Good morning Yukiko-chan~!”

“Good morning, Inohara-san.”

The girl next to me with short white hair greeted me warmly as every day. Inohara Madoka; the only person I speak to recurrently at this school.

“I’ve told you over and over again not to be so formal with me! You can call me Madoka-chan! Or at least Inohara-chan!”

“I’m sorry Inohara-san... but this is my way of addressing people, I have no problem with you referring to me in such a confident way but don’t force me to be affectionate too.”

“Whatever…~” With a sigh, the girl who had so much energy by this time of the morning, changed the subject. “Have you already read the last chapter of the manga that I mentioned to you!?”

“For the who-know-which time, Inohara-san” I listened to her as I took out my books but when she mentioned that topic I stopped to address her. “I told you that I’m not interested in anything related to micros, can’t you understand that?”

“H-hell! I forgot... hehehe...”

Letting out a heavy sigh, I kept pulling a few things out of my bag.

“You should get examined, maybe you have amnesia or something... if you discover it early maybe there is something you can still do so go soon.”

“Hah!? I didn’t know you could perform a joke!” Making an unnecessary amount of noise, Inohara exclaimed so that at least half the classroom would know what we were talking about.

“I’m not kidding, Inohara-san… you probably have amnesia since I’ve told you the same thing exactly twenty three times and I want to believe that you seriously forget it and not that you do it to annoy me.”

“A-ah... ehm... the teacher arrived!”

Holding on to any triviality to escape her responsibility, Inohara sat up correctly in her seat when she noticed our teacher from this hour enter the classroom.

A centimeter-tall teacher with hands full of small books came through the door and everyone took their seats.

Our class delegate got up and helped the teacher to climb up on his desk, closing the door behind her. Every student got up and saluted.

The classroom went into the silence that any other full-size teacher would impose and was like that until it was over. In the same way it happened with our second teacher and the third, every one of them being micros.

***

When our lunch break came, I pulled the pretty bento box prepared by my mother out of my bag and opened it to glimpse tamagoyaki while my talkative companion kept talking and sniffing my food.

“You know… class 3C is the favorite one of micro-teachers… they move their schedules to teach here… do you know why?”

It is obvious that I know because I am the cause of this peculiar phenomenon.

With my mouth full, I nodded calmly as I tasted the soft flavors of the egg dancing in my mouth and then sliding down my throat. It was not too salty or tasteless, just the exact amount of salt, exactly how I like eggs to taste…

“You’re such a good person… they surely have you on a gold pedestal at the teacher’s room! I imagine all of those tinies wanting to jump on your breasts, to be carried by you... WHY I CAN’T BE LIKE YOU!?”

After swallowing, I responded to her annoying screams that attracted the attention of the few people who, like me, stayed to eat and chat here.

“I’m not interested in any of that, really.”

“I know... I know~ I just would love to have a harem of cute micro-boys drooling at my feet... but I have to be the one bringing them with me...”

“Perhaps because of that same sick behavior of yours they are moving away.”

“Eeeeh?”

“You know…” Starting to feel strangely irritated, I closed my eyes and raised my voice a little. “They are thinking and intellectual beings like we ar-

“Mm?”

Huh?

What did I just said?

“No, it’s nothing, do what you like... I’m not interested.”

“You say that but if I damage a micro… you’ll stamp my face against the pavement huh? Sure, it’s not like I want to harm any of those cuties in the first place! Perhaps I tame them with my aromas, perhaps the smell of...”

Losing myself in my thoughts I stopped listening to all the nonsense Inohara spat out. I just popped another small portion of tamagoyaki into my mouth with my chopsticks and thought about what I said just now.

“They are thinking and intellectual beings like we are.”

***

When I finished eating, my throat actually felt dry. Getting up from my seat I asked Inohara if she would like something to drink to which she responded with a stupid expression of disbelief and before I left, she yelled at me that she wanted some fruit juice that I could find.

Walking through the corridors I could see a small but noticeable stain on the floor, a blood and burst organs stain, nothing too out of the ordinary in the daily life at our beautiful Hanichi high school.

When I turned a corner, I found a girl about the same height as me, holding something tiny in her clenched fist.

“Going to be my next interstellar throwing! How deformed will your body get when you smash against the wall with my thro…?!”

I stopped suddenly when I saw what she was about to do, her face lost the mocking and macabre smile that it had previously and now there was bewilderment on her face.

“Are you... Miyashiro Yuki...ko?!” When she spoke that last syllable, the small body in her fist exploded into a mixture of blood and organs scrambled by the tremendous pressure of her grip.

This is not good... I’m going to lose control...

Crimson.

My eyes are stained with that color since that day...

Somebody help this girl before...

***

A year before. Hanichi high school, Yukiko Miyashiro’s second year.

Talking with some friends after the classes ended, I received a message from Masashi telling me that he would go to look for Seiichi which I thanked him, responding appropriately I decided to stay a while more exchanging interesting topics of conversation. Among the girls in my group was Nakahara Kana, Masashi’s older sister with just a couple of months of difference, a micro just like him. We both get along pretty well so it’s natural that being in the same class we have a lot to talk about. Fortunately this worry in my chest that had been haunting me all morning dispersed and I was able to chill along with the group.

About an hour passed in which I did not realize that I practically left my two boys waiting for me.

“A-ah... I have to go! Masashi and Seiichi must be waiting for me, see you tomorrow!”

“Will you kidnap your boyfriend again?”

“What do you two do when you’re are alone? You did ‘it’ already?”

“How you did it?!”

“Girls! I have to go! Although… I’ll answer your questions tomorrow… heh heh… see you Kana-chan!” Leaving the girls with an impish smile on my face, I took my bag and left the room listening to laughter and suggestive whistling behind me.

When I got to the classroom that Seiichi belongs to, I checked by looking at the ‘2A’ at the entrance; entering, I saw a few remaining students talking about various matters, some were apparently deciding which club to join. A black haired girl that I recognized as Takanashi Utaha, a friend of Seiichi, approached upon seeing me enter.

“Oh, Miyashiro-senpai!”

“Hi Takanashi-chan, have you seen Seiichi and Masashi around here?”

“Miyashiro-kun and Nakahara-senpai? They were here a while ago but about twenty minutes ago they said they would go to your classroom to look for you… didn’t you find them while coming here?”

A sudden twinge pierced my stomach causing both literal and metaphorical beads of sweat to start running down my face.

“Ah… no, since I was distracted I must have overlooked them, maybe they even yelled at me on the way… hehe, I’ll take a better look this time. Thank you Takanashi-chan!”

“No need to thank me~”

With a stiff smile I turned around and started my way throughout the shortest route from Seiichi’s classroom to mine, this time paying close attention to the floor. No matter how many times I traveled that same route, neither of my searches succeeded in finding either of the two boys.

Beginning to worry a little I decided to take out my cell phone while I leaned against the wall of the hall, tapping on the option “Call” of Masashi’s contact number, the call screen was displayed...

… Just to trigger the answering machine saying “That number is out of service.” My hands started to feel sweaty. I memorized Seiichi’s phone number and called him to get the same result as with my boyfriend.

“That number is out of service.”

Horrible ideas and infinite possibilities began to run rampant through my head as I simply stared at my cell phone screen with a blank stare. I felt the force leave my legs for a moment and I was about to fall, holding onto the wall so as not to land on the floor face-first.

Masashi had no choice, his precarious financial situation forced him to enter Hanichi. Seiichi on the other hand did it out of sheer stupidity, we have never had money problems since my mother has a good job she even bought Masashi a cell phone so that we could communicate at all times.

Feeling a throbbing headache, I looked up and put the phone with its now off screen inside of my skirt pocket as I walked at a brisk pace, careful where I stepped and watching everything exhaustively.

But no matter how hard I searched, I was unable to find them. The corridors, the halls, at the entrance...

My whole body was sweaty, the sun was beginning to set, I must have spent hours searching exhaustively in all places, I didn’t left a single door unopened, a room without checking...

Where have I not looked yet?

Did they go home by themselves? No… that’s impossible, they would never do something as crazy as that.

Are they playing a joke on me? Yes, that must be it... probably Seiichi talked to one of his normal-sized friends with the purpose of helping them hide... I’ll be very angry after finding them, I will scold them like nobody has ever done before in their tiny lives!

Trying to be optimistic... I couldn’t go five seconds without having a negative worst-case-scenario thought...

Both are…

A violent nausea took me out of my thoughts making me run to the girl’s bathroom when practically there was no one else at school; some teacher asked me what was I doing so late at school if I was not in a club, to which I replied that I was looking for my younger brother. I asked if they knew Seiichi and Masashi’s whereabouts but no one had the faintest idea.

After getting to the bathroom I had to lie against the door of one of the cubicles, with one of my sweaty hands in my stomach and another covering my mouth, I leaned my head against the door of the cubicle. My legs were barely responding to keep me on my feet with fragility and the throbbing headache was practically unbearable… only being able to endure it because of the adrenaline I’m being subjected to.

When I felt that my stomach was about to return my breakfast completely, I decided to open the door I was leaning on to enter and let it all out.

But I never imagined that opening that door could give me that heinous spectacle.

A living nightmare.

Hell on earth.

My ears buzzed for an instant, only to stop listening completely a moment later.

I stopped feeling my legs… my body was now floating on two trembling pillars of flesh that I could hardly tell belonged to me.

My eyesight went into a distant tunnel.

The stabbing headache plaguing me was completely gone.

My ragged breaths stopped, leaving me completely silent.

Motionless with my mouth and eyes open wide, I saw that gloomy panorama on the wall now in front of me.

My happy days of laughter, happiness and joy were painted the red color of blood from that moment on.

The happiness that characterized me all my life was fragmented into a number of pieces impossible to repair.

That horrible moment when my whole world was thrown into despair...

I found them.

A mute scream echoed in my head due to horror. My mouth was open but my vocal cords did not respond to me at that moment, I could only hear my soul screaming in fear, full of terror...

Slowly my eyes regained their ability to see with a strange sensation in them… as if they were injected with blood.

My head hurt again, hurt like it never had before.

My clenched fists began to ache, my manicured nails in a deplorable state... they were now broken, red moisture began to flow through my hand and drip to the floor.

Slowly the sound returned to my ears to hear a distant scream that gradually got closer and increased in volume.

Is that my scream...? The pain in my throat verified it, perhaps my vocal cords cannot support an intensity like that.

My heart aches, a lot.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

I’ll kill you, whoever and wherever you are.

 

Chapter End Notes:

You can contact me via discord, my tag is Exosaur#7911; you can also follow me on twitter like @ExosaurX where I’ll publish stories updates. If you like my work don’t forget to leave a review!

LabbaArt twitter: https://twitter.com/LabbaArt?s=09