- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A collection of a few ideas I had for this premise.

 

(Newlyweds)


“I do.”


Those were the words that bound them together. Despite the trials and tribulations, he and Chloe had finally been able to tie the knot and have the ceremony they desired. With a kiss sealing the deal, they were officially married that summer day. Though they already had been living together for some time, from that point on, they were husband and wife.


But the special matrimony between the two lovers who could hardly afford a single room apartment with their self-employed jobs was not going to be a simple one. Money was going to be the biggest problem for them with the wedding and the honeymoon making a heavy dent in their savings. Even so, the two of them felt the memories had been well worth the cost.


One of the reasons why they were unconcerned may have been due to the ‘special’ part about their special matrimony. Well, he was unconcerned at least. Chloe, on the other hand, was still a tad worried.


“So the government really thinks doing this will be saving space and resources? It sounds like someone wasn’t thinking things through when they passed the law.”


“Hey, if the benefits and services are good, I’m not complaining.”


“I feel like you of all people should be, Zack.”


“Hey, if all we have to do is live like this until we get things up and running, I can manage that. How long is that going to take? Maybe only a year or two at most? No problem. Now things’ll be easier to afford, so we can kick start our married life. It’s no big deal.”


“You sure? Seems like everything’d be big to you like this.”


“Eh, semantics.”


A Miniature Marriage was what he and Chloe had opted for when they filled out the marriage certificate. Ever since the advent of the technology becoming cheap and accessible, literally shrinking down was possible for anyone. In order to help those struggling with money, either the husband or the wife could be made smaller. The married couple would then be given many benefits and insurance premiums they would normally have to pay top dollar for. It reduced their cost of living on top of making sure one of them had fewer necessities. He wasn’t even the smallest size. Being reasonable, the two had decided the quarter-sized scale would give them what they needed without limiting him too much.


Though Chloe was still hesitant, he was more than willing to save a huge sum of money at the cost of Miniaturizing himself for a while.  After all the fun of their honeymoon, the two of them were now settled and moved into their new, bigger city apartment. It was a spacious apartment, and that wasn’t just because of his new size. It did contribute however, seeing as after he was driven back from city hall, he was now a quarter of his height, standing as a foot and a half tall Mini who was knee high to his 5’7” newlywed wife.


“So, Zack, you sure you’re going to be able to do anything like this?” Chloe asked him while sitting on their queen sized bed.


“I don’t need to leave the house to work unlike you, so this isn’t really a problem in my book,” he answered and pulled himself up onto the bed that was now able to fit more than 10 of him.


“Grk. Hearing that just makes me jealous. If only I didn’t love my job, then I’d be staying at home.”


“You should’ve told me months ago instead of always saying you were having second thoughts. You don’t still have them, do you?”


“A little,” Chloe stifled a soft laugh. “Well, since my big man decided to get smaller for my sake, I won’t argue. I mean, it’s a done deal now so what’s the use of complaining. Besides, we couldn’t afford this place without you doing this. We do still have to buy a few things for you to live at this size though. As cute as you looked climbing the bed, it’d be terrible if you can’t do anything in your own home.”


Zack fell back onto the mattress when his wife poked him in the forehead with a finger half the size of it.  “Thankfully, a discount’s part of the package.”


“Then let’s go shopping when I get back,” Chloe stood up from the bed. The loss of her weight pushing down on the mattress caused it to spring back up. Zack was pushed upwards and had to take a second to figure out what had happened as his wife stripped off her blue tank top to get changed. The cotton shirt landed right on top of him, covering him like a blanket would. He struggled for a moment to pull it off him to see Chloe’s back as she sashayed away topless to the bathroom.


Watching the woman he had recently married change was a comfortable and alluring sight for Zack, but the added change of her now being four times bigger than before made the sight a fresh, novel experience to him. He had already gotten used to living together with Chloe in their old apartment before they got married, but with his new height, what was once routine was new again.


Getting used to being 1’6” was going to take a bit of time, but now that he and Chloe were living in a new house celebrating their recent marriage, he felt invincible.


This is the story of a Mini-married couple and their life together.