- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Just a light and fun little unaware thing that popped into my head. Hope you enjoy!

The Red Eagles were an adventuring party of middling renown, their deeds generally isolated to the kingdom of Arcadia. Ending orc warlords, slaying Wyverns, plundering tombs of undead, really it was pretty standard by the standards of the world. They had just returned from a rather fruitful victory over the Dark Mage Azgrandar, servant of the Demon Queen Mylera. His dark tower had been filled with a wealth of loot and artifacts. 

 

The latter of which was the job of the resident party mage to identify. And drew a groan from the green haired girl as she flopped back onto her bed in the inn, the young woman kicking her feet in frustration. “Ugggghhhh, I can’t tell what any of this stupid stuff does! Why can’t we just pay someone to figure it out?” She whined to no one at all. 

 

Katrina had been given the task of essentially figuring out what kind of magical items they had gained from their battle. The newest addition of the party, she had filled in the slot even though she was very much… less experienced compared to her fellows. Fresh out of magic school really. She wasn’t exactly the brightest for a mage really sure, not super super book smart but she was noted for having extremely deep wells of magical energy in her. Not that it did her a whole lot of good without the knowledge. 

 

She lifted up the wand in her hand again. It was a rather impressive looking black wand with a crystal tip. She scrunched up her pretty face and squinted as though that would help her figure out what the aura of magical energy around it did. It absolutely did not and so she tossed it aside haphazardly and let out another whine as she turned over and pressed her face into her pillow. 

 

The rest of the party were downstairs on the base floor enjoying drinks with the rest of the village. She wanted to go down but she had to figure out at least one of these things! Everyone would look at her like she was some kind of dummy if she didn’t figure something out. She sighed and reached over the side of her bed and picked up a scroll. She opened it up and looked it over with a frown. 

 

The young woman was very pretty. A somewhat short human with rather lovely forest green hair and green eyes that shone with an almost innocent light to them. She had a tiny black mole on the right corner of her chin, a tiny flaw that only added to the cute face. Her form was rather well filled out and her green robes did a perfect job of showing off what she had. She didn’t really get why their party rogue had insisted she buy this robe but she liked the little floral designs embroidered into the surface at least. 

 

Her eyes traced over the scroll and she started moving her lips as she actually found she understood this one. Well she knew what the words were, she didn’t actually understand what they meant when they were put together. “Alta Istar Vixa, Toth Thaton… Mizar?” 

 

Almost as soon as she spoke the words the scroll glowed and then… nothing. It glowed and then the words fizzled out and then the scroll vanished from her slender fingers. “Hey! Wait wait wait, stop don’t fizzle!” She tried to put the dissolving fragments back together but it was no use. She had used the scroll by accident. 

 

She let out a noise of frustration as she sat up in the bed and looked down at herself and then around the room. Nothing had happened. Not a single change in her body and not a change in the room. There were no fireballs, no enchantments that had been cast, it seemed like the scroll had been absolutely useless. She puffed out her cheeks in a display of frustration and set her chin upon her palm and she slowly blew out through her lips. What kinda dumb mage made scrolls that just dissolved into nothing? Gods this Dark Mage guy kept a lot of useless junk around.

 

Still, she had figured out what the scroll did, absolutely nothing. So that seemed good enough progress to her to go down and get a few drinks! She hopped off the bed and stretched up on the tips of her bare toes. She rolled her shoulders and reached over to grab her staff resting against the nearby wall. She slipped on her sandals as she went over to the door and walked out of the inn room and into the inn proper. 

 

“Beer and ale for the soul is just what the cleric ordered!” She hummed happily. 

 

It was as she exited that perhaps one of a more observant and magically attuned and knowledgeable ability would have noticed that a strange air had come over the inn. The aftermath of a wide area spell being cast. A wide area spell that had rather instantly taken affect across the whole of the tavern. The aftershock of it lingered in the air for a bit. Another mage might also have noted the type of spell that was cast based on this energy. One of the unfortunate victims of the scroll most certainly did notice. 

 

The rather old and wizened mage had been staying at the inn on his way back to the capital and walking out from his room when suddenly a pulse of energy had immediately went out and struck him. He had blinked and one moment he went from walking down the hall to suddenly the hall becoming a grand and massive thing. A vast and seemingly endless expanse of a wooden board was the ground beneath him with a chasm on either side as the slight cracks between the floorboards. The inn hall had become some almost unfathomably vast space. 

 

And then she appeared. The mage recognized her vaguely as one of those adventurers staying over here. He had passed her when she had walked up the stairs carrying far too many items and tripping over herself. A rather cute young mage, reminded him of his daughter. Now however… when he looked up from the floor her form towered into the sky to such a vast degree that he could barely fathom the two as being the same being. His breath was stolen at the sight of her moving around, such a vast being shouldn’t have been able to move like that. 

 

Her sandal clad foot lifted up and came down far away, and yet he felt the ground quake beneath her step. Stronger than any spell, mightier than any fantastical creature the old mage had seen before. He stuttered over his words as he tried to get off a counterspell to fix his current dust sized state. He stumbled over the words as she lifted her other foot up and brought it down, the air from the impact making it to him and almost blowing him away from the sheer force of the impact. It certainly knocked him down. 

 

When he looked up… it was unending. The unknowable vastness of her sandal sole stretched overhead and filled the shrunken sky of the mage for a moment before it smashed down. For Katrina it was just a simple step, the green haired mage girl unaware she had just obliterated a mage that was vastly her superior in the ways of magic. She just continued on her way through the inn. 

 

The old mage had not been an isolated case as all through the tavern, unknown to Katrina, everyone had been struck by the spell released by her scroll. People were trapped on the floor, in their chairs, on the stairs, on the bar, everywhere. Confused and unaware of what had happened, mere dust upon the surfaces of the inn. The only one unaffected was Katrina herself. Katrina who was not exactly renown for her observational abilities. Or deep pondering thinking. 

 

She hummed a happy little tune under her breath as her massive sandal clad feet smashed down upon the stairs. Those trapped upon the stairs were screaming and waving their arms for her attention. A shadow fell over one and smashed down without mercy as she just made her way down. Her eyes were anywhere but upon the utterly insignificant dust that was marring the steps of the inn. Their choice was to scramble out of the way of where her feet would fall or join the dirt on the underside of her soles. 

 

As she descended the stairs and walked her way down the hall she cocked her head ever so. The inn was completely empty it seemed. That was super weird. She poked her head into the bar and dining hall. Her companions were nowhere to be seen. No bartender, no barmaids, no travelers. “Uhhh… helllooooo? Andre? Tina? Markus? Anyone?” 

 

She called out with her hand near her mouth to amplify it unnecessarily. The words were the booming of a deity to the dust scattered through the inn. All the travelers, the staff and indeed her fellows could hear her as she entered the room in confusion. Meals were rather left unfinished and it was like everyone got up and left. At this point a competent mage might have put two and two together. Katrina had never exactly been accused of being super competent so she shrugged. 

 

“Guess everyone had to go or something. Weird.” She boomed as she walked her way over to the bar. 

 

Her companions were all rather experienced adventurers. Their leader was a rather impressive warrior by the name of Andre. A middle aged and rather powerfully built man with a jovial air about him, he found himself rather trapped on the bar stool he had seated upon. He looked around and when he saw Katrina he started waving his arms above his head at the dopey green haired mage girl as she approached. “Kat! Down here! I dunno what happened but looks like everyone shrunk!” He called out. 

 

The ground shook under him as Katrina came closer and closer. Her eyes briefly flickered across him, only it wasn’t him she was looking at. More the seat that he was upon. He seemed to realize this after his brief flicker of relief turned to immediate concern as the young woman was coming closer and closer. Her every step swallowed up unfortunate bar staff and travelers under her sandals. She was less a woman at the moment and more a living natural disaster. 

 

“Kat! Hey, Kat, wait, look down again!” He called up. 

 

She did no such thing and instead she stopped beside his stool and when he looked up his eyes almost popped out of his skull. Her rather lovely rear was slowly shifting over the stool and he found himself trying to run desperately off to the edge of the stool. It did little good as the sky above him became the green floral patterned fabric of her robe and the sky itself seemed to come down atop him. 

 

*WHUMP!*

 

The end was rather instant for the powerful warrior as the unfathomably vast rear of Katrina fell atop him and buried him under a mountain. Katrina for her part just leaned in on the bar. Her elbow slammed down upon the vast surface and her ample breasts bulldozed over the space in front of her. The bartender had the misfortune of falling upon the top of the bar and he watched the rolling mountains come for him before he ended up smeared into something no one would ever see or recognize. 

 

She rested her head against her palm and let out a sigh, kicking her feet below. Below upon the floor the party cleric, Tina, was running toward her as well. The blonde was waving her arms and calling up to Katrina as the green haired woman kicked her feet above. She had been seated next to Andre so it wasn’t too long of a run toward Katrina. Much like the rather unfortunate fighter she had been blindsided by suddenly being shrunk away and was panicking. 

 

“Kat! Down here! On the floor! Also you just sat on Andre! Get up please!” The blonde screamed. 

 

Kat of course couldn’t hear her and was idly reaching over for a mug of beer that had already been poured and filled. Since there was no one around clearly no one would mind if she partook in some free booze. After all, she had been working super hard trying to figure out all of those difficult scrolls and artifacts. Unsuccessfully of course but hey, she was trying her absolute best with this party! She was the newest member so clearly they had to cut her some slack!

 

“Kat! Please, look down!” Tina screamed, looking up along the vast form of her companion. It was like trying to shout up at someone who was at the top of a mountain. Only Katrina was the mountain. 

 

The vast feet of the green haired mage girl kicked above her, their shadows occasionally passing overhead. The air kicked up by this was enough to send Tina’s blonde hair flowing about. She shivered from the cool air blasting over her from the idle movements of the towering young woman above. The blonde looked up and decided to cast a spell. She flung out her hand and generated a rather bright and radiant ball of light above her head. Of course even if Katrina was looking down it would have looked like a little glitter. 

 

Katrina very much was not looking down. Instead she lifted her stolen mug of beer and lifted it up to her lips. A very unfortunate patron found themselves swimming inside the golden liquid and their sky was dominated by the face of the mage girl. They were also trying to shout and scream up at her. It was to no avail however. She lifted it up to her lips and started taking a nice long drink. The powerful current generated from her drink was enough to drag the unfortunate man through her lips and down her gullet on a flood of alcohol. At the end she wiped her lips of foam. 

 

“Ahhh! Just what I need to unwind! Huh, is kinda weird no one else is showing up by now though… maybe something’s happening outside?” She mused to herself. 

 

Tina was still waving her arms and casting light spells to try and get noticed. That was when she noticed something. One of Kat’s sandals dangling very loosely by the strap between her toes. She was caught directly under the shadow of it. The cleric immediately started running to get away. Scrambling as fast as her legs could take her in a pitifully slow pace as Kat wriggled her toes and bobbed her foot slightly. The sandal was sent plummeting from her foot and right toward the floor. 

 

*SMACK*

 

The sandal smacked down upon the floor, smashing right into Tina and absolutely crushing her under the weight of the massive brown leather footwear. Katrina hummed to herself as she scratched the back of her back sole with the toes of her other foot, pondering as she took another drink. Made sense really that something outside probably drew everyone away. Sure seemed like they left in a hurry. No one even came up to tell her about it! 

 

She puffed out her cheeks ever so as she set the mug down. “Not cool guys, I wanna be included!” She grumbled as she stood up. 

 

Her massive toes reclaimed her sandal, unaware of her rather unfortunate companion rather stuck to it as an insignificant stain. As well as the one stain upon the rear of her robes. She started walking toward the door of the inn to go check around outside. Of course this put her on a rather direct collision course with the last member of her party. As well as ended with her adding some more stains to the bottom of her sandals from the unfortunate patrons she trampled in her path. 

 

“Kat under normal circumstances, really happy to see you honey but gonna need you to walk the other way!” Markus shouted as he was running as fast as he could away from the towering green haired woman. 

 

The rogue was fast, but he might as well have not been moving at all given the distances that Katrina could cross with just a few strides. She was coming closer, her vast mountainous form crossing the distance alarmingly quickly. Every step shook his bones and almost caused the rogue to trip over himself. It was like a walking natural disaster was coming up from behind him and there was no way to stop it. Her booming steps just came closer and closer. 

 

*BOOM*

 

There was an explosion as her foot came down almost directly behind him. The force of the impact sent him flying up and absolutely disoriented him, as well as breaking some bones it felt like judging from the pain flaring up. The rogue let out a scream as he was sent flying up into the air… only to land on something soft a moment later. He opened his eyes and they widened when they took in where he had landed. 

 

On either side, stretching out a vast distance beyond what a castle could have were the long pale mountains of her big and second toes. In front of him was a huge brown piece of leather, an incredible pillar that rose up to such a degree that it was hard to really fathom. Especially in his pained state. He had landed right on the webbing between her big and second toes. The rogue had a moment to drink in the vastness of the terrain around him, understand where he was and tried to cry out. 

 

And then Kat took her next step. Her toes curled lightly around the strap of the sandal and the folds of pale flesh curled around him as well, turning him into paste almost as soon as she made the motion. He was utterly obliterated in the automatic motions in her taking a step, unknowingly wiped from the world by the otherwise unimposing mage girl. She had no idea what had just happened. No idea she had just effortlessly ended dozens of people just by moving around. She just stepped outside of the inn and looked around. 

 

There was nothing going on outside. The village looked normal and everything was the same as it normally was. No reason for anyone to have gathered outside or anything. It didn’t really make much sense. She blinked before she groaned and ran her hands along her face. “Maaaaan did I get ditched by *another* party? Ugggggghhhhhh. I’m totally cursed. Where’s that drink again?” She grumbled as she went back inside to indulge in some good ol self pity.