- Text Size +
Chapter 33

“I thought you said this thing was sturdy!” Emma complained as she climbed out of the torn trampoline.

“It…I mean…it was sturdy, Emma,” Alison replied through the megaphone, in evident shock. The therapist shared an uneasy look with Dr. Jeltzin, and Daniel could see from their expressions that they had not anticipated this latest debacle at all.

“Well obviously not sturdy enough!” came Emma’s quick reply. Daniel noticed that it was strangely unnerving for someone so huge to be responding so quickly…he hadn’t realized it, but in the back of his mind he had always imagined, from all the stories he had heard as a child, that giants were slow in reacting and in carrying on a conversation. But Emma was quite sharp, which made her hugeness even more imposing. She had stepped out of the trampoline, and had put her hands on her hips, shaking her head down at the ruined contraption.

“I just…I can’t believe it!” she lamented, turning her head down and looking at Alison. Daniel now saw that she actually looked quite upset. “Now I can’t bounce anymore! That was so much fun! And now…now it’s just…all broken!”

Daniel found himself rushing up to her, having taken the megaphone from Alison. He felt so bad for her, and sensed some impending tears. He could hear the beginnings of a tremor in her voice, and he desperately wanted to make her feel better.

“It’s ok! Emma, it’s ok!” he called up to her through the megaphone. He was standing just a little ways away from her feet now, and it wasn’t lost on him that she was now so enormous compared to him that the top of his head didn’t even come close to the bottom of her calf muscle. Her ankle bone was even with the middle of his thighs. He had no idea how much she had grown, but at the moment, he wasn’t even concerned with any of that. He just wanted to comfort and reassure her.

For a few seconds, Emma just kept standing there, shaking her head, with her big eyes beginning to turn a little glassy. Suddenly, though, she blinked, seeming to snap out of something, and she took a step back and looked down at Daniel.

“Y-You…you already went as high as you could go, anyway!” he called up to her. “Haha, I mean…there wasn’t anywhere else you could bounce, right?”

“Yeah…yeah, good thinking,” Dr. Jeltzin nodded to Daniel in encouragement, speaking in a low voice so that Emma couldn’t hear. Daniel felt a shadow pass over him, and an instant later he had turned back and found himself airborne, his entire body wrapped up in Emma’s huge fingers. He could feel the heat emanating from them – it didn’t burn him, but it was noticeable. Was Emma running a fever?

A moment later her giant face was filling the panorama of his vision. The glassiness of her eyes was conspicuous now, and Daniel could tell that she did not look happy at all.

“Put that thing away,” she murmured sullenly. “I hate how it makes you sound.”

“Uh…wh-what…what th–oh…oh you mean the megaphone?” Daniel held it up to her.

“Yeah,” Emma nodded. Something huge moved underneath her chin, and Daniel felt a quick stab of instinctual fight-or-flight kick in. But he quickly realized that it was only the movement of Emma’s neck slightly beneath him. She had swallowed, apparently in an effort to keep herself composed.

“Oh…oh, ok, uh…you, you’d rather me talk to you in my real voice?” Daniel asked earnestly.

“That thing makes you sound like the rest of them,” Emma answered. Her voice had taken on a monotone quality, and Daniel knew that she spoke in this deadpan way when she was trying to prevent her voice from betraying how emotional she was feeling.

“Ok yeah, you know, I actually feel the same way,” he smiled up at her. “Thing kinda makes me feel like a robot speaking to you, or something.”

“Mhm,” Emma nodded, blinking. She had started gently rubbing on the lower part of his back with the thumb of the hand that was holding him. Daniel could see that she was already starting to feel comforted, and he felt emboldened.

“Mind if I use it just to talk to them down there for a sec?” he asked with a grin. “My voice doesn’t really…uh…you know, carry like yours does.”

Emma blinked rapidly, and she blew out an exhale from her nostrils that watered Daniel’s eyes and bent his body back a little. He didn’t care in the least, though, because he saw that she had broken into a smile.

“Hey! Uh…you guys down there!” he called through the megaphone.

“What is it?” called up Dr. Jeltzin, cupping his hands around his mouth.

“I’m gonna drop the megaphone down!” Daniel announced, “Can one of you catch it?”

“Uhh…sure!” Jeltzin answered. Daniel could see, even from this high up, that Jelztin and Alison were speaking to each other, glancing up periodically as they spoke. A little ways off, he could see that a team of white-coated scientists had already been dispatched to the broken trampoline; they were examining it carefully, measuring things, writing things down, and so on. And standing there a bit apart from the rest of them was a lone man, hands behind his back, supervising the process. Daniel felt a surge of dislike – even though he was quite high up, and couldn’t see too clearly, he knew that it was Dr. Clinebell. The warm, soft pressure of Emma’s thumb pressed even deeper into his back, and suddenly, he felt a surge of boldness. He held the megaphone up to his mouth.

“You all didn’t really plan so well, did you?” he called out, addressing both Clinebell and the cadre of scientists around the trampoline. He could see them all turn to look at him, and he took particular pleasure in watching Clinebell turn in place to stare up at him. In Emma’s hand, he felt invincible.

“She’s outgrowing this place already!” Daniel laughed, and then, sensing that he had probably already said enough, he dropped the megaphone down into Jeltzin’s awaiting hands. Daniel was enjoying watching them all down there, the little white-coated dolls, whispering to each other, moving around, just…just reacting…and having no idea what they were doing. It occurred to Daniel that this was probably how Emma felt all the time. But very quickly, his attention was diverted away from the scientists below, because Emma had rotated him around in her hand so that he was facing her head-on. His heart warmed; he could tell from her bright smile that he had completely cheered her up.

“Oh Daniel!” she laughed, bringing him up to her huge lips and planting a series of wet kisses on his face and torso, “You’re so cute!” Daniel willingly accepted the kisses (what choice did he have?), and he felt a liquid infusion of pleasure going through him as he gave in to the plush softness of her lips. The giant spear of her tongue issued out, and the next thing he knew, Emma had wriggled it in between his legs, forcing them apart as she curled her tongue upward. He was literally riding her tongue now, and she began sliding his body back and forth along the curved, wet surface, the huge muscle undulating gently underneath him. He could see that the larger taste buds, towards the back of her tongue, looked almost like they were the size of tennis balls.

He didn’t really know what she was doing, but it all felt so good that he didn’t even care. The self-conscious embarrassment he had felt when Alison had interrupted their intimacy just minutes before was gone. He knew that dozens of people were watching what was happening, but something had clicked in his mind.

‘They’re all the way down there,’ he thought to himself, ‘And we’re up here. Who cares what they think?’

After a bit more teasing and toying with him, Emma curled her tongue back into her mouth and held Daniel out a little more, so that she could see him easier. She smacked her lips playfully at him.

“Mmmm, you’re tasty, you know that?” she giggled. “Hahaha, I bet my tongue could beat you in a wrestling match – did you see how easily I forced your legs apart?”

“I…haha, yeah, I saw,” Daniel chuckled. “And yeah, I’m…heh, you’re probably right. But…but I’m not going down without a fight!

He balled up his fists in a boxing stance, and kicked his legs in the air. Emma’s eyebrows went up and creased together. It looked like she was about to melt from how precious she thought he was.

“Uhh, Emma?” The crackle of Dr. Jeltzin’s voice in the megaphone interrupted their moment. Daniel and Emma locked eyes, staring expressionlessly at each other for a moment. The implicit understanding between them felt fun and rebellious. It was almost like they were students in high school, getting caught making out in the hallway when they should have been in class. But even still, Daniel caught something of exasperated twitch in Emma’s expression at having been interrupted. He understood it, and felt it too.

“What?” she asked, the playful irritation in her voice only thinly disguised.

“It’s…it’s time for our workout, champ!” Dr. Jeltzin’s voice rarely faltered, but there was something in her response, and in the way that she was looking down at him and Alison, that made his words catch a little in his mouth.

Later on that day, after her workout (during which she easily set new personal bests for squatting and deadlift, 24 tons and 22.5 tons, respectively), Miss Bissett came in to deliver a custom-made new shirt. When she opened the large package it came in (Miss Bissett was sweet like this, wrapping Emma’s new clothes like presents), Emma put her hands up over her mouth and gasped out in delight:

“Oh my god, oh my GOD it’s sooooo cute!” She had been sitting on her bed, but now she sprang up and was dancing around on her tiptoes like a little girl. Daniel was watching from the bed, having just managed to stand back up after being knocked over by the bouncing force of the mattress after Emma had leapt up. As usual, he was trying his best to ignore Aiden. After her post-workout shower, Emma had brought him out of the night stand drawer, absentmindedly stuck the lower half of his body in her mouth, and sucked on him as she puttered around.

Daniel had felt a lurch in his stomach when he saw this, but he kept trying to remind himself that she didn’t mean anything personal by it. He knew he wasn’t competing against this weirdo. But it was still hard for him to just accept what was going on. The fact that Emma could treat another person like a literal stuffed animal was still deeply unsettling to him. But they had had a wonderful morning together, and he didn’t want to ruin it by letting the bizarreness of the situation get to him. And so he just didn’t look at Aiden, who was sitting on the nightstand, doing his best to avoid looking at Daniel as well.

“Look at it Daniel!” Emma cried, shaking the shirt in front of him. It was a bright pink, long-sleeved cotton shirt that had a cute cat face etched in black lines on its front, which covered the entire top part of the shirt. From Daniel’s perspective, it looked like a theater curtain.

“Haha wow…it’s…it’s super cute!” he managed to say.

“And the best thing is…” Emma continued, letting her white robe drop at her feet, before bending down and slipping on the shirt, “It fits! Wait, no…actually…haha! It’s too big! WAY too big!”

And it was. Emma was laughing and giggling, flailing her arms around, delighting in how the excess fabric of the long sleeves went past her hands and fingers.

“Oh honey, I’m sorry!” called up Miss Bissett, “I didn’t mean to make it that big!”

“Haha what!? Are you kidding??” laughed Emma, reaching and stretching her arms high up, “It’s PERFECT! God, I can’t wait to grow into this!”

For the next few moments, Emma seemed lost in the sheer novelty of actually wearing an article of clothing that was actually oversized on her. She continued to stretch her arms up and out, and playfully put her hands on her hips as she looked at herself in the huge mirror on the wall. Daniel watched her, enjoying how happy she was – and he had to admit, it sure did look a little humorous with her putting her hands on her hips like that, with the long, loose sleeves hiding her hands completely.

Suddenly, Emma whipped around, her luscious red hair streaming out behind from her quick movement. Daniel immediately felt the wind kick up in response, and he had to brace himself a little to prevent himself from stumbling backwards in the bed. He couldn’t help but notice, out of the corner of his eye, that Aiden had stood up and braced himself likewise against the lamp.

Emma’s eyes were flashing with excitement.

“Hey!” she exclaimed, “I’ve got an idea – let’s take down bets!”

“Bets?” asked Daniel, puzzled. But Emma didn’t seem to be able to hear him…or if she did, she wasn’t paying him much attention. She had addressed her declaration down to him, but now she was turning around, apparently looking for others. Seemingly without paying him any thought, she reached her hand over to the night stand and snatched Aiden up, depositing him unceremoniously down on the bed next to Daniel. As Emma turned her back on them, scouring the floor for more people, Daniel instinctively stepped away from the naked, erect man next to him, who was rising up slowly from the plush sheets. Aiden didn’t look much happier than Daniel did to be in the same vicinity. Unconsciously, Daniel stood up a little taller.

‘This dude is pretty short,’ he thought, ‘Short and shrimpy.’

But Emma interrupted his hostile thoughts by gently depositing Miss Bissett on her bed, next to Daniel, so that the amiable old French lady retained her balance through the process. Daniel saw that she looked slightly nonplussed, yet still calm and “going with the flow,” as she generally did around Emma. Daniel had always been impressed by how unflappable she had been around Emma, throughout this whole crazy growth spurt. Emma was a whirl of activity; she had spotted Dr. Jeltzin on the other side of the hanger, and she called him over, along with Alison. The two of them had apparently been having a conversation, but Emma had interrupted with her loud, excited exhortation:

“Hey guys! Come over here! Come on…come on…just for a minute…I wanna see something really quick!”

It was a sound to behold, the way Emma’s voice now carried on the air now that she was 46 (or was it 47 now!?) feet tall – whereas before, her voice had been a clean, crisp line of sound, now it almost seemed to come forth in waves, like it was too big to be taken in all at once by ordinary human ears.

“What is it, Emma?” Alison asked through the megaphone, once they had arrived. “And…what is Miss Bissett doing up on your bed?”

“Here, first let me bring you two up here,” Emma said quickly, and before the two scientists could react, she had scooped them up and dumped them on the mattress next to Daniel, Aiden, and Miss Bissett.

“Emma…wh-wha…you can’t just –” began Dr. Jeltzin, more flummoxed than he was cross or scared, but Alison had grabbed ahold of his arm and silently urged him not to protest. Daniel was taking all this in, and he definitely picked up on the tension. But, as he was a relative newcomer to the Facility, he didn’t understand the true significance of what had just happened. It was an unspoken rule that none of the scientists were to set foot on Emma’s bed – Alison routinely held sessions with her while sitting on the nightstand, but Emma’s bed was…well, Emma’s bed. It was an issue of emotional decorum…and of safety as well. But Emma had just turned everything upside-down, apparently without even thinking twice about it.

“Okay! So!” she laughed, rubbing her hands together (for humorous effect, as they were still hidden by her oversized pink shirt), “Now that I’ve got you all lined up here, let’s take bets! We’ll start with Little Bear here, since you’re the only one who’s naked, haha! How long…do you think it’s gonna take me…to outgrow this shirt?”

Aiden didn’t immediately respond to Emma’s question. He just stood there blinking up at her, apparently confused at being included in such a lineup. The months of essentially functioning as Emma’s personal little stuffed animal had made him subconsciously consider himself as less than human. Of course, this is what Aiden was into – he was totally devoted to Emma, and was perfectly happy for her to see him as a plaything, or as a pet. But in situations like these, the effect of this debased existence on his cognitive functioning was plain to see.

“Hello?” Emma asked impatiently, bringing the pad of her index finger down gently on Aiden’s head and giving it a little vibrating shake. He staggered in place, barely keeping his footing.

“Come on Little Bear, I asked you a question,” Emma pressed. Her voice had a totally different tone to it when she was speaking to Aiden – there was an upfront hardness to it, an almost-childish deliberateness that immediately made it clear that there wasn’t any other option but to give her what she wanted. Daniel watched uneasily, with a distinct degree of discomfort etched across his face. Alison, Jeltzin, and Miss Bissett were looking at each other, and Daniel caught their wordless communication out of the corner of his eye. He felt himself getting tense…were they about to call in some sort of…security on Emma?

“Y-You’ve been growing so fast lately, goddess!” Aiden managed to say, “I…I think you w-will outgrow that shirt b-by…by tomorrow.”

“Ohhhh tomorrow!” squealed Emma, flashing her bright teeth in a delighted smile. “My Little Bear sure is optimistic about this latest growth spurt! Rrrrraaaugh, he thinks I’m gonna grow into a monster tomorrow!”

As she spoke, Emma straightened up to her full height and struck a playful double-biceps pose, which was made all the more comical because of the oversized, long-sleeve pink cat shirt she was wearing. The design of the cat’s head was completely unchanged by her pose, and her biceps (which were each about 108 inches around at this point) were essentially invisible amidst the gathered clumps of pink fabric. Emma looked back and forth at her biceps, and her brow furrowed in mock confusion. Pretending to be annoyed, she quickly pulled up the sleeves of the shirt, revealing the smooth, firm flesh of her arms. They sure looked good – her workout regimen with Jeltzin had certainly been paying off. But even still, the shirt was so big that, even flexing against the pulled-up sleeves, the fabric still wasn’t tight.

“Nice guns, girl!” Jeltzin called up to her, “But you need to let us down – you can keep Daniel and…uh, and Aiden up here, but we’ve gotta get down, alright?”

Emma abruptly dropped her arms to her sides, and the sleeves promptly slid all the way back down, covering her arms and hands. She tilted her head slightly to the side, studying the people on her bed, her eyes moving from one to the other. Aside from the fact that she was chewing on her lower lip, her expression was inscrutable. She seemed to be pondering something…weighing something. Daniel felt the tension rise.

“Haha ohhh Dr. Jeltzin!” Emma laughed suddenly, her face breaking into a girlish kind of smile, “You’re such an old-fashioned gentleman, you know that? Getting all uncomfortable on my bed and all…don’t worry, Daniel’s right here! I’m not, like, into polyamory or anything – not that I don’t think you’re handsome, of course, but Daniel’s my man.”

She turned her bright eyes to Daniel, stuck her tongue in her cheek, and gave him a wink. Daniel smiled back at her, though more from the slight defusion of the tension than from anything else.

“Heheh, that’s…yeah, haha,” Dr. Jeltzin chuckled, accepting her explanation for the sake of the situation.

“Alright fine then,” Emma sighed reluctantly, “I’ll bring you down…but you gotta make your bet! Little Bear says tomorrow – when do you say!?”

“I…uhm, and…Alison and Miss Bissett too?” Dr. Jeltzin asked, as Emma brought her huge hand down.

“Huh?” Emma asked. “What about them?”

“They…they need to come down off the bed too, Emma,” Jeltzin replied simply. Daniel could see that the doctor’s eyes had flitted over to the far end of the hanger, apparently checking on something, and Daniel’s stomach lurched uncomfortably. He didn’t want to turn around to see what it was because he was afraid of what he would see. He just kept his eyes fixed on Emma, silently willing her to just do what the scientists wanted.

But for the moment, Emma was hovering her open palm about 3 feet over everyone’s head. They all could clearly see that, if she wanted to, Emma would have no problem snatching all five of them up in her hand. Her palm was nearly 3 feet wide now…and a little over 3 feet long. Her middle finger alone was two-and-a-half feet long. But Emma hadn’t paused her hand above them like this on purpose; she had been halted in her movement – she looked genuinely confused.

“Why do they have to come down too?” Emma asked bluntly.

“Because – “ Jeltzin began, his face beginning to redden, and Daniel was almost certain that he was about to say something to the effect of “Because I said so.” But Alison had again reached out and touched Jeltzin’s arm, and filled in her own response, gently but firmly spoken:

“Because we’re not supposed to be up on your bed, Emma.”

“What!? Oh come on, it’s ok!” Emma laughed, her hand quickly flipping over in the universal “come on!” motion. They all felt the breeze of her hand’s movement. Daniel had been doing his best to trust her, but at this moment he had to think that maybe she didn’t quite understand the effect her body had on them. He joined the others in taking a couple steps back.

“It’s my bed, after all,” Emma was continuing, “And if I say it’s ok, then it's ok!”

“No, Emma,” Alison replied, shaking her head firmly. “It’s against the rules. We can’t be up here. Please let us down.”

“The rules!?” Emma laughed out again, but her words seemed to echo strangely in her head, and her smile dropped a little. “Oh…heheh, oh yeah, the rules…” She turned around to look at something, and, as her body obstructed his view, Daniel couldn’t see what she saw. Her entire body seemed stock-still, like she was considering something. But when she turned back around a couple moments later, she was nodding, a slight smile on her face. She looked almost sheepish.

“Right, right…the rules…” she was muttering, as she gently wrapped her hand around Alison, Jeltzin, and Miss Bissett, and lowered them quickly down to the floor. “There are so many rules…so many that…I guess…huh, I just got excited or something and forgot…I’m sorry…”

“Aw, that’s…heyyyy, don’t worry, champ!” called up Jeltzin. He could sense that Emma was in danger of slipping into some kind of morose mood, so he added, “And just for the record, I think you’re gonna grow outta that thing by next week!”

“Next week?” Emma asked quietly, smiling down at him, “Haha so…pretty soon too…”

“I agree,” nodded Alison, “Even though the others say that your growth can’t be accelerating more for too much longer. I think they’re wrong.”

Daniel could see that Alison’s face was flushed – she sounded almost out of breath. It was obvious that she had felt just as tense as he had, and that she was now feeling a sense of relief. He wondered whether her answer was just to tell Emma something she wanted to hear.

“Dearie, I’m just going to predict,” Miss Bissett called up in her sweet voice, “That you’re done growing for the week, just so my staff can rest a little while.”

The venerable outfitter’s joke let the last of the tension out, and everyone laughed.

“Not a chance, Miss Bissett!” Emma exclaimed, shaking her head as she smiled. “I can feel it…even though this is the cutest thing you’ve ever made me, I’m gonna be stretching this kitty’s face reeeeal soon, just you watch.”

“Well I guess I’d better get back, dearie,” the old woman said, and Jeltzin and Alison took this as their cue to leave them alone again. They walked back toward the far end of the hanger, and, because of Emma’s body blocking the way, Daniel didn’t see Jeltzin waving back the assembled team of guards, all decked out in their gas masks, who had been standing at attention, ready to act.

“And how about youuuu?” Emma asked Daniel. She collapsed down on her knees and plopped her elbows down on the mattress, leaning into her hands. Her forearms, which were nearly 7 feet tall, formed a triangle, with her chin at the top point. Despite the recent tension, Daniel had to gawk in awe at her…she was just so beautiful…and, in a way, strangely childlike despite her gigantic size. It was a surreal and intoxicating combination.

“You’re the only one who hasn’t bet!” Emma teased, her whole head going up and down as she spoke, as her chin was in her hands. “Little Bear thinks I’m gonna just BUST out of this thing tomorrow…you think I’m growing that fast?”

In the midst of his flood of positive feeling, Daniel still had room to feel a bit irritated. He knew that Emma wasn’t meaning to pit him against Aiden, but Daniel knew that Aiden had just placed his bet to try and stroke Emma’s ego. And now, he, Daniel, was going to be put in the position of NOT saying what she wanted to hear? It was a bit annoying…but then, as if inspired, he knew what to say:

“Well you know what I think?”

Emma raised her eyebrows expectantly. ‘God, she really wants to know,’ Daniel thought, ‘I hope I’m not making light of all this…’

“I think there’s no way for me to say, because I can’t predict when you’re gonna decide to get bigger or not.”

“I…what!?” she exclaimed, blinking rapidly a few times. “Decide!?”

“Well yeah!” Daniel continued, feeling like he just needed to plow ahead with his joke, “You’ve been getting so much bigger ever since you…uh, you know…embraced it…and look at you now! You can’t wait to get bigger, soooo I don’t know – whenever you, uh, decide that you’ve had enough of that shirt, then boom, it’s a goner!”

“You little…shit!” Emma laughed, now realizing that he was joking. She promptly blew him on his back and then pinned him to the mattress with her nose. “You know my spurts aren’t…uh, aren’t because I decide anything! They just happen!”

“Aaaahhh I know, I know!” cried Daniel as he laughed, getting tickled by her nose, which he had no power to pry off him.

“Although,” Emma said suddenly, coming up off him a bit and staring off into space, “Do you think…actually…hmmmm…”

“Do I think what?” asked Daniel, sitting up. He felt a distinct, savage delight when he saw that Aiden had silently excused himself to the nightstand drawer. But quickly, his attention was usurped by Emma turning her huge face back to him. She seemed to be seriously considering something.

“I know you were just kidding,” she said thoughtfully, “But I wonder…I wonder if I CAN make it go faster…just by thinking…”

The next few days proved to be some of the most eventful and surreal for everyone at the Facility. So many noteworthy and unusual things were happening, one after the other, that the scientists were having increasing difficulty keeping track of everything. Daniel was similarly bewildered, even though he had long since surrendered to the “ride” that he and Emma were on together.

To begin with, Emma was becoming increasingly antsy…or restless…or fidgety…or just bored. The scientists couldn’t decide. Alison thought that she was expressing her deep-felt anxiety about her growth spurt intensifying; Jeltzin thought that she was antsy because she wasn’t lifting close to her max anymore (since a new shipment of weights had been delayed); Dr. Farley thought that she wasn’t eating enough…and Dr. Clinebell thought that she was just bored. In any case, Emma had started breaking the wooden crates that her food came in between her fingers, after she was done eating. The crates themselves were cubes, two feet high and two feet wide, so that they fit nicely together by the dozen on the food carts that were constantly going to and fro from the Facility kitchen. At this point, Emma was in the habit of taking several crates at once and tipping their contents into her open mouth. She had started this habit by taking two crates, one in each hand, but as she had gotten bigger, she had shifted to two in one hand, then three, and now four. And whereas before she would place the crates neatly back on the cart, she had developed the habit of piling them untidily on top of each other.

But now, she had actually started breaking them. Daniel had jumped in surprise from his sitting position next to her as she lounged on her stomach, propped up on her elbows, with her feet in the air. She had just polished off 845 pounds of breakfast, leaving 280 empty wooden crates strewn around her.

“Uuuhhh!” Daniel cried, upon hearing the loud series of cracks, “What was that!?”

“Huh? What was what?” asked Emma casually. She had just crushed one of the crates in between her thumb and forefinger, and she tossed it down onto the floor below.

“Oh…oh that’s what it was!” Daniel replied, a little relieved.

“Haha, did that seriously startle you?” Emma giggled, “It’s just one of those crates!”

“Yeah, but…that was loud!” Daniel laughed.

“No it wasn’t,” Emma retorted, shaking her head. She blinked once, and then seemed to get an idea. Her eyes lit up playfully as she reached over and grabbed a whole handful of the crates, probably 10 of them or so.

“You think that was loud,” she teased, holding them in her fist, “How about this?”

Daniel saw the muscles and tendons in her arms tense up as she squeezed, and the air was suddenly rent with a series of loud cracks and pops. Daniel covered his ears as quickly as he could, but even so, the muffled sound of the splitting wood was drowned out by the deeper, louder reverberation of Emma’s laughter, which went through his entire body.

“Hahaha you little guys have such sensitive ears!” she exclaimed, tossing the shattered wood into a pile.

“Maybe just…heheh, take it easy on the –”

*Crrrrrack*

“On the, uh…”

*Crrrrrrrack*

“On the whole…breaking stuff, Emma,” Daniel finally finished.

“Oh who cares, anyway?” she replied dismissively, adding the splintered wood to the rapidly growing pile as she picked up five or six more. “These are just tiny little boxes – they can make more.”

*Crrrack…clllaraarrrkkk….ccrrrrrrrrik*

Daniel blinked at the pile of broken wood in front of him. It already looked like a giant pile of wood for a bonfire, and after Emma dropped in a few handfuls more, it began to resemble an ancient Viking funeral pyre.

“I know that, uhm…those might seem tiny to you,” Daniel remarked, choosing his words carefully, “But…maybe think of the people who have to clean all this up? I mean, why not stack them back on the cart like you did before?”

“Psssh I can’t stack these things like that anymore,” Emma chuckled, snapping more boxes in her fingers. “My fingers are too big and I just end up knocking them all down. Heh, if I’m gonna make a mess anyway, why not have a little fun while I’m doing it?”

Some food attendants came in with another cart, and gawked at the gigantic pile of splintered wood.

“Uhm…Emma?” one of them ventured, obviously a little afraid.

“Oh…oh! Haha, of course,” Emma laughed, and she quickly gathered the pile up by scooping it with her forearms, until it was directly under her chin. Daniel was amazed – the pile was over 7 feet tall. Emma grinned down at the food attendants, obviously pleased with herself, until her smile started to falter a little. She had slowly started to realize that even though she had “cleaned up,” the attendants still needed to somehow cart the wood away, and being as small as they were, this was going to take a long time.

“I’m…uh, heheh, wow,” Emma laughed softly, almost to herself as she looked the attendants up and down. “Sorry…I thought you guys were, uhm…”

She didn’t finish, but Daniel knew that she was saying the word “bigger” in her mind. After receiving a light rebuke from Dr. Farley, Emma watched as a host of staff dismantled the wood pile and carried it away over the next half hour. Daniel had been worried that she would feel bad about the reprimand, but she actually seemed to find the whole thing quite funny, and she made a point of watching the whole clean-up from a distance, a slight smirk on her face.

And that was just the beginning. By the middle of that same day, Emma had started excitedly posing for Daniel in her cat shirt, flexing her arms again and laughing.

“Heeeey it’s starting to feel a little less loose, Daniel!” she grinned, turning backwards and then forwards again as she posed for him while he was sitting on the bed. “What do you think? Can you tell? Does it look tighter to you?”

“I…I can’t really tell yet,” Daniel said, straining to see.

“What!?” she exclaimed, again forcing him to cover his ears from the sound of her voice. But Daniel was used to this by now, and he was getting good at predicting when she would raise her voice in excitement.

“You can’t tell!?” she laughed. “Oh come on – look! See, it’s clearly getting smaller on me!”

She shimmied her arms down to her sides and stood there stalk-still. Daniel furrowed his brow and tried to look closer. For a few moments he didn’t notice anything, and then…he saw it – the fleshy tips of Emma’s fingers poking through the sleeves.

“H-Hey!” he exclaimed, feeling slightly unsettled and yet somehow a little exhilarated at the same time. He pointed. “I…I couldn’t see your fingers yesterday!”

“Nope!” Emma said proudly, wiggling them. “Hahaha, I knew you’d notice!”

Later on that afternoon, Emma took Aiden out of the nightstand drawer. She had finished a workout with Jeltzin, and had just taken a shower. Often, to decompress after exercise, she would take Aiden out of his drawer (which had essentially become his home at this point) and would suck on his lower half as she absentmindedly scrolled through the internet on her giant tablet. Whenever Aiden would cum, she would just be able to taste the salty little warm drop on her tongue. Some days she would giggle and tease him more with her tongue until he came again, and some days she would barely even notice it, especially if she had found something interesting online.

But this afternoon, the tablet wasn’t quite working for her the way it used to. She was having difficulty scrolling, as the screen wasn’t responding to her fingers like she had come to expect. This was particularly frustrating for Emma, since she had recently found a special heel design that she wanted to show Miss Bissett. But she couldn’t scroll down, and what started off as futile attempts with her fingers turned into more and more aggressive prods with her finger. Aiden was hanging halfway out of her mouth, having recently succumbed to the power of her tongue and ejaculated onto it. Emma hadn’t even reacted, except to suck on him a little harder, driving him wild with overstimulation. But even in the midst of his ecstasy, he knew to be quiet. He could tell that Emma was getting frustrated and didn’t want to annoy her any further.

“Phhhuckin…thing wonnn werrrk,” muttered Emma, her voice muffled by Aiden’s body as she tried scrolling more forcefully. Daniel was sitting next to her in the bed, his attention diverted towards his own tablet. Whenever Emma took Aiden out of the drawer (which, he noticed, had been less often recently), he resolved not to fixate on any of the bizarreness that was going on between them, choosing instead to find something to look at online until Emma got bored and put Aiden back away. Slowly but surely, Daniel was working up a plan to confront Emma about Aiden, and to essentially ask her to give him up. Daniel was well aware that this was a delicate matter, without any known precedent, so he had been taking this whole process quite slowly. But, from the way his insides still roiled a little whenever she got Aiden out, Daniel knew that the conversation was going to have to happen sooner rather than later.

“What’s…uh, what’s the problem?” Daniel asked, finally deciding that he couldn’t keep ignoring what was happening.

“My tableeeeh!” Emma whined, trying to scroll a few more times on it before dropping it in between her legs in exasperation, “Isss nah werkkking.”

“Can you…uh…?” Daniel asked, miming taking something out of his mouth, feeling surreal as he did so. “I can’t really understand you when…you’ve got stuff in your mouth.”

Emma blinked at him confusedly for a moment before her eyes opened a little wider in recognition. It was clear that she had forgotten Aiden was even there. She promptly drew out his body from her mouth with a quick little *slurp* and tossed him onto the mattress, next to the tablet. Aiden just lay there, staring up at her, still overwhelmed from his recent orgasm.

“My tablet isn’t working!” Emma complained again, gesturing down to it in irritation. “It won’t scroll!”

“Huh,” mused Daniel, getting up and walking over beside her. “I…I could call the tech people, if you want.”

“I don’t know what they’re gonna do,” Emma replied, shaking her head. “Everything else on it is working fine…it’s just not responding to my fingers.”

Emma splayed out her hand next to where Daniel was standing, drumming her fingers impatiently on the mattress. At this point, even her pinkie finger was more than 2 feet long, and her middle finger wasn’t far away from a full 3 feet. Daniel couldn’t help but stare down at how enormous her hand looked – the fact that she was drumming her fingers like that drew attention to just how big they were. Daniel found himself lost in the tensing and relaxing tendons in her hands, and the way that her basketball-sized knuckles moved up and down.

And then, all at once, her fingers stopped moving.

“Uh…Daniel?”

He blinked and shook his head a little, like he was coming out of a trance. He looked up to see Emma grinning down at him.

“So you noticed, huh?” she smiled, sticking her tongue out a little at him.

“Noticed? Uh…noticed what?” Daniel asked.

“My hand, silly!” she laughed, spidering her giant fingers under his legs, so that he was suddenly standing amidst her outsplayed fingers. “Do you notice anything…special about it!?”

Daniel scanned over her hand and fingers for a few moments, at a loss as to what Emma could be talking about. Yes, it was true that everything looked huge…it always looked huge…but that hand…those fingers…surely they were getting bigger. And just like that, Daniel’s eyes fell on the pink sleeve of her cat shirt that was riding up around the middle of her hand.

“Ohhhh!” he exclaimed, finally understanding as he pointed to the sleeve. “Your shirt! Those sleeves are smaller on you now!”

“Hahaha so you DID notice!” Emma grinned happily, and she raised her arm up and held it out for proof, about 18 feet over Daniel’s head. With her arm fully extended over him like this, it was clear that the end of the sleeve didn’t go past the middle of her hand. She HAD been growing. And as she looked down at him, making her eyebrows go up and down, it was clear that she was thrilled.

“Wow…!” Daniel burst out, unable to keep his amazement in check. “That’s…uh, that’s incredible! You’re…you’re growing faster than, uh, than Jeltzin’s bet, haha!”

“Yeah I am!” she laughed, “So fast that my Little Bear actually might win the bet, huh?”

Daniel’s heart sank a little in exasperation, but he managed to shrug and nod a little.

“Hear that, Little Bear?” Emma called. “Your bet is in the lead right now!”

But Aiden didn’t respond. He was so exhausted from his recent orgasm in Emma’s mouth that he had fallen fast asleep next to her tablet, curled up on the mattress in the fetal position. Anyone not accustomed to Emma’s voice or presence would have snapped awake the instant she addressed them in her loud, reverberating voice, but Aiden WAS accustomed to it. He had been living and breathing nothing but Emma, day in and day out, for months. She was his entire world. And even when he was asleep, she dominated his dreams. Perhaps some aspect of his slumbering subconscious registered that she was calling to him, but this awareness became instantly muddled in a dream he was already having about her, and he didn’t wake up.

Emma was staring down hard at the sleeping Aiden, not seeming to understand why he wasn’t responding to her. Daniel was watching it all happen, and he wasn’t able to help feeling that same telltale crawl in his skin when he saw the way Emma looked at Aiden. The way her entire body was paused…suspended…as she stared down at him…it reminded Daniel of the way children sometimes watch their sleeping pets.

“Hey!” Emma suddenly called again, more forcefully this time, “I’m talking to you!”

A red flag went up immediately in Daniel’s head; in her excitement, Emma was forgetting herself. She had been huge before, but Daniel was now beginning to realize that her recent growth over the past few days was really starting to become noticeable in all manner of ways, and not just in her clothes. Everything she said or did now had an added weight and force to it…power that was quickly breaching new territories, perhaps without her even understanding it.

Emma reached down, her arm still high over Daniel’s head, and before Daniel knew what was happening, she had snatched Aiden up in her palm and was bringing him up to her face.

“Uuuuuuaaaaah!” A strange and halting cry escaped Aiden’s parted lips. It looked like he would have been screaming if he had been able to make any more noise, but Emma was holding him too tightly for that. All of Daniel’s dislike for this odd little husk of a man dissipated in an instant, because he could see, from his open, silent mouth, lolling tongue, and bulging eyes, that Emma was about to accidentally squeeze him to death.

“Sleeping through all the fun!” Emma teased, shaking Aiden lightly in her closed palm as she brought him close up to her face. “I said you’re winning the bet, Little Bear!”

Teasingly, she rubbed her nose into his whitening face, and then held him back a little ways from her face to gauge his reaction. When she received nothing but that same blank, desperately silent and wide-eyed stare, her smile dropped a little.

“Heyyyy, are you sick or something?” she asked, concerned. She brought the pad of her forefinger up to his forehead and felt it to see if he was running a fever. By this time, though, Daniel was shouting up at her loud enough to usurp her attention.

“Huh?” she asked, turning down to him, “What was that?”

“You’re squeezing him too hard, Emma!!” shouted Daniel, now thoroughly alarmed. “Let him go! Let him go!!”

Emma looked back confusedly at Aiden, blinked for a silent moment as she considered, and then opened her hand, letting Aiden crumple down onto the mattress, where he lay there face-down, gasping for breath in disturbingly desperate and shallow gasps. Daniel rushed over to him and turned him gingerly over.

“Are you ok!?” he asked, checking Aiden’s vitals. “Can you talk?”

Aiden managed to shake his head and continued gasping out for breath. Far above them, Emma had tilted her head a little sideways as she peered down, her brows creased together in concern.

The sound of Dr. Clinebell’s voice suddenly sounded out on the loudspeaker:

“Emma, step off the bed and report to Hanger C. Immediately. Failure to do this will result in an immediate Code Red.”

“E-Emma!? Wh-what’s…Code Red?” asked Daniel uneasily. He expected Emma to look just as alarmed as he did, but she was actually rolling her eyes as she slid off the bed.

“I’ll see you in a bit,” she sighed, “It means they’ll hit me with the gas. God, why are they being so dramatic?”

In a much louder voice, she called out:

“All right! All right I’m coming! Don’t blast me!”

But it was clear from her tone that she wasn’t begging or pleading – she sounded more like a recalcitrant student who had been threatened with more serious punishment if they didn’t report to detention. Daniel even detected a little humor in her tone. He watched her striding away, and felt the booming vibrations of her steps through the bed. Already, what looked like emergency personnel were rushing past her towards Aiden.

An hour or so later, Emma re-emerged from Hanger C (a side room in the main hanger) and walked purposefully back towards her bed. Daniel had been waiting anxiously for her, not knowing what to expect. The emergency team had whisked Aiden away in a flash, and Daniel had been left to wonder if he would be ok. He hadn’t been spitting up blood or anything like that, but those labored breaths certainly hadn’t sounded good. The medical team told Daniel they suspected a punctured lung, but that was all the information they had been able to give. And now, Daniel watched in eager, worried anticipation as Emma sauntered towards him. Her confident, casual walk reassured him somewhat, but also gave rise to new misgivings inside his head. Did she appreciate how serious all that had been!?

“Well!” she chuckled, reaching the bed and hovering over it before collapsing her large butt down on the mattress, making Daniel’s sitting form jump a couple feet in the air before coming back down. “Where were we?”

“Uh…is, I mean…is everything ok?” Daniel asked. “How did…uh, you know…all that go?”

“Oh just them telling me all the stuff I already know,” she exhaled humorously, “I’m a growing girl, I’ve gotta be careful when I pick people up, I’m more powerful than I think I am, blah blah blah…”

Daniel opened his mouth and then closed it. He wanted to somehow convey to her how scared he had been for Aiden, despite not even liking him, but he didn’t know how to do it in a way she would understand.

“Th-they…they said he…Aiden, I mean, might have a punctured lung.” Daniel heard himself saying these words dead-pan, without any judgment or emotion behind them. But as he said them, he realized that he agreed with his own unconscious idea – she needed to hear that she had actually hurt him.

“Little Bear always was a tiny, delicate thing,” she laughed with a strange kind of wistful softness. She sighed, staring off into the distant mountains at the far end of the hanger. “Oh well…he was a cute, snuggly little thing to have around and play with. I’ll miss him.”

“You’ll…w-wait…” Daniel began. His insides had suddenly frozen cold. “You mean…you mean that you…you…uhhh…that he’s dead!?”

Emma turned her head slowly away from the mountains and back down at Daniel. Her whole face was turned up in an incredulous smile.

“Dead?!” she burst out, shaking the entire bed with her laughter, “Nooooo! Are you crazy!?”

She shook her head and looked down in her lap, evidently getting a kick out of Daniel’s misunderstanding.

“No, no,” she repeated, now looking at him again, “They’re just taking him away from me.”

“Away?” asked Daniel. The flash freeze inside him rapidly began to thaw.

“Yeah,” Emma nodded, “Guess I broke one of the important rules or something…heh, like I was saying before, hard to keep track of them all…but yeah, he’s gone. Not GONE gone, like you thought, hahaha, you silly thing…but they told me that in the C room.”

“Are you…uhm, doing ok with it?” asked Daniel, not knowing what else to ask.

“Mhmm,” sighed Emma, smiling wistfully again as she looked down at her hands, “I was a little upset at first…cried a little…you know, just tough to let my Bear go like that, but Alison was sweet and talked me down and…yeah, actually I realized that it’s all for the best. And anyway, I’ve got YOU now, right?”

“Haha, yeah…right,” breathed Daniel. The roller coaster of his emotions was starting to catch up to him. He had gone from anxious about Emma’s having broken an important rule, to horrified at the apparent news of her killing Aiden, to relief at hearing that in fact he was alive, to happiness at discovering that he finally had his girlfriend all to himself again – and, of course, all of this was under the backdrop of his general uneasiness that stemmed from Emma clearly not appreciating the potential of her own power.

“Geez, you look a little funny,” Emma giggled, rummaging her big ass further up on the bed so that her back was nestled against the cliffs of her pillows. She held out her hand to him. “Here, why don’t you come snug up to me a little?”

Daniel didn’t hesitate, despite his uneasiness. A minute later he was nestled up cozily against the outside of Emma’s upper thigh. Her massive hand sat on the bed directly next to him, and she was gently petting his back with the fleshy pad of her thumb. Daniel understood, somewhere in his tired brain as he relaxed into her, that Emma was making a special point of reassuring him with her deliberately gentle touch.

Emma was staring off again into the mountains at the far end of the hanger. The sun was just beginning to reflect off the back end of the snow-capped peaks, indicating the beginning of its slow descent below the horizon. She wasn’t even thinking about the loss of her Little Bear – ever since she had heard Dr Clinebell’s voice echoing out over the loudspeaker, she understood that she had crossed one of their lines, and that she was going to be put through all the motions and protocols and the rest of it. She was sorry to have hurt the little thing, but really, his tiny body was soooo flimsy, it had surely only been a matter of time, right? But she knew that she couldn’t argue that case, and so she had put up with all the stern rebukes from the scientists…and she had endured Dr. Clinebell’s silent, searching stare.

But she felt different about her relationship with them all, especially Clinebell. His eyes didn’t give her much cause for pause anymore. She still knew the importance of saying the right things and not getting too excited and remembering her place and all the rest of it, but at this point, she knew what they were trying desperately, behind the scenes to understand: that she was continuing to get bigger, and at a faster pace. She could see it in their faces – back in those control rooms, and in their laboratories, they were busy day and night running all kinds of tests to try and figure it all out.

‘And all the while I’m just getting bigger and bigger,’ thought Emma, staring off at the snow-capped peaks. ‘And they don’t know why.’

She smiled to herself as she gently brought her thumb down Daniel’s back, until her nail was tickling the underside of his butt cheeks.

“H-Hey!” he laughed, squirming out from under her thumb as he wiggled into a supine position, lying down fully on his back as he stared up at her, upside-down. Hey knew it was all futile, of course – it wasn’t as if Emma couldn’t dig her finger under his body and get at him that way. It occurred to him, now that he wasn’t directly up against her thigh, how hot her skin was…not hot enough to burn him, but hot enough to where the free air felt refreshing, and to where he had actually started to sweat down his entire back.

‘Is she running a fever?’ Daniel found himself thinking, appreciating the odd irony, since Emma had wondered the same thing about Aiden earlier.

“Ooooooh, hold on a second,” came Emma’s rumbling voice. Her fingers had suddenly grasped Daniel’s left foot, and he felt the pounding pressure of her blood through the pads of her thumb and forefinger.

“What?” he asked, a little concerned. “What is it?”

“A big one…” Emma breathed, her eyes going wide as she started taking deep breaths. She looked down at him and flashed an excited, open-mouthed smile. “I can feel it…it’s whooo…it’s coming!”

“Another spurt!?” Daniel asked, excited and a little scared at the same time. But Emma was busy doing something, and a moment later, she had let go of his foot and lined her hand carefully up next to his body on the bed. Daniel could see that she was shaking a little.

“Okay…just…whooo…just hold still right there,” Emma breathed out. She noticed that Daniel looked concerned and shook her head, smiling even broader.

“Don’t worry, don’t worry,” she gasped, licking her front teeth a little as her breath became more labored, “I’m fine…it’s gonna be fine…haha I just wanna…just wanna see if…whooooo ohhh yeah here it is!”

Daniel was focused on her face, searching to make sure she wasn’t hurting too badly, but he had also glanced down to the side and saw that Emma had lined her hand up perfectly with his body, with her wrist starting at his feet. Right now, the top of her middle finger was right at his shoulder. Emma was starting to sway back and forth, using her planted hand and arm as the pillar that supported the rest of her body, as she blew out through her mouth in a series of deep, cadenced breaths. For the first few seconds, she was looking around the hanger, trying to come to grips with the growth spurt that was burgeoning like thunder throughout her body. It hurt…but it was only really bad at first. The first bit had felt like someone was sticking white-hot needles into her bones, but once she got through that initial burst, an incredible, all-encompassing warmth began spreading through her midsection, her shoulders, neck, and head, her butt, her arms and legs, her hands, feet, fingers, and toes. Emma had come to expect similar feelings from her more recent spurts, but there was no question in her mind that this one was by FAR the most intense – it hurt the most at first, but it was also the most pleasurable after.

“Uuuuugggghhhhhh GODDDD!” she chuckled out, laughing at the sheer intensity of what she was feeling. It was almost unbelievable. The deepening warmth soaked down through her muscles, into her bones and marrow…and she almost forgot to look down at Daniel. Yes! It was happening – she could actually SEE her fingers starting to creep higher up against Daniel’s body. She didn’t even have to peer closely; that’s how fast it was happening. The top of her middle finger was even with his little Adam’s apple now…now his chin…now his mouth…and now his nose…

Daniel was watching her fingers too, out of the corner of his eye, doing what she had told him to as he lay completely still on his back. But it was hard to register the growth of her fingers when he was staring directly up into Emma’s flushed, exuberant face in the midst of the most intense growth spurt she had had up to that point. Those long, dramatic seconds of her spurt seemed to go in slow motion, and in that time, Daniel’s mind was imprinted with that exultant and overjoyed expression on Emma’s face. She looked hungry…triumphant. And he had never thought that she had looked more enchanting, and more beautiful, than in those few moments.

“Ohhhh, loooook!” Emma cried, “Almost there…alllllmost there…!”

She glanced up, registering that a small crowd of scientists had come up to watch. Normally they all tended to give Emma privacy when she was with Daniel, but their sensors had told them what Emma and Daniel already knew – that this spurt was unprecedented.

A few seconds later and it was all over. Emma sat there, breathing hard, sweat beading her flushed face and brow, as she leaned down on the pillar of her long-sleeved arm. She stared down at Daniel, taking final stock of the measurement, and her tongue went to stick in the corner of her cheek, crookedly framing a smirk. Daniel glanced to his left and saw that his eyes were even with the top knuckle…of her index finger. Her middle finger rose up past his line of vision. Emma’s smirk widened – she could see the whole picture clearly. Her middle finger rose up a full inch beyond Daniel’s head. He was shorter than her hand now.

“Hahh!” exclaimed Emma, bending down abruptly and planting a wet kiss directly down on Daniel’s chest. He was left breathless for a moment, during which time she bounded up off the bed and ran over to the measurement station. The other scientists followed quickly, eager to see how big she had gotten. Daniel recovered himself and climbed down off the bed to join them. When he finally reached her, Emma was beaming with pride, pointing to the digital numbers that announced her height and weight.

“95,702” was the blue number under the “weight” column.

‘In…pounds!?” thought Daniel in desperate awe.

But the height number was the one Emma was pointing to especially, with that broad grin on her face:

“626 inches” shone out in digital red.

“Fifty…uhh…fifty one feet,” Dr. Clinebell whispered, his voice actually wavering for an instant, “And two inches.”

Emma had dropped her arms to her sides and was shaking them. With a resounding, vibrating rush that seemed to come out of the sky itself, she started laughing. Daniel knew exactly why. Her hands were completely free, and the edges of her pink sleeves were riding up on her wrists, which were just beginning to peek out from where they had previously been hidden.


Chapter End Notes:

This story is up to Chapter 34 on my Patreon.  Join here for full access to this story, and dozens of others: https://www.patreon.com/joycejulep