- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I took a break yesterday, and I will probably take a break for the next few days. I'm getting some creative fatigue, and I don't want the story to suffer from that. Thanks for the support! <3

With a single press of the purple alien's chubby finger, the phone call ended. A cold sweat flashed across Brad's entire body. The clock was ticking, and he needed to act fast. As he writhed and struggled, the realization of his growing predicament became ever more prevalent in his mind. If he failed to escape, he would become part of this colossal alien's next meal.

 

The purple alien reached her hand across the table and seized a wide, metal spatula. After deciding the projected size of her cake piece, she swiftly drove the flat end of the cooking utensil down into the confines of the spongy cake. The pressure from the incision pulled Brad downwards and he rolled onto his side. The metal spatula ripped into the dessert, slicing out the cake's corner into a observable serving.

 

She edged the spatula underneath the cake slice and began to pull upwards. Tremors shook the sugary surface Brad rested as she pried up her marked piece with the spatula. Suddenly, the giant purple alien paused. Her eyes alternated to the adjacent kitchen area where she motioned to retrieve a spoon, plate, and napkin. As she departed towards the kitchen, Brad contemplated his next move.

 

The urgency of the moment hit Brad like a bullet, and he rapidly transitioned to more desperate means of survival. Article by article, Brad wiggled out of his ruined clothing. Firstly, he removed his signature Top Dollar work-shirt. The thick, greasy frosting made the unbuttoning process difficult, but ultimately manageable. Then following his shirt, he escaped his jeans and his shoes. While he was nearly nude (only his briefs and long socks remained), the frosting now only covered a minor portion of his body. Using his hands, he smoothed out his removed clothes to cover the frosting around him. Brad thought this would provide him with more stable flooring, and possibly reduce his chance of being absorbed into the frosting if he stood up. He crawled forward onto his self-made carpet of clothes and gradually tried to stand up. He had finally gained his balance.

 

Only a short distance away from his immediate position, Brad took notice to a massive, glossy pink sprinkle which was crumbling apart. He decided to take a leap of faith towards the sprinkle in hopes of earning higher ground. While his pounce was mostly successful,Brad's legs had failed to reach the pink rock. As his lower body started to sink into the frosting, Brad grunted in anger. Perhaps channeling his inner Michael Phelps, Brad speedily kicked and dislodged himself from the icing. With his arms, he pulled himself onto a section of the pink sprinkle. As he breathed in exasperation, his eyes darted upwards and he panted nervously. The purple giant had now returned and was ready to feast.

 

Brad gripped tightly to the edges of the sprinkle as the cake slice was seized from the pan. Luckily, the purple alien was gentle with the cake and wished to savor every crumb of her creation. As slice lowered onto the plate, alarms loudly sounded in Brad's mind. Brad yelled in despair and waved one of his arms high, but the purple alien remained oblivious to his efforts. She slowly scooped some of the cake onto her stainless steel spoon and raised it to her mouth. 

 

She licked her lips once more and focused on the portion of cake in her spoon. From her magnificent maw, moist breath struck Brad's face. He coughed and gagged as the sourness of her breath filled his lungs. The spoon entered the dark innards of her mouth, and her lips pressed together. The piece of cake was dragged from the spoon's grasp and was now slave to her tongue. The purple alien moaned with satisfaction, and Brad screamed with all of his might. He thrust his hands high and his eyes illuminated in the darkness. White lightning crackled from his fingertips and streaked upwards to strike the alien's hard palate. Her munching ceased, and she instantly spewed the remnants of the cake piece onto her plate. She exclaimed,

 

"OW! The hell?"

 

Within the soggy, spit-ridden, wet chunks, Brad emerged. He had survived.