- Text Size +

"Oh, you know it! I've been trying them out when I can. I'm working up a yellow cake today, probably send some over to the neighbors tonight. It's just way too dangerous to have it sitting around. I'll keep nibbling on it."

 

The giant purple alien snickered as she finished her sentence. In her right hand, she held what appeared to be a cellphone. In her left hand, she blissfully whipped butter-cream chocolate icing onto the rectangular yellow cake. Most of her attention was dedicated to the ongoing conversation. In the corner of the cake, a speck struggled for survival. Brad was submerged deep within the chocolate butter-cream frosting. 

 

Luckily, the fall was not fatal, but the frosting surrounding Brad's impact zone was gradually lapping onto him. With his hands, Brad clawed upwards vigorously. Within seconds, Brad would be suffocated. He kicked violently and tried to foot himself up to a higher layer of the spread, but the frosting continued to suck his body further down. His face, his arms, and his body were completely covered in the chocolate coating. He was well camouflaged on the dessert.

 

He breathed heavily and closed his eyes. As he sank further, his thoughts centered on his hand. Brad considered the lightning from his hand may be powerful enough to melt the frosting around him. With the frosting melted, his movement could be restored to permit escape. Unfortunately, after repeated attempts, Brad came to a scary realization. His magical power was being stubborn and refused to conjure.

 

The temptation for hysteria and panic was strong, but Brad became enlightened with a different idea. The consistency of the sugary spread reminded him of something: quicksand. He quickly raised his arms up and leaned himself into a back float position. To his astonishment, the sinking abruptly paused. With his weight evenly distributed, the grip of the frosting began releasing his limbs. The locking sensation around his legs ceased, and they rose upwards to the surface of the icing.

 

Brad laid dormant on the top layer of the frosting. The purple alien's enormous upper figure hovered above him, she was utterly clueless to his location. Her eyes kept darting back and forth as her conversation carried onwards. She temporarily paused her exchange and came uncomfortably close to the surface of the cake.

 

The purple alien's face now fully encompassed Brad's vision. Brad yelled out and tried to wave his arms, kick his legs, but she remained oblivious to him. She squinted her massive yellow eyes and leaned even closer. She took a whiff of the cake into her protruding snout. Brad gasped in terror as he felt his body almost leave the frosting from the force of suction inside her cavern-sized nostrils. Her large plump, pink tongue appeared and licked her outer lips. She backed away from the frosting and tilted her head. Brad sighed with relief.

 

Brad examined the alien and tried to calm himself. Her hair was quite long, dark, and appeared smooth. She wore a jungle green knit tank-top with gray fleece sweatpants, both of which wrapped confidently around her thick figure. Her body language hinted of decisiveness and contemplation. Her hand reached for a nearby cylindrical container on the table. She lifted it just above the cake and began decorating the frosting with multi-colored sprinkles. She smiled as the sprinkles rained down onto the frosting.

 

While miniscule to her, the sprinkles were sized similar to horses at Brad's size. As the container hovered over Brad, he retracted himself with nervousness and refused to look up. Boom, thud, bloop! The sprinkles slammed into the frosting around him. She pulled the phone to her face and spoke,

 

"It's perfect- yeah, I'll let you know, girl. Heh- I'll try! You know I've got a weakness for corner pieces..."